[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Official 2015 NBA Knick Draft Thread....
Author Thread
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
5/28/2015  4:42 PM
blkexec wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:Carmelo's style of basketball is not good enough to run a deep playoffs or championship. If you can't play at both ends of the court and are not willing to get in guys face As the main man on that team, you will never go far. Teams will never trade for Carmelo with his loaded contract and two bad knees and shoulders

Unless they already have a vocal leader and a longtime friend in Kobe. Not to mention the relationship between the two GM's. Other than the lakers as a potential trading partner, I would agree with you.

bryant and anthony definitely deserve each other. what a fantastic scenario with both of hem in nyc or LA. break out the popcorn 'cause there surely will be blut und schmerz, an unmitigated disaster.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
AUTOADVERT
wargames
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6053

5/28/2015  7:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/28/2015  7:40 PM
I wonder is there any chance the knicks could move back to the #7 pick and grab either Winslow or WCS in a trade with Denver and get a draft pick back for their trouble? Right now Denver has 3 first round picks in 2016. Their own with the NY swap option along with Memphis and Portland's first round picks too.
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/29/2015  12:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/29/2015  12:33 PM
wargames wrote:I wonder is there any chance the knicks could move back to the #7 pick and grab either Winslow or WCS in a trade with Denver and get a draft pick back for their trouble? Right now Denver has 3 first round picks in 2016. Their own with the NY swap option along with Memphis and Portland's first round picks too.

I would consider doing the same thing but with the target of Kaminsky. The one avenue I can see is Boston.

IF Boston can engage a second team that is higher and really wants pick #4 and was willing to give up reasonable assets to get there I would go for it.

Example

Lets say #4 Russell to Boston
Denver gets pick # 16 and Marcus Smart
Knicks get pick #7 28 32 45 and Brooklyn's 2016 pick
We get Kaminsky Fuzaro (Mickey Wood or Christmas) Connughton(which is a possible set up--I think Id take Mickey at 28 Fuzaro at 32 the way it seems to line up) Connughton may or may not be there at 45 and maybe one pick 32 leaves I can use the 45 and cash to move up a bit.

That gets me the player I wanted I can plug right into my starting 4 slot. I really like Fuzaro he is everything I like in a player from what i can see and I wonder down the line if he is JUST flat out just as good as Mudiay or or Russell)

I walk out of the draft with the player I like best--Kaminsky and a couple of other players I really like and potentially a pick next year.

It would take a lot--Boston would have to really like pick #4

Also I could work directly with Denver IF they could get me a pick around 25 + a future #1 . Two number 1's to move up to 4 in this draft is about fair.

RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/29/2015  12:53 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
wargames wrote:I wonder is there any chance the knicks could move back to the #7 pick and grab either Winslow or WCS in a trade with Denver and get a draft pick back for their trouble? Right now Denver has 3 first round picks in 2016. Their own with the NY swap option along with Memphis and Portland's first round picks too.

I would consider doing the same thing but with the target of Kaminsky. The one avenue I can see is Boston.

IF Boston can engage a second team that is higher and really wants pick #4 and was willing to give up reasonable assets to get there I would go for it.

Example

We get Kaminsky Fuzaro (Mickey Wood or Christmas) Connughton(which is a possible set up--I think Id take Mickey at 28 Fuzaro at 32 the way it seems to line up) Connughton may or may not be there at 45 and maybe one pick 32 leaves I can use the 45 and cash to move up a bit.

That gets me the player I wanted I can plug right into my starting 4 slot. I really like Fuzaro he is everything I like in a player from what i can see and I wonder down the line if he is JUST flat out just as good as Mudiay or or Russell)

I walk out of the draft with the player I like best--Kaminsky and a couple of other players I really like and potentially a pick next year.

Also I could work directly with Denver IF they could get me a pick around 25 + a future #1 . Two number 1's to move up to 4 in this draft is about fair.

Hell of a theory. Good post!
Would you take winslow over Kaminsky if Wislow is there at 7?

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
5/29/2015  1:36 PM
Nalod wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Example

So 4 additional picks for moving down 3 spots? Stranger things have happened, but I wouldn't set my heart on that huge of a return.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/29/2015  3:49 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Example

So 4 additional picks for moving down 3 spots? Stranger things have happened, but I wouldn't set my heart on that huge of a return.

In that case it would be 16 to 4 we trade back to 7. So the Cs cost would be Smart 16 28 32 --if they wanted to.

RIP Crushalot😞
wargames

5/29/2015  9:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/29/2015  10:09 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Example

In that case it would be 16 to 4 we trade back to 7. So the Cs cost would be Smart 16 28 32 --if they wanted to.

Another possible trade theory I've seen on the knicks pick at #4 (mudiay) and then facilitate a trade with the Kings at #6 and the Nuggets at #7. The only reason its worth mentioning is Karl in Sacramento has been rumored to want Ty for the kings to run his offense and a 2 guard who is dynamic at shooting 3's. Its also clear Denver wants a new PG to lead their team and after Russell, Mudiay is the number 2 PG in this draft. Also while the knicks need a starting PG, they need one that can shoot the 3 and preferably is a veteran, but who isn't to old or expensive to be a liability or cap problem.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nmr4864

Knicks get Collison and Picks #6 and #7 (or instead of #7 one of the 3 2016 Denver 1st round Picks)
Nuggets get Mudiay, McClemore, Calderon, and Staukas (though both Mclemore and/or Staukas could come to NY too based on cap)
Sacremento gets Lawson and Hardaway

Nuggets get a young back court with potential to become the West version of Wall and Beal if they develop them right.
Sacremento gets Ty Lawson and Hardway which is what Karl wants. Ty to run the offense and a 2 guard who is great at 3pt shots for spacing.
Knicks get a cheap starting PG on a short deal and 2 picks (or maybe 1 2015 pick and 1 2016 pick)

If the knicks do get two 2015 picks

If the knicks get pick #6 take Winslow or Heznonia
If the knicks get pick #7 take WCS

Trade WCS to Boston for a combination of 2015 and 2016 picks.

Basically the knicks get at least 2 - 3 picks and 1 player (possibly more) for Mudiay at #4. The reason it works for the knicks is honestly beyond position or system fit the knicks just need players. Now while they missed out on a definite star all those picks will definitely help them build a improved team using both draft and cap space going forward and maybe they could luck up into a star next year.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

5/29/2015  10:33 PM
wargames wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Example

Another possible trade theory I've seen on the knicks pick at #4 (mudiay) and then facilitate a trade with the Kings at #6 and the Nuggets at #7. The only reason its worth mentioning is Karl in Sacramento has been rumored to want Ty for the kings to run his offense and a 2 guard who is dynamic at shooting 3's. Its also clear Denver wants a new PG to lead their team and after Russell, Mudiay is the number 2 PG in this draft. Also while the knicks need a starting PG, they need one that can shoot the 3 and preferably is a veteran, but who isn't to old or expensive to be a liability or cap problem.

Knicks get Collison and Picks #6 and #7 (or instead of #7 one of the 3 2016 Denver 1st round Picks)
Nuggets get Mudiay, McClemore, Calderon, and Staukas (though both Mclemore and/or Staukas could come to NY too based on cap)

Nuggets get a young back court with potential to become the West version of Wall and Beal if they develop them right.
Sacremento gets Ty Lawson and Hardway which is what Karl wants. Ty to run the offense and a 2 guard who is great at 3pt shots for spacing.
Knicks get a cheap starting PG on a short deal and 2 picks (or maybe 1 2015 pick and 1 2016 pick)

Basically the knicks get at least 2 - 3 picks and 1 player (possibly more) for Mudiay at #4. The reason it works for the knicks is honestly beyond position or system fit the knicks just need players. Now while they missed out on a definite star all those picks will definitely help them build a improved team using both draft and cap space going forward and maybe they could luck up into a star next year.

Is this a fan generated trade or based on any actual rumors floating around. I've read that Lawson might be dissatisfied in Denver, and he did well matching up with Karl.

Interesting to think about.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
FistOfOakley
Member: #3075

5/29/2015  11:17 PM
wargames wrote:

that is probably the greatest fake trades i've seen so far... couple minor issues:

a)the key for us is having winslow fall.. if he doesn't.. i would not do this... hezonja is quite possibly throwing away the pick...
b)the other hangup is obviously the kings and whether they take lawson for the 5th pick plus mclemore.. that's the tallest ask in this scenario and probably why the deal wouldn't work.. it is within the realm of possibility though and something to think about...

wargames

5/29/2015  11:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/31/2015  9:05 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
wargames wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Example

Is this a fan generated trade or based on any actual rumors floating around. I've read that Lawson might be dissatisfied in Denver, and he did well matching up with Karl.

Interesting to think about.

The knicks haven't been attached to denver or sacremento but both teams have been attahced to trade rumors.

Its based on actual rumors

http://sacramento.suntimes.com/sacramento-kings/7/138/71568/sacramento-kings-ty-lawson

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/26/report-ty-lawson-and-kenneth-faried-prefer-nuggets-trade-them-in-denver-doesnt-make-major-move/

Kings want Lawson but they really don't have anything the Nuggets want to do the trade for. the Nuggets have the 7th pick but the top 2 PG's will be off the board so if they trade for Ty to the kings the kings won't have a PG of his level to send back. Lastly the knicks keep talking about Winslow and now WCS who are usually mentioned at #6 and #7.

Its all theory of course but it could happen.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

5/29/2015  11:29 PM
Like I mentioned in another thread it cost Orlando a future 1st(2017) to move up 2 spots so the #6 and #7 picks is not a huge stretch but more than likely Denver would want to give one of there 2016 picks.

Maybe Mudiay is worth two picks this year though.

wargames

5/29/2015  11:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/30/2015  1:09 AM
FistOfOakley wrote:
wargames wrote:

that is probably the greatest fake trades i've seen so far... couple minor issues:

a)the key for us is having winslow fall.. if he doesn't.. i would not do this... hezonja is quite possibly throwing away the pick...
b)the other hangup is obviously the kings and whether they take lawson for the 5th pick plus mclemore.. that's the tallest ask in this scenario and probably why the deal wouldn't work.. it is within the realm of possibility though and something to think about...

A lot of it depends on the fact Denver has 3 future first picks in 2016 that could sweeten the deal. The trade could maybe give the knicks Collison, #6 and #7 and Denver sends a 2016 pick to the kings (and still have 2 first round picks next year) or maybe as I said the knicks take Collison #6 and a future pick and Denver sends the kings 7 (and denver would still have 2 first round picks in 2016). Lawson, Hardaway, and future first for #6 is a good deal and it is a great deal for the kings if they get Lawson and Hardway to move from #6 to #7 (and the knicks take the 2016 pick). There are multiple ways it could go down and using the TPE's all 3 teams have and Denvers collection of picks its actually possible.

As for denver for the price of Lawson and 2 picks they get Mudiay, 2 young SG's, and a vet to work with Mudiay in Calderon. Its not a bad trade for them either and would make them a young (cheap) team quickly and they would still have 2 1st round picks in 2016.

If the knicks do take WCS at #7 to trade. Boston has made it known they want to trade up for him. Rumors say they think he would work great with K Love their top FA target (which I think is true). The knicks should be able to get a collection of picks and players from them since it would be a #9 spot jump. Boston has 11 first round picks between now and 2018.

WaltLongmire

5/30/2015  12:04 AM
FistOfOakley wrote:
wargames wrote:

Winslow's availability or non-availability at 6 would not be a game changer for me. If he is gone at 6, and the gang of four- Towns, Russell, OK4, and Mudiay are already gone, then you have folks like Kaminsky, Porzingis, or Hezonja. If he is there, then either Kaminsky or Porzingis are probably off the board, and you could take Winslow and remaining one of those two, or even Stein, who I am not a fan of.

Read something where the Mavs and Lawson are both interested in one another, by the way.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
wargames

5/30/2015  12:14 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
FistOfOakley wrote:
wargames wrote:

Winslow's availability or non-availability at 6 would not be a game changer for me. If he is gone at 6, and the gang of four- Towns, Russell, OK4, and Mudiay are already gone, then you have folks like Kaminsky, Porzingis, or Hezonja. If he is there, then either Kaminsky or Porzingis are probably off the board, and you could take Winslow and remaining one of those two, or even Stein, who I am not a fan of.

Read something where the Mavs and Lawson are both interested in one another, by the way.

Lawson has 2 more years on his contract and yeah I want Winslow too but like I said knicks need players and literally in that trade it comes down to Orlando at #5. It is definitely a risk though

shinmen
Member: #6029
France
5/30/2015  3:11 AM
wargames wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Example

I would love for this to happen but I definitely would keep WCS.

smackeddog
Member: #883
5/30/2015  3:55 AM
The worst move for me would be trading our pick for a veteran
wargames

5/30/2015  6:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/30/2015  6:44 AM
Yahoo Sports rankings of best shooters in the draft

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/ranking-the-2015-nba-draft-s-top-shooters-012046574.html

Rankings:

1 Mario Hezonja
2 D'Angelo Russell
3 Frank Kaminsky
4 Corey Hawkins
5 Tyler Harvey
6 Pat Connaughton
7 Kristaps Porzingis
8 Devin Booker
9 Daniel Diez
10 Joseph Young

Hezonja, Porzingis and Kaminsky are interesting because the knicks could trade down and pick one of those guys up.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

5/30/2015  8:38 AM
Here is links to past trades

http://www.nba.com/news/2014-draft-trade-tracker/

http://www.nba.com/news/2013-trade-tracker/
http://www.nba.com/2012/news/06/27/trade-tracker/
http://www.nba.com/2011/news/06/23/draft-trades/index.html
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/06/23/draft.trades/index.html
http://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/DraftTrades/Years/2009.htm
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/746317-a-trip-back-in-time-a-review-of-the-2008-nba-draft
http://www.thedraftreview.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3111:2007-draft-day-trades&catid=139:draft-day-trades&Itemid=123

here is a link for draft trades as far back as 1953
http://www.thedraftreview.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=139&Itemid=123

The more I think about it A 3way trade with Denver and anyone but especially Sac. would be the way to go if Russell, Towns, and Okafor are gone.
Its really all about how bad Karl wants Lawson and how valuable Mudiay is to Denver, two picks this year or a future pick. I also think Faried needs to be involved in the deal. I would even be willing to keep Calderon on the books if the knicks get pick 6 and 7(instead of a future) because I could pawn Calderon of on Boston or Indy.

If Indy wants Trill it would take a swap and a future 1st rd pick and 2015 2nd plus them taking Calderon.

If its Boston its a Trill for their entire 2015 draft and Calderon dump.

WaltLongmire

5/30/2015  12:29 PM
wargames wrote:Yahoo Sports rankings of best shooters in the draft

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/ranking-the-2015-nba-draft-s-top-shooters-012046574.html

Rankings:

1 Mario Hezonja
2 D'Angelo Russell
3 Frank Kaminsky
4 Corey Hawkins
5 Tyler Harvey
6 Pat Connaughton
7 Kristaps Porzingis
8 Devin Booker
9 Daniel Diez
10 Joseph Young

Hezonja, Porzingis and Kaminsky are interesting because the knicks could trade down and pick one of those guys up.

Yeah...saw that article, too- had a number of other shooting breakdowns, too, I think.

Very good for reference.

WaltLongmire

5/30/2015  12:34 PM
Nalod wrote:
VCoug wrote:Good article on Knickerblogger about Porzingis: http://knickerblogger.net/what-if-with-the-4th-pick-the-knicks-draft-kristaps-porzingis/

Sums up my feelings much better than I can. Strong stay away for me.

Good article? It was just a mans opinion and not based on much besides entertainment.

It was funny, though.

Did one on Hezonja, too.

Might be Europhobic.

The memory of Freddy Weis runs deep and long for some.

Official 2015 NBA Knick Draft Thread....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy