[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

potential new number 1 target in free agency
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/3/2015  12:04 PM
I think we should really look at Kevin Seraphin. I think he's ready to be a starting 4 in this league. He's been sick behind Humphries, gortat, nene and guys like gooden. The kid was already good but I'm sure he's improved greatly learning from these guys in practice. I really believe this is our sleeper guy that we can get reletively cheap to round out the roster. You wanna talk bang for your buck? This is the guy.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
KEEPCAMBYNY
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #86
USA
2/3/2015  6:20 PM
martin wrote:
KEEPCAMBYNY wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I'm not saying number 1 like wed be getting kd I'm saying potential number 1 value free agent who also has significant upside. A Dragic or a Knight will cost 14mm plus. I don't think they are of the same relative value. I think if we sign anjica for 5mm and resign smith for 4 with appropriate 4acquisitions will be straight.

You were doing so good until you mentioned Smith. With Ajinca there really isn't a need for "Junior Bargs". Honestly, I don't think he will cost that much money. The good thing is that N.O. only has his early bird rights so they can only go as high as 175% of the avg nba's salary.2014-15 NBA Player Contracts

2014-15 Salary Cap: $63,065,000

Average Salary: $4,116,185

So, regardless the Knicks can easily out pay the Pelicans while staying under $6M.

Idk ...

I me be softening on Smith

I think that I may be seeing a bit of what Phil envisions ... LOL ... seriously. He has been playing much better and moving closer and closer to behind the arc.

I think the guy has potential to be efficient if he moves some/most of those long 2's to short 3's.

He might has a chance to be efficient but he still doesn't rebound or play any defense. I do not want bigs that do not rebound or play defense unless they are highly extremely super extraordinarily efficient.

And that is exactly why I am on the Karl Towns bandwagon. The role that Jason Smith is playing right now would easily get dominated by Towns. His outside shot, passing ability not to mention the rebounding and shot blocking would be a perfect match in the triangle. If we somehow got Gasol, a Gasol/Towns/Melo lead team might take the league by storm next season.

This is one scenario whereby if we don't get the first overall (assuming that would be Okafor) and Towns turned into a player he is capable of being, I would love. You have 2 post players who fit the triangle perfectly in Gasol and Melo, and Towns who can spread the floor and is agile enough on defense. Part 2 of that plan would be to bring in a Matthews type. Gasol, Towns, Melo, Matthews, Gallo. I'd love that team.

I like that! That would be a team of two way playing guys that all compliment one another and could easily settle into their roles. They could be one of the top defensive teams in the league too as well. Watching Gasol, melo,and Towns showing their passing skills on offense would be a a thing of beauty. I really hope that happens.

I bleed orange and blue for life.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/3/2015  11:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/3/2015  11:33 PM
martin wrote:
KEEPCAMBYNY wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I'm not saying number 1 like wed be getting kd I'm saying potential number 1 value free agent who also has significant upside. A Dragic or a Knight will cost 14mm plus. I don't think they are of the same relative value. I think if we sign anjica for 5mm and resign smith for 4 with appropriate 4acquisitions will be straight.

You were doing so good until you mentioned Smith. With Ajinca there really isn't a need for "Junior Bargs". Honestly, I don't think he will cost that much money. The good thing is that N.O. only has his early bird rights so they can only go as high as 175% of the avg nba's salary.2014-15 NBA Player Contracts

2014-15 Salary Cap: $63,065,000

Average Salary: $4,116,185

So, regardless the Knicks can easily out pay the Pelicans while staying under $6M.

Idk ...

I me be softening on Smith

I think that I may be seeing a bit of what Phil envisions ... LOL ... seriously. He has been playing much better and moving closer and closer to behind the arc.

I think the guy has potential to be efficient if he moves some/most of those long 2's to short 3's.

He might has a chance to be efficient but he still doesn't rebound or play any defense. I do not want bigs that do not rebound or play defense unless they are highly extremely super extraordinarily efficient.

And that is exactly why I am on the Karl Towns bandwagon. The role that Jason Smith is playing right now would easily get dominated by Towns. His outside shot, passing ability not to mention the rebounding and shot blocking would be a perfect match in the triangle. If we somehow got Gasol, a Gasol/Towns/Melo lead team might take the league by storm next season.

This is one scenario whereby if we don't get the first overall (assuming that would be Okafor) and Towns turned into a player he is capable of being, I would love. You have 2 post players who fit the triangle perfectly in Gasol and Melo, and Towns who can spread the floor and is agile enough on defense. Part 2 of that plan would be to bring in a Matthews type. Gasol, Towns, Melo, Matthews, Gallo. I'd love that team.

That is an amazing team team man! Butler, Matthews or Green are my top priority signing. I would love it if we were able to also sign Marc Gasol after fixing the backcourt and drafting Towns/OK4 but I don't think it's likely.

gunsnewing
USA
2/3/2015  11:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/3/2015  11:43 PM
You need a top notch backcourt in today's nba. It's no surprise why we struggle every year. Our backcourt has been crap for years. The best thing is all these SG's are under 30. Whereas all the bigs on the market at over 30. Its better to pay the youngsters close to max first than add a guy like Gasol, Milsap or Monroe for less than max.

I think Gasol would be great fit if you can get him for less than max. High IQ big who does it all

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/3/2015  11:52 PM
I'm just glad to read a thread where Knick fans are daring to dream big. Sure it's not guaranteed, BUT IT'S A POSSIBILITY!!! That's what this is all about. We actually have a shot to do what you guys are suggesting. There are so many variations on what can happen, but something is going to change on this team and that much is guaranteed. We have a shot at Towns or Russell or anyone else in this draft. We have a shot at any of the Free Agents this summer. Let's discuss all the possible permutations of the future roster we can think of!

Screw the doom and gloom!!!

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/4/2015  2:48 PM
In the last two years Alexis Anjica has played 20 or more minutes 22 times for an average of 24.8 minutes at a time.
His numbers
22 games 24.8 minutes 12 points 8 rebounds 1.5 blocks 1.3 assists 56%

Jason Smith who is avg nearly 21 minutes this year goes at

7.6 points 3.5 rebounds 1.6 assists 0.4 blocks and 44% shooting

Combined they would avg 19.6 points 11. 5 rebounds 1.9 blocks 3.0 assists in 45 minutes

RIP Crushalot😞
Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/4/2015  3:07 PM
BRIGGS wrote:In the last two years Alexis Anjica has played 20 or more minutes 22 times for an average of 24.8 minutes at a time.
His numbers

Combined they would avg 19.6 points 11. 5 rebounds 1.9 blocks 3.0 assists in 45 minutes

if they'd never be on the floor together and each other's way.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
BRIGGS
2/4/2015  3:11 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:In the last two years Alexis Anjica has played 20 or more minutes 22 times for an average of 24.8 minutes at a time.
His numbers

if they'd never be on the floor together and each other's way.

Well my guess is we may add a couple of high quality power forwards. But if at times they played together I dont see the problem.

If we got both for an average of around 7mm combined--that would be an effiecnt position cost wise that would give numbers that would equate to double the cost.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
2/5/2015  4:01 PM
I hope the Knicks consider this player. There is NO one else available for the minimal cost Anjica would fetch that has the same attributes he brings. If Anjica spent 3-4 months hard on his core and base strength and gained an additional 8-10 pds--he would be a really good player for us. Who else has his skill level and is 7-1 with a 7-9 wingspan? This guy is a steal of steals--you just have to see it--you have to vision the guy with 20% more strength and explosion--then you have one helluva player for cheap.
RIP Crushalot😞
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

2/5/2015  4:12 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I hope the Knicks consider this player. There is NO one else available for the minimal cost Anjica would fetch that has the same attributes he brings. If Anjica spent 3-4 months hard on his core and base strength and gained an additional 8-10 pds--he would be a really good player for us. Who else has his skill level and is 7-1 with a 7-9 wingspan? This guy is a steal of steals--you just have to see it--you have to vision the guy with 20% more strength and explosion--then you have one helluva player for cheap.

Briggs, we are not blind we have been discussing him for a while in game threads. Yellow pointed him out months ago and also pointed to his ridiculous efficiency.

He does get pushed around a lot! So he really needs to work on that, he should have been further along here. Towns has the same problem, he gets pushed off the block because of his weak / young core.

He also needs to work on his passing, he does pass well at all.

All that being said, he is so damn efficient and I would love to have him at a bargain price.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
gunsnewing
USA
2/5/2015  4:33 PM
mreinman wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I hope the Knicks consider this player. There is NO one else available for the minimal cost Anjica would fetch that has the same attributes he brings. If Anjica spent 3-4 months hard on his core and base strength and gained an additional 8-10 pds--he would be a really good player for us. Who else has his skill level and is 7-1 with a 7-9 wingspan? This guy is a steal of steals--you just have to see it--you have to vision the guy with 20% more strength and explosion--then you have one helluva player for cheap.

Briggs, we are not blind we have been discussing him for a while in game threads. Yellow pointed him out months ago and also pointed to his ridiculous efficiency.

He does get pushed around a lot! So he really needs to work on that, he should have been further along here. Towns has the same problem, he gets pushed off the block because of his weak / young core.

All that being said, he is so damn efficient and I would love to have him at a bargain price.

Now I understand why u are comparing Towns to Camby. You are way offbase with that comparison imo. Towns is a tank. NBA body at 19. He's more of an in shape versatile Bynum than Camby

mreinman

2/5/2015  4:43 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Now I understand why u are comparing Towns to Camby. You are way offbase with that comparison imo. Towns is a tank. NBA body at 19. He's more of an in shape versatile Bynum than Camby

I don't think so. Towns is great for 19 but needs to get a much stronger base.

I compare him to camby because of his active defense and agility though WCF may remind me more of camby.

What Towns can do that Camby could never is shoot. Towns has a pure shot and people don't even realize that. Maybe he ends up as a much better defensive bosh. Towns has down town range.

BRIGGS
2/5/2015  4:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/5/2015  4:48 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Towns is no Camby. Towns needs base strength as well--but hes a legit 6-11 245-250 and hes got room to get to 260 solid.

Anjica needs 10 pounds to--but moreso strength on his core and base. If he committed to that--he could score 14-16 points a night with 30 minutes of action grab 8 rebounds and block 2 shots. He's not a bad passer at all--he's actually a good passer for his size and position. Hes a willing passer.

RIP Crushalot😞
gunsnewing
USA
2/5/2015  4:51 PM
Yea Camby weighed 220. Probably weighed 210 in College as a 22yr old
gunsnewing
USA
2/5/2015  4:53 PM
I think Towns is perfect at 250. You don't want him to lose his mobility which allows him to go inside and outside. He will be a monster once he improves his core strength that's for sure
mreinman

2/5/2015  5:47 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Towns is no Camby. Towns needs base strength as well--but hes a legit 6-11 245-250 and hes got room to get to 260 solid.

Anjica needs 10 pounds to--but moreso strength on his core and base. If he committed to that--he could score 14-16 points a night with 30 minutes of action grab 8 rebounds and block 2 shots. He's not a bad passer at all--he's actually a good passer for his size and position. Hes a willing passer.

Not the games that I saw him play ... what makes you say that?

He is also avging 0.3 assists per game and a 4:1 usg -> assist ratio.

Not saying that you are wrong ... I have seen him play 5-6 times this year but maybe you have seen him much more than I have.

BRIGGS
2/28/2015  8:09 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/28/2015  8:12 AM
Anjica last night 24 points 8 rebounds 3 blocks and he missed 1 shot. I had this game and the Knicks going side by side. I'll say it again dollar for dollar spent Anjica will be the best free agent value. He won that game for no last night and he did this in 20 min
RIP Crushalot😞
potential new number 1 target in free agency

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy