[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Hardaway
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/10/2004  1:46 AM
You know man....since I'm up bored and can't sleep cuz I work mid-nights.....Penny is Houston's replacement.

Penny did more than anyone expected and he wasn't really talked about. The guy really stepped up when the Knicks needed him. His playoff numbers are similiar to what he did on Orlando. I'm thinking about him now and maybe he see's being a Knick as a chance to get his mojo back.

Then there is DeMarr. He could be the perfect back-up to Timmy. Maybe our focus is a little off. Crawford and Dampier etc are all kinda hard targets. Those respective teams all have to want our players. Both teams already have their share of players just as wack as the ones we are trying to get rid of.

Bottom line is to eliminate and replace KT and Shandon. Knicks also gotta lose Othella Harrington, Cezary Trybanski, and Dikembe Mutombo.

Sometimes I wish teams could just release players from their contracts like in football. Shandon is the worst.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
kNYks342
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #466
6/10/2004  2:22 AM
sorry dawg but i like penny too but he's way too old to be h2o's replacement and his shooting percentage was way down in the playoffs..he's a really good defender and works his ass off that the reason why he is the perfect backup...but thats it....cant win with him as a starter..even though i would love to see it...also i think we need dampier as defensive presence...we need to reshape these knicks to be the vangundy and riley knicks...d first.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/10/2004  4:07 AM
Sometimes I wish teams could just release players from their contracts like in football.

The NBA was considering a rule where you could release one player from his contract each season. I'm very glad they didn't decide to have such a rule, though. If there were such a rule, the Knicks would have never gotten Marbury because the Suns would have already let Penny go and the Knicks couldn't have made the deal for Marbury worthwhile by taking Penny's bad contract. I'm expecting the Knicks to make a similar type of deal after next season when they have $30 plus mil in expiring contracts and can take back one or more bad contracts to get superstar; however, they could not make such a deal if the NBA had this rule.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/10/2004  4:08 AM
Posted by kNYks342:

sorry dawg but i like penny too but he's way too old to be h2o's replacement and his shooting percentage was way down in the playoffs..he's a really good defender and works his ass off that the reason why he is the perfect backup.

I agree and I don't even know if Penny could stay healthy if he started for a full season and played as hard all year as he did during the playoffs.
Hardaway

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy