[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Official 2015 NBA Knick Draft Thread....
Author Thread
DJMUSIC
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1283

6/26/2015  12:08 AM
holfresh wrote:

Well said !
Agree

4th pick = Darko v1.0 OR F.Weis v1.5, also Shawn Bradley v2.0

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/26/2015  1:20 AM
DJMUSIC wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Well said !
Agree

The guys he has been compared to are Bargs, Pau and KD. Not a bad list.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/26/2015  9:01 AM
DJMUSIC wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Well said !
Agree

You went weis? Really? What about Ralph Sampson?
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

6/26/2015  4:06 PM
I did not like the Knicks' pick from last night, but must admit that beyond the top 3, everyone else came with major question marks. I just thought the player with the highest upside was Mudiay, and felt that Kristaps had never shown to play enough authority to project as a star in this league. Can't understand the point in drafting the new Bargnani when you have the real one on your team who has not worked out.
But now that Kristaps is on our team, he is one of us, and I wish him nothing but the best, and I will root for him. In a way, it is better that he is coming into so much suspicion and negativity. Perhaps, it will put a chip on his shoulder to prove all the naysayers wrong and excel in spite of them. At least, no one thinks of him as some kind of a savior of the franchise, so he has a chance to develop his own identity at his own pace. Remember how we all hated it when Oak was traded for the slender willowy "soft" Camby, and how we grew to love the Cambyman? Well, I think Kristaps, if he works hard and plays his ass off, can become a Camby with a good jump shot, and win a way into our hearts. And that won't be bad at all!

So, from here on: Go Knicks! and Go Kristaps!

CrushAlot
USA
6/26/2015  4:57 PM
29. Atlanta Hawks: If the Hawks weren't trying to save money, their trade of the No. 15 pick for Tim Hardaway Jr. would be one dumb move. Well, it's still dumb. Then they drafted two unknown foreign players — Spain's Marcus Eriksson (No. 50) and Greece's Dimitrios Agravanis (No. 59). Grade: F

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/draft/2015/06/26/nba-draft-grades-heat-nuggets-timberwolves-lakers/29308641/
CrushAlot
USA
6/26/2015  5:01 PM
New York Knicks

Selections: Kristaps Porzingis (No. 4), Jerian Grant (No. 19), Guillermo Hernangomez (No. 35)

Departures: Tim Hardaway Jr., two future second round picks

I (gasp) like this draft a lot for the Knicks. They decided to select a high-upside guy in Porzingis, and this is an organization that really needed to swing for the fences. Porzingis should have no issues adjusting to American life, even in New York, and if the team can fill some spots around him he'll be a good building block there. The key will be helping him fill out his frame and fostering his ability to think the game a bit better. If the Knicks do those things, he'll very much have a chance of reaching his vast potential.

The Knicks then somehow found a taker for Tim Hardaway Jr., which was surprising to me. They moved him to Atlanta for the No. 19 pick, where they took Notre Dame point guard Jerian Grant. Grant isn't the most perfect fit in the triangle, given that he played in a wide open, spread offense in college, and he can't really shoot consistently quite yet. But he represents a value pick and he'll immediately increase the professionalism of your organization, so if they're willing to diverge from that system, I like it. Finally, the Knicks then dealt two future second rounders to Philadelphia to get Willy Hernangomez, a teammte of Porzingis' in Seville. He's a monster inside, almost impossible for ACB players to move off the block when he establishes position now. His PER in the ACB was over 20 this season, one of the few 20-year-olds to ever accomplish that in the league. Maybe he works out, maybe he doesn't. But regardless, it can't hurt to have one of Porzingis friends on the team in a couple of years, right?

Draft Grade: B+

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25225549/nba-draft-grades-wolves-heat-excel-hawks-not-so-much
Official 2015 NBA Knick Draft Thread....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy