[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Official 2015 NBA Knick Draft Thread....
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/27/2015  9:09 PM
FistOfOakley wrote:wow... phil making the rounds...

http://theknicksblog.com/knicks/phil-jackson-at-kentucky-for-two-days/

encouraging...

I just shed a tear of joy

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/2/2015  5:10 PM
RonRon wrote:Harvey doesn't look like he has the speed, quickness or physical ablities needed to be a NBA starter any time soon

Would much rather take my chances on Seth Curry than this kid, especially if we need to use any sort of pick on him on this drarft

True, but to be honest, everyone said the said things about Seth Curry. At least this dude has height going for him.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
FistOfOakley
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3075

3/4/2015  6:56 PM
interesting article about mudiay in china.. seems like he came back for 2 games for their playoffs and looked impressive...

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/assessing-the-emmanuel-mudiay-experiment-in-china/

still not sure what to think of him.... pgs tend to develop much later in their careers and his shot looks broken to me...

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

3/4/2015  10:33 PM
whiteside with 25 rebounds in 32 minutes and we picked up Jason Smith and sweet lou.

NICE!

so here is what phil is thinking ....
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

3/4/2015  11:03 PM
Wrong thread.
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/6/2015  11:54 AM
Latest Bleacher report mock:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2384082-2015-nba-mock-draft-projecting-all-30-first-round-picks-in-early-march

RonRon
Member: #246
3/6/2015  12:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/6/2015  1:01 PM
mreinman wrote:whiteside with 25 rebounds in 32 minutes and we picked up Jason Smith and sweet lou.

NICE!

Whiteside would be one of my targets along with Durant with our rise of our cap for an extra 20million to spend, a reason I think we need to offer many cap friendly deals and short terms deals that are 2year and 3year deals that are TEAM OPTIONS for their final years

Whiteside simply fits in with how we want to play in the Triangle, while drafting a player like Towns, Russell, and even OK4 would be fits
Our pick this summer will be one of our pieces moving forward in the next decade

If we can somehow add a couple more picks, especially TOP 10, with the strength of this draft, I am all for it for it
Like moving CA and his contract to a contender like Houston
And using some of our salary cap to absorb contracts to acquire TOP picks in this draft and in future drafts, along with moving CA, and taking some younger players in a deal for CA to Houston, who would likely own New Orlean's 1st rounder this season and our 3 2nd round picks starting with this summer, on TOP OF THAT they have contracts in

DMO
Terrence Jones

Both these guys above have great potential to be the 2nd tier STAR's and will be in their rookie contracts, both fit in with the Triangle and will have trade value

Koustas PAP *unguaranteed 5m contract with 2 more years*
Corey Brewer could be moveable with the addition of KJ McDaniels and could be moved to a contender

All of these players above could be moved in the future or right away, like Denver has done when they traded CA to us

Maybe Lakers consider trading Lakers Kobe Bryant to New York along with their TOP pick this summer, though I don't even think that is enough to take on a contract that is 22m as an expiring
Another gamble would be trading Calderon and NON GUARANTEED contracts to Bulls for Derrick Rose who has the same amount of years as Calderon but with 2years of contracts above 20million and they have multiple picks in this draft and future drafts to be used if they want to save money and offer a MAX contract to keep Jimmy Butler, Gasol, Noah, to initiate their OFFENSE, and Gibson/Mirotic off their bench
They already have a team option that is also non guaranteed as a steal in E'Twaun Moore, Tony Snell, McBucccets on cheap deals, while still have the FULL MLE to offer to continue to improve
Though Aaron Brooks will be a UFA, Thibs have shown they have the ability to sign vet min PG's and get top notch production in them

John Lucas III and CJ Watson
Nate Robinson
DJ Augstine
Aaron Brooks

Calderon's ability to be the 2ndary ball handler and shoot in a team with HIGH IQ as the 4th or 5th option wouldn't be that bad as all
While the addition of Gasol, Butler, and Noah have proven that they could take a higher load of responsibility to innitiate the offense on a high %, especially with Butler's size at SG with his development of the 3pt shot, FT attempts, and make good cuts to overpower any SG in 1v1 situations with players to spread the floor

The POST is where we want to initiate the OFFENSE, while we need multiple threats in multiple positions in order to execute the Triangle effectively
If we draft Russell, OK4, or Towns, finding them a mentor on the court and the development/coaching staff to help reach their potential would be important with patitence
With players such as Andre Miller for Russell and Ron Harper/Billups as develpment staff

For OK4 and Town, a player such as Alex Ajinca and a development staff like Rasheed Wallace/Jermaine Oneail would fit in greatly

Now if we can add a few 1st rounders, a few promising players could be

Justise Winslow being Jimmy Butler *prior to his development with Rose our with the same potential*

Mario Hezonja as a BIG SG and with skills similar to Manu Ginobili/James Harden/ a quicker Gallo that allows to play the SG/SF

Frank Kaminsky as a Pau Gasol but needs to work on his strength/conditioning/mobility/athleticism that is extremely skilled for a 7footer with LEGIT 3pt range

Willie Stein as a Tyson Chandler clone

Of course OK4, Towns, Russell would be great if we can draft 2 of these players, but is unlikely

Now for later 1st rounders and even possible fall to the 2nd round

Rakeem Christmas - comparable to Taj Gibson
Dakari Johnson who's skills are hidden/under rated with the talent of Kentuckey with much potential as well
Christian Wood - who could similar to Alex Ajinca and would need 2-3years before he can play if he works hard to develop his game and put in the time in the gym/weight room

Terry Rozier if he falls to the 2nd round, who has a bit of Eric Bledsoe type of potential in him
Robert Upshaw and his ability to rebound/block shots right away, could be at least a player with his low being Joel Prizbilla/Steven Adams who was a SOLID STARTER/under rated and could be a higher upside if he develops his OFFENSIVE game, but he has a NBA ready body and the ability to rebound/block shots at a NBA level with a NBA body

Then there is also our own Weschester Knicks

Thanasis with a very high upside that could be a lockdown/versatile defender and if he continues to improve his 3pt shot, could have a similar impact/role like Ariza did with the Lakers as he continues to improve as work ethic, character, toughness/motor, while he could probably be used to defend the PG/SG to initate our DEFENSE with him harrassing to PG's with his length/size/athleticism/energy similar to how Iman Shumpert did it prior to his knee surgery in his rookie year with higher upside

Galloway - our own Beverely in some ways and his ability to play PG/SG as a rotational player with the ability to continue to improve, add in a Billups/Ron Harper to help his continue to transition the play the PG in our system just as long as we have true #1 and #2 post options at all star level to initate our offense

Orlando Sanchez - his game FITS RIGHT in, comparable to Jared Sullinger/Channing Frye/AB with skills in the POST, Mid Post, passing ability/3pt range, mid range shot, and like Galloway/Thanasis could be signed for the MINIMUM to a 3year deal while all 3 of these players allows us spend the money to target ALL STAR talent players in the upcoming years *not necessarily used in this summer if we need to overpay in order to acquire talents

would much rather focus on development/try to trade our contracts in CA to a contender, especially to Houston, who is a realistic fit for all Houston, CA, and NYK's, in addition to their picks, they have multiple younger talents that would be needed to match some salary in Terence Jones/DMO *both of which will have good trade value/potential moving forward in ROOKIE CONTRACTS, then maybe Brewer *could be shipped out to a contender*/Beverely *sign and trade*, Koustas PAP and is 5m unguaranteed contract that we could try to ship out for a 2nd rounder or just cut

Add in New Orlean's draft pick this summer, 3 2nd rounders that are NYK's that we traded away, in 3 consecetive years starting with this summer *which will be a TOP 2nd rounder*

I hope we are able to get a combination of the above for CA, willing to throw in Tim Hardaway JR or some of our other players like Jason Smith if needed for CA so Hosuton and Morey gets their BIG 3 along with multiple defenders in Ariza, D12, Josh Smith, KJ McDaniels, whoever they keep, and they still have the 6m MLE to use on 1 or 2 players, along with vet mins that will sign to a Championship cotneder that has no STATE TAX

Besides for this summers 1st rounder, Houston owns all of their 1st rounders, so they could trade 1st round picks starting with 2017 draft and after

Splat
Member: #5862

3/8/2015  12:55 PM
RonRon, when you're busy typing a novel, do you by any chance listen to Billy Idol's "Posting With Myself"?
I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
RonRon
Member: #246
3/12/2015  11:38 AM
Splat wrote:RonRon, when you're busy typing a novel, do you by any chance listen to Billy Idol's "Posting With Myself"?

I voted for NO, for banning you, please don't troll me... though you may be right

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/12/2015  2:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/12/2015  3:01 PM
Tyler Harvey on fuego!!! He already has 7 3s. He got hurt pretty bad a month ago but looks like he is healthy now. Ended with 42 scary player come NCAA time if they make it.
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
3/12/2015  3:03 PM
St Johns getting smothered.
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
3/12/2015  7:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/12/2015  8:05 PM
Zeek Woodley 34-10 14/17 from the field. NWST wins
RIP Crushalot😞
Splat
Member: #5862

3/12/2015  7:40 PM
RonRon wrote:
Splat wrote:RonRon, when you're busy typing a novel, do you by any chance listen to Billy Idol's "Posting With Myself"?

I voted for NO, for banning you, please don't troll me... though you may be right

It was my way of asking about your epic posts and whether your objective was to get a response. They are so vast. You're like Tolstoy.

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
BRIGGS
3/12/2015  11:16 PM
Watched Uconn then UNLV--Ill say this UNLV might be out but Christian Wood's draft stock just went 5-8 spaces higher into the late lottery 9-14. Hes not ready but how can anyone not notice what he has at 7 feet tall? Once he gets stronger and fills out hes going to be a nightmare in the pro's to guard if he plays a mobile 5.
RIP Crushalot😞
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/13/2015  12:40 PM
Watching Michigan/Wisconsin right now for the Big 10 quarterfinals. Man, Kaminsky is the perfect C for the triangle. His skillset is very Pau Gasol like.
smackeddog
3/13/2015  1:09 PM
Just out of interest, I know we're pretty much all agreed on the top 4 players (OK4, Towns, Russell, Mudiay), but if the worst comes to the worst, what is everyones picks for the 5 to 7 spots?
FistOfOakley

3/13/2015  1:28 PM
i don't think mudiay is 4 at all.. he might be closer to 7....

i like portis, wood, turner, wright, mudiay in some order after the top 3....

smackeddog
3/13/2015  1:31 PM
FistOfOakley wrote:i don't think mudiay is 4 at all.. he might be closer to 7....

i like portis, wood, turner, wright, mudiay in some order after the top 3....

I think BRIGGs liked Portis and Wood too- I'll go check them out. Would you say they are more likely to be serviceable starters than anything else? I'm just trying to get a feel for the depth of this draft. Some of the players listed in mock drafts I'm not a fan of at all- Porzingis has bust written all over him.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/13/2015  1:47 PM
5th pick I'd go in order:
Portis
Kaminsky
Super Mario
FistOfOakley

3/13/2015  2:00 PM
portis is the safest choice.. he's going to be like markieff morris... probably end up a little better... and i like him the best out of everyone else...
wright i like but no one else seems to like him... he's going to be solid right off the bat... something like george hill with more upside...
wood, turner and mudiay are not safe choices by any stretch... they all have some question marks but could also be stars in their own right...
Official 2015 NBA Knick Draft Thread....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy