12/18/2014  11:51 PM
Uptown wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:Melo is a great player but the coach needs to get the whole team involved ... So when there number is called in the fourth to hit a three there last shot was in the first it's not a guarantee that it's a brick
Like Hardaways?

So you don't like Shump and think J.R.'s nutty and feel THJR is limited

The late dig here on THJR all a front to protect Melo

Then I wonder why you had high hopes for this team

I don't think Shump is very good. I think JR could be a top 30 player if everything is aligned but it rarely is. Hardaway has a long way to go. Not sure why this is seen as protecting Melo. Are you a big Shump, JR, Tim fan? Tim took a really bad shot. Maybe he does that as a vet but it looked like a young guy going for his tonight versus making smart team decisions. If he hits that shot there aren't complaints but it still wasn't smart and he bricked it bad.

And you don't think Melo has spent the past decade+ doing the same

Yet you here like part of his army battalion defending him

Get Real Crush this is absurdly ludicrous on your part

Yeah, how dare Crush say anything positive about Melo while trueblue, 3g4g, juice, seatsblue, F500one is patrolling the board....

i agree with you but at the same time being a little critical of him doesnt make you a hater.

A little critical? Nah, every angle is a negative one with that dude, as Nalod pointed out. Dude has been posting like this for years...

i agree some have a agenda. I was talking more about me. There are things about melo that i like and some things that i dont but i support him since he is our best player
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
12/18/2014  11:51 PM
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:Melo is a great player but the coach needs to get the whole team involved ... So when there number is called in the fourth to hit a three there last shot was in the first it's not a guarantee that it's a brick
Like Hardaways?

So you don't like Shump and think J.R.'s nutty and feel THJR is limited

The late dig here on THJR all a front to protect Melo

Then I wonder why you had high hopes for this team

I don't think Shump is very good. I think JR could be a top 30 player if everything is aligned but it rarely is. Hardaway has a long way to go. Not sure why this is seen as protecting Melo. Are you a big Shump, JR, Tim fan? Tim took a really bad shot. Maybe he does that as a vet but it looked like a young guy going for his tonight versus making smart team decisions. If he hits that shot there aren't complaints but it still wasn't smart and he bricked it bad.

Let it go with that Smith and that Top 30 Ying Yang

And you don't think Melo has spent the past decade+ doing the same

Yet you here like part of his army battalion defending him

Get Real Crush this is absurdly ludicrous on your part

BTW our guard corp is a near abomination but before THJR is written off

There is hope he can be saved or let's try to save him

Before he's a forgotten memory

Not sure where you are going with this. Thought I was criticizing the 2 guard position but you seem to want to make it about Melo. Reminds a bit of when you wanted to make the Melo trade look really bad and claimed the pick traded for Bargs was traded to Denver for Melo. Knicksonline is pretty close to done so tread lightly here under your current incarnation.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

12/18/2014  11:52 PM
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:Thjr is our best 2 guard glad he's getting min and averaging close to 20 a game ... As a soph he is pretty awesome.22 years old thjr is a bad ass
He is shooting 33% since shump went down.

stop changing the subject

BEST TWO GUARD!

off subject:

Have you visited http://nbasavant.com/index.php? I've just come a cross after a Herring tweet the other day. I think you asked me about finding stats for specific qtrs and they might have what you are looking for. There shot tracker has a qtr fliter so maybe that helps you.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

12/18/2014  11:52 PM
He's 22 and the team plays the best with him on the court compared to the other two
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/18/2014  11:53 PM
F500ONE wrote:Some fans are upset on this board the team played hard

And had a chance to win without their Digital Athlete on the floor

There were ancient stories told from centuries back

Where a nation of people were told if a team doesn't have a Melo

Who's going to score the ball and they won't be competitive

Thanks for clarifying.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

12/18/2014  11:55 PM
As for the team it was really nice to see cole get 30 and to see a Fluid offense with zero hesitation looking for melo
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

12/18/2014  11:56 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:Thjr is our best 2 guard glad he's getting min and averaging close to 20 a game ... As a soph he is pretty awesome.22 years old thjr is a bad ass

BEST TWO GUARD!

off subject:

Have you visited http://nbasavant.com/index.php? I've just come a cross after a Herring tweet the other day. I think you asked me about finding stats for specific qtrs and they might have what you are looking for. There shot tracker has a qtr fliter so maybe that helps you.

didnt see assists broken down

so here is what phil is thinking ....
yellowboy90

12/19/2014  12:02 AM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

BEST TWO GUARD!

off subject:

Okay, I forgot you asked about asts. My bad.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/19/2014  12:05 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

BEST TWO GUARD!

off subject:

Yea he made a great point about most of Melo's assists coming in the 1st quarter before he resorts to dominating the ball the rest of the game. I too would love to find that stat

yellowboy90

12/19/2014  12:10 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

BEST TWO GUARD!

off subject:

Yea he made a great point about most of Melo's assists coming in the 1st quarter before he resorts to dominating the ball the rest of the game. I too would love to find that stat

Do you mean he holds the ball a long time?

yellowboy90

12/19/2014  12:16 AM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

BEST TWO GUARD!

off subject:

You could try to tweet Chris Herring or someone like that for that your info. Maybe contact 82games.com and ask them is another option.

Splat
Member: #5862

12/19/2014  12:43 AM
Even if this team was no worse tonight without him, Melo still banked another $302,400 for the game. Tough job not playing.
I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/19/2014  8:30 AM
Splat wrote:Even if this team was no worse tonight without him, Melo still banked another $302,400 for the game. Tough job not playing.
lol... I saw this thread and knew you would feel at home. A nice follow up to your "Melo ruined the NBA and know I dont like the KNicks" thread.

Good stuff

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/19/2014  9:01 AM
Melo murders love and buries christmas!

Think Jimmy Butler is a star? He is on a good team!!!!
Better ball movement without Melo. Same result. So the logical thing is "we are no worse, no better".
Good thinking when you can't see past your nose. The shortsighted see only whats in front of them.
Melo is no superstar on a bad team. True. melo would be better on a better team. Briliant right?
But gee, how we gonna attract players if we suck? Lets make trades now to get better, after all the pitiful knicks have no draft luck!!! Oh whoa is Me!!!
So how do the knicks break the chain if idiocy? Lowrey? Lowrey, Bargs and Melo as a core would suck. We'd be better, but not contend. Easy when your 5-23 to say whats wrong. Easy to say some would be an improvement here. Thats obvious. But whats hard is to see a MULTI SEASON REBUILD when your an emotional wreck and get off being "That guy who gets off on being that guy who says we suck!"

Whats not easy is to be patient, see what can be, and maybe enjoy some games in between.
Im that guy, and no I don't have the answers because its not right in front of me. Actually Im not stupid enough to just throw everything out in concept that "would improve". Thats easy. But its not real either. Throwing out trade ideals like vomit is easy and getting mad when GM does not make a deal is stupid when no working knowledge of the scenario is presented. Hindsight "Woulda coulda shoulda" or "I said so" is way too easy. if you spew ideals all the time of course "you said so" but you don't counter with the other half baked ideas that if enacted would have prevented "That" deal to happen.

Fans don't have any accountability because it seems like a video game to most. Nalod not claiming to have any either but when a guy says he is changing the culture of the team and one looks at the roster from day one it does not take a genius to figure out things are going to be different around here and losing might be part of it.

Lose the battle to win the war.

Knicks are not better without Carmelo? Im rooting for his success and transformation into the triangle as long as he is here. Me whining for him to go is not gonna make a difference. I didn't want him here but as long as he is Im gonna hope. If they trade him then I'll root for the new players and picks to establish a winning team!!!!

You 6 haters with never ending whining and angling to take every negative position with redundancy are doing a great job of stinking up many conversations. Its old and some of you are stale with new names. We've read them before. Its not a freedom of speech issue,, its just a request to have a fresh take. 5-23 means things are wrong. We get it. WE see it, we read it. Its understood.

Trust me, Mark Jax is not coming to save the day!

dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
12/19/2014  9:24 AM
Nalod wrote:Melo murders love and buries christmas!

Better ball movement without Melo. Same result. So the logical thing is "we are no worse, no better".
Good thinking when you can't see past your nose. The shortsighted see only whats in front of them.
Melo is no superstar on a bad team. True. melo would be better on a better team. Briliant right?
But gee, how we gonna attract players if we suck? Lets make trades now to get better, after all the pitiful knicks have no draft luck!!! Oh whoa is Me!!!
So how do the knicks break the chain if idiocy? Lowrey? Lowrey, Bargs and Melo as a core would suck. We'd be better, but not contend. Easy when your 5-23 to say whats wrong. Easy to say some would be an improvement here. Thats obvious. But whats hard is to see a MULTI SEASON REBUILD when your an emotional wreck and get off being "That guy who gets off on being that guy who says we suck!"

Whats not easy is to be patient, see what can be, and maybe enjoy some games in between.
Im that guy, and no I don't have the answers because its not right in front of me. Actually Im not stupid enough to just throw everything out in concept that "would improve". Thats easy. But its not real either. Throwing out trade ideals like vomit is easy and getting mad when GM does not make a deal is stupid when no working knowledge of the scenario is presented. Hindsight "Woulda coulda shoulda" or "I said so" is way too easy. if you spew ideals all the time of course "you said so" but you don't counter with the other half baked ideas that if enacted would have prevented "That" deal to happen.

Fans don't have any accountability because it seems like a video game to most. Nalod not claiming to have any either but when a guy says he is changing the culture of the team and one looks at the roster from day one it does not take a genius to figure out things are going to be different around here and losing might be part of it.

Knicks are not better without Carmelo? Im rooting for his success and transformation into the triangle as long as he is here. Me whining for him to go is not gonna make a difference. I didn't want him here but as long as he is Im gonna hope. If they trade him then I'll root for the new players and picks to establish a winning team!!!!

You 6 haters with never ending whining and angling to take every negative position with redundancy are doing a great job of stinking up many conversations. Its old and some of you are stale with new names. We've read them before. Its not a freedom of speech issue,, its just a request to have a fresh take. 5-23 means things are wrong. We get it. WE see it, we read it. Its understood.

there is a notion that melo needs to have better players around him. i think it may have been phil jackson who said that.

but surely that was said BEFORE jackdolan rewarded melo with a 124 million dollar contract. jackson's reaction? "He did exactly what we kind of asked him to do." care to unravel that knotty statement, nalod?

so you have to have a talent for compartmentalizing to tolerate what is going on with the knicks. you can't build around melo even at 13 million dollars a season, yet he is being paid 25 million and we somehow expect to build a winner even with more cap space.

puh-leeeeeeze

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/19/2014  9:56 AM
Yes, please give Travis Wear all of Melo's money and be done with it.
This site will then be a happier, more cheerful place to be.

I bet the Bulls are better without DRose, too.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/19/2014  9:59 AM
Oh, by the way, without Melo we still lost.
But I'm glad everyone feels better.

Go 'King Cole!

fishmike
USA
12/19/2014  9:59 AM
dk7th wrote:
Nalod wrote:Melo murders love and buries christmas!

there is a notion that melo needs to have better players around him. i think it may have been phil jackson who said that.

but surely that was said BEFORE jackdolan rewarded melo with a 124 million dollar contract. jackson's reaction? "He did exactly what we kind of asked him to do." care to unravel that knotty statement, nalod?

so you have to have a talent for compartmentalizing to tolerate what is going on with the knicks. you can't build around melo even at 13 million dollars a season, yet he is being paid 25 million and we somehow expect to build a winner even with more cap space.

puh-leeeeeeze

So we have moved on from waiving Gallo's stat line and Denver's win total in our faces and moved on to this... Carry on, just documenting the movement. One day you guys will be famous. There will be documentaries, statues... about "those who knew about Melo all along..."
fishmike
USA
12/19/2014  10:00 AM
jrodmc wrote:Oh, by the way, without Melo we still lost.

Go 'King Cole!

yea but those minutes that were freed up gave the Cole Appreciation thread some life. You never look at the upsides... typical Melo-zealot
mreinman
Member: #3189

12/19/2014  10:02 AM
fishmike wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Oh, by the way, without Melo we still lost.

Go 'King Cole!

yea but those minutes that were freed up gave the Cole Appreciation thread some life. You never look at the upsides... typical Melo-zealot

What does Cole playing have to do with Melo?

Who makes everything about Melo ???? hhhmm

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Ah are the Knicks better with out Carmelo

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy