Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
6/17/2004  3:44 AM
http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/17460.htm

ISIAH'S DRAFT PLAN OK WITH HOUSTON

By MARC BERMAN

June 17, 2004 -- Bill Strickland, agent for Allan Houston, said the Knicks' rehabbing guard does not feel dissed by team prez Isiah Thomas for leaving him unprotected in Tuesday's expansion draft.
The expansion Bobcats are not expected to pick Houston because they'd have a tough time fitting his $17 million wage under their downsized salary cap, which is 75 percent of the rest of the league.

"I thought Isiah handled it in a classy way," Strickland told The Post. "We were made aware of it and what his thinking is. Allan was fine and understanding why. He called ahead of time, explained the situation, showed a great deal of respect to Allan, who had a chance to chat with him directly."

Isiah wanted to protect Othella Harrington and Dikembe Mutombo because both are in the final years of their contracts, appealing to Charlotte, plus they have trade value. The Post has learned Isiah has spoken to Bobcats prez Ed Tapscott about trading Harrington, who wants out, for a potential player the Bobcats may select in the draft.

As for Houston's progress with his knee rehab, Strickland said, "He felt confident how he was rehabbing and the fact he was making progress. I want to see him healthy, then I'll worry about if he's elite or not. I just would like to see him healthy. Knowing how hard he works, I know if he's healthy, he'll be a significant player."

Copyright 2003 NYP Holdings, Inc.
AUTOADVERT
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
6/17/2004  6:19 AM
Posted by Rich:

Isiah wanted to protect Othella Harrington and Dikembe Mutombo because both are in the final years of their contracts, appealing to Charlotte, plus they have trade value. The Post has learned Isiah has spoken to Bobcats prez Ed Tapscott about trading Harrington, who wants out, for a potential player the Bobcats may select in the draft.

that is pretty interesting. take your pick.

Thx rich.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
6/17/2004  9:10 AM
I'd love to somehow get Qyntel Woods from this. There's a shortage of quality PF's in the expansion draft, and a ton of quality SF/SG's. The Bobcats will already have guys like G. Wallace, Pavlovic, perhaps Deshawn Stevenson in the fold. I'd love to get Woods or maybe one of those guys for OH and a possibly our 2nd rounder...though that probably wouldnt get it done.
Houston OK With Being Unprotected in the Expansion Draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy