[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Official 2015 NBA Knick Draft Thread....
Author Thread
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

6/4/2015  11:30 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
TPercy wrote:Have you guys seen Towns workout video? His handles, athleticism, and 3pt shooting were off the charts. Litterally felt like crying after I watched it and relaized we were not going to draft him.

would you like to send flowers to derek fisher's office? i can try to get the room he sits in at MSG.

I need a room with someone who is inventing time travel, so that I can go back in time to stop the Knicks for winning.

The Future is Bright!
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/5/2015  9:32 AM
The emotional outpour is pretty intense on the UK.
Briggs is hyperThreading and Knicks1969 "can't wait"!

Arguing about who is taller via picture of either Towns/Okafor.

Its actually pretty easy who to take:

1. You take the best player available after Minny, La and Philly pick.
2. YOu have Needs at every position so you take the best player. A 3 can play the 2 if melo is not playing PF.
3. Phil, Fish, Warkentein, Gaines JR and John Gabriel along with Jim Cleamons and Rambis will all chime in. Not Briggs, Not HolFresh or Nalod.
4. Don't need 100 threads asking "Who decides", and "Tell me why"????
5. We are not pro scouts. Phil knows talent. 11 rings as coach, he knows talent. If you think so, then you lack talent.
6. There are many mocks out there. Someone will get it right. Usually there are few suprises which lead to disappointment.

This is easy.

What you hope and what is real is not always inline.

I hope Russell blows people away and he goes one or two. I then hope Philly has it bad for Mundiay.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/5/2015  10:30 AM
Here's a video comparing Mudiay with Russell. I disagree with the final assessment, but it does pose some interesting questions about Russell's ability to thrive in the paint.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
mreinman
Member: #3189

6/5/2015  10:43 AM
he lost me at the russell -> reggie jackson comparison
so here is what phil is thinking ....
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/5/2015  12:23 PM
mreinman wrote:he lost me at the russell -> reggie jackson comparison

He was just making the point that college three point success doesn't necessarily translate at the pros. My biggest concern is Russell's ability to create at the rim. Mudiay has the strength and lift to finish at ease. Russell is going to have to develop a floater because he doesn't have Mudiay's explosion at the rim.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
mreinman
Member: #3189

6/5/2015  1:13 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
mreinman wrote:he lost me at the russell -> reggie jackson comparison

He was just making the point that college three point success doesn't necessarily translate at the pros. My biggest concern is Russell's ability to create at the rim. Mudiay has the strength and lift to finish at ease. Russell is going to have to develop a floater because he doesn't have Mudiay's explosion at the rim.

I know but it was a weak comparison.

If he said that about Winslows 42% from 3 then it would have been a better comparison.

Russells jumper is sweet as sugar.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/5/2015  2:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/9/2015  6:27 PM
Top guys for position #4

not including Towns

1.Okafor
2 Kaminsky
3 Russell
4 Hezonga
5 Porzinigis

Top guys under 20-31

1.Jordan Mickey
2 Danilo Fuzaro
3 Joseph Young
4 Justin Andersen
5 Christian Wood

Top guys 32 and over
1. J P Tokoto
2 Rakeem Christmas
3 Norman Powell
4 Josh Richardson
5.Pat Connughton

RIP Crushalot😞
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/5/2015  2:34 PM
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
6/5/2015  3:22 PM
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/5/2015  3:26 PM
So, just to summarize, the current draft picks worst-case-scanrio fears are:

Porzingis: Bargs
WCS: Flu Tyson
Mudiay: Shumpert

blkexec
Member: #748
6/5/2015  3:55 PM
smackeddog wrote:So, just to summarize, the current draft picks worst-case-scanrio fears are:

Thats why you trade down for this guy.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
6/5/2015  4:01 PM
blkexec wrote:
smackeddog wrote:So, just to summarize, the current draft picks worst-case-scanrio fears are:

Thats why you trade down for this guy.

I love Jerian Grant's game. Hey, he's Horace Grant's nephew, right? Maybe Phil shows him some love.

Would have no problems drafting this kid if the right trade down opportunity game along. I think he'll be somewhere in between Jrue Holiday and Jeff Teague in terms of effectiveness. So, a very good guard.

¿ △ ?
wargames
Member: #6053

6/5/2015  4:54 PM

The biggest knock against Mudiay has been that outside shooting but he is looking real good at it in this video

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/5/2015  5:22 PM
wargames wrote:

The biggest knock against Mudiay has been that outside shooting but he is looking real good at it in this video

Great camera angle to look at mechanics and release.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/5/2015  5:36 PM
^^^Nice to see more film on him. I remember reading a Spurs scout said that Mudiay's shot would be fine I think this draft has a big four. It will be interesting to see who is available when the Knicks pick. I think Stein is a reach at 4.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
WaltLongmire

6/5/2015  5:49 PM

The Shumpert comparison is a reach because Shump does not have the PG skill Mudiay has shown and is known for at this early stage in his life. The shooting comparison is interesting, but Shumpert has always had a strange stroke, to me. Mudiay seems to be smoother, but he still has to make the shots when they count.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/5/2015  6:02 PM
wargames wrote:

yes but see.... no defenders on him n running too slow... not like in an in-game screen set for him.
even shumpert hit these in practice

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

6/5/2015  6:09 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:

The Shumpert comparison is a reach because Shump does not have the PG skill Mudiay has shown and is known for at this early stage in his life. The shooting comparison is interesting, but Shumpert has always had a strange stroke, to me. Mudiay seems to be smoother, but he still has to make the shots when they count.

I was actually thinking Shumpert when I looked at him too and not because of the hair. Shumpert mechanics were very similar and he has worked on improving them similar to what Mudiay is doing now.

Also, Mudiay athleticism is Shumpert level and not John Wall or Westbrook level. That's not bad at all, Shump could get up the court he just would struggle attempting an awkward euro-step or mishandle the ball. Where Mudiay separates himself is passing and maybe IQ.

I think the question is if Iman was an actual point guard, not a two, was a good passer and could finish at the rim what kind of player would he be? Is that type of player a lottery pick? Bare in mind that Shump was a fringe Lottery pick who only got picked up in the 1st because of a hot shooting work out. He could have easily been a second rounder.

WaltLongmire

6/5/2015  8:28 PM
Hahn continues to say that the Lakers and Knicks are getting a lot of calls asking them what they are doing, or might do with their picks.

Hahn says the deals would all give them a pick back in this draft, but from what he's heard we are keeping the pick.

Also talking about Mudiay maybe having an entourage issue, and that is something they are really going to talk to him about. Have not heard about this, but that would be troubling for me- NYC is quicksand for someone like that, as we know from J.R. Smith. It's probably the reason that I would not want Lance Stephenson, even though he can do a lot as a player.

FistOfOakley
Member: #3075

6/5/2015  9:24 PM
short of us getting a truckload of draft picks.. i would be severely disappointed with any trade...
Official 2015 NBA Knick Draft Thread....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy