[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Official 2015 NBA Knick Draft Thread....
Author Thread
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

5/30/2015  12:47 PM
blkexec wrote:http://hoopshype.com/draft_2015.htm

May 19, 2015 Mock

1. Towns

2. Okafor

3. Mudiay
An elite level PG with the dynamic talent to to be in the category of PGs such as Derrick Rose, John Wall and Damian Lillard. He has a terrific feel for the game, and will just need to learn to become more composed with his decision-making and shot selection. His decision to bypass college and play in China where very few scouts and GMs saw him adds an unfamiliarity that will be tough to overcome. Teams have a much smaller sample size to work with, and that could ultimately make him slide (to 4 or 5) and become the steal of the draft. Dante Exum was an even greater unknown going into last year's draft, but that leap of faith appears to be working out for Utah, which helps Mudiay's cause. He stood out in the showcase events that scouts were allowed to attend at the end of his high school career. And many viewed him, us included, as the top prospect in the class. Although he missed a good portion of the season in China due to an ankle injury, when he did play he was impressive. Some aspects of his skill set are nearly impossible to discern from his games there, including defense, but he has good defensive ability and potential. What makes him such an intriguing prospect is his fiery and competitive nature. Mudiay has great confidence, communicates well and loves to compete. Comparison John Wall.

4. Russell - NYK
Russell was the most productive and exciting freshman in the country. His feel for the game and readiness is extremely advanced. He generally doesn't blow by opponents off the dribble with sheer speed, though at times he did, but his craftiness to rock opponents off balance to create space is very good. He's proven to be an excellent three-point shooter, showing the ability to get shots off very quickly as well. While he's not an elite athlete, his excellent length and potential to play either guard position gives him a great deal of intrigue. He'll need to focus more attention on his defensive intensity. With Stephen Curry taking the world by storm in his MVP level season, players with less athleticism like Russell receive a boost. Twitter: Comparison: Position Ranking: Salary: Twitter: @Dloading Comparison: Brandon Roy

5. Porzingis - Orl
Comparison: Andrea Bargnani

6. Winslow - SAC
Comparison: James Harden

7. Stanley Johnson - DEN
Comparison: Kawhi Leonard

WCS is at 11
Kaminsky is at 17

They might use DraftNet for their stuff.

Some of the comparisons are strange, IMO.

They mention that Russell has less athleticism, but compare him to Roy? Liked Roy a lot, and he could pass the ball, but don't think he was an orchestrator like Russell might be.

Winslow=Harden? Yeah, both lefties, but Harden is much more polished going to the basket and has a better shot and all around offensive ability. And what about the beard!

Johnson/Leonard- not sure Johnson is as good man to man, but this would be an interesting one to look at again at some point.

Porzingis/Bargs- yeah, two big Euro white guys. Bargs was 21 when he came up, Porzingis will be 19. Porzingis is a better pure shooter from deep, and is probably a better help defender. Bargs might be a better passer. Porzingis is too young at this point- still has a lot of growth in his body and his game.

Wall/Mudiay is interesting- I have simply not seen enough of Mudiay.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
AUTOADVERT
wargames
Member: #6053

5/30/2015  4:47 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/isola-trey-lyles-kentucky-big-man-knicks-draft-article-1.2241220?utm_content=buffer4c43f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDNSports+Twitter

more rumors pointing to the knicks trading down they apparently like trey lyles who is a end of the lottery prospect.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/30/2015  5:34 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
blkexec wrote:http://hoopshype.com/draft_2015.htm

May 19, 2015 Mock

1. Towns

2. Okafor

3. Mudiay
An elite level PG with the dynamic talent to to be in the category of PGs such as Derrick Rose, John Wall and Damian Lillard. He has a terrific feel for the game, and will just need to learn to become more composed with his decision-making and shot selection. His decision to bypass college and play in China where very few scouts and GMs saw him adds an unfamiliarity that will be tough to overcome. Teams have a much smaller sample size to work with, and that could ultimately make him slide (to 4 or 5) and become the steal of the draft. Dante Exum was an even greater unknown going into last year's draft, but that leap of faith appears to be working out for Utah, which helps Mudiay's cause. He stood out in the showcase events that scouts were allowed to attend at the end of his high school career. And many viewed him, us included, as the top prospect in the class. Although he missed a good portion of the season in China due to an ankle injury, when he did play he was impressive. Some aspects of his skill set are nearly impossible to discern from his games there, including defense, but he has good defensive ability and potential. What makes him such an intriguing prospect is his fiery and competitive nature. Mudiay has great confidence, communicates well and loves to compete. Comparison John Wall.

4. Russell - NYK
Russell was the most productive and exciting freshman in the country. His feel for the game and readiness is extremely advanced. He generally doesn't blow by opponents off the dribble with sheer speed, though at times he did, but his craftiness to rock opponents off balance to create space is very good. He's proven to be an excellent three-point shooter, showing the ability to get shots off very quickly as well. While he's not an elite athlete, his excellent length and potential to play either guard position gives him a great deal of intrigue. He'll need to focus more attention on his defensive intensity. With Stephen Curry taking the world by storm in his MVP level season, players with less athleticism like Russell receive a boost. Twitter: Comparison: Position Ranking: Salary: Twitter: @Dloading Comparison: Brandon Roy

5. Porzingis - Orl
Comparison: Andrea Bargnani

6. Winslow - SAC
Comparison: James Harden

7. Stanley Johnson - DEN
Comparison: Kawhi Leonard

WCS is at 11
Kaminsky is at 17

They might use DraftNet for their stuff.

Some of the comparisons are strange, IMO.

They mention that Russell has less athleticism, but compare him to Roy? Liked Roy a lot, and he could pass the ball, but don't think he was an orchestrator like Russell might be.

Winslow=Harden? Yeah, both lefties, but Harden is much more polished going to the basket and has a better shot and all around offensive ability. And what about the beard!

Johnson/Leonard- not sure Johnson is as good man to man, but this would be an interesting one to look at again at some point.

Porzingis/Bargs- yeah, two big Euro white guys. Bargs was 21 when he came up, Porzingis will be 19. Porzingis is a better pure shooter from deep, and is probably a better help defender. Bargs might be a better passer. Porzingis is too young at this point- still has a lot of growth in his body and his game.

Wall/Mudiay is interesting- I have simply not seen enough of Mudiay.

I think you are right about them using draftnet for their comparisons. Remember in the early days of draftnet their comparisons were based on similar looks.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
5/30/2015  5:50 PM
Isola is talking about the Knicks taking Lyles. Lyles is ahead of Stein on draftnet's newest mock but 4 still seems high.
wargames

5/30/2015  6:54 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Nalod wrote:
VCoug wrote:Good article on Knickerblogger about Porzingis: http://knickerblogger.net/what-if-with-the-4th-pick-the-knicks-draft-kristaps-porzingis/

Sums up my feelings much better than I can. Strong stay away for me.

Good article? It was just a mans opinion and not based on much besides entertainment.

It was funny, though.

Did one on Hezonja, too.

Might be Europhobic.

The memory of Freddy Weis runs deep and long for some.

Having Barg cost the knicks their 2016 1st round pick doesn't help.

TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

5/30/2015  7:23 PM
The Knicks have been "enamored" with Kentucky forward Trey Lyles, according to Frank Isola of the New York Daily News.
Isola, a plugged-in writer for years, is citing a team source for this scoop, so it's not something we should dismiss. The Knicks are really in a tough spot because there are a number of possibilities for them at four. We've heard they like Justise Winslow and Emmanuel Mudiay could be an option, too. As for Lyles, the 6'10 big man will likely go in the top 10. Of course, the Knicks would probably want to trade back.

Source: NY Daily News
May 30 - 4:55 PM

FistOfOakley
Member: #3075

5/30/2015  8:17 PM
lyles is so laughably bad i don't think it has any truth to it.... there is just no way.... i could also be in denial...

if lyles, booker or any of the euros gets picked... whether it's a trade down or not... i am done... so done... you finally get a good top 5 pick and you don't even give yourself a chance...

CrushAlot
USA
6/1/2015  9:02 PM
Michael Qualls isn't draftnet's top 60 currently. I think that he goes very early in the second round. Not sure what is up that he would not be ranked.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

6/2/2015  8:12 AM
FistOfOakley wrote:lyles is so laughably bad i don't think it has any truth to it.... there is just no way.... i could also be in denial...

if lyles, booker or any of the euros gets picked... whether it's a trade down or not... i am done... so done... you finally get a good top 5 pick and you don't even give yourself a chance...

This is the knicks we are talking about, they always find a different way to screw up
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/2/2015  10:30 AM
wargames wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Nalod wrote:
VCoug wrote:Good article on Knickerblogger about Porzingis: http://knickerblogger.net/what-if-with-the-4th-pick-the-knicks-draft-kristaps-porzingis/

Sums up my feelings much better than I can. Strong stay away for me.

Good article? It was just a mans opinion and not based on much besides entertainment.

It was funny, though.

Did one on Hezonja, too.

Might be Europhobic.

The memory of Freddy Weis runs deep and long for some.

Having Barg cost the knicks their 2016 1st round pick doesn't help.

Bargs did not trade himself.
Weis did not draft himself.

The memory might run deep but the reality is the decision making process. Weis was a terrible pick made in panic because we had no center.
Every draft has the "shoulda picked......." but Weis was terrible.

In the "gee, don't other teams phuch up" catagory enter the Orlando Magic who in 2005 drafted Fran Vazquez a spanish power forward who was acutally pretty good and at age 32 still plays in europe but he flat out never came. This was the Draft one could have taken David Lee. I think Monta Ellis was taken 40th. It was not a good draft BTW, it was the Andrew Bogut draft.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_NBA_Draft

Im not negative on Lyles as he might have suffered the most from the platoon system and from being on a stacked team. Naturally its a scenario where we move down in the draft.
I trust Phil than Ed Tapscott or who ever decided to get Bargnani. Who is to blame? Dolan? Mills? Grunwald?

Non of the above is in charge of the draft at this time.

helloharv
Member: #4139

6/2/2015  10:36 AM
if we trade back in draft ..... what can we reasonably expect to get in return?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/2/2015  10:42 AM
helloharv wrote:if we trade back in draft ..... what can we reasonably expect to get in return?

Depends on who is calling..... You want two no. 1's back, preferably this year but one for next would not suck, and a veteran player.
The fact we have cap space we can take back a salary which might limit our free agent capacity for this year, but we can demand more in return on any trade scenario.

That we traded our 2016 pick already, this can only be done draft night and it could be based on not just us drafting for another team, but they getting the player(s) we want!

smackeddog
Member: #883
6/2/2015  12:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/2/2015  12:45 PM
helloharv wrote:if we trade back in draft ..... what can we reasonably expect to get in return?

laughed at & ridiculed

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/3/2015  1:03 AM

I think the value from 4 to 10 is close. If we could do something like this

A Knicks gives up pick #4 and Early Receives Picks 7 28 32 and one of the Celtics 2016 number 1's

B Denver gives up pick # 7 Receives pick 16 45 and guard Marcus Smart

C Boston Celtics receive pick #4 Cleanthony Early

RIP Crushalot😞
mreinman
Member: #3189

6/3/2015  10:16 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

A Knicks gives up pick #4 and Early Receives Picks 7 28 32 and one of the Celtics 2016 number 1's

if 4-10 is close why the heck would boston give up so much for the 4?

you think that ainge is stupid?

so here is what phil is thinking ....
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
6/3/2015  10:37 AM
mreinman wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Boston's highest pick is 16 - they want a top ten pick, desperately (to take Willie Cauley Stein, supposedly)

¿ △ ?
wargames

6/3/2015  11:10 AM
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Boston's highest pick is 16 - they want a top ten pick, desperately (to take Willie Cauley Stein, supposedly)

For them to move up from 16 to 4 would probably take their 2 2015 picks and another 2 - 3 future picks (maybe more). That is how large of a jump from outside of the lottery to top 5 is in equivalent value for potential. Boston has enough picks to do it though

wargames

6/3/2015  11:50 PM
http://www.si.com/nba/2015/05/29/nba-draft-karl-anthony-towns-jahlil-okafor-frank-kaminsky-delon-wright

Here's a really good breakdown of the analytics of this years draft. Based on the numbers this draft is a deep draft. Some guys that would go 5 - 10 would be top 3 if they had came out last year.

TPercy
Member: #5748

6/4/2015  9:54 AM
Have you guys seen Towns workout video? His handles, athleticism, and 3pt shooting were off the charts. Litterally felt like crying after I watched it and relaized we were not going to draft him.
The Future is Bright!
Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/4/2015  12:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/4/2015  12:57 PM
TPercy wrote:Have you guys seen Towns workout video? His handles, athleticism, and 3pt shooting were off the charts. Litterally felt like crying after I watched it and relaized we were not going to draft him.

would you like to send flowers to derek fisher's office? i can try to get the room he sits in at MSG.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Official 2015 NBA Knick Draft Thread....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy