[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2015 MLK Game: Knicks vs Pelicans
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
1/19/2015  8:01 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:Finally! I want that number one pick as much as anyone, but a win every 17 games is still nice...

Agree. It was nice they finally got one.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

1/19/2015  8:04 PM
Nice to win but getting the top pick is much more important for our future than a few meaningless wins
Knicks1969
Member: #5915

1/19/2015  8:11 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:Finally! I want that number one pick as much as anyone, but a win every 17 games is still nice...

Agree. It was nice they finally got one.

U have to be kidding?

Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

1/19/2015  8:21 PM
D Fisher sounds like a dunce in the post game.
so here is what phil is thinking ....
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

1/19/2015  8:29 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:Nice to win but getting the top pick is much more important for our future than a few meaningless wins

I tend to agree, unless you are talking about a young team made up of your future starters, where their growing pains will help your franchise in the future.

Unfortunately, we had a lot of guys playing who are probably not going to be on the team after this year.

Watching Galloway, Harden, and Larkin develop is fun, but I would rater see all our young guys getting serious minutes- Wear, Acy, Early need to be observed to see if they have a future on the team.

Calderon doing well might help his trade value, but that is it. Felt good for Thomas and Amundson, but neither will probably be around after this year.

Play everyone 24 yrs old and younger 25 MPG and audition some D leagers.

Liked Thomas' energy, but shouldn't we see if the Greek can play in this league?

Things have to be looked at in context of rebuilding over the next 5 years- and as you say, a few wins now are meaningless.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
F500ONE
Member: #5844

1/19/2015  9:47 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:Nice to win but getting the top pick is much more important for our future than a few meaningless wins

I tend to agree, unless you are talking about a young team made up of your future starters, where their growing pains will help your franchise in the future.

Unfortunately, we had a lot of guys playing who are probably not going to be on the team after this year.

Watching Galloway, Harden, and Larkin develop is fun, but I would rater see all our young guys getting serious minutes- Wear, Acy, Early need to be observed to see if they have a future on the team.

Calderon doing well might help his trade value, but that is it. Felt good for Thomas and Amundson, but neither will probably be around after this year.

Liked Thomas' energy, but shouldn't we see if the Greek can play in this league?

Things have to be looked at in context of rebuilding over the next 5 years- and as you say, a few wins now are meaningless.

We have bigger goals in mind Son

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

1/19/2015  9:56 PM
As nice as Amdundson played there is no reason why 24 yr old Acy isn't out there.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/19/2015  10:14 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Jason Smith is so tankalicious

lol agree

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
WaltLongmire

1/19/2015  10:15 PM
F500ONE wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

We have bigger goals in mind Son

Strange decision, if true... and not exactly the kind of "rebuilding" I was thinking of.

Might have kept Amundson because he moves the ball around and can block shots and mix it up under the basket, but Thomas seems like somebody you could easily replace with a DL player- including our own Greek Freak.

He also competes for time with Early, who I would like to see on the court. If the Knicks are not going to play Cleanthony, I would like to see him getting 35+MPG with the Westchester team, like Galloway got. Unless he is hurt, the guy needs to play some serious minutes in game conditions.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire

1/19/2015  10:24 PM
Cartman718 wrote:

lol agree

Come on, now... the guy is not that bad.

He will do much better on a team that moves the ball around and gets him open looks.

Weak rebounder, not a bad passer, and he has a decent midrange shot.

I also think that Phil and Fisher like his game within their system.

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

1/19/2015  10:53 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

lol agree

He will do much better on a team that moves the ball around and gets him open looks.

His softness and lack of awareness on D is Out-FUCKING-RAGEOUS. I watched as guards consistantly got to the rim over him and He was outrebounded so much.
The Future is Bright!
WaltLongmire

1/19/2015  11:04 PM
TPercy wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

lol agree

His softness and lack of awareness on D is Out-FUCKING-RAGEOUS. I watched as guards consistantly got to the rim over him and He was outrebounded so much.

Yeah... he might be a bit soft for a guy his size. Not the worst 1/1 defender down low, but yes, his lateral quickness is less than stellar, and his rebounding is sub-pasr for a big man.

I actually see him as a very tall SF, to be honest.

Still think he has some value in a rotation. I think he gets more exposed in proportion to the minutes he plays.

I think we picked him up for offensive reasons- has a nice midrange shot and he does know how to pass the ball. He is coming off a knee problem, not sure how this has affected his game.

Not sure they want him back for next year. He, like many, is fighting for a spot on next year's roster.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/20/2015  9:20 AM
Glad to hear it, cant be fun for the players either.
2015 MLK Game: Knicks vs Pelicans

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy