[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Isiah and Tapscott in trade talks
Author Thread
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
6/18/2004  10:31 AM
Yea I'd be pretty surprised if Isiah does in fact land McKie, I think McKie is a decent player to come off the bench but his contract is just ridiculous. Getting McKie would be like getting another Shandon Anderson basically, someone who playes a minor role on the team but is costing you a lot of money.

[Edited by - s3231 on 06/18/2004 10:33:01]
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
AUTOADVERT
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/18/2004  10:38 AM
as for a back up for houston- McKie is clutch, but we need to start adding some young players- I'd rather go out and get a Stephen Jackson or a Crawford type player.

Unless its Shaq, we shouldn't be adding anyone to this roster who is over 30.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/18/2004  10:50 AM
Posted by s3231:

Yea I'd be pretty surprised if Isiah does in fact land McKie, I think McKie is a decent player to come off the bench but his contract is just ridiculous. Getting McKie would be like getting another Shandon Anderson basically, someone who playes a minor role on the team but is costing you a lot of money.

[Edited by - s3231 on 06/18/2004 10:33:01]

I don't think McKie is good at all but he does make plays and is an intelegent ball player. His basketball IQ puts him over the top.

The only way I'd take him is if they do a Shandon for McKie straight up. Even so what will be the point?
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/18/2004  10:53 AM
Ed Tapscott is a f'ing idoit anyway. He's more of an idiot than Layden except Ed has a quicker trigger finger.

I hope Isiah flecces Ed for real.....

I expect the Knicks to be very different before august.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Chico
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #666
6/18/2004  11:09 AM
You gotta be kidding me with this Aaron Mckie garbage. This guy has nothing in the tank. nothing.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/18/2004  11:35 AM
Mckie is a smart and good all around player, but at his price tag, that makes him a albatross, for a lot less, I would take Mckie in a second, he is 3 times the player Anderson is for sure.. Zeke needs to be real smart here and not give in too much to get marginal players. I do like Jumaine Jones, he is still young and a good athlete, lorenzen right when healthy was putting up monster double doubles, I mean he had a couple of 20 rebound games also...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
bernard
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #475
6/18/2004  11:43 AM
We're wasting our time talking about McKie. This was as stupid a suggestion as the one a couple of weeks ago that the Knicks might not protect H20. Of course they weren't going to protect H20. Some of the reporters covering the Knicks just don't get it.

Isiah's not dumb. He knows first hand that vastly overpaid players, whether they have enough talent to contribute or not, still detract from your team in this salary cap era. He's got a team full of guys like that.

Only way we take McKie is if we get something else in the deal ... WE get Philly's future no. 1 + McKie, Charlotte gets OT, Philly gets rid of McKie's contract but has to cede the #1 to do it. Otherwise, think Isiah would be looking at one of the younger guys with potential and a less unreasonable contract.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
6/18/2004  11:51 AM
Not that I think that anyone here wants Mckie on the team without getting something else, but couldn't Philly just trade Mckie for our expiring contracts and forgo the whole Charlotte middle man experience and keep their 1st round pick? Makes more sense to me that what was origionally proposed.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
6/18/2004  11:55 AM
we dont need smart players.. we have those. To me TT, Marbury, Penny, Houston, KT.. these guys are all good veteran players that know how to play in this league. What we need are some horses for these guys to drive.

we are very much were we were w/ Houston and Spree a couple years ago. We have an excellent perimeter attack and good ball handlers. Frank, Marbury, Houston, Penny and TT are a good group of wing players. Now I *do* think Sweetney becomes a stud... something between Corlis W and Zach R, but thats 2-3 years from now. They rest of th guys, Nazr, KT, Deke, Harrington, Baker... I see them all a role players (at best) or trade bait. We need some long athletic guys and shot blockers to make that perimeter attack effective (like Det does) or else you just have a bunch of chuckers.

I do think we are much closer, we have some good young players, and I like what I hear from our GM. If he can make half of it happen great. But at least he's not protecting Layden's nuclear secrets and only saying "we like our roster" when asked why he's stockpiled 8 PFs on the active roster.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/18/2004  12:01 PM
they would lose mckie's contract off this years salaries[which is doubled by being over the cap] + they would get a trade exemption for his salary that they could use on a younger player or just trade off.

RIP Crushalot😞
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
6/18/2004  12:03 PM
Y the hell would we trade an ending contract for Mckie's long term contract???? The worst part is we wouldn't be the ones getting the draft pick.

Dalembert better be apart of the deal if we take Mckie from Philly. Marquis Daniels better be apart of the deal if we land Fortson. Shane Battier better be apart of the deal if we make a move for Wright.

Id rather wait and see if I can find a SG who could make the team from the draft or after the draft in summer camp for cheap.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Andrew
USA
6/18/2004  12:06 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

they would lose mckie's contract off this years salaries[which is doubled by being over the cap] + they would get a trade exemption for his salary that they could use on a younger player or just trade off.

True...but I don't think 1 more year salary (I don't think the lux tax has yet to be invoked) is enough to get them to send a 1st round pick. But who knows.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/18/2004  12:11 PM
whatever it may be let's hope we dont talk anymore about mckie, that would be a BRUTAL move
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
6/18/2004  12:39 PM
What can McKie give us that we don't already have in Penny Hardaway? I'll pass on his contract.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/18/2004  12:45 PM
i'd take him if it meant we were getting rid of Shandon, that's all i was saying.

anyway, what do you think about Jumaine Jones? or maybe a Reece Gaines? are there any young SG's in the expansion draft that may be attainable for an expiring contract & cash considerations that the Bobcats won't keep for themselves?

[Edited by - TMS on 06/18/2004 12:45:52]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Andrew
USA
6/18/2004  12:53 PM
Posted by TMS:

are there any young SG's in the expansion draft that may be attainable for an expiring contract & cash considerations that the Bobcats won't keep for themselves?

Q. Woods maybe?
PURE KNICKS LOVE
TMS
USA
6/18/2004  12:56 PM
i would think the Bobcats would want to hold onto a guy like that though, no?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
6/18/2004  1:12 PM
I think Reece Gaines and Jones are just bad players. I would rather just stick with what we have then bring in more mediocre talent. Remember we never saw this group healthy together for any period of time last year... If we cant get a player that is a clear impact and fills a need like a Sheed, Swift, Dampier, Blount, then I'm more than happy to give Penny and minutes Houston cant play, and give Frank the minutes behind Penny and Marbury. Keep getting Sweetney in the fold and look to the deadline to package our $10mm in expiring deals. Why would this be a bad thing? (besides Knick fans having no patience)
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
6/18/2004  1:23 PM
Posted by TMS:

i'd take him if it meant we were getting rid of Shandon, that's all i was saying.

anyway, what do you think about Jumaine Jones? or maybe a Reece Gaines? are there any young SG's in the expansion draft that may be attainable for an expiring contract & cash considerations that the Bobcats won't keep for themselves?

[Edited by - TMS on 06/18/2004 12:45:52]

I posted these names earlier in this thread: Qyntel Woods, Deshawn Stevenson, Gerald Wallace, Alexander Pavlovic...
TMS
USA
6/18/2004  2:20 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I think Reece Gaines and Jones are just bad players. I would rather just stick with what we have then bring in more mediocre talent. Remember we never saw this group healthy together for any period of time last year... If we cant get a player that is a clear impact and fills a need like a Sheed, Swift, Dampier, Blount, then I'm more than happy to give Penny and minutes Houston cant play, and give Frank the minutes behind Penny and Marbury. Keep getting Sweetney in the fold and look to the deadline to package our $10mm in expiring deals. Why would this be a bad thing? (besides Knick fans having no patience)

i guess there are some players that Isiah is interested in acquiring in the expansion draft trade scenario or he wouldn't be approaching Tapscott in the 1st place...it seems to me he's not concerned about the money as much as he is just trying to improve the team for next season regardless if that's a popular choice w/fans or not...i guess we'll all find out soon enough...i just like to try & get into his head & see what he's thinking about.
Isiah and Tapscott in trade talks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy