[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I wonder what Minny is asking for Thad Young
Author Thread
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/30/2015  7:28 PM
He's young enough, skilled enough, hard working enough to be a legit starter on the new Knicks. His skill set would complement Melo Perfectly and each can play the 3 or 4. Is Minny looking for assets or a salary dump?
AUTOADVERT
F500ONE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5844

1/30/2015  7:31 PM
I've suggested going for him no more than once

At least by my last recollection

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

1/30/2015  7:45 PM
will they give NY a 1st round pick to take Young off their hands? Young is a back up big at best who needs to get back to his strengths.

If they would take Calderon and give up a future first or 2/3 2nd rd picks they I wouldn't mind him because NY could always cut/stretch him.

F500ONE

1/30/2015  7:47 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:will they give NY a 1st round pick to take Young off their hands? Young is a back up big at best who needs to get back to his strengths.

If they would take Calderon and give up a future first or 2/3 2nd rd picks they I wouldn't mind him because NY could always cut/stretch him.

They wouldn't do that because they're taking on the additional salary

We'd probably have to give up the pick because we're also getting the better player

yellowboy90

1/30/2015  8:00 PM
Well no deal then. Philly had a hard time getting anything for him and now Minny will try their hand after he had his worst year.
F500ONE

1/30/2015  8:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/30/2015  10:02 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:Well no deal then. Philly had a hard time getting anything for him and now Minny will try their hand after he had his worst year.

Philly got Luc Richard and Alexy Shved

That's probably 2 2nd round pick value

Alexy Shved was traded for

Houston's 2015 2nd round pick, Ronny Ruriaf, and rights to a foreign prospect

2 2nd round picks probably buy you into the first round

You might want to review value in this league and look at some past draft day trades

yellowboy90

1/30/2015  9:35 PM
F500ONE wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Well no deal then. Philly had a hard time getting anything for him and now Minny will try their hand after he had his worst year.

Alaexy Shved was traded for

You might want to review value in this league and look at some past draft day trades

Yes, and they started out wanting a first for him. SO you think they are going to get more value than two crappy players after an even worse year?

RonRon
Member: #246
1/30/2015  11:14 PM
I would have to guess one of the below

1st rounder
2 2nd rounders
or absorb some of their contracts in Martin, Budinger, and Pekovic (thought he they might want a 1st rounder for him but with his health concers and their development in Dieng they just might do it)

*note* Thad Young has a player option along with Jeff Green, both players would be looking for similar payouts if they do opt out...
Supposingly they were looking for a 1st rounder or pick for Mo Williams, so I really do not know despite his great play and Rubio's return soon...

We do have a 2019 2nd rounder acquired for JR Smith and Iman Shumpert along with a few trade exemptions, though I would actually want to do a deal to bring in picks not to give out....

If we strike out on FA's this summer, should we even consider taking any of these contracts?

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/31/2015  1:01 AM
RonRon wrote:I would have to guess one of the below

1st rounder
2 2nd rounders
or absorb some of their contracts in Martin, Budinger, and Pekovic (thought he they might want a 1st rounder for him but with his health concers and their development in Dieng they just might do it)

*note* Thad Young has a player option along with Jeff Green, both players would be looking for similar payouts if they do opt out...
Supposingly they were looking for a 1st rounder or pick for Mo Williams, so I really do not know despite his great play and Rubio's return soon...

We do have a 2019 2nd rounder acquired for JR Smith and Iman Shumpert along with a few trade exemptions, though I would actually want to do a deal to bring in picks not to give out....

If we strike out on FA's this summer, should we even consider taking any of these contracts?

I don't think the Knicks strike out in free agency with all of the cap space they have. However, if they do I don't think Phil signs or trades for a guy if he doesn't see him as a fit.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/31/2015  10:50 AM
No thanks, he seems to have no impact on wins at all.
H1AND1
Member: #5648

1/31/2015  11:00 AM
F500ONE wrote:

MINN also gave Philly a 1st rounder! The Heats 2015 1st which may be a lotto pick!

H1AND1

1/31/2015  11:01 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:will they give NY a 1st round pick to take Young off their hands? Young is a back up big at best who needs to get back to his strengths.

MINN gave up a 1st FOR Young! It's Miami's pick that they got in another deal I forget which. But I doubt they turn around and give up another to dump him. But hey, they aren't the smartest franchise maybe im wrong! Lol.

H1AND1

1/31/2015  2:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/31/2015  2:14 PM
F500ONE wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

MINN also gave Philly a 1st rounder! The Heats 2015 1st which may be a lotto pick!

No Cleveland gave up the 1st to Minnesota, not Minnesota

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/love-three-team-trade

I presented the proper value in trade example given

Whether you guys agree with it or not

Why so defensive dude? I didn't chime in just to prove you wrong. My point was that it's doubtful Minny gives up a fist just to dump Young (as someone mentioned up thread) when they specifically wanted Young at the beginning of the season. Minny had been after him for a while and while the pick involved technically came from Cleveland, the Sixers came into the fold at the behest of Minnesota. Minnesota couldve kept the Heat 1st rounder if they wanted it. Commentators at the time were roasting Minnesota for giving up the pick for Young when he is more of a piece a win now team would want and Minny was clearly rebuilding.

F500ONE

1/31/2015  2:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/31/2015  2:17 PM
H1AND1 wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

Why so defensive dude? I didn't chime in just to prove you wrong. My point was that it's doubtful Minny gives up a fist just to dump Young (as someone mentioned up thread) when they specifically wanted Young at the beginning of the season. Minny had been after him for a while and while the pick involved technically came from Cleveland, the Sixers came into the fold at the behest of Minnesota.

I was wrong and edited the post, you are correct about the 1st going out

I only looked at an NBA.com source and not Wojo's source on trade[should have known better ]

H1AND1

1/31/2015  2:18 PM
F500ONE wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

Why so defensive dude? I didn't chime in just to prove you wrong. My point was that it's doubtful Minny gives up a fist just to dump Young (as someone mentioned up thread) when they specifically wanted Young at the beginning of the season. Minny had been after him for a while and while the pick involved technically came from Cleveland, the Sixers came into the fold at the behest of Minnesota.

I only looked at an NBA.com source and not Wojo's source on trade[should have known better ]

Ah, ok! Yeah I remember people wondering WTF MINN was doing.

F500ONE

1/31/2015  2:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/31/2015  2:48 PM
H1AND1 wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

While Philly took on a couple thousand extra[this season only] and injured players probably

Not enough to give up a 1st especially since Thad has an extra yr to opt in on

Although you could argue Thad was the better player sans Wiggins

In the whole 2-way trade, usually extra salary taken on results in picks being surrendered

Not the other way around

F500ONE

1/31/2015  2:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/31/2015  2:50 PM
H1AND1 wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

Yeah even the link I dropped I read it wrong

It states it there too I ran the information as one lump

But referencing Wojo's tweet back in August broke it down a little more clear

Minnesota acquired a pick from Cleveland[Heat's] and rerouted it to Philly

Still a good deal because if you take out Luc-Turiaf-Shved's value[salary]

You can also say they traded a low 1st for Thad and $6.3mil TPE[expires in August and they'll probably be over the cap]

Nevertheless I was wrong and readily admit it

I'm anchoring a 1st[2018 which should be low if Phil does his job] to Calderon

To clear room for Durant[long shot]or anyone else come summer of 2016

H1AND1

1/31/2015  2:46 PM
F500ONE wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

Still a good deal because if you take out Luc-Turiaf-Shved's value

You can also say they traded a low 1st for Thad and $6.3mil TPE[expires in August and they'll probably be over the cap]

Yeah I wasn't trying to harp on you making a mistake or anything, it happens to everyone. I also remember Philly wanted Mbah a Moute cause he is Embiid's mentor or he has some kind of older brother type relationship going way back as they are from the same country.

Was Schved's contract guaranteed in 2015? Either way Philly again managed to steal a 2nd for him as he has been disappointing. Philly really rakes in the picks, jeez.

F500ONE

1/31/2015  2:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/31/2015  2:52 PM
H1AND1 wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

Still a good deal because if you take out Luc-Turiaf-Shved's value

Yeah I wasn't trying to harp on you making a mistake or anything, it happens to everyone. I also remember Philly wanted Mbah a Moute cause he is Embiid's mentor or he has some kind of older brother type relationship going way back as they are from the same country.

Was Schved's contract guaranteed in 2015? Either way Philly again managed to steal a 2nd for him as he has been disappointing. Philly really rakes in the picks, jeez.

Yeah and I've posted Sam Hinkie's work on here this past winter

And said this is exactly the approach Phil should have taken

He or Danny Ainge's approach would have been nice

Shved is a RFA this summer for 2015

I wonder what Minny is asking for Thad Young

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy