[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

9 P.M. GAME THREAD: Shane & Cole vs. Rainy, Green City Full of Foodies & Dopeheads
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
12/29/2014  12:02 AM
knickscity wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knickscity wrote:Ok, so maybe he's having a slump...I dont think so.....but is Calderon a leader? No and never has been. Leaders dont lose the majority of their career.
Casey raved about him and called him a leader. Said he helped a lot of the guys on the raps when they were just coming into the league.

yet had no issue with him being traded. betcha he wouldnt take calderon over lowry. Coaches say alot of things we know aint true.

leaders arent leading losing teams. Raptors were a losing team the majority of the time calderon was there.

I am sure he would keep Lowry. But he raved about Jose. Not just lip service. He was gushing.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

12/29/2014  12:03 AM
F500ONE wrote:
mreinman wrote:calderon has always shot very well ... he is not this year

lets not kill his career because of this year. His defense maybe always sucked but not his efficiency until this year.

calling him a career loser may be unfair and could very much depend on the teams that he has played on.

I think that he could be valuable on the right team.

We most certainly weren't that "right team"

And surely shouldn't have traded for him

looks that way

so here is what phil is thinking ....
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
12/29/2014  12:04 AM
nixluva wrote:
knickscity wrote:Ok, so maybe he's having a slump...I dont think so.....but is Calderon a leader? No and never has been. Leaders dont lose the majority of their career.

I can understand that people don't see his leadership, but he's not that kind of leader. He's a good lockerroom presence and floor general, but not a TAKE CHARGE type of leader. I think people confuse the term as if it only has one meaning. Who would suggest that he's a leader likely to take over the game and lead the charge over the hill. It would be more noticeable in his scoring if he was that kind of player. Also when other players aren't hitting shots it's hard to look like you're having any impact, even if you're setting them up properly. He and Prigioni are Eruo style PG's they are team players but you can't expect them to be like CP3 or Derek Rose. IMO he's pretty much what I expected him to be with the exception of his shooting being a bit off. Not to mention that we don't even provide the PnR looks that he usually thrives on. It's a tough spot for him right now.

We need a locker room presence when half the roster will be gone? Look man, better player police themselves, Calderon wasnt needed and his contract kills Phil options.

If he's gonna start he should produce....he doesnt...never really has.

knickscity
USA
12/29/2014  12:05 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
knickscity wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Casey raved about him and called him a leader. Said he helped a lot of the guys on the raps when they were just coming into the league.

yet had no issue with him being traded. betcha he wouldnt take calderon over lowry. Coaches say alot of things we know aint true.

leaders arent leading losing teams. Raptors were a losing team the majority of the time calderon was there.

I am sure he would keep Lowry. But he raved about Jose. Not just lip service. He was gushing.

Yet had zero issues with him being traded. Hell, Fisher raves about this team.
CrushAlot
USA
12/29/2014  12:06 AM
mreinman wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

lets not kill his career because of this year. His defense maybe always sucked but not his efficiency until this year.

calling him a career loser may be unfair and could very much depend on the teams that he has played on.

looks that way

I think Phil thought that he would have a 4 and a 5 in Smith and Bargs that could stretch the d and hit the open jumper and that Jose would fit well with them. He has neither of those guys so far.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/29/2014  12:07 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
knickscity wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

The coach in Detroit loved him too for the short time he was there. It's really not fair to kill the guy based on this stop in his career with so much going on here. So many key players not even in uniform. Melo hobbling around and pushing it when he should've taken time off. All the young players and bench guys who have to play major roles now. This is a tough spot for a guy that is really about moving the ball. The guys he's passing too aren't getting it done so it comes back to him and he looks like a bum.

In the end Jose is not the future solution at PG. We most surely will be bringing in another guy who is younger and more dynamic. This is a transition roster and he is a transition PG who should be a solid back up when we finally add the future starter to the roster. We need to keep things in perspective.

knickscity
USA
12/29/2014  12:10 AM
Calderon needs to be traded plain and simple. This league is driven by talent on the court. You can always find a cheap vet to fill calderons role of a locker room presence.
nixluva
USA
12/29/2014  12:12 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

looks that way

I think Phil thought that he would have a 4 and a 5 in Smith and Bargs that could stretch the d and hit the open jumper and that Jose would fit well with them. He has neither of those guys so far.

Clearly JR Smith who was a Sixth Man of the Year winner and a major part of the offense was supposed to produce this year. Bargs and Jose have good history and chemistry, so i'm sure Phil was looking at that as a good pairing for Bargs to be more productive. It's just one of those years where nothing worked and they never got the engine started. The plane is still on the runway. In the end it doesn't matter since this was a one year thing and the future team was likely going to be much different. We just have to let this play out.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/29/2014  12:14 AM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knickscity wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

The coach in Detroit loved him too for the short time he was there. It's really not fair to kill the guy based on this stop in his career with so much going on here. So many key players not even in uniform. Melo hobbling around and pushing it when he should've taken time off. All the young players and bench guys who have to play major roles now. This is a tough spot for a guy that is really about moving the ball. The guys he's passing too aren't getting it done so it comes back to him and he looks like a bum.

In the end Jose is not the future solution at PG. We most surely will be bringing in another guy who is younger and more dynamic. This is a transition roster and he is a transition PG who should be a solid back up when we finally add the future starter to the roster. We need to keep things in perspective.

Calderon scks it was a huge mistake. We need to use the stretch provision on him to gain 4.5mm in cap space.
RIP Crushalot😞
mreinman

12/29/2014  12:14 AM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

looks that way

Clearly JR Smith who was a Sixth Man of the Year winner and a major part of the offense was supposed to produce this year. Bargs and Jose have good history and chemistry, so i'm sure Phil was looking at that as a good pairing for Bargs to be more productive. It's just one of those years where nothing worked and they never got the engine started. The plane is still on the runway. In the end it doesn't matter since this was a one year thing and the future team was likely going to be much different. We just have to let this play out.

JR Smith? Who expected him to do well this year?

No boneheads on this board predicted that, right?

mreinman

12/29/2014  12:15 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knickscity wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Calderon scks it was a huge mistake. We need to use the stretch provision on him to gain 4.5mm in cap space.

stretch provision LMAO

everybody's got their thing

"Blue Blue Blue Blue" thats my thing to utter

nixluva
USA
12/29/2014  12:16 AM
knickscity wrote:Calderon needs to be traded plain and simple. This league is driven by talent on the court. You can always find a cheap vet to fill calderons role of a locker room presence.

Let's remember too that Phil was trying to find a holdover PG to replace Felton who simply had to go. It's not like Phil was looking at Calderon as the final answer for the team going forward. Not a 33 year old PG who we know isn't very dynamic or a good defender. Phil was going to have to find a permanent solution at PG. This is why I really don't see all the concern about Jose. He's not our biggest issue and he's going to be pushed back to a more suitable role in the future anyway.

mreinman

12/29/2014  12:18 AM
nixluva wrote:
knickscity wrote:Calderon needs to be traded plain and simple. This league is driven by talent on the court. You can always find a cheap vet to fill calderons role of a locker room presence.

Let's remember too that Phil was trying to find a holdover PG to replace Felton who simply had to go. It's not like Phil was looking at Calderon as the final answer for the team going forward. Not a 33 year old PG who we know isn't very dynamic or a good defender. Phil was going to have to find a permanent solution at PG. This is why I really don't see all the concern about Jose. He's not our biggest issue and he's going to be pushed back to a more suitable role in the future anyway.

CAN YOU ADMIT THAT SUPER PHIL HAS SUPER FUKKED UP ? ???

A BIT?

nixluva
USA
12/29/2014  12:32 AM
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

A BIT?

Well what was the best we could've hoped for this year?d A Playoff appearance? So what really is the big whup if things didn't work? Regardless of what this team did was there really a likelyhood that this team was going remain intact? This was a throwaway season that he tried to put a group together that wouldn't mess up the plans for the future and that made a bit more sense based on how he wanted the team to play.

Overall he wasn't betting the farm on this roster. The worst thing anyone can say is that Jose is making too much money. Other than that what did he really do that was detrimental to the future of the team? Even Jose's contract isn't really standing in his way. He can resolve that if he needs to. Heck we don't even know if he plans on using all of the available cap this year on Free Agents.

We've still got the Trade Deadline, Draft and Free Agent Signing Period to see what Phil can get done. It'll be a long 7 months if we're gonna take the stance that this roster or Jose is somehow really gonna stop us from remaking this team.

mreinman

12/29/2014  12:34 AM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

A BIT?

Well what was the best we could've hoped for this year?d A Playoff appearance? So what really is the big whup if things didn't work? Regardless of what this team did was there really a likelyhood that this team was going remain intact? This was a throwaway season that he tried to put a group together that wouldn't mess up the plans for the future and that made a bit more sense based on how he wanted the team to play.

Overall he wasn't betting the farm on this roster. The worst thing anyone can say is that Jose is making too much money. Other than that what did he really do that was detrimental to the future of the team? Even Jose's contract isn't really standing in his way. He can resolve that if he needs to. Heck we don't even know if he plans on using all of the available cap this year on Free Agents.

We've still got the Trade Deadline, Draft and Free Agent Signing Period to see what Phil can get done. It'll be a long 7 months if we're gonna take the stance that this roster or Jose is somehow really gonna stop us from remaking this team.

so how do you feel that he has done thus far?

nixluva
USA
12/29/2014  12:45 AM
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

A BIT?

MEH! I don't see that it really matters. I was much more concerned with what happens this summer. That's when he makes moves that really have a lasting impact on the franchise. He has to do a great job this summer and going forward. He's just been getting his feat wet this year. He can get the kinks out and learn a bit this year. Any mistakes he's made are minimal in the overall scheme of things. IF the worst thing is that he had to use the Stretch on Jose or trade him that's not the worst mistake this franchise has ever seen a GM make.
CrushAlot
USA
12/29/2014  12:46 AM
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

A BIT?

Until there is a reactionary trade that handcuffs the team for years I will think he is doing fine.

Splat
Member: #5862

12/29/2014  1:12 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

A BIT?

Until there is a reactionary trade that handcuffs the team for years I will think he is doing fine.

As opposed to a reactionary signing that handcuffs the team for years?

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

12/29/2014  8:40 AM
Splat wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

A BIT?

As opposed to a reactionary signing that handcuffs the team for years?

this
F500ONE
Member: #5844

12/29/2014  11:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/29/2014  12:46 PM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

A BIT?

Who predicts Paramount results in a season they felt was a throwaway

You're trying to navigate your way out of a paper bag

We're not gonna let you rest on these turbulent nautical waters

Until you MAN up and say

"I was wrong about so many things about this team

I overestimated not factoring all volatile circumstances

I also was overtly critical of other teams and their ability

To achieve success not affording them the same set of possibilities to accomplish them"

BTW The Raptors are 20gms ahead of us, they have picks

And they'll have a little bit of cap space to add to their solid cultural foundation

9 P.M. GAME THREAD: Shane & Cole vs. Rainy, Green City Full of Foodies & Dopeheads

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy