[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Official 2015 NBA Knick Draft Thread....
Author Thread
FistOfOakley
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3075

2/9/2015  7:40 PM
ok4 got obliterated...
AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

2/9/2015  7:52 PM
Ok4 with a very dead half
so here is what phil is thinking ....
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/9/2015  8:14 PM
I don't like how he has not been fighting hard to get over being fronted but it is hard to be a college low post scorer because guards and wings do not know how to get you the ball.

Okafor is starting to get going.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/9/2015  8:39 PM
I keep peeking in on the Duke game and I see Okafor fighting this half on the blks and rebounding a lot better. He is even looking good defensively although he did have a miscue hear and there but FSU couldn't capitalize.
FistOfOakley

2/9/2015  8:42 PM
he's been opportunistic... he's been shutdown in the post by ojo who is a literal beast...

defense is still pretty meh... fsu had a sequence of 3 straight dunks or layups right in front of him earlier...

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

2/9/2015  9:06 PM
DUke havent really been playing through him, theyve just been trying to create driving lines for people like Winslow to get in. Okafor has been bad defensively throughout.
The Future is Bright!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/9/2015  10:51 PM
Jahill Okafor is a 4 in this league. The more I think of what the Knicks truly need I go to PG. Russell can control the game from 26 feet--he can make players better. What Okafor can do is score 20-24 points grab 8 rebounds and drag in the defense. But he's limited on the other end and will be a liability on mobile 3s unless we have a 4-5 who can guard outside.
RIP Crushalot😞
FistOfOakley

2/9/2015  11:00 PM
ok4 is going to need to work on his conditioning and defense first and foremost.. he's not hopeless but it's pretty alarming...

he's a center though... no way he can be a 4 in the modern nba...

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/9/2015  11:29 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Jahill Okafor is a 4 in this league. The more I think of what the Knicks truly need I go to PG. Russell can control the game from 26 feet--he can make players better. What Okafor can do is score 20-24 points grab 8 rebounds and drag in the defense. But he's limited on the other end and will be a liability on mobile 3s unless we have a 4-5 who can guard outside.

I am steering more towards Russell too. You still can't pass okafor at #1 but seeing how we have at best a 25% chance, I'm just as content at number 2 or 3.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/10/2015  1:31 AM
So OK4 is not the next Duncan/Malone?
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/10/2015  10:24 AM
gunsnewing wrote:So OK4 is not the next Duncan/Malone?

He's a slightly bigger version of Al Jefferson. And there's nothing wrong with that. That's an automatic 20/10 possible all-star.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/10/2015  11:16 AM
Knixkik wrote:

He's a slightly bigger version of Al Jefferson. And there's nothing wrong with that. That's an automatic 20/10 possible all-star.

What about the defensive end? You ok with him and Melo defending the paint?

H1AND1
Member: #5648

2/10/2015  12:03 PM
I want Russell. I think he's a sure thing. Maybe Im crazy but it seems most of the time when teams take the big men with upside the teams who took the sure thing come out ahead.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

2/10/2015  1:05 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

What about the defensive end? You ok with him and Melo defending the paint?

This is what I would be scared of. If Anthony has to move to PF because of mobility issues, he and OK4 are not going to get the job done defending in the paint, and we will have to depend on someone else to do the dirty work on the boards... which means you would need a SF with more height and rebounding ability, or some guards who can each average 5+ RPG.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

2/10/2015  1:08 PM
H1AND1 wrote:I want Russell. I think he's a sure thing. Maybe Im crazy but it seems most of the time when teams take the big men with upside the teams who took the sure thing come out ahead.

I would agree and say that the biggest busts have been the biggest players, physically, but I am not sure about this without looking at a history of the draft.

They seem to be the ones who stick out, though.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/10/2015  2:35 PM
Just looking at some numbers Tim Duncan he was 246 pounds coming into the NBA at 6-11. Maybe it really would be in Jahill Okafor's best interest to move back to lets say 258- 260 from 273? I think it would help him immensely in terms of defense and rebounding. At 260 he would still be an over powering 4 but I think he would get more out of his game(with his 7-5 wingspan) if he had more mobility and explosion from being 15 pounds lighter
RIP Crushalot😞
FistOfOakley

2/10/2015  2:43 PM
he already lost about 20-30lbs coming into this year... i think 270 is good for him since that's where his whole advantage comes from on offense... if he's just another low post center he loses alot of what makes him a good prospect... maybe lose a bit of the baby fat for muscle might do him good...
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/10/2015  3:07 PM
I want the Youtube versions of any of these guys. They never miss!!!
Swishfm3
Member: #392
2/10/2015  10:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/10/2015  11:00 PM
Nalod wrote:I want the Youtube versions of any of these guys. They never miss!!!

lol

I'm going to tell my mom to send me old VHS tapes of my HS games. Pull all the highlights and upload it to youtube and see if I can make some of these mock draft boards.

FistOfOakley

2/11/2015  1:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/11/2015  1:52 AM
Here's my top 15-17 at this moment.. it's going to look a lot different from most popular boards since I give more weight to certain numbers much like Ed Weiland does at Hoopsanalyst.com... who btw does great work on the draft... he was the guy who called Jeremy Lin but also lots of others that scouts have missed and called numerous busts... he weights certain numbers like 2p fg%, FTr and assists+steals+blocks along with some others to give you an idea... i put my own adjustments in and my own spin but i use his lists as inspiration...

It's a very good draft with about 15 solid rotation guys but probably not the 15 everyone thinks... most if not all these guys are ready to contribute right now... to give you an idea, if you put marcus smart in this draft he'd have a tough time distinguishing himself...

The All-Around Great Prospects
1 Karl Anthony Towns - Best all around big man prospect... projectable offense who is also playing at a high level.. and by all accounts a great defender... needs to up his 2p shooting% to cement his shakey hold on #1 from....
2 DeAngelo Russell - In any another year without a great center prospect he should go #1... very smooth... FTr is not elite and he'll probably need to be more aggressive at the next level getting to the basket.. but best SG prospect since Harden.
3 Jahlil Okafor - Right now the defensive question marks keeps him behind the other two since he plays the most important defensive position.. still the dominant offense keeps him as an elite prospect..

Upside vs Production
4 Delon Wright - Doesn't quite get the respect he deserves... highly productive across the board against tough competition... not an elite athlete but very intelligent ballplayer.. will be 23 and there are questions about his 3pt shot and overall athleticism but a strong FT% and an improvement in 3pt% from last year means he will be satisfactory there sooner rather than later...
5 Emmanuel Mudiay - Wright and Mudiay are essentially equal with Mudiay more projectable than productive since not much is known.. what is known is that he's a poor shooter(3p% and FT%) so he'll have to work on that.. he has the athleticism and the ball skills and the stats in China point to a decent pg prospect so he's here based on that... if he was really coasting like brandon jennings did in his stint overseas then he might be considerably higher..

The Solid Producers
6 Jakob Poetl - He is probably not coming out but if he did he'd be here... he's a bit like Alex Len but a better chance at being a good defender.. Utah is currently #6 in the nation on defense and he's a big reason why...
7 Bobby Portis - Solid all around prospect at the 4 and can fit into a number of modern screen and roll offenses while holding his own on defense...
8 Kris Dunn - First couple of seasons marred by injury but looks like the player he should've been coming out of HS... great athlete who can hang at the next level..
9 Stanley Johnson - I've cooled on him a bit since there are so many great prospects at premium positions and he has some question marks about his playmaking ability(assist/to) that limits his upside... he's not quite artest but might be more shooting/less defense version of him...
10 Rakeem Christmas - Admittedly seen very little of him this year but finally producing at a high level... seniors who turn it on their final year are historically a bit risky however and he fits the bill since there was no indication of him being this good offensively... a power forward who can defend the weak side who can contribute offensively is a valuable thing tho...

The Risky Centers
11 Willie-Cauley Stein - He is a bit of an enigma given the Kentucky situation.. Two previous seasons saw a mediocre defensive team with him manning the middle and he's limited to dunking oops on offense and that's it... so there's real bust potential here also given that he doesn't seem too committed to the game... still... good big men have always been gambled on in this area... you either get a frederick weis or an andre drummond...
12 Myles Turner - First thing that jumps out when you see him is that he is the typical big man with loads of talent that has a low bball iq.. think a bigger eddie griffin... he's a center who prefers the perimeter without the quickness to survive out there... he has good size and he can shoot but is just not that good of a shooter yet.. still he blocks a lot of shots and young enough where something could be salvaged of him...

The Good Role Players
13 Jerian Grant - Another solid pg prospect... what's worrisome is this is his first year with a 2p% over 50% whereas the previous two years he wasn't close.. also a very odd declining ft% for a guy who shoots a ton of ft's... great size and good ballhandler and solid shooter and if he can keep it up he might be in the top 10...
14 Justise Winslow - He's a much better prospect as a SG than SF as he has better size for that position... Good spot up shooter... wes matthews is a good comp for him..
15 Terry Rozier - Undersized guard but he has the athleticism to hang in the pro's with outstanding rebounding numbers for a guard with decent shooting and playmaking ability... question that limits him is, can you start him or is he a sixth man type? he's sort of a souped up lou williams and i think he'll have that type of career..

Interesting Role players
16 Frank Kaminsky - I don't think you could ever start him and be a winner since he is a liability on defense but a stretch center type can fulfill a role coming off the bench and be a weapon...
17 Jordan Mickey - Has numbers much like Christmas has now but more questions about his offense since he is a tad short for the PF position.. but if he could ever develop a 3pt shot like he's tried in the beginning of the year then he all of a sudden becomes very valuable...
18 Porzingis - Everyone says he's a PF but the numbers scream SF... He's got a lot of Danilo Galinari in his game without the feistiness... he'll need to toughen up once he gets into the league to fulfill any kind of promise ... right now he's a stretch 4 type off the bench due to low rebounding numbers that i doubt he will improve upon...
19 Cameron Payne - Not a name everyone knows since he's from Murray State.. but someone to keep an eye on..

Busts
Kelly Oubre - will need to return for a sophomore year as he's shown very little to be a reliable 1st rd draft pick.. huge risk for anyone who picks him.
Devin Booker - he's the prototypical shooter that usually fails at the next level due to not having enough athleticism.. low steals/blocks/rebounding numbers all point to that...
The Harrisons - just bad...

Official 2015 NBA Knick Draft Thread....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy