Dagger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4184

1/9/2015  4:20 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/9/2015  4:21 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:Best loss ever

This is how you want it... player development while staying in the running for the #1 pick.

This could have happened sooner and this being done by accident

Is a major cause for concern, because believe you me

Fisher and Phil will do everything possible to avoid losing

Next year which the free agents we overpay will be

Relied on too heavily to pull out wins

And quite frankly our youth will be ahead of the Triangle curve

I like what I saw and I'm sure by these comments here you two did too

But this by accident stuff is so unacceptable

Don't play the names, play the young danes

I think Jackson will search for guys who play the game like he wants it to be played.

I think he will do what he can to give us a younger look next year, and the guys who emerge this year will not be forgotten.

I think the Bargs trade is a killer because we gave up one that would have been another lottery pick if we were really looking to tear things down an rebuild more slowly.

I think the Anthony signing by Phil might still come back to haunt us- not only if his physical decline continues, but because you will not see the kind of play you saw in this Houston game if Anthony is the focal point of our offense. Sorry to offend many, but there may be no way to escape this.

What kind of play? The kind where we lose by 24 points??? Individual performances aside the team was completely uncompetitive tonight.

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/9/2015  7:05 AM
“They played well as a group,” coach Kevin McHale said of his starters, who outscored the Knicks’ starters 87-26. “We were able to move the ball pretty well. We had good spacing. We had a lot of what we tried to get, the pass-pass combination. We ended up shooting 44 percent from the 3-point line. We had good, open looks.”
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

1/9/2015  10:11 AM
Dagger wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:Best loss ever

This is how you want it... player development while staying in the running for the #1 pick.

This could have happened sooner and this being done by accident

Is a major cause for concern, because believe you me

Fisher and Phil will do everything possible to avoid losing

Next year which the free agents we overpay will be

Relied on too heavily to pull out wins

And quite frankly our youth will be ahead of the Triangle curve

I like what I saw and I'm sure by these comments here you two did too

But this by accident stuff is so unacceptable

Don't play the names, play the young danes

I think Jackson will search for guys who play the game like he wants it to be played.

I think he will do what he can to give us a younger look next year, and the guys who emerge this year will not be forgotten.

I think the Bargs trade is a killer because we gave up one that would have been another lottery pick if we were really looking to tear things down an rebuild more slowly.

I think the Anthony signing by Phil might still come back to haunt us- not only if his physical decline continues, but because you will not see the kind of play you saw in this Houston game if Anthony is the focal point of our offense. Sorry to offend many, but there may be no way to escape this.

What kind of play? The kind where we lose by 24 points??? Individual performances aside the team was completely uncompetitive tonight.

What kind of play? The kind where there is a ball movement and few "black hole" moments. Pretty evident that our starters, for the most part, were the problem yesterday, and our inexperienced players held their own.

They have to make adjustments on D, especially when an opponent is on fire shooting from deep, but when the younger players were in, we saw the kind of offensive play that Fisher might want to see on the floor in the future.

We still need an interior defense so perimeter defenders can concentrate on their men and not get hurt by the 3 ball when they are sagging.

Aldrich is a 15 MPG guy and Acy is simply not tall enough as an interior defender. We need some bulk and shot blocking ability. Dalembert actually gave us some of this when he was here, but he was inconsistent, and a terrible decision maker on offense.

I think our younger guys are further ahead offensively than they are on D, but hopefully this will equalize as they progress.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/9/2015  10:44 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Galloway does not look like a rookie.

Yep- his demeanour is that of a seasoned vet

smackeddog
1/9/2015  10:45 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Knicks scouts did a great job bringing in Wear and Galloway.

Our scouts seem to find diamonds in the rough like them every year (Lin, Novak, Copeland, etc)

smackeddog
1/9/2015  10:48 AM
Cartman718 wrote:i think THJr just needs some time and a little kick in the butt from his dad... but unfortunately dolan may not give him that.

I'm biased because I've never liked Tim Jr, even when he was supposedly playing well last year. We need to just keep him in what his role should be- a 20min streaky gunner off the bench. Thats his ceiling.

smackeddog
1/9/2015  10:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/9/2015  10:54 AM
These players will be our bench next year- likely we'll sign 3 starters in free agency, hopefully draft one, and put them all next to Melo. That will leave no money, so we'll be reliant on them. I will be pleased if Early, Galloway, Cole and Wear can keep some of this up. Shame we didn't pick up Larkin's option as I would have like to have added him to the mix. Then fill out the roster with aged vets on minimum deal- we need experience, smarts and leadership.

Just out of curiosity, if we traded Larkin, could we then exceed $1.6mil to sign him in the offseason? Or are we limited to $1.6mil whether we trade him or not? I'm not saying I would, I'm just curious.

H1AND1
Member: #5648

1/9/2015  11:25 AM
smackeddog wrote:These players will be our bench next year- likely we'll sign 3 starters in free agency, hopefully draft one, and put them all next to Melo. That will leave no money, so we'll be reliant on them. I will be pleased if Early, Galloway, Cole and Wear can keep some of this up. Shame we didn't pick up Larkin's option as I would have like to have added him to the mix. Then fill out the roster with aged vets on minimum deal- we need experience, smarts and leadership.

Just out of curiosity, if we traded Larkin, could we then exceed $1.6mil to sign him in the offseason? Or are we limited to $1.6mil whether we trade him or not? I'm not saying I would, I'm just curious.

Why is it a foregone conclusions that teams will be falling over themselves to pay Shane Larkin over the 1.6 million that we can offer him? He's quite undersized and a backup on a 5 win team and he plays at the deepest position in the league. The Knicks probably have a pretty good shot at retaining him if they want him.

smackeddog
1/9/2015  12:08 PM
H1AND1 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:These players will be our bench next year- likely we'll sign 3 starters in free agency, hopefully draft one, and put them all next to Melo. That will leave no money, so we'll be reliant on them. I will be pleased if Early, Galloway, Cole and Wear can keep some of this up. Shame we didn't pick up Larkin's option as I would have like to have added him to the mix. Then fill out the roster with aged vets on minimum deal- we need experience, smarts and leadership.

Why is it a foregone conclusions that teams will be falling over themselves to pay Shane Larkin over the 1.6 million that we can offer him? He's quite undersized and a backup on a 5 win team and he plays at the deepest position in the league. The Knicks probably have a pretty good shot at retaining him if they want him.

See what happened to Copeland. And Lin- there's always one team that tries to screw us every offseason! If Larkin shows promise, they just have to offer him $2mil and he's gone. Even $2.5mil is cheap these days for a 3rd string PG.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

1/9/2015  12:46 PM
smackeddog wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:

See what happened to Copeland. And Lin- there's always one team that tries to screw us every offseason! If Larkin shows promise, they just have to offer him $2mil and he's gone. Even $2.5mil is cheap these days for a 3rd string PG.

Mistake not to pick up his option, but I suppose we have to believe that they know what they are doing, or had seen enough of him to know that the Knicks could live without him.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

1/9/2015  4:32 PM
smackeddog wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:

This is all true but Larkin has height/length/size issues which hurts his market value. It is still a possibility but I think the chances are small.

H1AND1
Member: #5648

1/9/2015  6:06 PM
smackeddog wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:

Copeland is a 6'11' Forward who can stroke 3's at an above average rate and Lin was a sensation that could bring in revenue beyond what a normal PG could muster. Both cases were very different from Larkin, who by all accounts is not AT ALL a proven point guard in this league.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/9/2015  9:51 PM
WHOA MCW with the drive and dish for the DUNK! Sixers lead with :03 left. They gotta hold the Nets off and win this game.
GT: Houston on tail end of back-to-back

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy