[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

BLAME IT ALL ON FISHER
Author Thread
Knicks1969
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5915

12/18/2014  10:52 PM
I am now convinced he is the reason why we lost as many games as we have so far. His many different lineups, his insistence on starting Shump/Acy/Dalembert,and the multiple minutes he played JR over THJ have all contributed to the Knicks as the pariah of the league. I know we are not very talented, but we are not as bad as our records reflect.
Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

12/18/2014  10:53 PM
Stop looking to pin blame on someone and accept the fact the we are just not a good team....
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/18/2014  10:57 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:I am now convinced he is the reason why we lost as many games as we have so far. His many different lineups, his insistence on starting Shump/Acy/Dalembert,and the multiple minutes he played JR over THJ have all contributed to the Knicks as the pariah of the league. I know we are not very talented, but we are not as bad as our records reflect.

To be honest he's not expected to have it all together right out the box. J Kidd struggled too. Unless he had a set roster with a great core like Golden State, where I could coach them to a decent record. In this case due to the injuries and guys playing up and down it's hard for a coach to just trust a set group even when they're struggling. Especially when many of the guys aren't stars. It's tough to blame Fish with all the issues we've had to deal with health wise and with guys slumping or playing up and down.

Despite all that this team has been in a LOT of close games. If Melo and others were fully healthy from day one, we might have won a lot more of those games and the rotations would've been set.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/18/2014  10:59 PM
We are 2nd worst in the league.

True this team has more talent, but as the man on TV said, its a culture change and we got guys not bought in for all the reasons mentioned.

nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
12/18/2014  10:59 PM
ugh shut the **** up. so tired of these lame ass threads. you and ****ing fitzfarm.. give it up the team SUCKS
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
nixluva
USA
12/18/2014  11:06 PM
nyk4ever wrote:ugh shut the **** up. so tired of these lame ass threads. you and ****ing fitzfarm.. give it up the team SUCKS

It's more than the team sucks. There is so much going on. Injuries to key guys. New Coach. New System that most say isn't intuitive and none of our players have played in it before. Young Players. Vets who are hard to teach new tricks. Lots of guys playing for a new contract but not expecting to stick here.

Despite all of that the team has actually been in a lot of these games. There haven't been a lot of wire to wire blowouts. That means there is some talent here despite the record. It would've made all the difference if you added just one good player. A PG like Lowry would've made a huge impact in a lot of these games but I can think of a number of guys that could've helped this team if they had them. Sometimes we just needed one reliable shot creator to get over the hump.

Knicks1969

12/18/2014  11:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/18/2014  11:24 PM
As much as I am willing to be patient with Fisher, he needs to win me over by showing that he knows what he has on the roster. Playing Jayson smith and JR, when you have tougher and more consistent players on the roster is asinine. Have you ever seen Jayson Smith going for a rebound? Have you ever seen JR trying to make decisions with the ball? He should have committed to develop Larkin and THJ From the jump. By now, they would have been much further in their developments. Injuries or not, there is no reason why we have had as many lineups as we had.

Travis Wear is a better, younger, tougher player than SMITH. THJ is the future and needs to be molded as our starting SG. Play them heavy minutes and coach them through their mistakes. Stop pulling them off the court as soon as they make a mistake

nixluva
USA
12/19/2014  12:03 AM
Knicks1969 wrote:As much as I am willing to be patient with Fisher, he needs to win me over by showing that he knows what he has on the roster. Playing Jayson smith and JR, when you have tougher and more consistent players on the roster is asinine. Have you ever seen Jayson Smith going for a rebound? Have you ever seen JR trying to make decisions with the ball? He should have committed to develop Larkin and THJ From the jump. By now, they would have been much further in their developments. Injuries or not, there is no reason why we have had as many lineups as we had.

Travis Wear is a better, younger, tougher player than SMITH. THJ is the future and needs to be molded as our starting SG. Play them heavy minutes and coach them through their mistakes. Stop pulling them off the court as soon as they make a mistake

MEH! You do realize that this team has only played 28 games. It's not like we've played a half or 3/4 of the season. I mean can we give our rookie coach a chance to make mistakes with a roster full of unreliable players? If we had guys that were locks to get it done every night we wouldn't be looking to change the roster. Doesn't mean this team shouldn't have won more games, but it's not a cut and dry decision on who to play and when. I think you may be a bit too harsh on Fish.
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
12/19/2014  4:57 AM
I see the same usuals running to protect their love unconditionally. This team is garbage, that was known from day one. Blaming injuries on the record is a poor way of thinking when these same cats were praising the depth the team has.

Fisher has compunded things by not setting down a stable rotation, when he very well could have. The only player of note that was injured was Calderon. Fisher has been rotating every other position as well, when 4 of the 5 starters were available pretty much every game.

smackeddog
Member: #883
12/19/2014  5:09 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/19/2014  5:10 AM
Knicks1969 wrote:I am now convinced he is the reason why we lost as many games as we have so far. His many different lineups, his insistence on starting Shump/Acy/Dalembert,and the multiple minutes he played JR over THJ have all contributed to the Knicks as the pariah of the league. I know we are not very talented, but we are not as bad as our records reflect.

This is all you do- start threads and make posts blasting Fisher, it's getting old. So you really think this team, which is crap at full strength, sans Melo, sans JR! Sans Shump, sans Bargs should have beaten the Bulls? Get a grip.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/19/2014  7:31 AM
Amare was gassed. Put him in too early the bulls might not have built as much lead, but he tired quickly and Bulls pulled it out. Amare looked wiped out.

Bulls are deep. We are not even close.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
12/19/2014  7:39 AM
They actually played pretty well last night. He has not lost the team as they were all up and cheering at the end, when they got it down to 1 point.

Some people can only see the negative. I would suggest changing your perspective and looking at the good that will come from the struggles they are experiencing now.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
12/19/2014  7:50 AM
My biggest critique of Fisher is him not playing Cole Aldrich. I would have liked to have seen him start from day 1.

He just clogs the middle, gets boards, and is nice on offense.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
12/19/2014  7:59 AM
franco12 wrote:My biggest critique of Fisher is him not playing Cole Aldrich. I would have liked to have seen him start from day 1.

Cole has performed every time he has played. I think the issue with him is his body. He looks like a big marshmallow. I can't understand why a trainer has not gotten him and put him through a regimen to cut his body fat down. He has decent skills.

Knicks1969

12/19/2014  3:15 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
franco12 wrote:My biggest critique of Fisher is him not playing Cole Aldrich. I would have liked to have seen him start from day 1.

Cole has performed every time he has played. I think the issue with him is his body. He looks like a big marshmallow. I can't understand why a trainer has not gotten him and put him through a regimen to cut his body fat down. He has decent skills.

He is better then Jayson Smith for sure

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/19/2014  3:46 PM
No matter what you guys think.... this team sucks. Thjr, Shump and jr smith are all the same guy. You can't sit all of them because none of then stand out.

the entire front court are a bunch of throw away players.

Our record isn't a fluke....our expectations were way higher than what we have on the team.

Cole Alrich starting? Playing melo at the 4, starting acy, starting Amare at center, playing priggy. It's just alot of sorry reasons to complain.

Fisher has a team full of lazy nobodys. He has them playing well in spurts. Then they fall back asleep.

Bottom line fellas..... there is too much time being wasted arguing about bull****. The Knicks roster sucks. We're going to have almost a whole new team next season. I'm personally going that some of these guys go before the season ends

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/19/2014  3:59 PM

I do agree with that but it seems every coach Cole has ever had has ignored him. He's actually a solid player.
Knicks1969

12/19/2014  5:10 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:

I do agree with that but it seems every coach Cole has ever had has ignored him. He's actually a solid player.

He is much tougher than Jayson Smith, and by far the better rebounder out of our bigs. I have to blame none other then the coach for not playing him and Wear

Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

12/19/2014  9:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/19/2014  9:52 PM
nixluva wrote:

To be honest he's not expected to have it all together right out the box. J Kidd struggled too. Unless he had a set roster with a great core like Golden State, where I could coach them to a decent record. In this case due to the injuries and guys playing up and down it's hard for a coach to just trust a set group even when they're struggling. Especially when many of the guys aren't stars. It's tough to blame Fish with all the issues we've had to deal with health wise and with guys slumping or playing up and down.

Despite all that this team has been in a LOT of close games. If Melo and others were fully healthy from day one, we might have won a lot more of those games and the rotations would've been set.

Papabear Says

Nixluva last season the the season befor that you killed Woody and he had a far better record than Fisher. I must say when you are for someone you stick with it but when you don't like someone you hound them all season long.

Papabear
BLAME IT ALL ON FISHER

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy