[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Official 2015 NBA Knick Draft Thread....
Author Thread
RonRon
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #246
4/30/2015  6:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/30/2015  6:56 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I still think the Knicks plan ahs been clear as day--lets move out the 19% odds of getting pick #1 I think whatever position we get 2-5 we will shift down or just take WCS. The Knicks plan has been Monroe and Stein for 4 months + thats what I believe.

Thing is Briggs, you believe in so many things, it is almost hard to miss any possible scenario in your 1/100 possible scenarios, especially after I somewhat got you to realize that Ernes Kanter is likely to stay in OKC, so you got that out of the way so far....

Though I still enjoy reading out majority of your scenarios, though I wish you had as much interest in Draymond Green over Ernes Kanter
But please, stop comparing what players you think could be the next Draymond Green when their game has NOTHING that resembles what he brings, and/or NCAA players when Green plays as he is a 10year vet while actually playing on his 1st/2nd season with a role on a team, at his age, makes him very valuable

Green knows how to defend, virtually all 5 positions, something that he can teach to our players, along with our to play as a team, with fundamentals, picks on and off the ball, catch and shoot scenarios, movement with and without ball, cutting, floor spacing, etc

If there is a player that GETS how to play, brings leadership, defends at a high level, and there is a team we want to resemble playing DEFENSE and OFFENSE, it is the concepts that GS plays as a team on both ends of the floor

You continue to judge/analyze Green for his Boxscores alone, you simply cannot draft/develop, the things that make Green who he is and what he is meant to the success of GS this year with his
veratility on OFF and DEF/HIGH IQ/FUNDAMENTALS/LEADERSHIP/ABIILTY TO PLAY ON AND OFF THE BALL/

A player of his caliber would FIT IN any Championship team and raise the pedigree of any young team, while helping the teams culture/development that Phil Jackson says to be seeking day 1 since he got here
His game simply makes EVERYONE around him much better

HIGH MOTOR/HIGH WORK ETHIC
COACH FAVORITE/FAN FAVORITE

As GS continues to play, please just watch the games, especially if GS goes to the finals, and you will see why I valued Draymond Green day 1, while you considered other options

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/30/2015  9:21 PM
Rake em Christmas could be a second round steal. Draftnet has him going at 45, express has him going at 52.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
brybry
Member: #6036

4/30/2015  11:02 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I still think the Knicks plan ahs been clear as day--lets move out the 19% odds of getting pick #1 I think whatever position we get 2-5 we will shift down or just take WCS. The Knicks plan has been Monroe and Stein for 4 months + thats what I believe.

Lol wtf? Based on WHAT? Personal desires? Ew. Monroe is horrid, and WCS isn't a guy you take with a top 5 pick. Are you serious? Just ew. They just traded away WCS...his name was Tyson Chandler.

JacobKubacki
Member: #6038

5/2/2015  6:02 PM
I like WCS - he may be a better choice than Okafor cause he will bring needed defense.
mikesknicks
Member: #684
USA
5/4/2015  12:04 PM
I like WCS - he may be a better choice than Okafor cause he will bring needed defense.

WCS is in no way a better prospect then Okafor. This is not the 80's & 90's basketball and last I checked you still ahve to score the most points to win. Look at who won the MVP Curry with Harden a close second and what are they known for defense????? You just need above average to very good team defense. You take Okafor over WCS every day of the week.

In the Knick of time. Knickal for Your thoughts.
blkexec
Member: #748
5/5/2015  7:47 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/5/2015  7:48 AM
mikesknicks wrote:

WCS is in no way a better prospect then Okafor. This is not the 80's & 90's basketball and last I checked you still ahve to score the most points to win. Look at who won the MVP Curry with Harden a close second and what are they known for defense????? You just need above average to very good team defense. You take Okafor over WCS every day of the week.

Curry can hit free throws and create his own shot....and hes the PG so the ball is in his hands majority of the time. But its not what we want, its Phils experimental building strategy which doesnt include Ok4. I believe the only reason Phil picks Ok4 is to set up a trade scenario. WCS plus another player or pick.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

5/5/2015  8:27 AM
I hope Phil isnt just targeting a big man in the draft. For example if we miss out on Towns or Okafor BUT Russell is there he better pick him. We need big men but to be honest we also need playmaking guards just as much
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/5/2015  10:08 AM
WCS can guard 5 positions. We saw against notre dame the kid covered the guard the whole floor!
With 3 bigs Kentucky, they used Lyles and Towns primarily on offense.
What can he do on offense?
We all saw Mourning and ewing blossom in the NBA. Im keeping an open mind.
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/5/2015  10:55 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:I hope Phil isnt just targeting a big man in the draft. For example if we miss out on Towns or Okafor BUT Russell is there he better pick him. We need big men but to be honest we also need playmaking guards just as much

That article said our draft board is: Towns, OK4, Mudiay, Russell, Wilmslow, so no need to worry

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
5/5/2015  10:02 PM
Russell = Beal?
JacobKubacki
Member: #6038

5/6/2015  4:01 AM
I think that Russell will be a better player than Ok4 and the fact is that we need to get 3 or 4 starting players in draft and FA so no matter who we will choose he will still be an upgrade from what we have now.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

5/6/2015  8:08 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/6/2015  8:08 AM
Personally i think Russell will end up being the best player in the draft even tough Towns is also right there in the conversation. The only tink Russell didnt have was a decent team in college. If you put a decent team around him the sky is the limit
Swishfm3
Member: #392
5/7/2015  12:15 AM
Did Willie Cauley-Stein really just change his middle name to "Trill"?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
5/7/2015  12:09 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:Did Willie Cauley-Stein really just change his middle name to "Trill"?

yep.

Cauley-Stein, 21, was born Willie Durmond Cauley Jr. He filed a name-change order Friday with the Probate Division of the Fayette District Court to legally change his name to Willie Trill Cauley-Stein.

http://www.kentucky.com/2015/05/04/3835197_willie-cauley-steins-name-change.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

¿ △ ?
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
5/10/2015  12:06 PM
don't see the hype around russell. mcconnell of arizona is 6'1" and locked russell down. mcconnell is projected to go as a 3rd rounder. russell is not projecting to be much of a defender.

don't the knicks need legit two-way players like all true nba contenders? why would jackson consider taking more one-way players when we already are building around one?

justise winslow should be the kid who jackson targets, built in the same mold as butler, george, leonard....

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
CrushAlot
USA
5/10/2015  1:03 PM
dk7th wrote:don't see the hype around russell. mcconnell of arizona is 6'1" and locked russell down. mcconnell is projected to go as a 3rd rounder. russell is not projecting to be much of a defender.

don't the knicks need legit two-way players like all true nba contenders? why would jackson consider taking more one-way players when we already are building around one?

justise winslow should be the kid who jackson targets, built in the same mold as butler, george, leonard....

Berman had an article in the Post yesterday where Ryan Blake gave his scouting report on the top 5 prospects. Here is his take on Russell:
D’Angelo Russell (G, Ohio State)

Blake: You like his size and athleticism — but I don’t mean just speed and quickness — it’s his mindset athleticism that’s a skill set he has that’s so high for such a young age. This guy can make a difference on a team real early. He’s best running the point and is a smooth operator. He can make plays for himself and others and can step up and take over a game. But he’s got an elite brain, sees the floor and angles. You don’t see that from kids at such a young age. You saw him mature and believe in himself. That’s important. He’s not ****y, just believes in himself. He’s like a Mike Conley, Jason Kidd, and a Steve Nash, the way he holds his dribble, and I like the way in a pick-and-roll he gets inside for a floater. He’s got a good assist-to-turnover ratio. The game looks slow to him, so in the speedier NBA, he’ll still be comfortable.

http://nypost.com/2015/05/09/nba-scouting-exec-dissects-knicks-draft-options/
dk7th
USA
5/10/2015  1:22 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:don't see the hype around russell. mcconnell of arizona is 6'1" and locked russell down. mcconnell is projected to go as a 3rd rounder. russell is not projecting to be much of a defender.

Berman had an article in the Post yesterday where Ryan Blake gave his scouting report on the top 5 prospects. Here is his take on Russell:

Blake: You like his size and athleticism — but I don’t mean just speed and quickness — it’s his mindset athleticism that’s a skill set he has that’s so high for such a young age. This guy can make a difference on a team real early. He’s best running the point and is a smooth operator. He can make plays for himself and others and can step up and take over a game. But he’s got an elite brain, sees the floor and angles. You don’t see that from kids at such a young age. You saw him mature and believe in himself. That’s important. He’s not ****y, just believes in himself. He’s like a Mike Conley, Jason Kidd, and a Steve Nash, the way he holds his dribble, and I like the way in a pick-and-roll he gets inside for a floater. He’s got a good assist-to-turnover ratio. The game looks slow to him, so in the speedier NBA, he’ll still be comfortable.

no mention of defense in this report. nice to know he has this iq and court vision and handle... but if he can't defend the point of attack it is an obstacle towards building a true contender. he may not be an ideal fit in the triangle either.

if you had a choice between winslow and russell, who would you prefer and why?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
CrushAlot
USA
5/10/2015  1:35 PM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

no mention of defense in this report. nice to know he has this iq and court vision and handle... but if he can't defend the point of attack it is an obstacle towards building a true contender. he may not be an ideal fit in the triangle either.

Other than Syracuse games I only watch the tournament so I don't consider myself an expert based on seeing these guys one or two times. Duke played Cuse twice and Winslow had a really good game the second time. I also thought Winslow had a great tournament. But I haven't seen much of Russell and have only read scouting reports so I would defer in this case to someone else's take.
dk7th
USA
5/10/2015  1:50 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Other than Syracuse games I only watch the tournament so I don't consider myself an expert based on seeing these guys one or two times. Duke played Cuse twice and Winslow had a really good game the second time. I also thought Winslow had a great tournament. But I haven't seen much of Russell and have only read scouting reports so I would defer in this case to someone else's take.

okay i can respect that. now can you please help me understand what is meant by "mindset athleticism"? i have no idea what this means and it seems like a crock of shyte to me....

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/13/2015  10:52 AM
brybry wrote:

Lol wtf? Based on WHAT? Personal desires? Ew. Monroe is horrid, and WCS isn't a guy you take with a top 5 pick. Are you serious? Just ew. They just traded away WCS...his name was Tyson Chandler.

Monroe is far from horrible, he's a great option. Pure low post scorer, great rebounder, good passer, only 24 years old. Unless we get Towns, i don't think we target a big man at all in the draft. We take Russell or Mudiay and target Monroe. We find a stop gap at the other big man position like Lavoy Allen, Koufos, David West ect, then the following summer we target Horford, Noah, Durant, etc. A ton of solid big men in free agency the next 2 years, really limited available guards who are all-stars talents. The combination of WCS and Monroe just doesn't offer enough spacing, but there are options to offset Monroe with a good defender who can shoot the mid-range jumper, that's what we need.

Official 2015 NBA Knick Draft Thread....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy