[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Ah are the Knicks better with out Carmelo
Author Thread
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

12/18/2014  11:15 PM
Again. Melo is a ball hog/ how many 24 second shot clocks did we get tonight trying to get the ball to one player. Zero. Did we go through a 0 for 10 like we always do with melo, no ... Is melo a great scorer yes, is our coach setting the team up to be a team with melo... Not really when did Jordan or Kobe shoot the ball as much melo over and over again making the rest of the team stagnate
AUTOADVERT
F500ONE
Member: #5844

12/18/2014  11:15 PM
Uptown wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:I love it when these "better without melo" always gets everyone riled up

who's riled up?

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/18/2014  11:16 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Uptown wrote:This thread was so predictable. Got home late, turned the game on and saw the Knicks down by 3 very late in the game. I knew the moment I logged in to this site I would see a thread about us being better without Melo....SMH
its not really a bad argument even the broadcasters mentioned it. I like melo but i am fair about his strengths and weaknesses
Irish, I thought I heard the broadcasters say Melo should be paid more to play on such a bad team. I wasn't locked into to the broadcast until the third quarter so I might have missed something but are you saying the broadcasters said the Knicks are better without Melo?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

12/18/2014  11:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/18/2014  11:22 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Uptown wrote:This thread was so predictable. Got home late, turned the game on and saw the Knicks down by 3 very late in the game. I knew the moment I logged in to this site I would see a thread about us being better without Melo....SMH
its not really a bad argument even the broadcasters mentioned it. I like melo but i am fair about his strengths and weaknesses
Irish, I thought I heard the broadcasters say Melo should be paid more to play on such a bad team. I wasn't locked into to the broadcast until the third quarter so I might have missed something but are you saying the broadcasters said the Knicks are better without Melo?
French, i never said we are better without melo it just seemed tonight the ball was moving a bit better and guys had more confidence. I dont hate on melo. Hell hardaway is probably my favorite knick and i killed him for his last shot
CrushAlot
USA
12/18/2014  11:21 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
French, i never said we are better without melo it just seemed tonight the ball was moving a bit better and guys had more confidence
Did the broadcasters say the Knicks were better?
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

12/18/2014  11:22 PM
fitzfarm wrote:Again. Melo is a ball hog/ how many 24 second shot clocks did we get tonight trying to get the ball to one player. Zero. Did we go through a 0 for 10 like we always do with melo, no ... Is melo a great scorer yes, is our coach setting the team up to be a team with melo... Not really when did Jordan or Kobe shoot the ball as much melo over and over again making the rest of the team stagnate

yes they did. They had a stretch where they could not make a fg but got to the line occasional. There have been shot clock violation in other games when Melo didn't play and plenty of games when Melo has played where there were not any violations. There have been games he played where violations occurred when he was on the bench.

StarksEwing1

12/18/2014  11:23 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
French, i never said we are better without melo it just seemed tonight the ball was moving a bit better and guys had more confidence
not sure i was taking care of my daughter who has the flu so i only saw in bits and pieces
fitzfarm

12/18/2014  11:23 PM
Melo is a great player but the coach needs to get the whole team involved ... So when there number is called in the fourth to hit a three there last shot was in the first it's not a guarantee that it's a brick
CrushAlot
USA
12/18/2014  11:24 PM
fitzfarm wrote:Melo is a great player but the coach needs to get the whole team involved ... So when there number is called in the fourth to hit a three there last shot was in the first it's not a guarantee that it's a brick
Like Hardaways?
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/18/2014  11:25 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Who said that Barkley?

CrushAlot
USA
12/18/2014  11:25 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Who said that Barkley?

Yep. Idiot wind.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

12/18/2014  11:26 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

No they asked why don't they play like this all the time but they do. They are an inconsistent squad that plays team close. Their inability to play defense is why they can not get over the hump.

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

Melo should simply just be on restricted time..like no more than 20 mins a game tbh
The Future is Bright!
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

fitzfarm wrote:Again. Melo is a ball hog/ how many 24 second shot clocks did we get tonight trying to get the ball to one player. Zero. Did we go through a 0 for 10 like we always do with melo, no ... Is melo a great scorer yes, is our coach setting the team up to be a team with melo... Not really when did Jordan or Kobe shoot the ball as much melo over and over again making the rest of the team stagnate

You cant be serious with that last line? MJ shot the ball over 20 times per game every year of his career under Phil Jackson....In a 4 years stretch Kobe jacked up 20+ shots including 27 FGA's in 2006 under Phils watch...Kobe has taken more than 20 FGA's 13 times over his career while MElo AKA ball hog has only averaged over 20 FGA's 1 time while wearing a Knick Uni.....

He's averaging 19 FGA's this year while playing in the triangle with far less talent around than Kobe had, yet Kobe still found a way to put up 27 FGA's per in one year....

F500ONE

12/18/2014  11:27 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:Melo is a great player but the coach needs to get the whole team involved ... So when there number is called in the fourth to hit a three there last shot was in the first it's not a guarantee that it's a brick
Like Hardaways?

So you don't like Shump and think J.R.'s nutty and feel THJR is limited

The late dig here on THJR all a front to protect Melo

Then I wonder why you had high hopes for this team

F500ONE

12/18/2014  11:28 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Who said that Barkley?

Yep. Idiot wind.

So you're sourcing a perceived idiot to add steroid to your argument

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

12/18/2014  11:30 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:

just google "starksewing1" and "I like melo but ..." posts

so here is what phil is thinking ....
fitzfarm

12/18/2014  11:32 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:

yes they did. They had a stretch where they could not make a fg but got to the line occasional. There have been shot clock violation in other games when Melo didn't play and plenty of games when Melo has played where there were not any violations. There have been games he played where violations occurred when he was on the bench.

Even if there was a stretch like you say there was which I don't recall at least we got to the line during that time... I'm not a melo hater ... It's just that our entire offensive flow is for melo, this is a team sport and melo needs to be apart of the flow... Look how good chitown is and there best scorer is butler.. He shoots when the opportunity is givin not forced ... Like how we force the offense through melo all the time, the rest of the players fall asleep.. To where 60 percent of the time because chitown is a team there roll hinrick, brooks, Noah, gasol,Europedude, hit there shoots when given the opportunity. Unlike our players who are open think ... Where's melo... Which is wrong

CrushAlot
USA
12/18/2014  11:32 PM
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Like Hardaways?

So you don't like Shump and think J.R.'s nutty and feel THJR is limited

The late dig here on THJR all a front to protect Melo

Then I wonder why you had high hopes for this team

I don't think Shump is very good. I think JR could be a top 30 player if everything is aligned but it rarely is. Hardaway has a long way to go. Not sure why this is seen as protecting Melo. Are you a big Shump, JR, Tim fan? Tim took a really bad shot. Maybe he does that as a vet but it looked like a young guy going for his tonight versus making smart team decisions. If he hits that shot there aren't complaints but it still wasn't smart and he bricked it bad.
StarksEwing1

12/18/2014  11:33 PM
I wish we could find some neutral ground on melo. Seems like there are just haters and defenders. Hopefully melo can heal up soon because we need him to stay healthy the next 4 years for better or worse he has to be a key piece if we want to get back to the playoffs
Ah are the Knicks better with out Carmelo

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy