[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Official 2015 NBA Knick Draft Thread....
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/20/2015  12:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/20/2015  1:08 PM
Knicks odds of NOT getting top pick is 75%!

WHile Okafor at this time is the consensus top pick we might want to discuss the top pick for us might be.

Phil's legacy is due in part by Jordan, taken no. 3 behine Bowie and Hakeem the Dream, and Kobe who was taken at the 13th pick out of high school.
Nobody saw Michael as the savior even in college. A special player no doubt but few if any had him labeled "GOAT"!!! Kobe? He needed a few years to fill out and get his mind right (that part took a while!) but if anyone can identify the traits it might be Phil.

Does He he Emmanual Mundiay as a special player? Kid is 6-5 and 200lbs. Does he hold the key to the triangle?
If so, can the Knick actually have the patience to develop him? Some call that "patience"!

Karl (melo)Anthony-Towns? The raw talent he can mold?

Thats top three. I think we get a good player in any scenario!

As a fan, who is your favorite! BTW, Im making a rule: You can change your mind as the college season progresses and tryouts into June. Mock Drafts are accountable!

Me, Im undecided!

AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
1/20/2015  1:32 PM
For me I hope by the time the draft comes, there are 4 legit players- that way we can relax. So can you amend this thread to people listing 4 players?
Nalod
USA
1/20/2015  1:36 PM
Im thinking after this year reform would make sense!!!!

Written by Tom Ziller via SB nation........

The tides of NBA draft lottery reform swept in over the summer as the Sixers continued their unprecedented institutional tank job, and swept right out when 13 franchises stunningly blocked a quick attempt by the league to neuter Philadelphia's approach. The league needed 23 teams to vote for lottery reform, but only got 17.

Now that we're halfway through the regular season, we have a pretty good idea which teams the reform refusal will affect in May when ping pong balls determine the 2015 NBA Draft order. And as it turns out, this season the only team that voted against reform and will benefit from its failure is ... the Sixers!

In all, four teams benefit from the failure of lottery reform. Assuming the standings hold, the Knicks' odds of landing No. 1 are more than doubled in the absence of lotto reform. The two worst teams (currently the Knicks and Wolves) are now guaranteed a top-five pick; under lottery reform, they'd have 56 percent odds at staying in the top five. The Sixers likewise have a somewhat better chance at No. 1 and a much, much better chance at the top five in the absence of lottery reform.

Perhaps the team that benefits most from the failure of lottery reform, though, is the Los Angeles Lakers, who lose their pick to Phoenix if it falls outside the top five. Currently, the Lakers are the fourth-worst team in the NBA. Under existing odds, if the standings hold, the Lakers have an 83 percent likelihood of keeping their pick. Had lottery reform passed, they would have had just a 56 percent probability of keeping their pick.

Hilariously, the Lakers voted for lottery reform and the Suns voted against it. The votes were likely made with the long term in mind, but considering the immediate implications, that's a funny distinction.

Six teams that would have directly benefited from lottery reform as of right now did vote for it: the Celtics, Magic, Pacers, Kings, Nuggets and Rockets. Perhaps they'll all try again next fall and hope that the Jazz, Pistons, Hornets, Thunder and Suns plus one more team join them.

It's unlikely the Sixers will put up as huge a fight in the future. A one- or two-year delay for lottery reform is all Sam Hinkie really needed to carry out his rebuild plan anyway.

Nalod
USA
1/20/2015  1:48 PM
smackeddog wrote:For me I hope by the time the draft comes, there are 4 legit players- that way we can relax. So can you amend this thread to people listing 4 players?

im sure by then the hype machine and mock threads will have begun to take shape and the list will narrow itself.

Odds per position

1st. 25%
2nd. 21.5%
3rd. 17.8%
4th. 35.7%

I think we need to discuss 4 picks as long as we in the basement!

FistOfOakley
Member: #3075

1/20/2015  2:21 PM
here's my board so far:

1. towns
2. okafor
3. myles turner
4. d'angelo russell
5. mudiay
6. delon wright - dunno why he doesn't get talked about as much
7. Stanley Johnson
8. wc stein
9. hollis Jefferson
10. Dakari Johnson

from my count it's 5-7 potential franchise cornerstones depending on how you feel about wright and Johnson... Turner needs the most work but also has the most upside...

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/20/2015  2:56 PM
I want Okafor, Towns, or Russell in that order. I guess i wouldn't be mad at getting Mundiay either, just don't know enough about him. Those are the 4 intriguing players to me who have star potential.
PhilinLA
Member: #696
1/20/2015  3:00 PM
Okafor, Towns, Russell/Mundiay.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

1/20/2015  3:11 PM
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:For me I hope by the time the draft comes, there are 4 legit players- that way we can relax. So can you amend this thread to people listing 4 players?

im sure by then the hype machine and mock threads will have begun to take shape and the list will narrow itself.

Odds per position

1st. 25%
2nd. 21.5%
3rd. 17.8%
4th. 35.7%

Can someone confirm -- what is the last pick we are guaranteed? 5th pick?

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

1/20/2015  3:12 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Odds per position

1st. 25%
2nd. 21.5%
3rd. 17.8%
4th. 35.7%

Can someone confirm -- what is the last pick we are guaranteed? 5th pick?

I think it is 4

so here is what phil is thinking ....
mreinman

1/20/2015  3:12 PM
I would like to trade this pick for Wilson Chandler
LivingLegend

1/20/2015  3:13 PM
Watch the Lakers get the #1 pick.

Or maybe worse -- we get the #1 and they get the #2.

We take Okafor who turns out to be E-Curry with some better conditioning and they take Towns who turns into Duncan.

Hate the Lakers.

LivingLegend

1/20/2015  3:14 PM
I've got.....

Okafor/Towns
Mudiay
WCS
S-Johnson

mreinman

1/20/2015  3:17 PM
its all gonna be based on the tournament. If towns shows up big in the tourny, he will jump ahead.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/20/2015  5:05 PM
If the Knicks get a late one soemhow--even # 30 Id love to see them promise this guy. This guy is going to be a weapon.

RIP Crushalot😞
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

1/20/2015  6:10 PM
BRIGGS wrote:If the Knicks get a late one soemhow--even # 30 Id love to see them promise this guy. This guy is going to be a weapon.

You might make mreinman fall in love.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/tyler-harvey-1.html

mreinman

1/20/2015  6:20 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:If the Knicks get a late one soemhow--even # 30 Id love to see them promise this guy. This guy is going to be a weapon.

wow! pretty freakin impressive. Can you really judge well enough against such weak competition?

The dude is shooting 9 threes a game and is hitting them at 48 percent! Holy sh1t! I think that he should not shoot more than 6 a game though cause he is shooting a higher percentage from 2 (53%) and we all know the 53 is better than 48 hahahaha

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

1/20/2015  6:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/20/2015  6:31 PM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

wow! pretty freakin impressive. Can you really judge well enough against such weak competition?

The dude is shooting 9 threes a game and is hitting them at 48 percent! Holy sh1t! I think that he should not shoot more than 6 a game though cause he is shooting a higher percentage from 2 (53%) and we all know the 53 is better than 48 hahahaha

Cough-davidson cough-stephcurry. Cough-lillard. I'm not saying but I'm just saying...

BRIGGS
1/20/2015  7:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/20/2015  8:29 PM
So far I am the belief

#1 Okafor--I hear a lot of btching about what he cant do--but then there is what he can do for his age which is out of this world. I think that he can improve in 3 areas I would say 90% chance of pick #1 it will be nearly impossible to bypass this player

a. He can run harder at times
b. While he seems svelt at 273 I think 263/264 might suit him better
c. He needs to be more aware and move his feet better on defense
And while hes 6-10.5 I really believe his position is true 4.

#2 Dangelo Russell(position #2 for me has gone back and forth with Russell and Towns) Right now I have Russell just a hair ahead. You have to really like this get albeit you would like to see more athletic ability but he might be the closest thing to Clyde since Clyde.

#3 Towns--boy I have wished that he just picks it up and stays there. I have to remember hes 19 but even at that age you want a guy to be consistent. He's one of two other players who has chance to be the number #1 pick besides Okafor but hes no where near that right now

#4 Bobby Portis--Yep he's the most under rated player in the draft at nearly 6-11 245 and only 19 he plays 2 way basketball he can really shoot it hes a nice post player and hes one of the better big men hybrid defenders who can also defend guards

#5 Kelly Oubre--its pretty simple Oubre has the goods to be a top 3 pick. He DOES have superior athleticism he can handle the ball like a PG hes got a beautiful touch on his shot hes a defender and a rebounder. He has a slim of rising and actually being the number 1 pick or top 3. Before the season started I thought he was the #1 player--but I also didnt know the Knicks would be 6-36. If it was me picking--depending on how the rest of the season goes--I might take him as high as 3. he jumped up on my mock to # 5 ahead of Mudiay at 6. He's also a guy who could drop into the 20's. He needs to have 25-10-5 games and play 35+ minutes with consistent play(meaning he needs to play to his potential to stay up here)

#6 Mudiay--What I see is Tyreke Evans--is that bad--not at all but I don't see the athletic ability that Oubre has he doesnt shoot it that well and he's going to be a bit of a mystery. Is he out of sight out of mind right now--yes. I think the Knicks might like him--and I wouldnt be surprised if the Knicks are behind him not playing in China again.
------------------------------------------------------

There are some good players down from here but this is my separation line.

I wont get into who I like at 8-16 unless we actually have a pick. Given the speculation we might have a pick around 23-28 I do like Harvey a lot if he even enters. I also like Troy Williams(reminds me of Paul George)Rakeem Christmas(Amare Studemire with defense) Dakari Johnson(im not sure but he plays fcking hard every game and hes 7-0 260)and my darkhorse Zeek Woodley. There are several 2nd rounders I like from Kris Dunn Denzel Livingston Brad Waldow Mike Quails Tyler Haws Zach Auguste etc.. I really believe if we buy a couple of 2nd rounders(and or find undrafted) we can score 3 prospects that might have first round talent to bring to SL to check out.
I think there is potential to bring 5 guys to SL and we have the roster spots need the cheap assets and are rebuilding.

RIP Crushalot😞
RonRon
Member: #246
1/20/2015  8:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/20/2015  8:33 PM
Harvey doesn't look like he has the speed, quickness or physical ablities needed to be a NBA starter any time soon

Would much rather take my chances on Seth Curry than this kid, especially if we need to use any sort of pick on him on this drarft

BRIGGS
1/20/2015  8:47 PM
This is Troy Williams by the way. Hes a SF for Indiana

RIP Crushalot😞
Official 2015 NBA Knick Draft Thread....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy