potential new number 1 target in free agency
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
2/1/2015  11:11 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
The guy who I would try but doubt his team would let him go is Kyle O'Quinn. Maybe can get him at $7M but that's doubtful and that's overpaying him.

I think you could definitely get him at 7 mil but I don't think he is worth it.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/1/2015  11:24 PM
EnySpree wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
KNICKSBIGCATS wrote:No thanks.
The guy's a foul machine.
He would have been a good hack a shaq.

Hes going to be a cheap steal. His advanced stats plus just looking at his play if a team can get him c heap hel be an impact 7 footer

I get it. He should be on the radar, but the guy is still soft. I love when players prove me wrong.

His rebound rate per 36 minutes is over 13. If he gave a full off season to developing base and core strength this would be another Whiteside type get for a team savvy enough to see it. I'd like to keep jason smith but what he is is a stretch 5 and you'd have to play him with an interior 4 anjica is a pure 5 yet he can hit the mid range. He should go very well with melo and a solid pf. We haven't had a 7 footer wo can post in years. What I look for is signs of addedNBA produ tion like he had against toronto and la ---where a player gets extended minutes and produces out to his projected 36 min rate. This is a 7-1 athlete with a 7~9 wingspan. Hes 26 a pro trainer could turn him into a amonster in one offseason. A team that signs him puts the cards on the table wiyh him--anjica will give you 32 minutes a night and well sign you to this amount of dollars but we want you to do this for us this guy can be a great 5 for us for 10 years.

RIP Crushalot😞
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

2/1/2015  11:35 PM
EnySpree wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Hes going to be a cheap steal. His advanced stats plus just looking at his play if a team can get him c heap hel be an impact 7 footer

I get it. He should be on the radar, but the guy is still soft. I love when players prove me wrong.

He is on the radar ...

Yellow mentioned him a while ago as someone to watch.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
F500ONE
Member: #5844

2/1/2015  11:35 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

His rebound rate per 36 minutes is over 13. If he gave a full off season to developing base and core strength this would be another Whiteside type get for a team savvy enough to see it. I'd like to keep jason smith but what he is is a stretch 5 and you'd have to play him with an interior 4 anjica is a pure 5 yet he can hit the mid range. He should go very well with melo and a solid pf. We haven't had a 7 footer wo can post in years. What I look for is signs of addedNBA produ tion like he had against toronto and la ---where a player gets extended minutes and produces out to his projected 36 min rate. This is a 7-1 athlete with a 7~9 wingspan. Hes 26 a pro trainer could turn him into a amonster in one offseason. A team that signs him puts the cards on the table wiyh him--anjica will give you 32 minutes a night and well sign you to this amount of dollars but we want you to do this for us this guy can be a great 5 for us for 10 years.

He's a situational player at best

If his Per 36 were such a huge barometer guess what

He wouldn't only be logging 12min/gm

Matter of fact this is his 2nd season with NOP and his minutes have decreased

Someone would have already turned him into a monster in their organization

Who have we turned into a monster within our organization at this time, no one

Alexis plays with one everyday in Anthony Davis you'd think he'd be so much more

You were the one who said "NOBODY DOUBLE TEAMS IN THE NBA ANYMORE"

Well I'll raise your suspect statement and say

"7ftrs are not what they used to be" and only have major impact

If they rebound, rim protect, and block shots at an Elite level

Alexis does not fit the bill

Amir Johnson would qualify as a #1 target 49 spots ahead of Alexis

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/2/2015  12:24 AM
F500ONE wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Alexis plays with one everyday in Anthony Davis you'd think he'd be so much more

You could have said the same about Mozgov when he was around Alexis age. This is a big you bring to your program cheap/while overpaying slightly to get him away from his current team and you see what he can do.

Look at Ed Davis. He got swallowed up in Memphis behind two good bigs. His minutes dropped from in the 20s to the 15s. Sometimes players get stuck behind good players. Ajinca is stuck behind the great young Anthony Davis and one of the better rebounding and defensive bigs in Asik. When Davis is out Ajinca has performed well.

Ajinca is a value FA that can help a team and if he just happens to break out, he could really put a team over the top.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/2/2015  7:03 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/2/2015  7:09 AM

You can see the guy can play...he needs p90x or something. Guy is very frail and sickly looking. A Calvin booth looking mofo. I feel like guys were ignoring him out there. If a team had a scouting report and prepared for him he would be less effective.

Again he's a guy you want on your bench hoping he can get going but at 26 his time is now. I know it takes longer for big men to develop but 26?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/2/2015  9:47 AM
This is is long as hell. I'd certainly give him a look
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/2/2015  10:14 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:The knicks need bench players that are actually NBA quality players. I would not call him the number 1 target but he should be on the top of the list of cheap targets than can improve the bench/team.

What is also good about Ajinca is that he can actually play some 4. He plays with Asik at times.

Actually i think our issue is our starters, we have some players who can end up forming a great bench squad. Galloway, Hardaway Jr. Early, Acy, Jason Smith, Aldrich etc can be a great bench with good upside. Problem is we need 4 new starters.

BRIGGS
2/2/2015  11:50 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

You could have said the same about Mozgov when he was around Alexis age. This is a big you bring to your program cheap/while overpaying slightly to get him away from his current team and you see what he can do.

Look at Ed Davis. He got swallowed up in Memphis behind two good bigs. His minutes dropped from in the 20s to the 15s. Sometimes players get stuck behind good players. Ajinca is stuck behind the great young Anthony Davis and one of the better rebounding and defensive bigs in Asik. When Davis is out Ajinca has performed well.

Ajinca is a value FA that can help a team and if he just happens to break out, he could really put a team over the top.

Agree yellowing where else are there 7-1 players with 7-9 wingspan with skills coming into their own game? 4-6mm a year for a potential starting c capable of 15-10 -2

RIP Crushalot😞
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
2/2/2015  12:48 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
TPercy wrote:He is soft as hell

Hassan Whitside was not considered an nba basketball player 6 weeks ago.Anjica is showing strong signs of breaking out.The fact that he can also hit the mid range jumpshot fills out nicely with what we are doing. He's blocking shots he's scoring rebounding you put him next to melo and okafor with a good pg and he's going to be really good. For4-6 mm a year that's what we want low risk high reward

BRIGGS, I have to give you props on Whiteside. You said he would be good before that draft. He looked like a bust at first and it took 3 years, but he is finally showing his potential. Knicks need to find more diamonds in the rough like that.

Trust the Process
BRIGGS
2/2/2015  1:13 PM
It's pretty simple there is no other free agent at the low price anjica will command that has the ability to impact a team like he potentially can. We work with him work on his core/ base strength and we could have a c for 4-6mm who would be worth double.
RIP Crushalot😞
mreinman

2/2/2015  2:52 PM
TheGame wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
TPercy wrote:He is soft as hell

Hassan Whitside was not considered an nba basketball player 6 weeks ago.Anjica is showing strong signs of breaking out.The fact that he can also hit the mid range jumpshot fills out nicely with what we are doing. He's blocking shots he's scoring rebounding you put him next to melo and okafor with a good pg and he's going to be really good. For4-6 mm a year that's what we want low risk high reward

BRIGGS, I have to give you props on Whiteside. You said he would be good before that draft. He looked like a bust at first and it took 3 years, but he is finally showing his potential. Knicks need to find more diamonds in the rough like that.

Don't think that Whiteside would have lasted here for 3 years though.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/2/2015  3:33 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Agree yellowing where else are there 7-1 players with 7-9 wingspan with skills coming into their own game? 4-6mm a year for a potential starting c capable of 15-10 -2

Not sure he'd put up those #s but I agree at that price, it's a great gamble.
Good call, Briggs, IMO.

yellowboy90

2/2/2015  4:11 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Good call, Briggs, IMO.

Exactly, I doubt he put those numbers up unless everything comes together defensively and offensively. Plus Also, I am not sure you want to go full boar on him like he is your"#1 target" or if you want to wait and let his market set then go just above it. It would be cool to know how this stuff works. How do teams identify low level talents and keep them interested while trying to go after larger FAs so that everyone can fit in the cap?
Bonn1997
USA
2/2/2015  4:21 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Good call, Briggs, IMO.

Exactly, I doubt he put those numbers up unless everything comes together defensively and offensively. Plus Also, I am not sure you want to go full boar on him like he is your"#1 target" or if you want to wait and let his market set then go just above it. It would be cool to know how this stuff works. How do teams identify low level talents and keep them interested while trying to go after larger FAs so that everyone can fit in the cap?

Yeah, you're right that "#1 target" is a bit over the top.
mreinman

2/2/2015  5:07 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Good call, Briggs, IMO.

You just like him because of his efficiency ...

Briggs does not necessarily go by the same standard. He does not really look at TS and WS.

Bonn1997
USA
2/2/2015  5:16 PM
mreinman wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Good call, Briggs, IMO.

You just like him because of his efficiency ...

Briggs does not necessarily go by the same standard. He does not really look at TS and WS.

Yeah, it's mostly a coincidence that we both reached the same view here. I was giving a little bit of weight to his size and wingspan but it's mostly TS and WS like you said.
yellowboy90

2/2/2015  5:31 PM
Eye test and advance stats united as one great community. Thanks Ajinca.

More youtube Ajinca followed by all the stats you can find.

mreinman

2/2/2015  5:39 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:Eye test and advance stats united as one great community. Thanks Ajinca.

Yellow, are you not a member of both communities?

Anybody who uses just one is partially blind.

yellowboy90

2/2/2015  5:59 PM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Eye test and advance stats united as one great community. Thanks Ajinca.

Yellow, are you not a member of both communities?

Anybody who uses just one is partially blind.

lol.

potential new number 1 target in free agency

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy