[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Official 2015 NBA Knick Draft Thread....
Author Thread
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

5/20/2015  7:45 AM
nixluva wrote:Philly is going to be the interesting team. Do they really want Russell as has been reported? What if they actually go in a different direction?

They'll take whomever falls to them at three out of Towns, Okafor and Russell.

If for example, someone takes Russell at 2, they'll be fine taking Okafor at 3. They can always trade him, or Saric, or Embiid or Noel later if it comes to that or simply have the most imposing rookie frontline in NBA history.

Philly is in a position to jump into any trade, move up or down in any of the next few drafts and has the cap flexibility to pick up just about any free agent. Also they have a massive margin of error to play with with their draft stockpile. If one guy just busts, ok they can keep trucking on, absorb the loss and keep firing with more ammo.

Why anyone, esp you, would trash Sam Hinkie and what he's done in Philly is beyond me.

AUTOADVERT
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

5/20/2015  9:07 AM
VCoug wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
VCoug wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
magicTs wrote:At least whoever it is will come with far less pressure and expectations on their shoulders by the sound of things on here. Hopefully the Knicks fans evident disappointment will be a further motivation for someone like Mudiay or Winslow.

all i am saying is... you don't fuvk with duncan'ish potential.... if towns turns into a duncan, fisher will be hated for a long time like don nelson was by knicks fans after the steph curry pick

But what if Mudiay is the next big time guard? What if they take Porzingis and he turns into Dirk? What if it's Winslow and he's A Kawhi?

kawhi is not that great, don't get ahead of yourself, when was the last time a euro big man won multiple championships. and by the way... duncan in his prime blows away dirk in his prime any day.

Kawhi really is that great. He's a game changing defensive player that can guard 1 through 3 and is a very good offensive player. The hope is Winslow is Kawhi but better offensively, he's already a better 3-point shooter. Assuming Towns, Okafor, and Russell go in the top 3 Winslow's the guy I'm leaning towards.

so how many players each year develop into that guard multiple positions and be decent offensively and how many players each year suddenly become skilled big men.

Very few. Not sure what you're getting at.

guys develop into jimmy butlers and kawhi leonards every year all the time. duncans and kgs come along once in a while
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
mreinman
Member: #3189

5/20/2015  9:16 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
VCoug wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
VCoug wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
magicTs wrote:At least whoever it is will come with far less pressure and expectations on their shoulders by the sound of things on here. Hopefully the Knicks fans evident disappointment will be a further motivation for someone like Mudiay or Winslow.

all i am saying is... you don't fuvk with duncan'ish potential.... if towns turns into a duncan, fisher will be hated for a long time like don nelson was by knicks fans after the steph curry pick

But what if Mudiay is the next big time guard? What if they take Porzingis and he turns into Dirk? What if it's Winslow and he's A Kawhi?

kawhi is not that great, don't get ahead of yourself, when was the last time a euro big man won multiple championships. and by the way... duncan in his prime blows away dirk in his prime any day.

Kawhi really is that great. He's a game changing defensive player that can guard 1 through 3 and is a very good offensive player. The hope is Winslow is Kawhi but better offensively, he's already a better 3-point shooter. Assuming Towns, Okafor, and Russell go in the top 3 Winslow's the guy I'm leaning towards.

so how many players each year develop into that guard multiple positions and be decent offensively and how many players each year suddenly become skilled big men.

guys develop into jimmy butlers and kawhi leonards every year all the time. duncans and kgs come along once in a while

that is really an argument for taking a guard

so here is what phil is thinking ....
VCoug
Member: #1406

5/20/2015  9:26 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
VCoug wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
VCoug wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Obviously, guys like Duncan and KG are much rarer and more valuable. I've been pissed that we won those 2 meaningless games since they happened and now my worst fears came true. But, guys like Butler and Kawhi don't come along every year either. Getting a guy like Kawhi, who I think is Winslow's best comp, would still be a success. Just not as much of a success as getting one of the bigs.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
Cartman718

5/20/2015  9:40 AM
VCoug wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
VCoug wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
VCoug wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Obviously, guys like Duncan and KG are much rarer and more valuable. I've been pissed that we won those 2 meaningless games since they happened and now my worst fears came true. But, guys like Butler and Kawhi don't come along every year either. Getting a guy like Kawhi, who I think is Winslow's best comp, would still be a success. Just not as much of a success as getting one of the bigs.

you have a chance to hit a hole-in-one, and we settled for a birdie.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
VCoug
Member: #1406

5/20/2015  9:48 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
VCoug wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
VCoug wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
VCoug wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

you have a chance to hit a hole-in-one, and we settled for a birdie.

That's a great way to put it. Winning those two games and dropping from 1 to 4 is a small disaster. But, there's still good talent there and we can salvage it. As long as we don't trade the pick.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
Cartman718

5/20/2015  10:01 AM
i would trade the pick in a NY min if it meant getting towns, okafor or russell
these are the only 3 sure things in this draft.
mreinman

5/20/2015  10:02 AM
Cartman718 wrote:i would trade the pick in a NY min if it meant getting towns, okafor or russell

trade up? how?

Cartman718

5/20/2015  10:14 AM
mreinman wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:i would trade the pick in a NY min if it meant getting towns, okafor or russell

trade up? how?

that's phil's job to figure out... not mine

smackeddog
Member: #883
5/20/2015  10:37 AM
Crazy to think TWolves basically traded Love for Wiggins and Towns- I am jealous
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/20/2015  11:24 AM
Harden was taken third behind THabeet and Griffin. Curry was 7th. They are mvp 1 and 2 6 years later. Jordan went third.
History has lots of examples.

We are very fortunate that this draft is deep at the top. what falls in our lap might be the best player.

For all those crying about Kharma, curses and winning two games at the end its not about who we DON'T get, its WHO WE DO PICK!!!!

FOr all we know neither Oka4 or towns won't be better than Greg Monroe (im sure one will be)and we might end up with a HOF all star guard to pair with him and Melo. Might take a year or two for him to be that.

Its a work in progress and most likley we won't know the best player in this draft for 5 years.

5 years. Phil won't our president then. A lot of things will have changed. Enjoy the ride, not the destination.

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

5/20/2015  12:21 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

trade up? how?

Melo to LA could get it done. We get their #2 and our #2 (OK4+Mudiay looks nice) and they get their big 3 - Kobe, Melo, Rondo. That might actually be Melo's best shot at winning a chip in his prime years. Certainly won't happen in NYC.

smackeddog
5/20/2015  12:56 PM
Hmm, draft express haven't given up hope- they said the Lakers might not take OK4, maybe Russell instead. 76ers might take Hezonja.

I think if OK4 fell to the 76ers they would pick him and maybe trade Embiid to us or the magic so they can also draft Mudiay or Russell

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Ramifications-of-the-Ping-Pong-Balls-Post-Lottery-Analysis--4998

mreinman

5/20/2015  1:10 PM
Moonangie wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

trade up? how?

Melo to LA could get it done. We get their #2 and our #2 (OK4+Mudiay looks nice) and they get their big 3 - Kobe, Melo, Rondo. That might actually be Melo's best shot at winning a chip in his prime years. Certainly won't happen in NYC.

you think that the lakers give up the #2 pick for melo? c'mon bud

smackeddog
5/20/2015  1:19 PM
mreinman wrote:
Moonangie wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

trade up? how?

Like I said, I think they would if we took back Kobe, and they signed Love- their new owner is Dolan's long lost twin, and likely goes for the starphuck.

mreinman

5/20/2015  1:21 PM
smackeddog wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Moonangie wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

trade up? how?

Like I said, I think they would if we took back Kobe, and they signed Love- their new owner is Dolan's long lost twin, and likely goes for the starphuck.

not a 1 in 100000 chance.

melo contract is basically untradable and you want to add the #2 pick?

this is trade rape of the highest degree

throwing in kobe who is an expiring does not make it much better

smackeddog
5/20/2015  1:33 PM
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Moonangie wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

trade up? how?

Melo's contract is not terrible for the Lakers- this year it would be nullified by them offloading Kobe, then the next few years it decreases significantly as a percentage of the salary cap. If I were them I'd rather build around OK4, but their new management is pretty bad (they still want Rondo and were prepared to give him a max before these playoffs!), so I think they may consider a terrible trio of starphucks.

mreinman

5/20/2015  1:34 PM
smackeddog wrote:
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Moonangie wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

trade up? how?

Melo's contract is not terrible for the Lakers- this year it would be nullified by them offloading Kobe, then the next few years it decreases significantly as a percentage of the salary cap. If I were them I'd rather build around OK4, but their new management is pretty bad (they still want Rondo and were prepared to give him a max before these playoffs!), so I think they may consider a terrible trio of starphucks.

well ... any team willing to pay for rondo obviously has zero credibility and who the hell knows what they will do

smackeddog
5/20/2015  1:46 PM
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Moonangie wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

trade up? how?

well ... any team willing to pay for rondo obviously has zero credibility and who the hell knows what they will do

Like I said- Buss Jr is Dolan's long lost twin. They also don't seem to believe in metrics, and their coach expressly told them not to shoot 3s. This is why I think there's a small chance they would consider Melo for OK4, but it's contingent on Love signing with them.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

5/20/2015  2:39 PM
What if Love and the Lakers have a handshake deal can you pair Okafor with Love?

Official 2015 NBA Knick Draft Thread....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy