[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Exposing of Payton and Malone!!
Author Thread
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/14/2004  10:19 AM
At the beginning of the year, I grew sick and tired of hearing how these two hall of famers were making the ultimate financial sacrafice by comming to the lakers to help them secure another title... The lakers, media and payton and malone tried to dupe us,to hoodwink us into believing that these two aging former superstars were sacraficing for the greater good and were going to make the lakers the powerhouse team of the century.... I tried to explain that although the lakers were probably still the best team in the NBA, that payton and malone didn't seem like good fits and that dominance was not a given...

What also upsets me is all this talk of sacrafice. Payton and malone didn't sacrafice Crap, they are getting paid their current worth!! These guys are no longer the 10 million dollar plus a year players they used to be, if they were really sacraficing then malone should of stopped signing those 18 million dollar a year extensions on a team he knew didn't have a shot to win in utah and either join the spurs or lakers back then.. Payton should have done the same.. These guys are fake and now they are being exposed for what they really are... "hangers on", yes they are hanging on to a thread as thin as the cartilege in malones aching knees, for a chance to win a title. Malone is giving nothing and payton is getting abused by a mediocre Pg in billups. To me their legacy is being tarnished, these guys were supposed to be the difference makers, they were supposed to be the upgrades over fox, horry and fisher, instead they are killing the lakers with their lack of production and whining(see gary payton)... Now with all this said, the lakers may still come back from 3-1 and win, but if they do,I still won't feel any different by these two imposters called payton and malone, these two guys who were supposed to be making the ultimate financial sacarice.... HA!!! they can't fool me and they can't fool the rest of america ,and they aren't fooling the pistons, as they are exposed with their pants down in front of america to see......

That is the way I see it, and that's the way it is!!!

TKF....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
AUTOADVERT
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
6/14/2004  11:11 AM
yeah, i said the same thing. i lost an incredible amount of respect for the two. malone just leaving an organization that treated him like a king just to be a third tier player in la. he was disrespecting kobe a few years ago at the all-star game and now he is chummy. i could understand in the beginning with payton but then he had the nerve to come to the team and complain about the offense they are running. he has been around for years. he knows what the lakers run or phil jackson runs in his offense. it is not like a suprise. but he is upset becuase he fells neglected. man, i lost mad respect for the both of them.
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
6/14/2004  11:14 AM
althoug I'm badly happy to see the lakers stink and the trophy come to the east, I'd like to temper your post a bit.

alright, payton was not worth a bag of chips.

same doesn't apply to malone. This guy, though i didn't like him either, has changed his game to adapt to the 2 superstars. He became a heck of a role player for them, doing dirty work without whinning all the time about shots.

Now he's hurt. Nothing more. He muscled out tim duncan and garnett. He played his role for the vet min. If he had happened to win the championship, I'm glad to say that he'd earned every bit of it. Proof is that without him on the court, the lakers have absolutely no chance to win.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
6/14/2004  11:15 AM
Malone's a dummy, but he's been hurt. As for GP when you have his resume its not ridiculous to assume the coach would create a respectable role for you. Instead they wanted to him to be BJ Armstrong, Ron Harper or Derrick Fisher and I dont blame him one bit for being annoyed. Gary will be an LA scapegoat, go play somewhere else next year and average 20/7 on a playoff team, and people will realize that in Phil's one true coaching challenge he laid a total egg and got outcoached by Larry Brown.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/14/2004  11:54 AM
I think Malones contributions have helped them get to the finals. His defensive work against Garnett was good and he has contributed.

Payton looks lost.

One thing to consider is they are banged up a bit and come out of 3 very tough series against the wests better teams.

Some people think the lakers are losing, but the reality is the pistons are beating them and are a great TEAM.

The anti-Starphuchers have one more game to seal their fate! The biggest star is Larry Brown. Great ownership! Davidson owns the Tampa Bay lightening!
raven
Canada
6/14/2004  12:00 PM
what is scaring is that the piston is a young team, meaning the same core could play a few yrs and win a few rings before breaking out.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/14/2004  12:02 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Malone's a dummy, but he's been hurt. As for GP when you have his resume its not ridiculous to assume the coach would create a respectable role for you. Instead they wanted to him to be BJ Armstrong, Ron Harper or Derrick Fisher and I dont blame him one bit for being annoyed. Gary will be an LA scapegoat, go play somewhere else next year and average 20/7 on a playoff team, and people will realize that in Phil's one true coaching challenge he laid a total egg and got outcoached by Larry Brown.

i have to agree to a point w.fish here...if you watch the lakers, GP has very little role except to hang around the perimeter & dump the ball into Shaq...how does a veteran like him who's so used to running everything on the floor adjust to a system like that & expect to still put up great numbers? it's not going to happen, particularly against a great defensive team like the Pistons...i think you put GP on a team like the Pacers & he'll show you that he still has game...but i don't agree w/how he's handled the situation in LA at all...he's been kinda anti-productive to their efforts to win this thing, which goes against everything he said he wanted when he signed there in the first place...he should have known that was the system they ran there & should have been willing to accept that role & embrace it, rather than fighting it & questioning it every step of the way.

just my $.02
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
raven
Canada
6/14/2004  12:12 PM
in fact that's the true difference between malone and gp. One succeeded in merging with the team, the other did not.

What i find tough about gp is that he's being singled out cause of billups, when there's clearly an issue of team defense. GP is kind of scapegoat, but his behaviour doesn't help either.
tkf
6/14/2004  1:18 PM
I think the lakers are stupid for not adding any real depth, I eman Medvadenko as a back up is a joke, and devean George is a scrub, the lakers could have really used a player like PJ Brown or Jerome williams, they put their eggs in a basket of a 40 year old man... Really it isn't malones fault he is hurt, but the lakers should have known better and should have had more depth..

But again, the lakers IMO could still win this series, although it looks highly unlikely..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
TMS
USA
6/14/2004  1:40 PM
agreed...they really miss Robert Horry in this series...he would open up the inside for Kobe & others to penetrate the lane, because he can shoot from the perimeter.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
jazz74
6/14/2004  3:13 PM
i remember telling my friend last year that getting malone and payton would be the worse thing they could do. i told him that they need a power forward who will drain 15 footers and do the dirty work on the regular. i mean, malone is doing it now which is amazing but i still thought that he is not a great fit. i actually told him that kurt thomas would be better becuase he can do the dirty work and he is a good defender of the pick and rolls, something the lakers still have a problem with. i also told him that payton won't be happy. they needed a point guard who is hungry and experienced. i thought kenny anderson or darrell armstrong would be better because they can accept their roles. now they are looking like knuckleheads.
TMS
USA
6/14/2004  3:26 PM
the PG on that team needs to be able to drain open 3 point shots...Phil Jackson has always had those types of players on his championship teams, from B.J. Armstrong, to Craig Hodges, to John Paxson (was he a PG? not sure) to Steve Kerr, to Derek Fisher...Gary Payton is not a spot up shooter...he's a post up, screen & roll type PG who needs to have the ball in his hands orchestrating & making things happen while dominating the ball & scoring...he is just a bad fit for the triangle that the Lakers run, because that role is filled by Kobe most of the time.
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

6/14/2004  4:26 PM
go pistons!
Chico
Member: #666
6/14/2004  4:39 PM
How awesome would it be if Malone crippled himself in this series and he could never walk again?!!!

tkf
6/14/2004  4:42 PM
kurt thomas would have been an excellent fit with the lakers, but the sad thing is that the lakers outside of Kobe and shaq, have nothing the knicks want. I mean that team is full of young scrubs and aging scrubs. Rush intrigues me but that is about all, but when I mentioned a trade of Kt to LA those ****y lakers fans tried to act like KT was a bum.. I guarantee you if the lakers had a KT, hurt pinkey and all, they would not be down 3-1..
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
6/14/2004  4:44 PM
Posted by Chico:

How awesome would it be if Malone crippled himself in this series and he could never walk again?!!!

I'd kinda feel bad for him...now if it was kobe i'd be jumping up and down celebrating (horrible? yes...but i dont care)
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
6/14/2004  5:26 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I'm totally with you on the Phil Jackson point. I love that
he sits there like a god, like his sh@t don't stink. In the
news, how he was going to break the record for championships won!
Give us a break! He had the best player seen in the league for at
least a generation and maybe the best SF at his side for 6 of them.
Then he's got the best center in the league and probably the best
SG at his side for the other 3! Big deal! With the talent on this
team, he should have modified HIS damn system to find a way to make
it work! Not have GP as a spectator. And get George to do something
other than brick 3's!
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
6/14/2004  8:09 PM
i don't feel bad for either of them. all payton has done since he's been there is whine and moan. true, because of phil jackson's stubborness, payton had absolutely no plays drawn up for him. but i remember him saying in his contract signing that he'd do anything and run any offense to get a ring. so he lied and phil screwed him. malone talks alot about other people. he constantly dissed the new guard and had a bad parting of ways with the jazz.

but regardless of either situation, they're grown ass men getting paid millions to play the game. they're nothing but prima donnas that play the blame game the minute something goes wrong.

the lakers reap what they sow by signing two 36+ year olds and phil jackson for being a stubborn OVERRATED coach. the only thing that makes me happy about this lakers inevitable loss is that maybe, finally people will start thinking twice before calling phil the greatest coach ever.
jazz74
6/14/2004  8:38 PM
Posted by Chico:

that's cruel, chico. funny as hell but cruel!
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
6/16/2004  1:08 AM
come to think about this Malone goes to LA without Stockton probably upset the order of winning....Anyone thinks GP stays with LA next year? GP to Boston or Indiana ?
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
The Exposing of Payton and Malone!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy