[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

9 P.M. GAME THREAD: Shane & Cole vs. Rainy, Green City Full of Foodies & Dopeheads
Author Thread
Splat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5862

12/28/2014  11:07 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:For those of u who want Larkin out of town, this young kid is the only player I would keep around if I were Phil. He has heart, excellent defensive fundamentals, a pure PG, great shooting form, and a competitor. Some here simply undervalue what this kid can become. No disrespect, but u r all fools.

In the Disrespect playbook, I think you just played Option 1

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
AUTOADVERT
knickscity
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4241
USA
12/28/2014  11:07 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:For those of u who want Larkin out of town, this young kid is the only player I would keep around if I were Phil. He has heart, excellent defensive fundamentals, a pure PG, great shooting form, and a competitor. Some here simply undervalue what this kid can become. No disrespect, but u r all fools.

Phil disagrees, didnt even pick up his option. So he'll likely have to look for a backup thats as good as the one he'll likely lose.

Think about it.....1.7 mil.

Splat

12/28/2014  11:08 PM
knickscity wrote:

Phil disagrees, didnt even pick up his option. So he'll likely have to look for a backup thats as good as the one he'll likely lose.

Think about it.....1.7 mil.

Melo makes that in six games, throw the kid a bone Phil!

ScoreBot
12/28/2014  11:10 PM
Final  
POR 101 NYK 79
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/28/2014  11:11 PM
Switching over to the raps/nugs. The raptors are starting to pull ahead but this has been a close game all night. Announcers talking about Wilson having a great game.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
F500ONE
Member: #5844

12/28/2014  11:14 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Switching over to the raps/nugs. The raptors are starting to pull ahead but this has been a close game all night. Announcers talking about Wilson having a great game.

Been watching this, he's been very good almost all year

He's had a couple dud games but he's old Knick Wilson these days

The Raptors are so good though Lowry and Lou "Nothing To Get All Crazy About" Williams

The two of them have been lights out

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/28/2014  11:15 PM
Splat wrote:
nixluva wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
knickscity wrote:I see Calderon still cant shoot. I guess he'll hit a few when they team gets down by 25.

If it's not a 3, strong chance he's kick starting

The offense in the wrong direction, he's been wretched past 3gms

And bobbin and weaving in and out of "mediocre" past dozen games or so

But hey it's the guards fault the reason Jose isn't a HOO-RAY

What is THJ shooting tonight? I can understand guys being upset with Jose not having a good season but it happens. He's still not our biggest problem. He's out there to pass the ball but he can't make guys hit shots. In this offense he isn't supposed to be a big scoring option. He doesn't even have a good PNR partner to work with on the team right now which is one of his strengths.

So with his shot not being consistent it makes his weaknesses more prominent. He has been a solid PG IN HIS CAREER! Now his one down year and you guys wanna make it sound like he's a bum. Typical.

If he wasn't a Knick you wouldn't even care one bit. Not that you should, but as soon as he became a Knick you have worked overtime to mine his stats and build a story about how good he really he is. Give up. You're tiring us out.

I don't understand. I never bring him up. I just defend his role here. Dude is struggling but can you at least be fair to him under these circumstances? We shouldn't even have to be talking about him if the team is healthy and guys who are supposed to be scoring were doing their job. Jose is not a big scorer but since no one else is shooting worth a damn it makes him the target?

You guys just love to jump on me for supporting our own players. He was supposed to have a very simple role here. Pass, hit open shots and not turn it over. Those were his strengths coming in and he was not supposed to be a big scorer here. That's not why he was brought in.

CrushAlot
USA
12/28/2014  11:18 PM
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Switching over to the raps/nugs. The raptors are starting to pull ahead but this has been a close game all night. Announcers talking about Wilson having a great game.

Been watching this, he's been very good almost all year

He's had a couple dud games but he's old Knick Wilson these days

The Raptors are so good though Lowry and Lou "Nothing To Get All Crazy About" Williams

The two of them have been lights out

Lowry just seems to get better and better.
knickscity
USA
12/28/2014  11:21 PM
nixluva wrote:
Splat wrote:
nixluva wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
knickscity wrote:I see Calderon still cant shoot. I guess he'll hit a few when they team gets down by 25.

What is THJ shooting tonight? I can understand guys being upset with Jose not having a good season but it happens. He's still not our biggest problem. He's out there to pass the ball but he can't make guys hit shots. In this offense he isn't supposed to be a big scoring option. He doesn't even have a good PNR partner to work with on the team right now which is one of his strengths.

So with his shot not being consistent it makes his weaknesses more prominent. He has been a solid PG IN HIS CAREER! Now his one down year and you guys wanna make it sound like he's a bum. Typical.

If he wasn't a Knick you wouldn't even care one bit. Not that you should, but as soon as he became a Knick you have worked overtime to mine his stats and build a story about how good he really he is. Give up. You're tiring us out.

I don't understand. I never bring him up. I just defend his role here. Dude is struggling but can you at least be fair to him under these circumstances? We shouldn't even have to be talking about him if the team is healthy and guys who are supposed to be scoring were doing their job. Jose is not a big scorer but since no one else is shooting worth a damn it makes him the target?

You guys just love to jump on me for supporting our own players. He was supposed to have a very simple role here. Pass, hit open shots and not turn it over. Those were his strengths coming in and he was not supposed to be a big scorer here. That's not why he was brought in.

Thats not why folks jump on you. You called Calderon a leader, a great shooter, and an undeniable upgrade to this team.

He has NEVER been those things in the NBA. The Raptors and Pistons sucked with him, his shooting is inconsistent, and he isnt an upgrade. He isnt even taking more shots than normal for his career on average.

His best play has always been off the ball and a non starter.

Splat

12/28/2014  11:21 PM
nixluva wrote:
Splat wrote:
nixluva wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

Well, you bring him up all the time. And you love to defend him strenuously. So I dunno that your self-image matches reality because you're a huge Calderon pumper.

Anyway, its simple. He has never been a really good player by NBA standards EVER. He has been competent in a couple of categories. That's fine. But overstating that he has ever been good is just sad man. You once said he was a top PG and you believed your own words. You make kool-aid and serve it to yourself.

Calderon is no longer able to hang in the NBA. His already slow, horrid defense will only get worse if that's possible. He is not equipped to match up with young NBA thugs. He is completely overmatched.

His contract is disgusting.

Seriously, save yourself some face and stop promoting this guy. It is making you look dense.

I'd rather you save your abundance of enthusiasm for something legit. There's not much so I understand someone with your disposition is grasping for straws, but if there isn't really that much positive to say you could start by not inventing nonsense. You invent tons of it. Calderon is exhibit A. He's not a starter quality PG. The longer you keep saying he is the more weird you become. Seriously, I'm doing you a favor. Just drop it. Its so lame.

CrushAlot
USA
12/28/2014  11:22 PM
nixluva wrote:
Splat wrote:
nixluva wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

Calderon has great numbers pre-knick. He also has been raved about by his former coaches and is loved as a teammate. He is struggling but it is at least in part because the Knicks roster is so limited. Nix you never posted anything that wasn't accurate. I would love to have seen the Knicks start the season healthy. I do think Jose and Bargs fit the triangle. I can't begin to explain how disappointed I am with Bargs. I think Phil was looking at him as a guy he might bring back. Too bad. I think Jose fits if the Knicks stay with the triangle and add the right guys.
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

12/28/2014  11:23 PM
nixluva wrote:
Splat wrote:
nixluva wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

Papabear Says

I bet if Woody was still the Knicks coach his record would be much better that what we have now. I think that Phil Jackson is over his head and the only reason why Dolan brought him to the Knicks was to sign Melo. Phil was a great coach and always with 2 star players. What doe's Melo have? Nothing!

Papabear
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
12/28/2014  11:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/28/2014  11:33 PM
Papabear wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Splat wrote:
nixluva wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

Papabear Says

I bet if Woody was still the Knicks coach his record would be much better that what we have now. I think that Phil Jackson is over his head and the only reason why Dolan brought him to the Knicks was to sign Melo. Phil was a great coach and always with 2 star players. What doe's Melo have? Nothing!

Melo has what he choose to have... $126 mils contract.
Very cool nothing it is...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
nixluva
USA
12/28/2014  11:42 PM
OK let's just stop the BS. I don't bring up Jose, I respond to over the top criticism of the guy.

1. He has for his career been a low FGA, high FG%, Solid Assist and low turnover PG. No one held him out to be anymore than that. Those were his strengths coming in and in this system all he was needed for was what most Triangle PG's do, with the exception of him not being a good defender.

2. The reason you are even paying so much attention to him is because the rest of the team is not playing well. In particular our SG's are either injured or not shooting worth a darn. Not to mention all the other guys who were supposed to have prominent roles who are not playing either. Jose was brought in to set up our scorers. Melo, JR, Bargs, STAT, THJ etc. He was not supposed to be a lead scoring guard.

3. This year he got off to a bad start with the leg injury and perhaps at this age he was not able to get it back. I can't tell you why he's suddenly not shooting like he has his entire career. Whatever the reason I'm pretty sure that not having teammates playing well isn't making it any easier on him. STOP MAKING THIS ALL ABOUT JOSE!

GP	MPG	FGM-FGA	 FG%	3PM-3PA	3P%	FTM-FTA	 FT%	RPG	APG	BLKPG	STLPG	PFPG	TOPG	PPG
2014-15 19 31.6 3.7-8.7 .430 1.6-3.7 .437 0.8-0.8 1.000 3.4 4.5 0.0 0.8 1.6 1.5 9.9
Career 653 28.9 3.9-8.2 .478 1.1-2.7 .412 1.3-1.4 .876 2.5 6.8 0.1 0.9 1.7 1.7 10.2

We can see Jose is a bit off this year but the losing situation is making it seems worse than it is. He's not our biggest problem. We had 3 SG's who are supposed to be scorers in this offense.

Tim Hardawy Jr. is the only healthy SG left and he's not exactly lighting it up.

2014-15 32 21.8 3.8-9.6 .396 1.5-4.5 .333 1.8-2.0 .889 1.9 1.5 0.2 0.3 1.5 1.0 10.9

JR Smith wasn't helping either when he was playing

GP	MPG	FGM-FGA	FG%	3PM-3PA	3P%	FTM-FTA	FT%	RPG	APG	BLKPG	STLPG	PFPG	TOPG	PPG
2014-15 21 25.1 4.0-9.8 .410 1.1-3.4 .324 1.2-1.7 .722 2.2 3.3 0.2 0.7 2.0 1.9 10.3

Shump had his moments but still we're looking at all 3 of our SG shooting a lower FG% than Jose.

2014-15 24 26.0 3.7-9.0 .409 1.0-2.8 .348 1.0-1.5 .676 3.4 3.3 0.1 1.3 2.8 1.8 9.3
knickscity
USA
12/28/2014  11:46 PM
Ok, so maybe he's having a slump...I dont think so.....but is Calderon a leader? No and never has been. Leaders dont lose the majority of their career.
CrushAlot
USA
12/28/2014  11:56 PM
knickscity wrote:Ok, so maybe he's having a slump...I dont think so.....but is Calderon a leader? No and never has been. Leaders dont lose the majority of their career.
Casey raved about him and called him a leader. Said he helped a lot of the guys on the raps when they were just coming into the league.
knickscity
USA
12/28/2014  11:58 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
knickscity wrote:Ok, so maybe he's having a slump...I dont think so.....but is Calderon a leader? No and never has been. Leaders dont lose the majority of their career.
Casey raved about him and called him a leader. Said he helped a lot of the guys on the raps when they were just coming into the league.

yet had no issue with him being traded. betcha he wouldnt take calderon over lowry. Coaches say alot of things we know aint true.

leaders arent leading losing teams. Raptors were a losing team the majority of the time calderon was there.

nixluva
USA
12/28/2014  11:59 PM

I can understand that people don't see his leadership, but he's not that kind of leader. He's a good lockerroom presence and floor general, but not a TAKE CHARGE type of leader. I think people confuse the term as if it only has one meaning. Who would suggest that he's a leader likely to take over the game and lead the charge over the hill. It would be more noticeable in his scoring if he was that kind of player. Also when other players aren't hitting shots it's hard to look like you're having any impact, even if you're setting them up properly. He and Prigioni are Eruo style PG's they are team players but you can't expect them to be like CP3 or Derek Rose. IMO he's pretty much what I expected him to be with the exception of his shooting being a bit off. Not to mention that we don't even provide the PnR looks that he usually thrives on. It's a tough spot for him right now.

mreinman
Member: #3189

12/28/2014  11:59 PM
calderon has always shot very well ... he is not this year

lets not kill his career because of this year. His defense maybe always sucked but not his efficiency until this year.

calling him a career loser may be unfair and could very much depend on the teams that he has played on.

I think that he could be valuable on the right team.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
F500ONE
Member: #5844

12/29/2014  12:01 AM
mreinman wrote:calderon has always shot very well ... he is not this year

lets not kill his career because of this year. His defense maybe always sucked but not his efficiency until this year.

calling him a career loser may be unfair and could very much depend on the teams that he has played on.

I think that he could be valuable on the right team.

We most certainly weren't that "right team"

And surely shouldn't have traded for him

9 P.M. GAME THREAD: Shane & Cole vs. Rainy, Green City Full of Foodies & Dopeheads

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy