[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

milos not coming to america next year (no to suns?)
Author Thread
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
6/15/2004  1:13 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Caseloads:

honestly... why should milos come to the NBA? he'd have to play more games against tougher comp, get paid less, and live a worse lifestyle than the european (italian) superstar lifestyle, and play much much less. would you give up superstardom in europe and bigger contracts in europe to be a minimum wage NBA rookie trying to make it in the league? he's making million of dollars now in europe... it would not be the same in the NBA probably, definitely less prestige for him.

again, why come here?

I am in agreement here. I don't know why there is so much flack over Milos NOT coming to the NBA.

Should we be OK with Europeans sending hateful messages to Fredy Adu (a little of a stretch point) for not playing soccer in football's Mecca? No.

Milos has made personal decision and just because he chooses to stick to his guns and not play in the top league in the world does not mean we should hate him.

Than Milos never should have declared for the draft...there should be a stipulation that if drafted, you have 3 years to come over or you are subject to be redrafted or the team gets a compensatory pick...
~You can't run from who you are.~
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/15/2004  1:43 PM
Posted by joec32033:
Posted by martin:
Posted by Caseloads:

honestly... why should milos come to the NBA? he'd have to play more games against tougher comp, get paid less, and live a worse lifestyle than the european (italian) superstar lifestyle, and play much much less. would you give up superstardom in europe and bigger contracts in europe to be a minimum wage NBA rookie trying to make it in the league? he's making million of dollars now in europe... it would not be the same in the NBA probably, definitely less prestige for him.

again, why come here?

I am in agreement here. I don't know why there is so much flack over Milos NOT coming to the NBA.

Should we be OK with Europeans sending hateful messages to Fredy Adu (a little of a stretch point) for not playing soccer in football's Mecca? No.

Milos has made personal decision and just because he chooses to stick to his guns and not play in the top league in the world does not mean we should hate him.

Than Milos never should have declared for the draft...there should be a stipulation that if drafted, you have 3 years to come over or you are subject to be redrafted or the team gets a compensatory pick...

you are automatically eligible for the draft at a certain age.

I like the re-draft idea though.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/15/2004  2:06 PM
Who cares about Milos? That is now the Suns problem.

The Knicks already have the better point guard no matter how good Milos may become if he ever signs to play in the NBA.

Knicks gotta figure out how they are gonna get a big man and a replacement for Houston.

McDyess, Eisley, Ward, Spoon, Milos, Vranes, Lampe, etc.....all of our headaches are gone......

That's why something like this comes up. Right now the Knicks have upside and a chance to be good really soon. Let's talk about that.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/15/2004  6:04 PM

I forgot all about tony parker until I read your signature. Tony Parker better than milos. For sure. Tony Parker better than Gary Payton now. yep. Tony Parker better than Billups? Not now, but one day. Tony Parker is from Europe. Yup. He not like White Americans, so he got mad upside. Yup. Tony Parker better than nate the skate? Nate like 50 now. Tony Parker can beat Tiny Nate, and pete Maravich. Pete was a white american, and tony is better than him. Pete is dead, that why. If Maravich was not american, he would never done that good. Tony Parker better than Frank Williams? Frank sounds so Italian. If we said Frank Williams was from Italy, think he would be better? He would have better trade value. We should spead them lies. Tony Parker sounds real American to me. He don't look French, and he ain't got no Frenchy name. Billups with that mustash looks more French.

But them Euro players don 't get in much trouble like American players do. They write books about it these days. ITs called "Young and rich but not Tony Parker!". Yep.

Kobe lived in Italy for a long time. He speak Italianese. If he said he was euro I bet he would not be in all this trouble.

Ben Wallace is from another planet. Not Europe, but not of this earth. Flat out monster.

Tony Parker is spider man right? He does not go by "Anthony"? Why is that?

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/15/2004  6:53 PM
Nalod, what was that post about?
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
6/15/2004  8:13 PM
Posted by Nalod:

I forgot all about tony parker until I read your signature. Tony Parker better than milos. For sure. Tony Parker better than Gary Payton now. yep. Tony Parker better than Billups? Not now, but one day. Tony Parker is from Europe. Yup. He not like White Americans, so he got mad upside. Yup. Tony Parker better than nate the skate? Nate like 50 now. Tony Parker can beat Tiny Nate, and pete Maravich. Pete was a white american, and tony is better than him. Pete is dead, that why. If Maravich was not american, he would never done that good. Tony Parker better than Frank Williams? Frank sounds so Italian. If we said Frank Williams was from Italy, think he would be better? He would have better trade value. We should spead them lies. Tony Parker sounds real American to me. He don't look French, and he ain't got no Frenchy name. Billups with that mustash looks more French.

But them Euro players don 't get in much trouble like American players do. They write books about it these days. ITs called "Young and rich but not Tony Parker!". Yep.

Kobe lived in Italy for a long time. He speak Italianese. If he said he was euro I bet he would not be in all this trouble.

Ben Wallace is from another planet. Not Europe, but not of this earth. Flat out monster.

Tony Parker is spider man right? He does not go by "Anthony"? Why is that?

WTF are you talking about? Italianese? A lot of people know Kobe lived in Italy when he was younger and that he is fluent in Italian(he speaks Italian very well) but that has nothing to do with the trouble he is now.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/15/2004  10:48 PM
LOL LOL LOL............

The tony parker thread a few weeks ago was great. Lighten up dudes, it was just plain silly jabber jaw.

I was poking fun at hyped euros, the hype about no white americans playing hoop no more. Funny, KVH is the highest scoring White american last year. ONly all star was Brad Miller.

Tony Parker was the man a few weeks ago.

Where have you gone Tony Parker? Peter Parker-Tony Parker. Spiderman..............LOL LOL

Remember, this is recreation.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/16/2004  12:16 AM
Posted by Nalod:

LOL LOL LOL............

The tony parker thread a few weeks ago was great. Lighten up dudes, it was just plain silly jabber jaw.

I was poking fun at hyped euros, the hype about no white americans playing hoop no more. Funny, KVH is the highest scoring White american last year. ONly all star was Brad Miller.

Tony Parker was the man a few weeks ago.

Where have you gone Tony Parker? Peter Parker-Tony Parker. Spiderman..............LOL LOL

Remember, this is recreation.
OK, I thought you were losing it man....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
sebstar
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #249
USA
6/25/2004  6:40 PM
What happened to those obnoxious opinions that popped up, where the sentiment was that Zeke had just traded away a John Stockton/Steve Nash/Micheal Jordan hybrid sure fire hall of famer in Milos. As things have shaken out, Milos obviously has no intention of playing here domestically, while Lampe is a middle of the road prospect at best. The draft pick didn’t turn out to be a lottery one…Marbury is the truth…Its inching closer to last laugh time, but I digress..

Milos wouldn’t be such a big deal around these parts, if he didn’t make such a point to string that schmuck Layden along. I loved it when after the trade, everybody was convinced that Milos was coming over to Phoenix because of their “Euro influence” … To quote KRS -1 - “ You Suckas!”

My saliva and spit can split thread into fiber and bits/ So trust me I'm as live as it gets. --Royce Da 5'9 + DJ Premier = Hip Hop Utopia
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
6/25/2004  6:59 PM
Milos is good. Just cause he doesn't want to come to America doesn't make him a coward. And whoever thinks Milos is 2nd tier is mistaken. He is very very good. Whenever he comes over, he will make an impact right away. Whoever brought up the point about 'why should he leave' is right too.

The only reason trading away Milos does not hurt is because we have a better PG in Stephon. That Stephon trade is looking very good at this point. Lampe is not showing much right now. He'll probably play a Rasho a.k.a: Radoslav Nesterovic type game.Dice never recovered and we dumped garbage on them expect for Milos. We gave up a good PG and got a great PG in return. And guns knows, Milos Milos he's out man, if he can't do it, no one can.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/25/2004  7:16 PM
Milos & Frederic Weiss would be a devastating combination! the Knicks would have won an NBA title for sure if we had those guys.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
6/25/2004  10:06 PM
Posted by TMS:

Milos & Frederic Weiss would be a devastating combination! the Knicks would have won an NBA title for sure if we had those guys.
U mean Weatherspoon and Howard Eisley. Remember those days? Man that was a sad time for our team.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
milos not coming to america next year (no to suns?)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy