[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

length athletiscm depth did in lakers-
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/16/2004  10:57 AM
ive never wavered from what i would like to see the knicks look like. a team with speed length athletiscm and a solid bench. when i look at our team, i dont see much in the way of a team who could compete DEFENSIVELY or have the overall team atheltsicm and speed to compete at the highest levels. To me it seems as if Isiah puts so much stock in marbury-as if he can win games by himself and we have just seen not only can you NOT do that you cant do it with the two best players. You need the 2-3 great players, but like almost every champ--you really need the quality depth. When I look at our main guys Houston Marbury T T I dont see one good defender--in fact if you want to cal Marbury a fair defensive player and h2O and TT poor you'd be right on. I still dont know where they are going with this team what the defined style of play is, or if this is just a pony show built to just make the playoffs to appease the ownership. Even though we have made more moves than teams make in 5 years last year--we still need quite a bit.
I know a few people are content with what we have--even saying we can win 50 games--i highly doubt it, but so what if we can anyway? look at the ages of KT H2O heck many of the players on our team. TT Marbury and Nazr are all in their prime years-but i dont think its a winning core at all.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
6/16/2004  11:12 AM
we don't know what zeke is going to do, briggs. he said it before that we need to be more athletic and big. he is delivering pieces and realized that the knick team in the beginning of the year had no hope. remember that detroit took awhile before they competed. they made some bold trades and viola, they are nba champions. isiah is not done and we will tweak this team until there is a banner or he is fired. we will definately see what card he will be playing this summer.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
6/16/2004  11:17 AM
didn't isiah makes moves to make us more athletic. dermarr johnson's signing is one. and the HUGE deal where we got rid of van horn and doleac and brought in tim and nazr. two moves that definitely made us more athletic. isiah expected a knicks team with steph, h20, AND tim to carry the offense in the playoffs. two went down with injury - how is that relying on steph to carry the load?

i don't get the pessimism, especially after 3 years of inept leadership from layden.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/16/2004  11:58 AM
marbs is athletic, TT and Naz are very long and athletic players as well as Dermarr..

Now the pistons had, both wallaces and Prince, that is pretty much all their athleticism there, I mean RIP is no more athletic than Houston, Corliss williamson and that bench are not that athletic either, the key was that detroits core was pretty athletic especially their front line, the knicks are not that far off.. Lets say the knicks added a player like Tyson chandler, the knicks would take a huge leap in the athletic department. I don't think the knicks are as far off as many believe...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/16/2004  12:17 PM
I'm content to be where we are because a year ago we were build around KVH, McDyess, Spoon, Eisley.... heck, the only 2 prospects Layden got us in 5 years in Sweetney and Lampe were buried behind Spoon, McDyess, KT, Harrington and KVH (yes, he's a 4).

Now I think Marbury and TT are two nice pieces to have, I think Sweetney is a great prospect and part of the rotation, I dont know what Frank's future is but I think he's a solid prospect also and I think if this group stays healthy and we can get 25 minutes a night from Houston we will win 45 games or so. To me thats moving in the right direction. What we have to do know is work on restocking the pipeline and finding creative ways to use the Garden $$$ to our advantage.

I'm 100% convinced the only 3 guys Isiah is commited to in the organization is Marbury, Sweetney and Mark Aguirre. Expect MANY more changes to come. Its going to be a process and making the playoffs is a job requirement for the NY GM. We already know Isiah has hired a myriad of scouts, trainers and front office personel. Lets see what happens next. Be a little patient. Isiah said he needed to change the losing culture. I think he did that. He they need to get bigger and more athletic, but he also said his first job was to aquire more valuable assets. Is he just selling used cars? Maybe... but lets give the GM a couple years to see what happens. After what Layden did I'm willing to be a little patient.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/16/2004  12:55 PM
When isiah Thomas was first hired, people were saying it would take a really long time to get this franchise back on it's feet b/c of all the bad contracts. I am not sure if we are back on our feet, but we got rid of KVH, Spoon and Eisley. We brought in a top 3 PG for what is appearing more and more (As the days go by) a cheap price.

Now, I DIDN'T like how the defense looked most of the season, but, that doesn't mean it can't can't change next season. IT can always go after a guy like Blount or Dampier or even Camby (Looks more doubtful everyday.)

We have room to make moves. I don't know why you keep saying we don't Briggs. We have tradable pieces, and it's clear Isiah is willing to work. Patience my friend. Patience.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/16/2004  1:19 PM
the situation left by Scott Layden was so bad that you can't expect anyone to turn the whole roster over in a year's time...this is a multi-year retooling project & everyone knew that coming in...of course this team needs more youthful speed, length, athleticism & a solid bench - what team doesn't want those things? but we need to be realistic here & give it alot more time before this team can reach the levels of the Pistons, Nets, Heat, etc.

the 1st couple of steps have been accomplished...we have a star PG in his prime & a couple of young talents who look promising in Sweetney & Frank (& also DerMarr if he re-signs) along w/a couple of solid complementary players in TT, KT & Nazr...we still have some bad contracts left to unload obviously...if anyone thought this thing was going to be fixed in 1 year's time, they need to get a reality check...but that doesn't mean this team can't still improve next year & be at least a #4 or #5 seed in the East...i'd be happy w/that for now as long as Isiah keeps taking steps toward improvement.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
length athletiscm depth did in lakers-

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy