Would you play Rasheed at center
Author Thread
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/20/2004  4:28 PM
Posted by MX25:

In East you could probably get away with Sheed at Center but vs West teams he'd get eaten alive at Center. I hope Sweetney gets consistent mins this upcoming year.

There are only two centers in the league that Shaq and Yoa. The rest of the league is full of PFs playing Center. I think Sheed can hold his own with almost any Center in the league except maybe Shaq and Yoa.
AUTOADVERT
Member: #575
Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
6/20/2004  4:33 PM
Posted by Vmart:
Posted by MX25:

In East you could probably get away with Sheed at Center but vs West teams he'd get eaten alive at Center. I hope Sweetney gets consistent mins this upcoming year.

There are only two centers in the league that Shaq and Yoa. The rest of the league is full of PFs playing Center. I think Sheed can hold his own with almost any Center in the league except maybe Shaq and Yoa.

May the force be with Sheed when he has to match up against Yoa.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/20/2004  6:14 PM
I disagree with that. I don't consider the following centers to be PFs playing out of position: Rasho Nesterovic, Jamal Magloire, Erick Dampier, Mark Blount, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Samuel Dalembert, Theo Ratliff, Greg Ostertag, Jeff Foster, Brad Miller, Eddy Curry
s3231
Member: #544
USA
6/20/2004  6:35 PM
We're trying to become a championship team, right? I don't see how starting Rasheed at C would ever make us a contender for the title. If we ever do get lucky enough to land Sheed, you have to put him at PF and then get a natural center who can also play defense (Dampier is an example). Putting Sheed at C might seem like a good idea since we are in the East, but it will get you no where if you plan on winning a championship. As someone mentioned before, do you really think Sheed can go up against someone like Yao Ming? Larry Brown has already learned from the Finals that you can't let Rasheed get in foul trouble or else you are just wasting him. Putting Rasheed at C would just be idiotic because he would be taken out of so many games because of fouls.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
MX25
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #555
USA
6/20/2004  6:36 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
I disagree with that. I don't consider the following centers to be PFs playing out of position: Rasho Nesterovic, Jamal Magloire, Erick Dampier, Mark Blount, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Samuel Dalembert, Theo Ratliff, Greg Ostertag, Jeff Foster, Brad Miller, Eddy Curry

Yea and it's harder in West to have Sheed at Center when you got C/PF combo's like Nesterovic/Duncan,Miller/Webber,Camby/Nene,Kandi/KG,Dirk/Walker,Wright/Gasol and few others.
Would you play Rasheed at center

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy