[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Official 2015 NBA Knick Draft Thread....
Author Thread
Hector
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #4483

3/21/2015  8:59 AM
Didn't like Okafor missing that reverse dunk, he doesn't get up too high.
If he goes #1, I wonder if he'll even be as Good as Brad Dougherty?
Brad was okay, but not the career you want with the #1 overall pick.
It has to be either Towns or 1 of the guards.
[quote="jrodmc"] Melo is stupid. [/quote]
AUTOADVERT
Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
3/21/2015  10:03 AM
Hector wrote:Didn't like Okafor missing that reverse dunk, he doesn't get up too high.

Great job basing everything off one play

Hector

3/21/2015  10:50 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/21/2015  10:52 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:
Hector wrote:Didn't like Okafor missing that reverse dunk, he doesn't get up too high.

Quit acting like such a baby. Did I insult your hero or something?
Go buy his jersey, maybe that will feel better.

I mean, really. I don't think he's that athletic & he's never gonna get basket looks like he did yesterday.
...and What's wrong with Brad Dougherty? He was solid.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
3/21/2015  11:03 AM
fitzfarm wrote:Sad part about eddy is the guy is still only 32.. He could still be a offensive force if he had little work ethic..I mean look at zack Randolph that fat f*** can ball and it's because he is determined and plays angry... If eddy played angry and with energy like Zach he'd still be in the NBA and for how weak the center position is in the NBA... It goes to show you how stupid eddy is he could will be making millions if he put in 25 percent effort instead of zero.

You can't teach love for the game.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/21/2015  5:35 PM

There are very few gms I'm the league who would say that they're unhappy with brad Daugherty with the first pick. In fact, he was a first overall pick and no one called him a bust.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
JrZyHuStLa
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1241

3/21/2015  10:25 PM
Stein is not a franchise player type of talent. I like him, but no way in hell would I be happy with ending up with him.

The goal of this draft is to CLEARLY draft and mold a 15 year franchise cornerstone who is capable of being one.

At this point that's only Towns, Russell or Okafor.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/22/2015  12:23 AM

Hector c ome on. If there is oneplayer who has earned pic k 1 its ok4 by a reasonable margin. Yep he missed a stupid reverse dunk and hit his other 10 shots

RIP Crushalot😞
TPercy
Member: #5748

3/22/2015  12:28 AM
Jerian Grant later tonight was great!
The Future is Bright!
Hector

3/22/2015  5:35 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

Hector c ome on. If there is oneplayer who has earned pic k 1 its ok4 by a reasonable margin. Yep he missed a stupid reverse dunk and hit his other 10 shots

I only used that missed dunk as an example of how I feel he isn't that athletic. You'd think I was talking bad about someone's sister the way people get so defensive. All those layups he made - he's not getting those shots in the NBA. He played well but it wasn't very representative of what he'll go against in the future.

Nowhere did I call Brad Dougherty a bust, I just don't want a player like that if there is a monster among the other choices.

Swishfm3
Member: #392
3/22/2015  9:43 AM
Hector wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

Quit acting like such a baby. Did I insult your hero or something?
Go buy his jersey, maybe that will feel better.

I mean, really. I don't think he's that athletic & he's never gonna get basket looks like he did yesterday.
...and What's wrong with Brad Dougherty? He was solid.

STOP THE PRESESS!!! OK4 missed a reverse dunk!!! He is no longer worthy of being the #1 pick in this year draft!!!

Anymore missed dunks and we may have to remove him out of the first round completely!!!!!!

I find it hard to believe that you are not a professional talent scout with all that great in-depth knowledge you possess.

TPercy
Member: #5748

3/22/2015  10:07 AM
Dunno why you are going like that on Hector, he is using that miss as an example that he is not as athletic as people perceive him to be, which you could definitly argue
The Future is Bright!
Hector

3/22/2015  11:51 AM
If he wants to idolize the guy, that's fine. I'd rather error on the side that says he won't be much at the NBA level.
If I'm wrong, so be it. If I made swimfan cry & bitch, that's a bonus.
BRIGGS
3/22/2015  12:22 PM
Hector wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I only used that missed dunk as an example of how I feel he isn't that athletic. You'd think I was talking bad about someone's sister the way people get so defensive. All those layups he made - he's not getting those shots in the NBA. He played well but it wasn't very representative of what he'll go against in the future.

Nowhere did I call Brad Dougherty a bust, I just don't want a player like that if there is a monster among the other choices.

I like Okafor--there are a LOT of really good bigs in this draft who will flood the NBA and make names for themselves over the next 3-4 years . My hope is we can get 2 of them. This is the most unusual big man draft in 20+ years if everyone come out.

RIP Crushalot😞
JrZyHuStLa
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1241

3/22/2015  1:01 PM
8 blocks and probably altered 5 more.

That's just nasty.

mreinman
Member: #3189

3/22/2015  1:09 PM
JrZyHuStLa wrote:8 blocks and probably altered 5 more.

That's just nasty.

who dat

so here is what phil is thinking ....
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

3/22/2015  1:16 PM
Hector wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

OK4 is very young, still- hard to anticipate what his eventual ceiling is athletically speaking, but he is not a tremendous leaper at this point in his development, and lacks defensive intensity in the games I've seen him play so far.

I actually linked OK4 and Dougherty in my mind at one point.

Daugherty had a better shooting touch from outside, was an excellent passer, but I can't picture his interior game in my mind.

He was also a sub-par shot blocker who only averaged more than 1.0 BPG, ONCE in his NBA career, and even in college he only averaged about 1/game. He averaged only .7 for his injury shortened career, which is pathetic for a man of his size. Luckily, he eventually had Larry Nance playing with him, and Nance was a good shot blocker.

Not sure what kind of man/man defender he was, but the Cavs had a few good defensive years while he was there.

Solid and consistent player.

I think the physical comparison between OK4 and Daugherty at this point is more than fair. Daugherty never had the interior moves that OK4 has at his young age, but the comparing them in terms of defensive presence is legitimate, and has to be of concern.

I don't think you can have OK4 at 5 and Anthony at 4 because it will lead to a porous interior D, and if you find a stud shot blocker with a limited offensive game to play at the 5, while OK4 is at the 4, and Anthony is at the 3, you still have some major perimeter D issues, especially considering the popularity of stretch 4's these days.

Have to consider this stuff, however much folks like OK4.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
BRIGGS
3/22/2015  1:16 PM
="JrZyHuStLa"]
8 blocks and probably altered 5 more.

That's just nasty.
[/quote]

No he didn't.I watched the whole game he scored 8 points somewhat early and blocked a few shots helping. He was just fair ysetrday. Lyle's and stein both played better imho

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
3/22/2015  1:25 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Hector wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Brad was okay, but not the career yoOkafornt with the #1 overall pick.

OK4 is very young, still- hard to anticipate what his eventual ceiling is athletically speaking, but he is not a tremendous leaper at this point in his development, and lacks defensive intensity in the games I've seen him play so far.

Daugherty had a better shooting touch from outside, was an excellent passer, but I can't picture his interior game in my mind.

He was also a sub-par shot blocker who only averaged more than 1.0 BPG, ONCE in his NBA career, and even in college he only averaged about 1/game. He averaged only .7 for his injury shortened career, which is pathetic for a man of his size. Luckily, he eventually had Larry Nance playing with him, and Nance was a good shot blocker.

Not sure what kind of man/man defender he was, but the Cavs had a few good defensive years while he was there.

I think the physical comparison between OK4 and Daugherty at this point is more than fair. Daugherty never had the interior moves that OK4 has at his young age, but the comparing them in terms of defensive presence is legitimate, and has to be of concern.

I don't think you can have OK4 at 5 and Anthony at 4 because it will lead to a porous interior D, and if you find a stud shot blocker with a limited offensive game to play at the 5, while OK4 is at the 4, and Anthony is at the 3, you still have some major perimeter D issues, especially considering the popularity of stretch 4's these days.

Okafor will surprise in the NBA. Making generalizations that he will have no jump shot when he is 19 is absurd. I tend to look at him as unique and consistent. Something not even one other player in this draft can say. It is irrational and incredulous to draft based on Carmelo. It makes no sense. Its possible wit this injury caremlo will never be the same player. Walt this team needs pieces 1 by 1 we are that bad. We need talent and we can't take risks right now. Let's see what okafor does today against a very athletic and aggressive San Diego state who has the ability to beat duke

RIP Crushalot😞
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

3/22/2015  1:49 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Hector wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Okafor will surprise in the NBA. Making generalizations that he will have no jump shot when he is 19 is absurd. I tend to look at him as unique and consistent. Something not even one other player in this draft can say. It is irrational and incredulous to draft based on Carmelo. It makes no sense. Its possible wit this injury caremlo will never be the same player. Walt this team needs pieces 1 by 1 we are that bad. We need talent and we can't take risks right now. Let's see what okafor does today against a very athletic and aggressive San Diego state who has the ability to beat duke

Not saying he won't have a jumper. Daugherty was a 70% FT shooter in college, and 75% in the NBA. I always look at that when assessing jump shots. At the very least, though, you have to consider the possibility that OK4 will have trouble with his jumper, unless you see differently in tryouts, and the issues he is going through right now are in his head.

I understand what you are saying about drafting based on Anthony, but as I've also pointed out, Phil is operating with a time framework that is not conducive to a 10 year plan. Unfortunate, but true. You are already imagining a post-Anthony future for the Knicks, Jackson does not have that luxury.

Just for the record:

1) I was against the original Anthony trade- if he wanted to be here he should have waited, and as it turned out, he through out the final year of that first contract, so in essence, we "signed" him as a FA AND game up all the assets we traded for him, AND used our amnesty provision on a player we picked up in the trade...something we could have used on Amare. That trade, and the Bargs trade were killers as far as developing a team in the way YOU (and myself) want to develop it.

2) I was against the second Anthony contract, especially after Phil talked tough. If I was Jackson I would have walked if Dolan came in to tell me I had to give Anthony what he wanted. Phil had the gravitas and rep to threaten resignation. On the other hand, if Jackson did the new contract all on his own without pushing from Dolan, he is a fool.

If you wanted the rebuild that the you really want, you would have done a sign & trade with Anthony for picks and prospects, I assume.

Do you really think that creating a defensive dinosaur with OK4 and Anthony at the 5 and 4 will work? But that is what you will have to do if you draft without considering Anthony's status.

You are stuck with Anthony, who will almost certainly have to play the 4 very soon, unless you want to have him struggling at the 3 and OK4 chasing around 6'9" stretch 4s on the perimeter.

I don't disagree with you on certain things... just have to take a realpolitik view of where this team stands and how Phil is going to have to do things as we progress.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
BRIGGS
3/22/2015  1:59 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Hector wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Not saying he won't have a jumper. Daugherty was a 70% FT shooter in college, and 75% in the NBA. I always look at that when assessing jump shots. At the very least, though, you have to consider the possibility that OK4 will have trouble with his jumper, unless you see differently in tryouts, and the issues he is going through right now are in his head.

I understand what you are saying about drafting based on Anthony, but as I've also pointed out, Phil is operating with a time framework that is not conducive to a 10 year plan. Unfortunate, but true. You are already imagining a post-Anthony future for the Knicks, Jackson does not have that luxury.

Just for the record:

1) I was against the original Anthony trade- if he wanted to be here he should have waited, and as it turned out, he through out the final year of that first contract, so in essence, we "signed" him as a FA AND game up all the assets we traded for him, AND used our amnesty provision on a player we picked up in the trade...something we could have used on Amare. That trade, and the Bargs trade were killers as far as developing a team in the way YOU (and myself) want to develop it.

2) I was against the second Anthony contract, especially after Phil talked tough. If I was Jackson I would have walked if Dolan came in to tell me I had to give Anthony what he wanted. Phil had the gravitas and rep to threaten resignation. On the other hand, if Jackson did the new contract all on his own without pushing from Dolan, he is a fool.

If you wanted the rebuild that the you really want, you would have done a sign & trade with Anthony for picks and prospects, I assume.

Do you really think that creating a defensive dinosaur with OK4 and Anthony at the 5 and 4 will work? But that is what you will have to do if you draft without considering Anthony's status.

You are stuck with Anthony, who will almost certainly have to play the 4 very soon, unless you want to have him struggling at the 3 and OK4 chasing around 6'9" stretch 4s on the perimeter.

I don't disagree with you on certain things... just have to take a realpolitik view of where this team stands and how Phil is going to have to do things as we progress.

Walt what we gave up for Carmelo where Carmelo plays etc has no bearing on just getting the best player can get. I'm sure you've read about Carmelo's injury there is risk he will never be the same. The draft is pretty simple just get is the best player or players we can get not based on position size anything. Simple BPA

RIP Crushalot😞
Official 2015 NBA Knick Draft Thread....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy