[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Deep and good coaching.....
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/11/2004  10:39 AM

Detroit is for real. This team is deep and has great coaching. and no real superstars for that matter. They are playing team ball on both ends and role players are doing what they need to do.

Larry is flat out using his bench to kill the lakers. He is doing a masterful job coaching and I hope he is finally able to win a tittle.

they look like they are having fun and not just "playing for salary".

I feel for Karl Malone as he is a warrior. Payton looks miserable and I can't beleive his game turned that bad so fast. This is not what he signed up for.

Finally Phil, whom is a Knick, and Red Holtzmans deciple might fall short of all time NBA greatness this year.

Phil Should have been a Knick coach before his Chicago run but Starphuching prevented him from getting the love. Fret no more, we got Lenny!

I am encouraged by the pistons for our Knicks as it proves great teams can be constucted without superstar players. Its great when a team buys into their roles and plays as a single entity.
AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/11/2004  11:20 AM
This will be a big blow for those(like myself) who believe you need superstars to win in the NBA. I mean this will be a real big blow...If the pistons do win that is... But as bad as the lakers look, this series is far from over, I really think game 2 is going to haunt the pistons... they should be up 3-0..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
6/11/2004  11:28 AM
Posted by tkf:

This will be a big blow for those(like myself) who believe you need superstars to win in the NBA. I mean this will be a real big blow...If the pistons do win that is... But as bad as the lakers look, this series is far from over, I really think game 2 is going to haunt the pistons... they should be up 3-0..

the funny thing is, the pistons were the last team to win without a "true" or top 5 superstar. the closest they got was isiah. since then, it's been magic, jordan, hakeem, tim, shaq/kobe...
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
6/11/2004  11:35 AM
isiah was a superstar. he could carry his team to victory, played hurt, was clutch...

but other than that, you're pretty right. Those 2 teams are very similar in every aspects.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/11/2004  11:41 AM
the lakers have had a good deal of luck along the way, not just this year but in year's past. Sacremento was better than the Lakers 2 years ago and Portland was better in 2000--both teams had more quality depth. This team is very much like the 1990 Pistons, a great deal of length, guys who could score in the backcourt and a very solid bench. They dont have superstars per-se, but when you start adding up the rips the sheeds big ben etc.. and into the bench, it adds up. You have a lot of fringe all-stars who are unselfish and team-oriented. When your defense is that good, you only need to add up 84+ points. Im not counting the Lakers out of this in anyway--but i think Detroit-since it acquired sheed has the best record in basketball and has been playing like the best team. The Lakers have been hurt by not having the early season version of Karl Malone when he was giving 16-11-4 but thats what you get with older players, the reliabilty factor of guys 35+ is just so questionable.
RIP Crushalot😞
Deep and good coaching.....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy