[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GT: Bargnani the Italian Stunad (first game back)
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/31/2014  7:28 AM
Am i the only one hoping he drops 20 plus points in his first game back against the Clippers leading the Knicks to a shocking win tonight?
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
KNICKSBIGCATS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3745

12/31/2014  7:37 AM
Yes, you are! haha
I'd say he gets 6 pts, 2 turnovers, and no rebounds and gets posterized by Griffin.
Practically everyone here is fixated on wanting more ping pong balls, so a win would sukk.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." -Michael Jordan
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/31/2014  7:55 AM
KNICKSBIGCATS wrote:Yes, you are! haha
I'd say he gets 6 pts, 2 turnovers, and no rebounds and gets posterized by Griffin.
Practically everyone here is fixated on wanting more ping pong balls, so a win would sukk.

I bet that's exactly how it goes lol

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
12/31/2014  8:23 AM
Bargnani is the savior. He will be the master of the triangle and the team will gel now that he is back.

The Knicks will go 35-15 the rest of the way and make the playoffs...thus insuring mediocrity for the next 5 years.

Splat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5862

12/31/2014  8:34 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Bargnani is the savior. He will be the master of the triangle and the team will gel now that he is back.

The Knicks will go 35-15 the rest of the way and make the playoffs...thus insuring mediocrity for the next 5 years.

Whoaaaa Nostrabumus

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
JesseDark
Member: #467
12/31/2014  8:42 AM
KNICKSBIGCATS wrote:Yes, you are! haha

I thnk this is the more realistic option to happen. He will then give a quote about how happy he is to back to help team. LOL

Bring back dee-fense
knicks1248
Member: #582
12/31/2014  8:55 AM
Im feel just like the team, i don't think we'll win another game this season..
ES
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/31/2014  9:39 AM
EnySpree wrote:Am i the only one hoping he drops 20 plus points in his first game back against the Clippers leading the Knicks to a shocking win tonight?

It would be funny if that happened, but I think he'll start slow. The thing I worry about is as the Knicks get guys back that they have a surge which could mess up their draft position. It wouldn't take much to move them away from a better chance at the top spot. There are too many games left against relatively weak enough competition to get wins. Right now the Knicks are in a 3 team race to the bottom with legit tanking teams.

Sixers 4-26 L3 in a row.
Knicks 5-28 Half game back for #1 lottery spot. L8 in a row.
TWolves 5-25 One game back. L9 in a row.
Pistons 8-23 W3 in a row. 3.5 games back
Lakers 10-22
Hornets 10-22
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/31/2014  9:40 AM
Love to see this guy drop 35, grab 10 boards and lead to a win!!!!

Then continue to kill it for 5 games!

Then Trade him for a mid to late 1st rounder to a team on some bubble to either make playoffs or a make a deep run!

I have nothing against him. He gets injured. I feel bad he has not been able to contribute.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

12/31/2014  10:10 AM
At this point he has no value, even if he has a few good games he still has no value. Look if we werent so far back from .500 id want to win every game but now i want a top 3 pick. We need okafor mudiay or towns
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/31/2014  10:14 AM
Nalod wrote:Love to see this guy drop 35, grab 10 boards and lead to a win!!!!

Then continue to kill it for 5 games!

Then Trade him for a mid to late 1st rounder to a team on some bubble to either make playoffs or a make a deep run!

I have nothing against him. He gets injured. I feel bad he has not been able to contribute.

Bingo. I'd love to trade him even for an early 2nd rounder as long as we're not taking back more salary
TPercy
Member: #5748

12/31/2014  10:52 AM
He will make it a close game, then when we have to run down the clock to win, he'll chuck a 3
The Future is Bright!
smackeddog
Member: #883
12/31/2014  11:06 AM
Hard to believe it was almost a year ago that Air Bargnani was taken from us...

I'm still impressed at how he managed to get the basketball to bounce on his head right at the end- the final indignity!

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/31/2014  12:16 PM
smackeddog wrote:Hard to believe it was almost a year ago that Air Bargnani was taken from us...

I'm still impressed at how he managed to get the basketball to bounce on his head right at the end- the final indignity!

That is funny clip but his skills were shown here. Faking out the defender and driving is a very good skill to have for a big man. If he did not get undercut that would have been a dunk shot.

JonsTintedTails
Member: #852
USA
12/31/2014  12:22 PM
He will play then get hurt and then say he came back too soon. He wont play again this year...

I am so looking forward to the end of the season where we can clean house and finally change the culture of this team.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/31/2014  12:28 PM
JonsTintedTails wrote:He will play then get hurt and then say he came back too soon. He wont play again this year...

I am so looking forward to the end of the season where we can clean house and finally change the culture of this team.

the record is the Knicks paying for their lousy management over the last couple years, and new management refusing to plant flowers in sh!t. Rather they need to let that poop wash away. Its going to stink for awhile but its worth it.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/31/2014  12:43 PM
Bargs hasn't even played enough to get the level of abuse he gets. It's funny but unlike some players Bargs biggest issue has been just not staying healthy. Dude has only played in 42 games as a Knick. He's hardly had a cup of coffee with the team on the floor. He hasn't been involved in the teams last 73 games. The Knicks record wasn't good when Bargs was playing at 15-27 and it was easy to just point to him as the reason the team was losing, tho that's a bit simplistic when there were a LOT of other players playing worse at the time.
The dissing Bargs gets is somewhat outsized for the small amount of games he's actually played. Now he has only 50 games remaining.

We could eventually see Cole and Bargs in the starting lineup. We could be looking at:

Melo
Bargs
Cole
Hardaway
Calderon

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/31/2014  12:45 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Bargnani is the savior. He will be the master of the triangle and the team will gel now that he is back.

Id take Bargnani back if he shows he can stay healthy. The 3-4mm I wouldve been willing to give Amare if he stayed healthy would be eligible for Bargnani IF he can stay healthy. A contract as in 2 years 8mm 1 year guaranteed. Im not writing Bargnani off neither should the Knicks. We have 50 games to go--he should be given the opportunity to show health and production in a positive team-like type way. We need cheap players. I'd bring back guys like Cole A and Bargs--no problem here IF they earn it. You start saying a healthy Bargs Okafor Dragic a healthy Carmelo and we could be much better much faster. I don't want to win but Im not rooting for any Knick player to fail. I already know that Calderon has passed his peak(which wasnt a great player anyway) and that we need a complete rebuild of the PG and likely SG positions. We will not have good guard play this year even at full strength--way too many inconsistent players proven over time. Knowing the Knicks they will rush Bargs into 38 minutes and he will break down instead of a methodical slow return.

RIP Crushalot😞
markvmc
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1797

12/31/2014  12:49 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

Id take Bargnani back if he shows he can stay healthy. The 3-4mm I wouldve been willing to give Amare if he stayed healthy would be eligible for Bargnani IF he can stay healthy. A contract as in 2 years 8mm 1 year guaranteed. Im not writing Bargnani off neither should the Knicks. We have 50 games to go--he should be given the opportunity to show health and production in a positive team-like type way. We need cheap players. I'd bring back guys like Cole A and Bargs--no problem here IF they earn it. You start saying a healthy Bargs Okafor Dragic a healthy Carmelo and we could be much better much faster. I don't want to win but Im not rooting for any Knick player to fail. I already know that Calderon has passed his peak(which wasnt a great player anyway) and that we need a complete rebuild of the PG and likely SG positions. We will not have good guard play this year even at full strength--way too many inconsistent players proven over time. Knowing the Knicks they will rush Bargs into 38 minutes and he will break down instead of a methodical slow return.

The only reason to keep Bargnani is to watch Clyde consistently mispronounce his name.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/31/2014  1:00 PM
markvmc wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

The only reason to keep Bargnani is to watch Clyde consistently mispronounce his name.

If Bargnani would adhere to a low post 5 game and stays healthy a nd productive I would be willing to take him back. Health and playing the right way are paramount for him. NO ONE is giving AB a multi year contract. But if he shows that he can stay healthy and productive why not keep him?

RIP Crushalot😞
GT: Bargnani the Italian Stunad (first game back)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy