[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Official 2015 NBA Knick Draft Thread....
Author Thread
Hector
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #4483

3/22/2015  2:04 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Hector wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Hector wrote:Didn't like Okafor missing that reverse dunk, he doesn't get up too high.
If he goes #1, I wonder if he'll even be as Good as Brad Dougherty?
Brad was okay, but not the career yoOkafornt with the #1 overall pick.
It has to be either Towns or 1 of the guards.

Hector c ome on. If there is oneplayer who has earned pic k 1 its ok4 by a reasonable margin. Yep he missed a stupid reverse dunk and hit his other 10 shots

I only used that missed dunk as an example of how I feel he isn't that athletic. You'd think I was talking bad about someone's sister the way people get so defensive. All those layups he made - he's not getting those shots in the NBA. He played well but it wasn't very representative of what he'll go against in the future.

Nowhere did I call Brad Dougherty a bust, I just don't want a player like that if there is a monster among the other choices.

OK4 is very young, still- hard to anticipate what his eventual ceiling is athletically speaking, but he is not a tremendous leaper at this point in his development, and lacks defensive intensity in the games I've seen him play so far.

I actually linked OK4 and Dougherty in my mind at one point.

Daugherty had a better shooting touch from outside, was an excellent passer, but I can't picture his interior game in my mind.

He was also a sub-par shot blocker who only averaged more than 1.0 BPG, ONCE in his NBA career, and even in college he only averaged about 1/game. He averaged only .7 for his injury shortened career, which is pathetic for a man of his size. Luckily, he eventually had Larry Nance playing with him, and Nance was a good shot blocker.

Not sure what kind of man/man defender he was, but the Cavs had a few good defensive years while he was there.

Solid and consistent player.

I think the physical comparison between OK4 and Daugherty at this point is more than fair. Daugherty never had the interior moves that OK4 has at his young age, but the comparing them in terms of defensive presence is legitimate, and has to be of concern.

I don't think you can have OK4 at 5 and Anthony at 4 because it will lead to a porous interior D, and if you find a stud shot blocker with a limited offensive game to play at the 5, while OK4 is at the 4, and Anthony is at the 3, you still have some major perimeter D issues, especially considering the popularity of stretch 4's these days.

Have to consider this stuff, however much folks like OK4.

Okafor will surprise in the NBA. Making generalizations that he will have no jump shot when he is 19 is absurd. I tend to look at him as unique and consistent. Something not even one other player in this draft can say. It is irrational and incredulous to draft based on Carmelo. It makes no sense. Its possible wit this injury caremlo will never be the same player. Walt this team needs pieces 1 by 1 we are that bad. We need talent and we can't take risks right now. Let's see what okafor does today against a very athletic and aggressive San Diego state who has the ability to beat duke

Thinking about it, Carmelo needs Russell more than the 2 bigs. I'd say Mudiay also, but he really is an unknown factor, isn't he.
I think Russell could help facilitate Carmelo & some offense, but I like the thought of what Towns might turn out to be.

[quote="jrodmc"] Melo is stupid. [/quote]
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

3/22/2015  2:09 PM
Hector wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Hector wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Hector wrote:Didn't like Okafor missing that reverse dunk, he doesn't get up too high.

Hector c ome on. If there is oneplayer who has earned pic k 1 its ok4 by a reasonable margin. Yep he missed a stupid reverse dunk and hit his other 10 shots

I only used that missed dunk as an example of how I feel he isn't that athletic. You'd think I was talking bad about someone's sister the way people get so defensive. All those layups he made - he's not getting those shots in the NBA. He played well but it wasn't very representative of what he'll go against in the future.

Nowhere did I call Brad Dougherty a bust, I just don't want a player like that if there is a monster among the other choices.

OK4 is very young, still- hard to anticipate what his eventual ceiling is athletically speaking, but he is not a tremendous leaper at this point in his development, and lacks defensive intensity in the games I've seen him play so far.

Daugherty had a better shooting touch from outside, was an excellent passer, but I can't picture his interior game in my mind.

He was also a sub-par shot blocker who only averaged more than 1.0 BPG, ONCE in his NBA career, and even in college he only averaged about 1/game. He averaged only .7 for his injury shortened career, which is pathetic for a man of his size. Luckily, he eventually had Larry Nance playing with him, and Nance was a good shot blocker.

Not sure what kind of man/man defender he was, but the Cavs had a few good defensive years while he was there.

I think the physical comparison between OK4 and Daugherty at this point is more than fair. Daugherty never had the interior moves that OK4 has at his young age, but the comparing them in terms of defensive presence is legitimate, and has to be of concern.

I don't think you can have OK4 at 5 and Anthony at 4 because it will lead to a porous interior D, and if you find a stud shot blocker with a limited offensive game to play at the 5, while OK4 is at the 4, and Anthony is at the 3, you still have some major perimeter D issues, especially considering the popularity of stretch 4's these days.

Okafor will surprise in the NBA. Making generalizations that he will have no jump shot when he is 19 is absurd. I tend to look at him as unique and consistent. Something not even one other player in this draft can say. It is irrational and incredulous to draft based on Carmelo. It makes no sense. Its possible wit this injury caremlo will never be the same player. Walt this team needs pieces 1 by 1 we are that bad. We need talent and we can't take risks right now. Let's see what okafor does today against a very athletic and aggressive San Diego state who has the ability to beat duke

Thinking about it, Carmelo needs Russell more than the 2 bigs. I'd say Mudiay also, but he really is an unknown factor, isn't he.
I think Russell could help facilitate Carmelo & some offense, but I like the thought of what Towns might turn out to be.

i dont want to draft based on what fits melo. Just pick the best player available who you feel has the highest ceiling
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/22/2015  2:13 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Hector wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Hector wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

i dont want to draft based on what fits melo. Just pick the best player available who you feel has the highest ceiling

Which is why you pick Towns. It just so happens he also fits with Melo

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

3/22/2015  2:17 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Hector wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Hector wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Which is why you pick Towns. It just so happens he also fits with Melo

russell is still my first choice followed by towns
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

3/23/2015  9:53 AM
a little off toipic but Russell kinda looks like Hakeem for Empire.
The Future is Bright!
FistOfOakley
Member: #3075

3/25/2015  8:00 PM
top 25
1. karl anthony towns
2. jahlil okafor
3. d'angelo russell
4. delon wright
5. emmanuel mudiay
6. justise winslow
7. jakob poeltl
8. myles turner
9. kris dunn
10. willie cauley-stein
11. aj hammons
12. bobby portis
13. christian wood
14. kelly oubre
15. stanley johnson
16. cliff alexander
17. cameron payne
18. shawn long
19. denzel livingston
20. daniel ochefu
21. jordan mickey
22. montrezl harrell
23. rakeem christmas
24. jerian grant
25. derrick marks
TPercy

3/25/2015  8:12 PM
FistOfOakley wrote:top 25
1. karl anthony towns
2. jahlil okafor
3. d'angelo russell
4. delon wright
5. emmanuel mudiay
6. justise winslow
7. jakob poeltl
8. myles turner
9. kris dunn
10. willie cauley-stein
11. aj hammons
12. bobby portis
13. christian wood
14. kelly oubre
15. stanley johnson
16. cliff alexander
17. cameron payne
18. shawn long
19. denzel livingston
20. daniel ochefu
21. jordan mickey
22. montrezl harrell
23. rakeem christmas
24. jerian grant
25. derrick marks

Jerian Grant at 24? Have you seen him this tourney?
The Future is Bright!
FistOfOakley

3/25/2015  8:16 PM
of course i have.. i love him but he doesn't rebound.. which is weird for a guy his size...
jullybully21
Member: #6007

3/25/2015  8:32 PM
I would love to try and get a late first pick and get Justin Anderson from Virginia. He can knock down shots, a stout defender, and athletic. He to me is a Tony Allen but with a jumper. He is not a great but solid all round basketball player. He is a leader and would be what we wish Shump would be fir this team (a 3 and D SG).
TPercy

3/25/2015  8:37 PM
jullybully21 wrote:I would love to try and get a late first pick and get Justin Anderson from Virginia. He can knock down shots, a stout defender, and athletic. He to me is a Tony Allen but with a jumper. He is not a great but solid all round basketball player. He is a leader and would be what we wish Shump would be fir this team (a 3 and D SG).

I'd get Devin Booker with that late first round pick

The Future is Bright!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/25/2015  8:50 PM
jullybully21 wrote:I would love to try and get a late first pick and get Justin Anderson from Virginia. He can knock down shots, a stout defender, and athletic. He to me is a Tony Allen but with a jumper. He is not a great but solid all round basketball player. He is a leader and would be what we wish Shump would be fir this team (a 3 and D SG).

I appreciate the insight. I'd pass on Andersen in round #1 even though hes a tough athletic physical kid on a physical team with an NBA body. He had a mediocre career up until this year and still was a jack of all trade master of nothing. I know he was sick and had injury problems that impacted his last 1/3 of the year. You kind of saw what happened to him when his 3 point game went south--his production fell off the table. Hes an undersized 3 who has no handle(which I cant stand) and cant break plays off the dribble. My hope is Knick management stays with players who MAKE plays WITH the dribble. His career FG% is not NBA--and Im a big believer that you need to show some consistency. Defense from the wing--atleast to me is 2nd round skills--meaning I wont offer anyone with limited offense whod makes his name on the defense a 1st round pick.The NY Knick cant score 90 points--we need to focus on offense from the post PG and wing.

This is the best draft for bigs in 20 years. If we get a second pick its either BIG or PG either one but we might have a chance to find a 2nd big which we are desperate for. If we end up with pick #3 or #4 I do NOT think BPAis a big and that is a 50% possibility. What is a 6-6 225 pound SF with no handle going to do for a team that cant score? Justin Andersen needs to go to a team that has structure in place--hes a role player. And Im not diminishing him with this post--I just understand the dire straights the Knicks are in and we need to set our priorities in other places.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/26/2015  1:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/26/2015  1:22 PM
If I had a very late pick as in 26-30 Id promise it to Grayson Allen if he would be willing to come to the NBA early. Id go right to Duke and tell Coach K that I have a round one pick and I want to develop this player after their season ended and let the kid and his family decide. If he was on any other team where he got consistent PT hed already be a late lottery pick or close to it. He has basically no usage but in the little hes been out there--even in the couple of games where he did not score--his play is what I love..N ot only does he have the physical talent--hes going to be a star one day but just the way he gives 125% as well--thats the seller. He wont come out and there isnt going to be a promise but Ill come back to this post in 2 years.(if Im still on the earth)

RIP Crushalot😞
mreinman
Member: #3189

3/26/2015  1:08 PM
FistOfOakley wrote:top 25
1. karl anthony towns
2. jahlil okafor
3. d'angelo russell
4. delon wright
5. emmanuel mudiay
6. justise winslow
7. jakob poeltl
8. myles turner
9. kris dunn
10. willie cauley-stein
11. aj hammons
12. bobby portis
13. christian wood
14. kelly oubre
15. stanley johnson
16. cliff alexander
17. cameron payne
18. shawn long
19. denzel livingston
20. daniel ochefu
21. jordan mickey
22. montrezl harrell
23. rakeem christmas
24. jerian grant
25. derrick marks

ignoring Euro's?

so here is what phil is thinking ....
FistOfOakley

3/26/2015  1:47 PM
the euro's are pretty overrated this year... they score but don't do much else...

grayson allen is so annoying... he is a typical duke player.. and the biggest whiner i have seen...

TPercy

3/26/2015  8:03 PM
FistOfOakley wrote:of course i have.. i love him but he doesn't rebound.. which is weird for a guy his size...

3 rebounds per game?

The Future is Bright!
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

3/26/2015  8:53 PM
FistOfOakley wrote:the euro's are pretty overrated this year... they score but don't do much else...

grayson allen is so annoying... he is a typical duke player.. and the biggest whiner i have seen...

You know anything about this guy Aleksandar Vezenkov? Seems like a great shooter and rebounder

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Aleksandar-Vezenkov-6429/stats/

yellowboy90

3/26/2015  8:56 PM
Grant putting on a passing clinic. He might not rebound but he does a lot of other things. If he can develop his 3pt shot and get to the line he might be a nice player in the nba. He's D. Wade-lite to me.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

3/26/2015  9:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/26/2015  9:02 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:Grant putting on a passing clinic. He might not rebound but he does a lot of other things. If he can develop his 3pt shot and get to the line he might be a nice player in the nba. He's D. Wade-lite to me.

Agreed. Just posted in the other thread that he is proving that he can impact the game even when he is not scoring. Vision of a pg and athleticism of a sg.

yellowboy90

3/26/2015  9:14 PM
Uptown wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Grant putting on a passing clinic. He might not rebound but he does a lot of other things. If he can develop his 3pt shot and get to the line he might be a nice player in the nba. He's D. Wade-lite to me.

Agreed. Just posted in the other thread that he is proving that he can impact the game even when he is not scoring. Vision of a pg and athleticism of a sg.

His game reminds me of D.Russell but without the great shooting from 3. They play off the ball in a possession but when they get the ball in their hands you see excellent pg skills. If the Knicks pick # 4 I wouldn't mind trading down to pick up Grant and some other picks.

TPercy

3/26/2015  9:18 PM
He was a really good 3pt shooter last year, shot at 41% fell off a lot this year..
The Future is Bright!
Official 2015 NBA Knick Draft Thread....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy