F500ONE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5844

2/1/2015  1:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/1/2015  1:49 PM

Nixluva you recall our discussion the other day about rebuilding right

Well here is a brief report taking a statement from coach Fisher

A guy you'll turn purple in the face to defend says the long-term process

May not be what we're looking for, sounds like they will use this offeseason

With high probability to take some chances, Is this Melo's age and contract situation

Causing Fisher to make such statement, is Phil in a pressure cooker situation because

He made 1 too many guarantees-promises to Melo and his coach

Why does Melo being 30 have anything to do with changing how we should think

Didn't Walsh start making short term risks that came back to bite us in the butt

Yeah developing players is not necessarily what Fisher wants to be pickled in

Wonder if Phil is entertaining ideas of trading the pick for another "Underrated Superstar"

AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/1/2015  1:50 PM
Nothing in that comment really is a surprise or a change in what was expected. This was always going to be a combination of building for the future and the present. I don't think anyone expected that we'd simply ignore vets in Free Agency and do a Sixers style rebuild which could take many years to produce results. People have been throwing around names like Dragic, Matthews, etc in addition to younger vets, but almost all are proven commodities. So how does that really change anything we expected? We also know that this team has a lot of young players being developed and will add a draft pick to that young mix, but we also know that Free Agency was going to be about adding proven talent, so what is your point exactly? This is going to be about building a sustainable path to success. Present and future both. I don't see how you didn't already know this.
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
2/1/2015  1:55 PM
2010....the remix. get ready for a maxed out "insert overrated player's name".
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/1/2015  1:59 PM
knickscity wrote:2010....the remix. get ready for a maxed out "insert overrated player's name".
Lets hope Phil doesn't max out the booby prize. Are there any guys out there with uninsurable contracts that won't get paid by other teams?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/1/2015  2:02 PM
I say let's trade two #1 picks for Thad Young.
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

2/1/2015  2:05 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:I say let's trade two #1 picks for Thad Young.

ouch!

thats not like you

so here is what phil is thinking ....
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/1/2015  2:08 PM
mreinman wrote:

ouch!

thats not like you

Yellol.

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

2/1/2015  2:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/1/2015  2:10 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

ouch!

thats not like you

Yellol.

fixed

so here is what phil is thinking ....
F500ONE

2/1/2015  2:20 PM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

ouch!

thats not like you

Yellol.

fixed

Retoolol

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/1/2015  2:21 PM
This is not going to turn into another 2010. For one thing at least this time there's a blueprint and a philosophical guideline in addition to one clear voice and vision from Phil. I think that will make a huge difference. Also I don't see how this jibes with what Phil said in that he may not be looking at blowing all his cap space on one big name, as opposed to smaller signings which would make for a better overall team. We'll see what happens, but one comment doesn't really determine what's going to happen.
F500ONE

2/1/2015  2:35 PM
nixluva wrote:Nothing in that comment really is a surprise or a change in what was expected. This was always going to be a combination of building for the future and the present. I don't think anyone expected that we'd simply ignore vets in Free Agency and do a Sixers style rebuild which could take many years to produce results. People have been throwing around names like Dragic, Matthews, etc in addition to younger vets, but almost all are proven commodities. So how does that really change anything we expected? We also know that this team has a lot of young players being developed and will add a draft pick to that young mix, but we also know that Free Agency was going to be about adding proven talent, so what is your point exactly? This is going to be about building a sustainable path to success. Present and future both. I don't see how you didn't already know this.

This team will bring in as many vets

More than likely at whatever price

More than likely at the expense of development

Because next yr they'll be in WIN NOW MODE circa 2011

So expect similar reaches with

A dash of Amar'e Stoudemires

A pinch of Tyson Chandlers

A sprinkle of Raymond Feltons

It will not surprise me if we do a draft day trade

Giving up the right to hold pick hostage as a ransom in exchange

So we'll have enough cap to sign Greg Monroe, Goran Dragic, Aaron Afflalo, and Alexis Ajinca at exorbitant prices

F500ONE

2/1/2015  2:40 PM
nixluva wrote:This is not going to turn into another 2010. For one thing at least this time there's a blueprint and a philosophical guideline in addition to one clear voice and vision from Phil. I think that will make a huge difference. Also I don't see how this jibes with what Phil said in that he may not be looking at blowing all his cap space on one big name, as opposed to smaller signings which would make for a better overall team. We'll see what happens, but one comment doesn't really determine what's going to happen.

We're rebuilding around a 30yr old Super Maxed out player

He's not just "a piece" he'll be openly recruiting

Players to join "his team", wonder if he'll get better results than

Kobe trying to recruit this past summer

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/1/2015  2:46 PM
F500ONE wrote:
nixluva wrote:Nothing in that comment really is a surprise or a change in what was expected. This was always going to be a combination of building for the future and the present. I don't think anyone expected that we'd simply ignore vets in Free Agency and do a Sixers style rebuild which could take many years to produce results. People have been throwing around names like Dragic, Matthews, etc in addition to younger vets, but almost all are proven commodities. So how does that really change anything we expected? We also know that this team has a lot of young players being developed and will add a draft pick to that young mix, but we also know that Free Agency was going to be about adding proven talent, so what is your point exactly? This is going to be about building a sustainable path to success. Present and future both. I don't see how you didn't already know this.

So we'll have enough cap to sign Greg Monroe, Goran Dragic, Aaron Afflalo, and Alexis Ajinca at exorbitant prices

I agree with Nix. I don't think you can expect the past to repeat itself when the guy making the decisions is talking about a very different approach.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
F500ONE

2/1/2015  2:51 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

I agree with Nix. I don't think you can expect the past to repeat itself when the guy making the decisions is talking about a very different approach.

Fisher's comments about "short term" due to Melo's age don't sound good

Maybe there is more context to the quote, Begley probably produces a fuller article on statement

smackeddog
Member: #883
2/1/2015  2:52 PM
Last time I checked, fisher wasn't the Gm. He was offering an opinion, not a fact
F500ONE

2/1/2015  3:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/1/2015  3:02 PM
smackeddog wrote:Last time I checked, fisher wasn't the Gm. He was offering an opinion, not a fact

True but who is "THEM"

And the GM-Pres handpicked coach are

1 in the same in mind and thought right[part of the mindfulnessism]

F500ONE

2/1/2015  5:16 PM
We're getting more of the thought process

knickscity
USA
2/1/2015  5:19 PM
F500ONE wrote:We're getting more of the thought process

Interesting that melo and Fisher basically said the same thing.
F500ONE

2/1/2015  5:24 PM
knickscity wrote:Interesting that melo and Fisher basically said the same thing.

Yep but hey Phil makes the decisions

So obviously they aren't on his same page

Because they have no power of choice, although Melo said

He'll be laying it on think in recruiting players

Cleanthony and THJR are approaching collateral damage

From how these two are talking

knickscity
USA
2/1/2015  5:32 PM
F500ONE wrote:
knickscity wrote:Interesting that melo and Fisher basically said the same thing.

Yep but hey Phil makes the decisions

So obviously they aren't on his same page

Because they have no power of choice, although Melo said

He'll be laying it on think in recruiting players

Cleanthony and THJR are approaching collateral damage

From how these two are talking

Bingo.
Carmelo 30yrs Old And Rebuilding In the Short Term

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy