Carmelo 30yrs Old And Rebuilding In the Short Term
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
2/1/2015  5:32 PM
F500ONE wrote:
knickscity wrote:Interesting that melo and Fisher basically said the same thing.

Yep but hey Phil makes the decisions

So obviously they aren't on his same page

Because they have no power of choice, although Melo said

He'll be laying it on think in recruiting players

Cleanthony and THJR are approaching collateral damage

From how these two are talking

Interesting that Begley seems to be the only one pursuing this angle. Are other guys tweeting about it? Also, I think players will always say the time is now. In addition, this is the year the Knicks have a ton of cap space and a lottery pick.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/1/2015  5:38 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
knickscity wrote:Interesting that melo and Fisher basically said the same thing.

Interesting that Begley seems to be the only one pursuing this angle. Are other guys tweeting about it? Also, I think players will always say the time is now. In addition, this is the year the Knicks have a ton of cap space and a lottery pick.
we may not have a lottery pick by the end of the year. Also cap space doest always mean you will get the prize free agent. We gave up a lot in order to clear space for 2010 and that didnt work out too good
F500ONE
Member: #5844

2/1/2015  5:39 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

Well the lottery pick probably holds the most value

If we happen not to get the players we want in Free Agency

I think Begley's[angle] could come from having to spend

Near a month getting sound bites that Melo will SHUT IT DOWN

Now that we've won 5 out 7, you don't hear a peep about it

And all is well because we got rid of Shump and Smith

I think Begley is being even handed here and trying to figure out

What the hell are we doing, what is the real plan

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
2/1/2015  5:40 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

we may not have a lottery pick by the end of the year. Also cap space doest always mean you will get the prize free agent. We gave up a lot in order to clear space for 2010 and that didnt work out too good

Trust me, this team as build aint that good.
StarksEwing1

2/1/2015  5:45 PM
knickscity wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

agreed but we have won 4 of 6. Im more worried going up against weaker teams who are trying to drop. This draft is good at the top but there is a dropoff if you arent in top 5
F500ONE

2/1/2015  5:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/1/2015  5:51 PM
knickscity wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

Starks might be speaking to the fact of dropping out

Of the Top 5[which is where we need to be to not jack this up]

By not getting that potential franchise changing talent

We may hammer the last nail on the coffin of setting this franchise back 5-7yrs going forward

On the schedule next we have Boston and Brooklyn

Two teams not lighting it up right now Boston another time and

The Heat a couple times along with Detroit

We could very well win more games than preferred

Especially if the Heat sit Wade and Bosh for some suspect reason

Sits out one of these games

Then we start out March against the Kings and back-to-back with Pacers

Some of these teams may start throwing in the towel if they don't win a few gms fairly quickly

Then we'll be caught in a storm of "Tank Me Later"

Lakers and Orlando[who may fire Jacque] are lurking

And like I said Boston could make haste real quick to bottom out

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

2/1/2015  5:52 PM
lets win games and build a damn culture.

fck the tank! (unless our top FA target is Alex Ajinca)

so here is what phil is thinking ....
F500ONE

2/1/2015  6:00 PM
mreinman wrote:lets win games and build a damn culture.

Alex is an Alexis and we'll pay him 3yrs $18mil

To go along with the 9th pick in the draft

DELECTABLE!!!!!!!!

StarksEwing1

2/1/2015  6:04 PM
F500ONE wrote:
mreinman wrote:lets win games and build a damn culture.

Alex is an Alexis and we'll pay him 3yrs $18mil

To go along with the 9th pick in the draft

DELECTABLE!!!!!!!!

my biggest fear is that we end up with the 8—10 pick and then strike out in free agency. If that happens our only hope is durant the following year
mreinman

2/1/2015  6:07 PM
pick your poison.

I hate the tank and it barely ever works.

And, there is no way to really tank on purpose unless you really have fcked things up.

StarksEwing1

2/1/2015  6:10 PM
mreinman wrote:pick your poison.

And, there is no way to really tank on purpose unless you really have fcked things up.

i just want to stay in top Five because we really need a good young talent on a rookie contract. Im sure we will do well in free agency but there is a possibility we might not land our target
mreinman

2/1/2015  6:13 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:

i just want to stay in top Five because we really need a good young talent on a rookie contract. Im sure we will do well in free agency but there is a possibility we might not land our target

ya never know what ya gonna get

perhaps we will just end up drafting Stein, who knows. Its a weird draft anyway.

If there was a Lebron, Durant, Duncan type of sure thing then maybe I would jump on board for a (puke) tank.

StarksEwing1

2/1/2015  6:17 PM
mreinman wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

perhaps we will just end up drafting Stein, who knows. Its a weird draft anyway.

If there was a Lebron, Durant, Duncan type of sure thing then maybe I would jump on board for a (puke) tank.

you are right about that. I actually like stein but getting a guy like towns or russell would be so good especially if phil hits a homerun this summer
mreinman

2/1/2015  6:27 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

you are right about that. I actually like stein but getting a guy like towns or russell would be so good especially if phil hits a homerun this summer

those 2 guys are not home runs IMHO.

StarksEwing1

2/1/2015  6:30 PM
mreinman wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

i meant in free agency
mreinman

2/1/2015  6:34 PM
mreinman wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I know but my point is that there are no obvious home runs in the draft and good FA's unless you are ready to grossly overpay are not fan of going to tanky teams.

StarksEwing1

2/1/2015  6:37 PM
mreinman wrote:
mreinman wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I know but my point is that there are no obvious home runs in the draft and good FA's unless you are ready to grossly overpay are not fan of going to tanky teams.

sure the draft is a crapshoot but its still usually better getting in the top 5. This draft isnt really deep but there are potential gamechangers at the top
F500ONE

2/1/2015  6:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/1/2015  6:40 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
mreinman wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

sure the draft is a crapshoot but its still usually better getting in the top 5. This draft isnt really deep but there are potential gamechangers at the top

The draft pick if for nothing else is leverage

And this draft will prove to be one of lust and passion

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
2/2/2015  10:44 AM
This is a difficult balancing act to maintain ticket sales and improve the team long term.
Not sure that having a great team is even an objective of MSG.
Making as much $$$ as possible for the owner, the bureaucrats, and stuff is what matters.
Winning and Championships is nice but not essential.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/2/2015  10:48 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
nixluva wrote:This was always going to be a combination of building for the future and the present. I don't think anyone expected that we'd simply ignore vets in Free Agency and do a Sixers style rebuild which could take many years to produce results. ..... Present and future both. I don't see how you didn't already know this.

What you are describing is called a "treadmill team" in the NBA.

Good enough to battle for that last playoff spot. Never bad enough to get an impact lottery pick. Never good enough to contend. Just treadmilling enough where your assets in place age and depreciate.

The full on tank now burns out a year of Melo's prime, or what's left of his prime window.

You've never answered the "timetable" question. Mostly because you don't want to answer it or don't have an answer for it.

For the Knicks to be able to actually build a team around Melo that could contend with him on the roster, by the time that happens and those draft picks develop, under even the most ideal of conditions, Melo's contract will likely be over or at the very end.

Point to note, if you look around the NBA, look at the contenders or the teams very close to contention, they all 'took many years to produce results' Many of those teams were products of decisions and personnel moves that date back 5-6 years.

This current tank job wasn't intentional. Please check your happy horse**** about this was all some kind of brilliant design by Zen Master. He actually tried to win this year and took a giant nosedive off a cliff. The tanking was just an extension of not having any other options at this point.

You also seem to miss the biggest point of all. Most of your hack job defense of what the Knicks front office is doing is based on your ball licking of Phil Jackson non stop. Except you wouldn't need a 60 million dollar splash GM and team president to get the Knicks where they are right now.

Melo is like Herschel Walker was on the Cowboys ( except Walker had a work ethic, actually didn't drive off coaches and team mates who could help him, and refrained from saying stupid things to the press) A player who doesn't fit the timetable of what that franchise needs to do, given the time and place and circumstance.

Pretty vanilla comment by Nix. Also, I don't think he ever said that Phil had a plan to tank and on the contrary was had positive thoughts about the roster coming into the season. Seems a bit like you are going after another poster here in my opinion.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Carmelo 30yrs Old And Rebuilding In the Short Term

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy