[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Away game in Brooklyn, NY
Author Thread
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

2/6/2015  8:02 PM
nixluva wrote:I like Thomas much more than Acy for this team. He just has more he brings to the table IMO.

I must say he is growing on me. I want to see better rebounding but his activity as a whole is pretty good.

AUTOADVERT
ScoreBot
2/6/2015  8:05 PM
2nd Qtr 1:57
BKN 47 NYK 41
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/6/2015  8:05 PM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:Gotta give KG credit for managing to stay effective this late in his career. On the other hand the Nets get away with murder considering how screwed they are. People concentrate on the Knicks situation but the Nets are FUBAR'd way more than NY.

Too bad STAT's knees couldn't hold up, cuz he'd still be a dominant player with some good knees.

nets are screwed but that doesnt change our situation. So far we have a high draft pick and cap space. Phil has to hit a homerun or we are screwed again

We'd only be screwed if we cap out which Phil has said he won't do. I don't know what the Nets are going to do.
truthfully i dont care about the nets just about the knicks. I trust phil and i know you are a very optimistic fan but we have a long road ahead and no guarantee that we will be a playoff team for a while
ScoreBot
2/6/2015  8:10 PM
2nd Qtr 0:17
BKN 53 NYK 45
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/6/2015  8:14 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:Gotta give KG credit for managing to stay effective this late in his career. On the other hand the Nets get away with murder considering how screwed they are. People concentrate on the Knicks situation but the Nets are FUBAR'd way more than NY.

Too bad STAT's knees couldn't hold up, cuz he'd still be a dominant player with some good knees.

nets are screwed but that doesnt change our situation. So far we have a high draft pick and cap space. Phil has to hit a homerun or we are screwed again

We'd only be screwed if we cap out which Phil has said he won't do. I don't know what the Nets are going to do.
truthfully i dont care about the nets just about the knicks. I trust phil and i know you are a very optimistic fan but we have a long road ahead and no guarantee that we will be a playoff team for a while

IMO the distance we have to go in order to be a playoff team isn't as great as it seems. Don't let the record this year warp your thinking. Phil is gonna have ample ability to bring in better players. We can't know exactly what he'll do, but this team is going to get a major overhaul.

I'm watching the Warriors vs Hawks game at the same time and it's like night and day how much better a game that is. Just look at the Hawks roster and then tell yourself that it's not possible for Phil to put together a decent team even without big names. It just takes smart decisions.

ScoreBot
2/6/2015  8:15 PM
Halftime  
BKN 53 NYK 45
StarksEwing1

2/6/2015  8:19 PM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

IMO the distance we have to go in order to be a playoff team isn't as great as it seems. Don't let the record this year warp your thinking. Phil is gonna have ample ability to bring in better players. We can't know exactly what he'll do, but this team is going to get a major overhaul.

I'm watching the Warriors vs Hawks game at the same time and it's like night and day how much better a game that is. Just look at the Hawks roster and then tell yourself that it's not possible for Phil to put together a decent team even without big names. It just takes smart decisions.

im not letting anything warp my thinking. I am optimistic about getting a good draft pick and signing more talent. However i try to be realistic as well. I mean i have faith in phil but you cant say for certain everything will work
nixluva
USA
2/6/2015  8:27 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

im not letting anything warp my thinking. I am optimistic about getting a good draft pick and signing more talent. However i try to be realistic as well. I mean i have faith in phil but you cant say for certain everything will work

So many on here keep saying that I'm saying everything will work and in truth i've never said that. In fact often I qualify my statements with "there is no guarantee". What I do think is that it's not some dire situation as some have tried to paint it. Once again i've never said it's a lock that everything is going to work out. I just think we have a lot positive things going for us now in terms of being able to start to improve the talent and rebuild the team. Just looking at the Hawks roster you don't see anything that jumps out at you saying there's no way we could do that.

ScoreBot
2/6/2015  8:30 PM
3rd Qtr 9:30
BKN 57 NYK 48
StarksEwing1

2/6/2015  8:31 PM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

So many on here keep saying that I'm saying everything will work and in truth i've never said that. In fact often I qualify my statements with "there is no guarantee". What I do think is that it's not some dire situation as some have tried to paint it. Once again i've never said it's a lock that everything is going to work out. I just think we have a lot positive things going for us now in terms of being able to start to improve the talent and rebuild the team. Just looking at the Hawks roster you don't see anything that jumps out at you saying there's no way we could do that.

the hawks are the hawks. You cant compare teams. The hawks made good moves but it took a few years to bear fruit. Look im not saying it wont work out because as a long suffering knick fan i want to win as soon as possible
ScoreBot
2/6/2015  8:35 PM
3rd Qtr 7:36
BKN 59 NYK 53
nixluva
USA
2/6/2015  8:36 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

the hawks are the hawks. You cant compare teams. The hawks made good moves but it took a few years to bear fruit. Look im not saying it wont work out because as a long suffering knick fan i want to win as soon as possible

I'm not comparing just pointing out that if they can build a team that functions at such a high level minus a lot of big names then the Knicks can too. We've already started to build towards the future if you look at how things have changed since the trade. Some of these guys can form the reserves of the team next year.
StarksEwing1

2/6/2015  8:38 PM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I'm not comparing just pointing out that if they can build a team that functions at such a high level minus a lot of big names then the Knicks can too. We've already started to build towards the future if you look at how things have changed since the trade. Some of these guys can form the reserves of the team next year.
to be fair things havent really changed i mean we beat a couple teams missing their best player
ScoreBot
2/6/2015  8:40 PM
3rd Qtr 5:44
BKN 61 NYK 57
StarksEwing1

2/6/2015  8:44 PM
I feel like the nets are trying to lose to screw us
nixluva
USA
2/6/2015  8:44 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

to be fair things havent really changed i mean we beat a couple teams missing their best player

You're looking at things from a W/L perspective and that's not really the point. The point is do we see some development of young players and some chemistry that can carry over. Then when we add some front line talent it can have even more impact. We don't have that front line talent right now but the role players we have are showing they can contribute.
ScoreBot
2/6/2015  8:45 PM
3rd Qtr 3:32
BKN 64 NYK 62
StarksEwing1

2/6/2015  8:47 PM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

You're looking at things from a W/L perspective and that's not really the point. The point is do we see some development of young players and some chemistry that can carry over. Then when we add some front line talent it can have even more impact. We don't have that front line talent right now but the role players we have are showing they can contribute.
god bless you for your optimism i respect that.
Knicks1969
Member: #5915

2/6/2015  8:49 PM
Lance Thomas is a better player than Acy. He fouls much less and is a better all around player than Acy
Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
ScoreBot
2/6/2015  8:50 PM
3rd Qtr 2:01
BKN 66 NYK 66
GameThread: Away game in Brooklyn, NY

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy