[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Brook and Deron
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
12/21/2014  11:05 AM
EnySpree wrote:
smackeddog wrote:EnySpree, you are even worse than me as far as GM skills go!

Reading various threads, it seems you want us to field a team of Brook, David Lee and Deron Williams

I'm just trying to comb the league for a way to get back some real talent.

Getting Deron Williams would significantly upgrade the backcourt. Nets get cap relief they want and Deron will be in the triangle which would probably add years to his playing career. Calderon would be fantastic as a reserve for us.

Brook would also be nice to have at center instead of Amare and Dalembert with this triangle.

Going after David Lee would bring intelligence to the inside game. I think he would fit well with Melo at the 3.

only problem is the Knicks can't get all these guys at the same time at least right now. You can't tell me getting these guys wouldn't significantly help the cause. It's not sexy or highly written or talked about but combing the league, you gotta say it makes sense

I know you're trying to find upgrades, but you're forgetting rule 1 of Knick player acquisitions:

"Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong"

If we acquire a player with a history of injuries (as Deron and Lopez do), they will go down with said injuries. Happens every time. Then we'd be stuck with their salaries for years to come (as is the mistake we usually make). Further more, Deron's attitude is toxic, and we know from Marbury etc, NY brings out the worst in players. Lopez doesn't rebound or play defense, and is selfish. We've seen how that ends too. Nets actually play better without him.

If we landed Lee, it means no significant signing this offseason- is it worth it? We know from his stint here, Lee posts empty stats- see how the warriors thrive without him? Lee plays zero defense. He's about to decline. I can understand trading for him in the offseason AFTER we've spent all our money, but whats the point in getting him now and destroying our cap space?

AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/21/2014  12:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/21/2014  12:54 PM
All the injury stuff is valid complaints. Lees empty stats and zero defense is a very true argument.

Marc Gasol is the gem of the off season. That dude is injury prone and declining. Monroe can be described as a stat padder as well as being a poor defender.

so we're basically screwed unless we can be lucky enough to get the #1 pick bit even then we have to wait for them to develop.

I could see reggie Jackson coming...I could see dragic too...to play with who?

Nothing is guaranteed and there will be another let down if anyone thinks these little upgrades will make a real impact. .... that's even if we can get them here. We might not get anyone. Imagine that?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
12/21/2014  1:32 PM
EnySpree wrote:All the injury stuff is valid complaints. Lees empty stats and zero defense is a very true argument.

Marc Gasol is the gem of the off season. That dude is injury prone and declining. Monroe can be described as a stat padder as well as being a poor defender.

so we're basically screwed unless we can be lucky enough to get the #1 pick bit even then we have to wait for them to develop.

I could see reggie Jackson coming...I could see dragic too...to play with who?

Nothing is guaranteed and there will be another let down if anyone thinks these little upgrades will make a real impact. .... that's even if we can get them here. We might not get anyone. Imagine that?

Then we just do what the Sixers did this season- help facilitate trades and take on contracts in exchange for cheap young players and second round picks. The Lakers got a first for taking on Lin's contract. It's a better situation to be in than being called out on poor players.

Brook and Deron

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy