[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Marv Albert leaving MSG....
Author Thread
flyingvee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #405
6/16/2004  3:02 PM
"John Starks is ON FIRE!!!"

Maybe the Knicks free-throw percentage will go up with Marv gone. It's been a long time theory that eb=verytime he mentioned any kind of streak, the guy would miss on his next attempt. Would happen about 90% of the time.
AUTOADVERT
hDavis
Member: #494
USA
6/17/2004  4:30 PM
im gonna miss Marv alot. it feels like we lost a star player. Dolans a grade A moron. at least we still got clyde for color, but marv will be missed.
ANOTHER Knick turnover! -Marv Albert
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/17/2004  4:50 PM
Posted by hDavis:

im gonna miss Marv alot. it feels like we lost a star player. Dolans a grade A moron. at least we still got clyde for color, but marv will be missed.

weird thing is that I think I read somewhere that Dolan didn't like the way CLYDE critisizes the Knicks during games.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
KnickChick114
Member: #413
USA
6/18/2004  11:53 AM
Posted by Chico:

Breen is such a kiss ass little pansy. i hate him. i hope msg's ratings plummet.

No...Breen tells you the way it is.

Johnny Hoops is the guy who brown-noses on the air all the time. I cant stand that dude
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/18/2004  1:10 PM
Posted by KnickChick114:
Posted by Chico:

Breen is such a kiss ass little pansy. i hate him. i hope msg's ratings plummet.

No...Breen tells you the way it is.

Johnny Hoops is the guy who brown-noses on the air all the time. I cant stand that dude

Not when he is on Radio. On radio John always criticizes players
timmyTtop
Member: #680
6/18/2004  4:25 PM
oh shutup already... its the knicks we care about not whose talking whil they play!~
Chico
Member: #666
6/19/2004  1:12 AM
thats the most ignorant statement i've read on this board. i watch 82 games a year. at about 3 hours each, thats a lot of time to spend with the dude calling the game. it makes a tremendous difference. Breen is like a little bitch reminding teach to give more homework. he certainly doesn't "call it like it is." whenever he's calling with a player be it clyde or steve kerr or tolbert or whoever, breen is always whining about fouls and physical play and the players are always practically telling him and the audience that he's a ***** and doesn't know what he's talking about. while everyone else was playing ball on the playground, little mike breen was on the ground protecting his head from all the well deserved kicks he was getting from his peers.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
6/19/2004  6:46 AM
What has been particularly bothersome is the way Francesa and Russo have killed him all week for possibly going after Ian Eagles's job with the Nets. I guess they only support capitalism when it enhances their bank accounts.

I can't stand Breen because he is in love with the refs.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
6/19/2004  11:04 AM
Marv is my all time fave, but Breen's play by play calls are outstanding. He is easily the best radio man in basketball. He's quick, always let's you know where the ball is and is very accurate. On TV he does a little more editorializing, and it can get annoying when he talks about players complaining to refs, but generally he's high quality and has a good rapport with Clyde.
timmyTtop
Member: #680
6/19/2004  6:26 PM
Posted by Chico:

thats the most ignorant statement i've read on this board. i watch 82 games a year. at about 3 hours each, thats a lot of time to spend with the dude calling the game. it makes a tremendous difference. Breen is like a little bitch reminding teach to give more homework. he certainly doesn't "call it like it is." whenever he's calling with a player be it clyde or steve kerr or tolbert or whoever, breen is always whining about fouls and physical play and the players are always practically telling him and the audience that he's a ***** and doesn't know what he's talking about. while everyone else was playing ball on the playground, little mike breen was on the ground protecting his head from all the well deserved kicks he was getting from his peers.
if u ask me, walt frazier is the bigget faggzot his calls are so predictable... he only says about 8 phrasees the entire game... what a dooshbag
sebstar
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #249
USA
6/25/2004  6:37 PM
Add me to the anti-Breen camp. A milquetoast suck ***, who is the broadcasting equivalent to Howard Eisely. Get him out! Clyde’s back must be killing him considering how much he had to carry him on telecasts. Leave Breen to his San Jose vs. Albuquerque Arena football match-ups or whatever the hell he does. Man, Court Vision was like Nyquil fleshed out in human form.

As far as Marv goes, well all things end sometimes. We have over 86 years of memories of Marv calling Knick games, or however long its been

One of the articles on the front page answered a question I had. Apperently this is a money issue, as well as the gutting of MSG programming. So, Dolan has no problem pissing away hundreds of millions of dollars on worthless players like Shandon Anderson, but he becomes Fred Frugal when it comes to a show like Angles. What a bunch of crap! I live on the West Coast so I really appreciated those kind of shows.
My saliva and spit can split thread into fiber and bits/ So trust me I'm as live as it gets. --Royce Da 5'9 + DJ Premier = Hip Hop Utopia
simrud
Member: #474
USA
6/25/2004  6:42 PM
timmytittops maybe if you understood what Clyde said you would learn to appreciate his commenteary, but with your 2nd grade vocab you obviously can't appreciate him.

what a moron, beyond imagination, possibly the stupidest poster I'v yet to see on this board and it has been a while.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Marv Albert leaving MSG....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy