[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Official 2015 NBA Knick Draft Thread....
Author Thread
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

3/17/2015  1:51 PM
smackeddog wrote:
FistOfOakley wrote:lottery night is going to be even more important... if we get #4 i am going to be depressed...

We are going to get the 4th- I can feel it in my bones!

I love when people can "feel" odds ...

We have a very good chance of getting the 4th pick but I just can't feel it.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
AUTOADVERT
Splat
Member: #5862

3/17/2015  2:09 PM
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
FistOfOakley wrote:lottery night is going to be even more important... if we get #4 i am going to be depressed...

When I feel my bone I get an odd feeling too. Right thread?

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
mreinman

3/17/2015  3:28 PM
Splat wrote:
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

oy vey

RonRon
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #246
3/17/2015  3:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/17/2015  3:52 PM
mreinman wrote:
Splat wrote:
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

oy vey

In the case of the 4th pick, assuming Mudiay would be the highest potential talent, I would see what combinations we can get with combinations of talents from 1st rounders, 2nd rounders, draft rights to players, young players in cookie contract, sign and trade players, and guys that are in cap friendly deals, while we still have trade exemptions on draft night

mreinman

3/17/2015  3:41 PM
RonRon wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Splat wrote:
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

oy vey

In the case of the 4th pick, assuming Mudiay would be the highest potential talent, I would see what combinations we can get with combinations of talents from 1st rounders, 2nd rounders, draft rights to players, young players in cookie contract, sign and trade players, and guys that are in cap friendly deals, while we still have trade exemptions on draft night

I think that I would just pick Stein.

RonRon
Member: #246
3/17/2015  3:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/17/2015  4:01 PM
mreinman wrote:
RonRon wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Splat wrote:
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

oy vey

Though Mudiay could be compared to John Wall on draft nigh with less athleticism, speed/quickness/and stregnth, probably better shot, Wall is improved in all area's of his game since and we do not know if Mudiay will develop in to that type of player that in general isn't what we want our PG to be in this system as a #1 need

There could be possible trade partners like with Philly for multiple draft picks in this draft and next
Denver for players like Jovic (draft rights drafted last year in early/mid 2nd round that is compared to a young Vucevic), Wilson Chandler (cap friendly contract and expiring with team option that we could trade for a 1st rounder or 2 2nd rounders if we keep), Will Barton in a sign and trade if it is a cap friendly deal for 2-3years and team options for year 2/3, and multiple 1st and 2nd rounders, depending on where those selections are it would determine how many draft picks we get back in this summer and future draft picks
I do not think Nurcic will be available and will not trade for him with the 4th pick and not much in return for him either, as he it close to untouchable at this point for Denver's future....

Is there a market for CA and at what price we can get pick, while we just might have to admit that we can not build a contending team in the next year or even before he declines with this latest injury
While concentrating on development and training and using cap space to signing cap friendly deals that could be assets moving forward for draft picks/assets, young talents, and acquire draft picks with aquiring 1year expirings
See if we can package Calderon for a HIGHER salaried player for less years with more money, or more money with same years with draft picks (with the likely hood of getting another amnesty to use (MUST trade CA if we go this route since there is a chance that CA could be the next H20 and we would need to free up that cap space

Then while focusing on development and training, acquiring assets, preserve cap space and create a system/team identity while targetting multiple FA's in 2017 and maybe even 2018, realizing it will be a 2-3year plan to get back on track, with all the young talent we will be developing, signing, and still continue to acquire/rotate in the next couple of years....

I thought Stein too
But though there would be some comparable talents, however, feel from pick to 12-14, there will be comparable talents in other positions that would fall, from 4-12, so it really depends on what our bidders be willing to pay, especially teams like Philly and Boston with multiple picks over 20 picks in the next upcoming years and this draft...

While I think Stein will be a solid defender/rebounder, he is the final piece or one of the last pieces you want to have, and not exactly the talent with a HIGH ceiling

mreinman

3/17/2015  4:03 PM
RonRon wrote:
mreinman wrote:
RonRon wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Splat wrote:
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

oy vey

Though Mudiay could be compared to John Wall on draft nigh with less athleticism, speed/quickness/and stregnth, probably better shot, Wall is improved in all area's of his game since and we do not know if Mudiay will develop in to that type of player that in general isn't what we want our PG to be in this system as a #1 need

There could be possible trade partners like with Philly for multiple draft picks in this draft and next
Denver for players like Jovic (draft rights drafted last year in early/mid 2nd round that is compared to a young Vucevic), Wilson Chandler (cap friendly contract and expiring with team option that we could trade for a 1st rounder or 2 2nd rounders if we keep), Will Barton in a sign and trade if it is a cap friendly deal for 2-3years and team options for year 2/3, and multiple 1st and 2nd rounders, depending on where those selections are it would determine how many draft picks we get back in this summer and future draft picks
I do not think Nurcic will be available and will not trade for him with the 4th pick and not much in return for him either, as he it close to untouchable at this point for Denver's future....

Is there a market for CA and at what price we can get pick, while we just might have to admit that we can not build a contending team in the next year or even before he declines with this latest injury
While concentrating on development and training and using cap space to signing cap friendly deals that could be assets moving forward for draft picks/assets, young talents, and acquire draft picks with aquiring 1year expirings
See if we can package Calderon for a HIGHER salaried player for less years with more money, or more money with same years with draft picks (with the likely hood of getting another amnesty to use (MUST trade CA if we go this route since there is a chance that CA could be the next H20 and we would need to free up that cap space

Then while focusing on development and training, acquiring assets, preserve cap space and create a system/team identity while targetting multiple FA's in 2017 and maybe even 2018, realizing it will be a 2-3year plan to get back on track, with all the young talent we will be developing, signing, and still continue to acquire/rotate in the next couple of years....

I thought Stein too
But though there would be some comparable talents, however, feel from pick to 12-14, there will be comparable talents in other positions that would fall, from 4-12, so it really depends on what our bidders be willing to pay, especially teams like Philly and Boston with multiple picks over 20 picks in the next upcoming years and this draft...

While I think Stein will be a solid defender/rebounder, he is the final piece or one of the last pieces you want to have, and not exactly the talent with a HIGH ceiling

If we were at #4 and mudiay was still on the board, I would not pick him but I would certainly be opened to trade the pick.

TPercy
Member: #5748

3/17/2015  8:02 PM
If we get #4 I'd look to package that, THJR and Larkin for a pick where we can get Stein, Christmas and Devin Booker and a 2nd pick.
The Future is Bright!
mreinman

3/17/2015  10:41 PM
TPercy wrote:If we get #4 I'd look to package that, THJR and Larkin for a pick where we can get Stein, Christmas and Devin Booker and a 2nd pick.

hahaha! TRADE RAPE ... TRADE RAPE

Stein maybe the 4th pick .... how do you intend to steal him and all those other goodies?

rubyz2
Member: #2307

3/19/2015  12:38 PM
I think of Stein as a game changer and would be thrilled to have him at 4. Think Rodman or better yet Revis Island. If he can take an opponent's best player at any position out of the game, I think that is plenty of bang for the buck. With Melo on the same floor, his offensive production is not really an issue.
TPercy

3/19/2015  8:21 PM
mreinman wrote:
TPercy wrote:If we get #4 I'd look to package that, THJR and Larkin for a pick where we can get Stein, Christmas and Devin Booker and a 2nd pick.

Stein maybe the 4th pick .... how do you intend to steal him and all those other goodies?

How is Stein a 4th pick? I don't see him being drafted in the top ten at all.

The Future is Bright!
mreinman

3/19/2015  8:30 PM
TPercy wrote:
mreinman wrote:

if the draft was today then I think that he would go 4 or 5.

TPercy

3/19/2015  8:41 PM
mreinman wrote:
TPercy wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I wouldn't be to sure about that. Yes he has elite NBA defense potential, but he is a torrid FT shooter, clumsy/error prone at times and has no range. This is looking at him in general rather than looking at what he could bring to this team.
The Future is Bright!
mreinman

3/19/2015  8:43 PM
TPercy wrote:
mreinman wrote:
TPercy wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I wouldn't be to sure about that. Yes he has elite NBA defense potential, but he is a torrid FT shooter, clumsy/error prone at times and has no range. This is looking at him in general rather than looking at what he could bring to this team.

he is all that you say but his defense is great, he is a crazy athlete, and he actually has nice touch with more offensive potential than people think.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

3/19/2015  8:47 PM
I think most have Mudiay and Stanley Johnson(my 4th) higher than Stein. Some may even take a chance on the two Euro's. It just depends. I think measurements and workouts will tip the scales one way or another for teams picking players outside the top 3.
mreinman

3/19/2015  8:49 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:I think most have Mudiay and Stanley Johnson(my 4th) higher than Stein. Some may even take a chance on the two Euro's. It just depends. I think measurements and workouts will tip the scales one way or another for teams picking players outside the top 3.

tourny will count too.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

3/19/2015  9:02 PM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:I think most have Mudiay and Stanley Johnson(my 4th) higher than Stein. Some may even take a chance on the two Euro's. It just depends. I think measurements and workouts will tip the scales one way or another for teams picking players outside the top 3.

tourny will count too.

True.

Did anyone see the Arizona game? I saw highlights and it looked like Stanley had a big game. I would settle for him playing a Draymond Green role for the knicks. The kid body type is very Lebron like if his USA basketball numbers hold true. 6'6.75 w/o shoes and 243lbs as and won't turn 19 until may. His athleticism and skill would be like a bigger Kawhi Leonard minus the length.

mreinman

3/19/2015  9:10 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

tourny will count too.

True.

Did anyone see the Arizona game? I saw highlights and it looked like Stanley had a big game. I would settle for him playing a Draymond Green role for the knicks. The kid body type is very Lebron like if his USA basketball numbers hold true. 6'6.75 w/o shoes and 243lbs as and won't turn 19 until may. His athleticism and skill would be like a bigger Kawhi Leonard minus the length.

I don't think that I have ever seen him play. So obviously I should not be judging him and he could obviously go ahead of Stein

TPercy

3/19/2015  9:25 PM
mreinman wrote:
TPercy wrote:
mreinman wrote:
TPercy wrote:
mreinman wrote:

he is all that you say but his defense is great, he is a crazy athlete, and he actually has nice touch with more offensive potential than people think.

Interesting statement, I have nothing to do tonight so I will be monitoring watching stein a little more closely

The Future is Bright!
FistOfOakley
Member: #3075

3/19/2015  10:11 PM
stein's a bit overrated defensively.... he wasn't really an anchor last year or the year before...
Official 2015 NBA Knick Draft Thread....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy