[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Amare has really come on on the defensive end
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/18/2014  11:49 PM
There can be no complaints about him. He shows up plays hard plays well and has been our best two way player.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

12/18/2014  11:51 PM
MODS? MODS? WHERE YOU GUYS AT?

WE GOT A RUNAWAY CAN YOU TAKE HIM BACK TO BELLVUE AND DELETE THIS POSTS BEFORE ANYONE GETS HURT.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

12/18/2014  11:53 PM
Like I said people see what they want to see.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/18/2014  11:55 PM
I thought Amare was as atrocious defensively as always tonight
Splat
Member: #5862

12/19/2014  12:15 AM

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/19/2014  5:57 AM
Amare by the #s:

Own vs. opponent production (15.0 being average): 21.5 and 18.0
Offensive vs. defensive rating: 111 and 107
Win shares per 48: .135 (.100 is average)

He's probably producing a little more than he's giving up and a slightly above average NBA player right now. It's a contract year and he has an old body though. We can't give him more than like 2 yrs, 8 mil. Otherwise, we should let him walk.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/19/2014  6:56 AM
I can't stand Amare as you guys know.... but I'll give him credit. He's greatly improved his defense and has been bringing it offensively and the boards. I say that only to call him a bumbling idiot/black hole in the next sentence.

Dude is always a step or two late making cuts on offense and on reads on defense. If he's not bullying the defense inside, he's losing the ball, falling on the ball...just stumbling and bumbling. He does that at least 2 times a game. He's a horrible passer. At this stage he's a armor Gilliam, Antoine carr, wayman tisdale kinda guy off the bench for a good team.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/19/2014  7:09 AM
I think what briggs is saying is he is trying more. IM sure the stats are not there but there are times in the game he does.

Last nite Barkley was all over Fish for not putting him back in . He came back and knicks got the lead back. What charles was not totally in synch was that Amare was not even suppose to play last nite and you can see when he did come back a few times He was struggling getting back up the court.

My take is Fish waited because if he didn't Amare could not finish. As it stands, the bulls finished strong anyway. Fish knew what he was doing but it was not enough. Amare had not much in the tank and it showed.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

12/19/2014  7:43 AM
Nalod wrote:I think what briggs is saying is he is trying more. IM sure the stats are not there but there are times in the game he does.

Last nite Barkley was all over Fish for not putting him back in . He came back and knicks got the lead back. What charles was not totally in synch was that Amare was not even suppose to play last nite and you can see when he did come back a few times He was struggling getting back up the court.

My take is Fish waited because if he didn't Amare could not finish. As it stands, the bulls finished strong anyway. Fish knew what he was doing but it was not enough. Amare had not much in the tank and it showed.

Did they? I thought they just cut the deficit down to one when he returned.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
12/19/2014  8:01 AM
While I agree that Amare tries and he made a few nice D plays last night, it seems that every big shot is made by his guy.

The feed to Gasol under the hoop by Brooks was the killer last night. Amare was behind Gasol.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/19/2014  8:24 AM
his fundamentals stink especially when his man doesnt have the ball. That being said there is effort there and he's still good enough a player to make some plays on defense.

It would be nice if we put the "he does nothing and doesnt even try" type comments to rest as they simply arent true. 4 blocks last night and he's always OK when guarding the guy with the ball.

Amare is not a good defensive player, but he's not a waste of space. The effort is there. Other parts of his game are still there. It would be nice if he plays his way off the roster and we get something nice back... anything useful really

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knicks1248
Member: #582
12/19/2014  11:11 AM
this guy had more blocks then anyone on the court, had a couple of steals, and plays with more energy than any player on the roster, and you guys still find ways to trash him, Noah looked like trash.

The problem with Amare sometimes is that (Like everyone on the roster) theirs to much separation from the man they are guarding. Not enough see the ball see your man.

But here's where thibs was smart, he let Noah guard Amare, but Amare guarded Gasol on the other end, and just like THJ, they sray to far from there man. It's a IQ thing, the effort is there for both of them, but there just not smart defenders.

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/19/2014  11:17 AM
knicks1248 wrote:this guy had more blocks then anyone on the court, had a couple of steals, and plays with more energy than any player on the roster, and you guys still find ways to trash him, Noah looked like trash.

The problem with Amare sometimes is that (Like everyone on the roster) theirs to much separation from the man they are guarding. Not enough see the ball see your man.

But here's where thibs was smart, he let Noah guard Amare, but Amare guarded Gasol on the other end, and just like THJ, they sray to far from there man. It's a IQ thing, the effort is there for both of them, but there just not smart defenders.

great post. Bang on
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
mreinman
Member: #3189

12/19/2014  11:18 AM
knicks1248 wrote:this guy had more blocks then anyone on the court, had a couple of steals, and plays with more energy than any player on the roster, and you guys still find ways to trash him, Noah looked like trash.

ok ... they are idiot defenders with low IQ but they have been giving effort.

that works for me.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Splat
Member: #5862

12/19/2014  7:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/19/2014  7:45 PM
This is the level much of Knicks fandom has descended to.

Lauding a stupid player for playing hard.

That is the best barometer for the status of this franchise. The fan base will accept stupidity as long as the effort is there.

No intelligence, so even the dumbest player on the team can make themselves stand out by playing harder.

The Knicks and a fair portion of its fans are resolutely stuck in a gutter mentality where settling for glimmers of shiny bullchit amidst abject failure becomes the acceptable norm.

Positivity comes from having standards AND FOLLOWING THEM THROUGH. The real idiots are the ones who attack the truth and call it negativity. Until some of you guys demand more from this franchise, you'll settle for scraps and call it being positive.

This franchise is toast. Stop lying to yourselves that it is going to turn around soon.

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
Knicks1969
Member: #5915

12/19/2014  9:49 PM
Amare? Seriously?
Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
TPercy
Member: #5748

12/19/2014  9:59 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:Amare? Seriously?

Exactly! His clumsy stupid ass cost us the game! him and THJR's atrocious defending on butler when he was guarding him.
The Future is Bright!
Knicks1969
Member: #5915

12/19/2014  10:01 PM
TPercy wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:Amare? Seriously?

Exactly! His clumsy stupid ass cost us the game! him and THJR's atrocious defending on butler when he was guarding him.

THJ was tortured by butler, but butler does that to anyone who guards him

Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/20/2014  5:53 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:There can be no complaints about him. He shows up plays hard plays well and has been our best two way player.

1) STAT is in a contract year. Knicks fans and basketball fans alike can have the same fair question - Where was this effort the last three years?

IMHO, STAT is another walking test case for why the NBA should have widespread use of non guaranteed contracts ( I absolutely guarantee you, STAT would be busting his ass out each night if he knew he could get cut at any point with no further pay. He'd give 100 percent on defense the whole time, he'd avoid all that extra curricular celebrity/icon/branding stuff he likes to do and just focus on the game, and he's say fewer dumb things in the press)

2) STAT violates the basic Triangle principles to get his raw numbers, his raw counting statistics. He should be a facilitator in the high post based on how the Triangle should operate. Instead, he's a lousy passer who simply doesn't pass, he's an offensive black hole. He gets the ball, he's going to shoot, not because he's the best play, but because raw numbers will help his free agency cause in the offseason.

Briggs, sometimes I wonder if you went to high school with STAT or you won some Knicks fan contest to have dinner with STAT or your relatives somewhere work with his relatives or something because your simple refusal to accept any of his basketball flaws is baffling. How can you watch as much college games and college prospects as you do and not openly see how STAT, even outside the raw counting numbers, hurts this team and is ill suited for the Triangle Offense.

You claim others are not objective about STAT, but you defend him to the point of chiseling down on your credibility as an evaluator of basic NBA talent/skill. It's almost like you work out at the same gym with him and you both Cross Fit together or something.

Briggs, Fish & Amare bath in red wine together every night!

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/20/2014  6:41 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:There can be no complaints about him. He shows up plays hard plays well and has been our best two way player.

1) STAT is in a contract year. Knicks fans and basketball fans alike can have the same fair question - Where was this effort the last three years?

IMHO, STAT is another walking test case for why the NBA should have widespread use of non guaranteed contracts ( I absolutely guarantee you, STAT would be busting his ass out each night if he knew he could get cut at any point with no further pay. He'd give 100 percent on defense the whole time, he'd avoid all that extra curricular celebrity/icon/branding stuff he likes to do and just focus on the game, and he's say fewer dumb things in the press)

+1 for the first paragraph.
2nd paragraph: the players aren't going to let the owners bail themselves out of their own stupidity.
Give Amare 1 year contracts for the rest of his career (or just sign more dependable players).
Amare has really come on on the defensive end

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy