[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Official 2015 NBA Knick Draft Thread....
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/14/2015  12:59 PM
Finestrg wrote:Jon Horford = 6'10" 250, only 23 years old. Mobile and he's got a little jump-shot. Donovan likes him. Has never really played a ton, even when he was with Michigan. Wouldn't surprise me if he went to the DL, started putting up 15/10/1.5+ type numbers and became a Gatorade callup candidate one day.

Hell get his c hance remember some florida big men have done well in portsmouth and the nba lee and parsons keep an eye on jameel warney a guy I brought up earlier I have him 41 on my mock

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
3/14/2015  2:20 PM
So out of OK4, Towns and Russell, who complements Melo the best and who the least?

I watched the OK4 game yesterday- first time I've watched a full game of him. The way he can put the ball in the net is almost mystical, However my concerns were that there that he seemed to hold the ball a lot (which wouldn't be a problem if it was just him, but putting him on a team with Melo doing likewise, and suddenly I worry about our offensive flow). Also his defense was worse than I expected- I know he has a bad rap, but it was honestly some of the worst D I've seen by a centre since Eddy Curry. Amazing scorer, however- fun to watch.

BRIGGS
3/14/2015  2:48 PM
smackeddog wrote:So out of OK4, Towns and Russell, who complements Melo the best and who the least?

I watched the OK4 game yesterday- first time I've watched a full game of him. The way he can put the ball in the net is almost mystical, However my concerns were that there that he seemed to hold the ball a lot (which wouldn't be a problem if it was just him, but putting him on a team with Melo doing likewise, and suddenly I worry about our offensive flow). Also his defense was worse than I expected- I know he has a bad rap, but it was honestly some of the worst D I've seen by a centre since Eddy Curry. Amazing scorer, however- fun to watch.

I think people are mistaking okafor for a 5 when he's a 4. Duke woukd play better jn the playoffs with plumlee at 5 okafor at 4. If anything I think okafor playing hurt has risen back up to pick#1
RIP Crushalot😞
smackeddog
3/14/2015  2:58 PM
Hmm, not really a good game from Towns today.
blkexec
Member: #748
3/14/2015  4:38 PM
smackeddog wrote:Hmm, not really a good game from Towns today.

Man, this year is tough. There's no clear cut #1 pick. OK4 has the size of a 5, and (in my opinion) too slow to guard 4's.
OK4 defense has looked bad, but it could be due to his injury. With all of his flaws, he's still the best prospect coming out of the draft, which doesn't say a lot about the others. He's the only one I've seen that demands a double team. But I think thats a knock on the draft class. This draft is hard to project, because the top picks are based on potential.

Towns might not be worth a #1 pick right now, but he has everything we need in a post player, playing along side Melo. His development to reach his potential is an issue. Since Kentucky is so deep, Towns doesn't get the same PT as OK4. So it's hard to see Towns as a go to guy, demanding the ball and working the offense through him. I still like Towns potential on defense as a shot blocker, rebounder and shooting touch, especially on his free throws. Thats nice for a guy his size.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Splat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5862

3/14/2015  4:52 PM
smackeddog wrote:So out of OK4, Towns and Russell, who complements Melo the best and who the least?

The Eddy Curry reference is interesting. There was a stretch of about a season and a half where Curry was a true load on offense. He had some of the best hands around the rim I've ever seen for a man that enormous. He truly was a great offensive talent.

We know the rest. His defense sucked, he didn't board like he should and he wasn't much for the offense aside from scoring by himself. And he had serious baggage.

Anyway, Okafor's offensive game has some things in common to Curry's, particular the way they can manuever from 10 feet out and score with real dexterity in traffic. I know some people will say Curry was garbage, but for a period of time he was one of the top 3 offensive centers in the NBA.

I'm not saying Okafor is going to be like that, but I've seen this story before and I don't presume to know who will pan out before they play a single game in the NBA.

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
FistOfOakley
Member: #3075

3/15/2015  12:37 AM
Selection Sunday tomorrow... here is how i have it now:

I think Towns has done enough to separate himself from Russell and Okafor.. Despite what some think.. he is safe to be an elite center in the league as soon as next year...
1. Karl Anthony Towns

These two are dealing with minor leg injuries it seems... they are not too much a threat to upend Towns unless Okafor starts blocking lots of shots...
2. DeAngelo Russell
3. Jahlil Okafor

The difference between Okafor and Portis is bigger than the difference between Portis and Stanley Johnson.. it's very close after the top 3 and that's why you see alot of different names behind the top 3 in a lot of mocks... Portis is a safe good starter type which is why he ranks higher than the others but it's not by much...
4. Bobby Portis
5. Myles Turner
6. Delon Wright
7. Kris Dunn
8. Emmanuel Mudiay
9. Jakob Poeltl
10. Christian Wood
11. Willie Cauley Stein

The draft is very light at the SG/SF position.. these guys are probably the only ones that can be something interesting at the next level and Oubre and Winslow are coming on strong as of late... Both could be in the top 10 with a strong tourney... Johnson has tailed off a lot after a strong early part of the year...
12. Kelly Oubre
13. Justise Winslow
14. Stanley Johnson

These guys represent very solid big men who have a good chance at being rotation guys....
15. Cliff Alexander
16. Montrezl Harrell
17. AJ Hammons
18. Jordan Mickey

Some interesting names with some flaws but enough reason for optimism for them to be able to make it in the pros... Kaminsky is interesting and he could be very good depending on where he lands... or he could be another Danny Ferry...
19. Cameron Payne
20. Frank Kaminsky
21. Denzel Livingston
22. Jerian Grant
23. Terry Rozier
24. Rakeem Christmas
25. Shawn Long

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

3/15/2015  12:42 AM
Sad part about eddy is the guy is still only 32.. He could still be a offensive force if he had little work ethic..I mean look at zack Randolph that fat f*** can ball and it's because he is determined and plays angry... If eddy played angry and with energy like Zach he'd still be in the NBA and for how weak the center position is in the NBA... It goes to show you how stupid eddy is he could will be making millions if he put in 25 percent effort instead of zero.
Splat
Member: #5862

3/15/2015  1:13 AM
fitzfarm wrote:Sad part about eddy is the guy is still only 32.. He could still be a offensive force if he had little work ethic..I mean look at zack Randolph that fat f*** can ball and it's because he is determined and plays angry... If eddy played angry and with energy like Zach he'd still be in the NBA and for how weak the center position is in the NBA... It goes to show you how stupid eddy is he could will be making millions if he put in 25 percent effort instead of zero.

It really is a shame. I remember sitting up and going oooh and ahhh at some of the things he did. I really think he had some of the best natural finishing at the rim talent for a big man I've ever seen. He had this uncanny knack with the ball when going up against defenders. There was magic in his hands at close range that was intuitive and something almost no guys his size have. He really could have been totally unstoppable. But he didn't give a crap, so nobody remembers the good things he did briefly.

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
BRIGGS
3/15/2015  2:02 PM
If you have a quality interior offensive 4 and draft stein that would be his optimum situation
RIP Crushalot😞
TPercy
Member: #5748

3/15/2015  3:06 PM
Who has the better backourt?
Kentucky or Duke?
The Future is Bright!
FistOfOakley

3/15/2015  3:45 PM
duke by a mile.......
TPercy

3/15/2015  10:21 PM
FistOfOakley wrote:duke by a mile.......

By a mile?
Kentucky have a really good guard in Devin Booker, they have the Harrison Twins and Tyler Eullis is really good just too short.

The Future is Bright!
BRIGGS
3/15/2015  10:23 PM
TPercy wrote:

By a mile?
Kentucky have a really good guard in Devin Booker, they have the Harrison Twins and Tyler Eullis is really good just too short.

Kentcuky has very under rated backcourt--theyre the guys who score! It will take a great effort to beat Kentucky. I am going against the grain--but it will have to be a VIllanova type game.

RIP Crushalot😞
TPercy

3/15/2015  10:26 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
TPercy wrote:

By a mile?

Kentcuky has very under rated backcourt--theyre the guys who score! It will take a great effort to beat Kentucky. I am going against the grain--but it will have to be a VIllanova type game.

So you do agree that their backcourt is on the level of Duke and possibly even better
The Future is Bright!
FistOfOakley

3/15/2015  10:42 PM
tyus jones, cook and winslow are very good.... they make the spacing work....

harrisons take too many shots... booker is their best shooter... they just do not make good decisions with the ball and they win because of their defense and how they dominate in the paint...

TPercy

3/15/2015  10:46 PM
Winslow can't be considered in the backcourt since he plays as a SF/PF
The Future is Bright!
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/17/2015  12:47 PM
I can't wait to post on this thread on draft night. It's going to be better than the Super Bowl
FistOfOakley

3/17/2015  1:03 PM
lottery night is going to be even more important... if we get #4 i am going to be depressed...
smackeddog
3/17/2015  1:42 PM
FistOfOakley wrote:lottery night is going to be even more important... if we get #4 i am going to be depressed...

We are going to get the 4th- I can feel it in my bones!

Official 2015 NBA Knick Draft Thread....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy