[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GT: Houston on tail end of back-to-back
Author Thread
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

1/8/2015  10:50 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:Best loss ever

This is how you want it... player development while staying in the running for the #1 pick.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
AUTOADVERT
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

1/8/2015  10:53 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Starting 5

Galloway
Hardaway
Cole
Wear
Early

See if they do any worse than the current groups

take out Hardaway and put in Larkin/Calderon
The Future is Bright!
WaltLongmire

1/8/2015  10:54 PM

Galloway
Hardaway
Cole
Wear
Early

Would not put that much pressure on them yet...

Does not matter who starts if the subs are given more playing time than the starters.

Larkin also has to be considered.

This is actually a critical point in the season for Hardaway- he has to step up and adapt.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

1/8/2015  10:56 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Galloway
Hardaway
Cole
Wear
Early

Waive Bargs and do something with Pablo. Sign Wolters and JaMychal Green and go all out for the rebuild.

100 percent agree .. Some one text this to fisher and Phil

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

1/8/2015  10:56 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:really excited about Early

kid can play and do it smart and smooth

Early, Wear and Galloway all looked like keepers tonight. Phil may have found this generations John Starks in Galloway.

I would like to see Larkin, Galloway, Wear, Acy, and Aldrich with Early rotating in/out play a lot. If by some miracle they become top rotational players the F.O. would have struck gold. Acy and Aldrich are definitely capable of being rotational guys imho but can they become sure fire back ups.

Despite Phil declining Larkin's option I think they can retain him if they want him. The 3rd guard on a top 3 lottery team with his size will likely not be valued that high.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/8/2015  10:57 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Galloway
Hardaway
Cole
Wear
Early

Waive Bargs and do something with Pablo. Sign Wolters and JaMychal Green and go all out for the rebuild.

100 percent agree .. Some one text this to fisher and Phil

Keep those two open roster spots so they can help a team out making a trade at the deadline and maybe pick up a second rounder in the process.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
1/8/2015  10:58 PM
OK with Larkin. Just think maybe Hard a way would be better playing with guys that Would inspire him.

Calderon is a backup. He does not defend at all.

yellowboy90

Why want the Spurs do the knicks and Pablo a favor and trade Cory Joseph for Pablo.
CrushAlot
USA
yellowboy90 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Early, Wear and Galloway all looked like keepers tonight. Phil may have found this generations John Starks in Galloway.

I would like to see Larkin, Galloway, Wear, Acy, and Aldrich with Early rotating in/out play a lot. If by some miracle they become top rotational players the F.O. would have struck gold. Acy and Aldrich are definitely capable of being rotational guys imho but can they become sure fire back ups.

Despite Phil declining Larkin's option I think they can retain him if they want him. The 3rd guard on a top 3 lottery team with his size will likely not be valued that high.

Do you think they should try to get Wolters?
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

1/8/2015  10:59 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:

Galloway
Hardaway
Cole
Wear
Early

Would not put that much pressure on them yet...

Does not matter who starts if the subs are given more playing time than the starters.

Larkin also has to be considered.

This is actually a critical point in the season for Hardaway- he has to step up and adapt.

There is no pressure imo especially if we are trying to lose, these players have abslutely nothing to lose. Ic we start from scratch and gradually add pieces that are bette than what we've got, then I think we can become a good team.

The Future is Bright!
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/8/2015  11:01 PM

Galloway
Hardaway
Cole
Wear
Early

We need to keep the same tanking lineup until we trade Calderon, THJ & possibly Melo. Then I would start those guys with Larkin

yellowboy90

1/8/2015  11:02 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Do you think they should try to get Wolters?

I don't know but as long as they have Pablo and Calderon I doubt they do that with the Langston call up. His game reminds me of what Pablo would have looked like when he was young. Pablo was probably better though.

I think Seth Curry needs a look though. He dominating the D-league right now and if he could be an instant offense player off the bench then look out.

CrushAlot
USA
1/8/2015  11:03 PM
Chris Herring ‏@HerringWSJ · 3h3 hours ago
Fish, on why he gave young guys a shot: "[Starting five] gave up 12 pts in 3 mins [to start 2nd half]. They didn't deserve to be out there."

yellowboy90

1/8/2015  11:10 PM
Calderon/Hardaway Jr for Wright/Claver/Leonard. How could Portland say no.
H1AND1
Member: #5648

1/8/2015  11:14 PM
Great game from Wear and Carmeloanthony Early.
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

1/8/2015  11:26 PM
H1AND1 wrote:Great game from Wear and Carmeloanthony Early.

As well as Galloway ... That kid is good

F500ONE
Member: #5844

1/8/2015  11:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/8/2015  11:50 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:

This is how you want it... player development while staying in the running for the #1 pick.

This could have happened sooner and this being done by accident

Is a major cause for concern, because believe you me

Fisher and Phil will do everything possible to avoid losing

Next year which the free agents we overpay will be

Relied on too heavily to pull out wins

And quite frankly our youth will be ahead of the Triangle curve

I like what I saw and I'm sure by these comments here you two did too

But this by accident stuff is so unacceptable

Don't play the names, play the young danes

Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/8/2015  11:46 PM
i think THJr just needs some time and a little kick in the butt from his dad... but unfortunately dolan may not give him that.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
WaltLongmire

1/9/2015  12:30 AM
F500ONE wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

I think Jackson will search for guys who play the game like he wants it to be played.

I think he will do what he can to give us a younger look next year, and the guys who emerge this year will not be forgotten.

I think the Bargs trade is a killer because we gave up one that would have been another lottery pick if we were really looking to tear things down an rebuild more slowly.

I think the Anthony signing by Phil might still come back to haunt us- not only if his physical decline continues, but because you will not see the kind of play you saw in this Houston game if Anthony is the focal point of our offense. Sorry to offend many, but there may be no way to escape this.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/9/2015  12:58 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/9/2015  12:59 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

I think Jackson will search for guys who play the game like he wants it to be played.

I think he will do what he can to give us a younger look next year, and the guys who emerge this year will not be forgotten.

I think the Bargs trade is a killer because we gave up one that would have been another lottery pick if we were really looking to tear things down an rebuild more slowly.

I think the Anthony signing by Phil might still come back to haunt us- not only if his physical decline continues, but because you will not see the kind of play you saw in this Houston game if Anthony is the focal point of our offense. Sorry to offend many, but there may be no way to escape this.

The important part of Melo is making sure he is 100% healthy starting next year. If he is healthy and starts off well as in 25-6-4--Im sure his value can move up much higher again and 1 + years of his contract will be over and the cap is moving up. Then we can see if his play is a negative balance and if he needs to be moved. Im sure a melo at peak can bring back a boatload of assets including 2016 picks. BUt if Melo can play well AND fit in and we are winning--that still the easiest avenue.

RIP Crushalot😞
GT: Houston on tail end of back-to-back

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy