Amare has really come on on the defensive end
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/22/2014  11:23 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:There can be no complaints about him. He shows up plays hard plays well and has been our best two way player.

1) STAT is in a contract year. Knicks fans and basketball fans alike can have the same fair question - Where was this effort the last three years?

IMHO, STAT is another walking test case for why the NBA should have widespread use of non guaranteed contracts ( I absolutely guarantee you, STAT would be busting his ass out each night if he knew he could get cut at any point with no further pay. He'd give 100 percent on defense the whole time, he'd avoid all that extra curricular celebrity/icon/branding stuff he likes to do and just focus on the game, and he's say fewer dumb things in the press)

+1 for the first paragraph.
2nd paragraph: the players aren't going to let the owners bail themselves out of their own stupidity.
Give Amare 1 year contracts for the rest of his career (or just sign more dependable players).

The 1st paragraph is like saying, where was D rose effort the last 2 seasons..Cmon now the dude was begging for more PT when they had him on the stupid min restrictions. Can we just give the guy credit for stepping up and not find every little thing to bitch about him..You guys kill me with this Amare non sense. He is who he is, but he does have value.

ES
AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Member: #3189

12/22/2014  11:50 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:There can be no complaints about him. He shows up plays hard plays well and has been our best two way player.

1) STAT is in a contract year. Knicks fans and basketball fans alike can have the same fair question - Where was this effort the last three years?

IMHO, STAT is another walking test case for why the NBA should have widespread use of non guaranteed contracts ( I absolutely guarantee you, STAT would be busting his ass out each night if he knew he could get cut at any point with no further pay. He'd give 100 percent on defense the whole time, he'd avoid all that extra curricular celebrity/icon/branding stuff he likes to do and just focus on the game, and he's say fewer dumb things in the press)

2nd paragraph: the players aren't going to let the owners bail themselves out of their own stupidity.
Give Amare 1 year contracts for the rest of his career (or just sign more dependable players).

The 1st paragraph is like saying, where was D rose effort the last 2 seasons..Cmon now the dude was begging for more PT when they had him on the stupid min restrictions. Can we just give the guy credit for stepping up and not find every little thing to bitch about him..You guys kill me with this Amare non sense. He is who he is, but he does have value.

any you think that he is worth more than the rest of us

so here is what phil is thinking ....
knicks1248
Member: #582
12/22/2014  12:56 PM
mreinman wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

any you think that he is worth more than the rest of us

Honestly..I don't know what he's worth, but I know he can still play at a high level. On the right team with the right coach, and a solid PG, along with a few good perimeter defenders, he will have a nice impact.

On a team with lousy perimeter defenders who seemingly let their man blow by them every possession, a losing culture, and mockery rotation, thats not a good fit..

ES
Splat
Member: #5862

12/22/2014  2:55 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

2) STAT violates the basic Triangle principles to get his raw numbers, his raw counting statistics. He should be a facilitator in the high post based on how the Triangle should operate. Instead, he's a lousy passer who simply doesn't pass, he's an offensive black hole. He gets the ball, he's going to shoot, not because he's the best play, but because raw numbers will help his free agency cause in the offseason.

Briggs, sometimes I wonder if you went to high school with STAT or you won some Knicks fan contest to have dinner with STAT or your relatives somewhere work with his relatives or something because your simple refusal to accept any of his basketball flaws is baffling. How can you watch as much college games and college prospects as you do and not openly see how STAT, even outside the raw counting numbers, hurts this team and is ill suited for the Triangle Offense.

You claim others are not objective about STAT, but you defend him to the point of chiseling down on your credibility as an evaluator of basic NBA talent/skill. It's almost like you work out at the same gym with him and you both Cross Fit together or something.

Briggs, Fish & Amare bath in red wine together every night!

That's right. They call it the 55% Club

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/22/2014  3:20 PM
TripleThreat wrote:

2) STAT violates the basic Triangle principles to get his raw numbers, his raw counting statistics. He should be a facilitator in the high post based on how the Triangle should operate. Instead, he's a lousy passer who simply doesn't pass, he's an offensive black hole. He gets the ball, he's going to shoot, not because he's the best play, but because raw numbers will help his free agency cause in the offseason.

Briggs, sometimes I wonder if you went to high school with STAT or you won some Knicks fan contest to have dinner with STAT or your relatives somewhere work with his relatives or something because your simple refusal to accept any of his basketball flaws is baffling. How can you watch as much college games and college prospects as you do and not openly see how STAT, even outside the raw counting numbers, hurts this team and is ill suited for the Triangle Offense.

You claim others are not objective about STAT, but you defend him to the point of chiseling down on your credibility as an evaluator of basic NBA talent/skill. It's almost like you work out at the same gym with him and you both Cross Fit together or something.

Basically I have said give Stat a one year contract worth 4mm$ as we transition over 1 year 4mm with a team option for 2. EVEN if we hit the draft jackpot and add a second or third talent--we will be devoid of players next year. I don't know how long you've watched the Knicks--me 40 years +. I think many people here know I wanted to draft Amare--I made about 250 threads on why we should draft him--and I think I was right. But forget that. Signing Amare Stoudemire to a 5 year 100mm $ deal is something i was AGAINST. I always loved Amare but no way could I sign off on my team taking on such a high risk contract--it was insane--AND we gave up David Lee AND Zach Randolph. Lets give Amare some credit--his first year--it was the best individual year my a Knicks player in atleast a decade. Offense and defense--playing an undersized 5--he was great. Then he got hurt. He couldve EASILY given up numerous times said fck it--Ive got my 100mm but the guy is a hrd worker a guy who spent his own money to train with hakeem to improve. A guy who has basically done anything to get back out on the court. And when he is on the court--he plays 100% every time. Is he the best defensive player--no but he certainly is no where near the worst. Also give credit to Amare for high productivity in limited minutes. You or others might not like him--but hes a solid bench player--one of the most productive bench players in the league. Now every time we try to make him a starter and play him pat that 30 minute threshold--we end up here--hes out. I dont see Amare playing for a contract--hes got his. I think he wants to win. But hes a 20 minute #7 or 8 player. And every time he has to sit out like this--those 4mm$ I talk about take a slight hit. I'm not really making a big deal over Amare--I just understand we are going to have 10 open roster spots. We need players and having Amare 1 more year as a back up 4-5 for 20 minutes at 4mm isnt that big of a deal. If there is a problem--go talk to Jimmy D who paid him 100mm. Im talking 1 year rental while we transition.

RIP Crushalot😞
Amare has really come on on the defensive end

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy