[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Rondo to Mavs is a done deal
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/19/2014  10:02 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:How about Bargnani for Wright and Bass?
sounds like your trading a bowl of pasta for a pencil and a fish
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/19/2014  11:18 AM
I'd trade Bargnani for just the pencil.
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
12/19/2014  11:36 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Wow. Great pick up for the Mavs. Cuban chasing a championship and getting the guy Morey wanted again.

Did Morey want him? Now or years ago? By the advanced metrics, Rondo is pretty bad right now.

Give it up Bonn, your metrics god is dead! Seriously though- Morey has sold out- last off season his big move was to either sign Melo, now he wanted Rondo- all he wants to do is land a third star/ big name- those two aren't really metric flattered guys.

smackeddog
12/19/2014  11:37 AM
Nalod wrote:Rondo is a good fit for Dallas. Good trade FOR THEM.

It's a bit more risky than that- will he mesh with Ellis, will his terrible 3pt shooting and free throw shooting be detrimental? I think it will work out, but I am frequently wrong! It'll be fun to watch though.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/19/2014  11:46 AM
smackeddog wrote:
Nalod wrote:Rondo is a good fit for Dallas. Good trade FOR THEM.

It's a bit more risky than that- will he mesh with Ellis, will his terrible 3pt shooting and free throw shooting be detrimental? I think it will work out, but I am frequently wrong! It'll be fun to watch though.

On paper. IM not nearly the fan of Rondo as many are. Neither are most GM's. Ainge been trying to get a return on him for the last few years. I think he did quite well this time. Wright is 27 and 205 LBs at 6-9. Seems Carolina clones these kids about every 5 years and puts them in the draft. They stay in the leauge but don't really do anything. The pick they got is nothing special given the restrictions.
Im not saying anyone "won or lost" this trade. Good actually for both team.

Will Rondo resign with them? How far do they go. Who does the pick turn out to be.

Phil Says you have to wait 4-5 years to see who wins a trade. Media can't wait 4-5 minutes to get an opinion. Then the "letter grade" by all star break.

I think we are just coming around to evaluate who won or lost he Melo trade. I think its a draw. Nether team flurished in the aftermath.

Bonn1997
USA
12/19/2014  12:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/19/2014  12:03 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Wow. Great pick up for the Mavs. Cuban chasing a championship and getting the guy Morey wanted again.

Did Morey want him? Now or years ago? By the advanced metrics, Rondo is pretty bad right now.

Give it up Bonn, your metrics god is dead! Seriously though- Morey has sold out- last off season his big move was to either sign Melo, now he wanted Rondo- all he wants to do is land a third star/ big name- those two aren't really metric flattered guys.

Other than acquiring Harden, which was brilliant, his moves have been mostly puzzling actually.
If he was getting Melo, I'm sure it would have been at a reasonable price and he would only be relying on Melo to be a #2 or 3. So that part doesn't puzzle me.
I haven't seen any detailed reports or quotes that he wanted Rondo. It looked like there was just an occasional sentence mentioning it in passing in articles about other things.
smackeddog
12/19/2014  12:07 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Other than acquiring Harden, which was brilliant, his moves have been mostly puzzling actually.
If he was getting Melo, I'm sure it would have been at a reasonable price and he would only be relying on Melo to be a #2 or 3. So that part doesn't puzzle me.
I haven't seen any detailed reports or quotes that he wanted Rondo. It looked like there was just an occasional sentence mentioning it in passing in articles about other things.

Personally I think sometimes his ego interferes with his metrics- that's how I make sense of his moves. I could be completely wrong though, I don't even know the man. He does seem obsessed with landing a big name though.

A Rondo/Harden/Dwight team would have been a pretty unlikeable team!

Bonn1997
USA
3/20/2015  3:39 PM
Bump: Dallas was 19-8 (.704) before Rondo and has gone 25-17 (.595) with him. And they gave up picks to get him!
mreinman
Member: #3189

3/20/2015  3:41 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:Bump: Dallas was 19-8 (.704) before Rondo and has gone 25-17 (.595) with him. And they gave up picks to get him!

maybe now people will start listening to us metric retards

How hard was it to see that this was a stupid move?? Very easy.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
mreinman

3/20/2015  3:43 PM
F500ONE wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
djsunyc wrote:not a good deal for Boston. should've traded him when they dumped pierce and kg.

really? sounds like a steal for them.

agreed

Yeah, that's a disaster for Dallas.

Naaaahhhh

Last time Rondo won big he won with

K.G. Pierce, Allen

Now he's with

Dirk, Parsons, Ellis

Very comparable

I miss F5 ... I have nobody to fight with anymore

smackeddog
3/20/2015  5:24 PM
mreinman wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:Bump: Dallas was 19-8 (.704) before Rondo and has gone 25-17 (.595) with him. And they gave up picks to get him!

How is it a victory for metrics? A lot of people were wary of Rondo regardless of metrics. You seem to greatly overestimate Rondos popularity on these boards and in general- Celtic fans have been saying he's awful since he came back from the ACL tear.

I think the Mavs may surprise in the playoffs. Their early record was misleading because their defense was poor and they didn't really have any quality wins against top teams. They still don't. However I think they might step up their game once the playoffs begin. Rondo has hindered Ellis though, which I predicted without metrics

mreinman

3/20/2015  5:26 PM
smackeddog wrote:
mreinman wrote:

How is it a victory for metrics? A lot of people were wary of Rondo regardless of metrics. You seem to greatly overestimate Rondos popularity on these boards and in general- Celtic fans have been saying he's awful since he came back from the ACL tear.

I think the Mavs may surprise in the playoffs. Their early record was misleading because their defense was poor and they didn't really have any quality wins against top teams. They still don't. However I think they might step up their game once the playoffs begin. Rondo has hindered Ellis though, which I predicted without metrics

because if Dallas followed metrics and did not choose to ignore them, then they never make this move.

Same with Bargs.

Many on this board still don't realize how bad the metrics are. Let alone that they gave up the house for him ... GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEz

smackeddog
3/20/2015  5:33 PM
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
mreinman wrote:

because if Dallas followed metrics and did not choose to ignore them, then they never make this move.

Same with Bargs.

Many on this board still don't realize how bad the metrics are. Let alone that they gave up the house for him ... GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEz

They gave up a late first rounder

mreinman

3/20/2015  5:35 PM
smackeddog wrote:
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Same with Bargs.

The Celtics received forward Brandan Wright, and guards Jameer Nelson and Jae Crowder. In addition, the Celtics received a 2015 first-round pick and a 2016 second-round pick.

smackeddog
3/20/2015  5:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/20/2015  5:46 PM
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Same with Bargs.

The Celtics received forward Brandan Wright, and guards Jameer Nelson and Jae Crowder. In addition, the Celtics received a 2015 first-round pick and a 2016 second-round pick.

It's not terrible- Brendon's Wright is a free agent this offseason, jammer Nelson is pretty much done. They took a risk, sometimes they work out, sometimes they don't.

Josh smiths metrics were awful, but he's been okay for the rockets.

Bonn1997
USA
3/20/2015  7:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/20/2015  7:44 PM
smackeddog wrote:
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Same with Bargs.

It's not terrible- Brendon's Wright is a free agent this offseason, jammer Nelson is pretty much done. They took a risk, sometimes they work out, sometimes they don't.

They made their team worse and gave up picks. That's as bad as it gets.
Smith's metrics are not as bad as Rondo's and you're right that he's merely been Okay for the Rockets. Giving up picks to get him would have been pretty bad.
mreinman

3/21/2015  9:58 PM
smackeddog wrote:
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Same with Bargs.

Ok for the rockets in what way? Defense has been very good ... offense = still putrid

mreinman

4/22/2015  7:44 PM
mreinman wrote:

Metrics Rule

Its a good tool to assists us tools ...

holfresh
Member: #1081

4/22/2015  7:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/22/2015  7:57 PM
mreinman wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Metrics Rule

Its a good tool to assists us tools ...

Metrics??..Rondo has a ring..What does metrics say about rings?

callmened
Member: #4234

4/22/2015  8:06 PM
i fully expect melo and the knicks to go hard after rondo. theyll claim he just needs a change of scenery. (if this happens i will lose all patience with phil and officially become a hater)
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
Rondo to Mavs is a done deal

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy