Member: #303
12/11/2014  2:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/23/2014  10:58 PM
1. Jahill Okafor PF
2. Emmanuel Mudiay G/PG
3. Willie Stein C
4. Montrezl Harrell PF
5. Stanley Johnson F
6 Delon Wright

The list is now narrowed to 6 as it appears there is almost no chance to pick lower

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
12/11/2014  2:40 PM
BRIGGS wrote:1. Jahill Okafor PF
2. Willie Stein C
3. Frank Kaminsky PF/C
4. Montrezl Harrell PF
5. Emmanuel Mudiay G/PG
6 Karl Towns PF/C
7 Deangelo Russell PG
8 Jerian Grant PG
9 Dakari Johnson C
10 Delon Wright PG

Yikes- Karl towns has taken a tumble! What's led you to doubt him?

SwishAndDish13
Member: #5700

12/11/2014  2:46 PM
2. Willie Stein C
3. Frank Kaminsky PF/C
4. Montrezl Harrell PF
5. Emmanuel Mudiay G/PG
6 Karl Towns PF/C
7 Deangelo Russell PG
8 Jerian Grant PG
9 Dakari Johnson C
10 Delon Wright PG

That's way to high for Kaminsky IMO. Not enough upside to draft with a tip 10 pick. Out of curiosity what makes you so high on him? I have not been overly impressed seems like mostly a 7ft spot up shooter without any other real skills at this pt.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
12/11/2014  2:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/11/2014  3:00 PM
SwishAndDish13 wrote:
2. Willie Stein C
3. Frank Kaminsky PF/C
4. Montrezl Harrell PF
5. Emmanuel Mudiay G/PG
6 Karl Towns PF/C
7 Deangelo Russell PG
8 Jerian Grant PG
9 Dakari Johnson C
10 Delon Wright PG

That's way to high for Kaminsky IMO. Not enough upside to draft with a tip 10 pick. Out of curiosity what makes you so high on him? I have not been overly impressed seems like mostly a 7ft spot up shooter without any other real skills at this pt.

Hes the most skilled big player in the draft. And I think we are just seeing his upside. No other player in the draft is an inside outside player who can also handle the rock like him. I think hes closer to a Pau Gasol than hes been credited for.

RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/11/2014  3:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/11/2014  3:23 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
SwishAndDish13 wrote:
2. Willie Stein C
3. Frank Kaminsky PF/C
4. Montrezl Harrell PF
5. Emmanuel Mudiay G/PG
6 Karl Towns PF/C
7 Deangelo Russell PG
8 Jerian Grant PG
9 Dakari Johnson C
10 Delon Wright PG

Hes the most skilled big player in the draft. And I think we are just seeing his upside. No other player in the draft is an inside outside player who can also handle the rock like him. I think hes closer to a Pau Gasol than hes been credited for.

He reminds me a lot of Olynyk being a late bloomer who can do it all on offense. Not sure you can spend a top 3 pick on him, but he deserves to climb into the mid to late lottery for sure. If we don't land top 3, i would consider trading down for him if we can get another good player with him.

SwishAndDish13
Member: #5700

12/11/2014  5:30 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
SwishAndDish13 wrote:
2. Willie Stein C
3. Frank Kaminsky PF/C
4. Montrezl Harrell PF
5. Emmanuel Mudiay G/PG
6 Karl Towns PF/C
7 Deangelo Russell PG
8 Jerian Grant PG
9 Dakari Johnson C
10 Delon Wright PG

I have not been impressed by his inside game against any strong bigs at the college level, but I will take a look in the Big 10 regular season and see. I think he is worth a look but really too big of a gamble that high. I was thinking more 13-20 range.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/11/2014  5:47 PM
SwishAndDish13 wrote:
2. Willie Stein C
3. Frank Kaminsky PF/C
4. Montrezl Harrell PF
5. Emmanuel Mudiay G/PG
6 Karl Towns PF/C
7 Deangelo Russell PG
8 Jerian Grant PG
9 Dakari Johnson C
10 Delon Wright PG

I like Grant's game, but I think he's too high as well. He might sneak into the first round because it's blah draft for point guards, but he ain't going lottery.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BRIGGS
12/11/2014  6:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/11/2014  6:39 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
SwishAndDish13 wrote:
2. Willie Stein C
3. Frank Kaminsky PF/C
4. Montrezl Harrell PF
5. Emmanuel Mudiay G/PG
6 Karl Towns PF/C
7 Deangelo Russell PG
8 Jerian Grant PG
9 Dakari Johnson C
10 Delon Wright PG

I like Grant's game, but I think he's too high as well. He might sneak into the first round because it's blah draft for point guards, but he ain't going lottery.

Its early in the season and of course all of this is subject to change a very early rough draft. But I like Jerian Grant. When you to start looking hard--how many players are better than him? There are younger guys with more "upside" but isnt a 6-5 fairly athletic PG who has pedigree a big shot maker who does not turn the ball over not a player who will be a safe type pick? I really like Wright too, he reminds me a lot of when I think back to rajon Rondo at Kentucky long arms great rebounder slick dribbler great defender.

I havent really found a guard with "athletic force and power" like a Wade or Rose type this year unless someone feels Mudiay is that. Too bad Zach Lavine came out early--he might been pick #2--in fact Im sure he wouldve. As of now--unless you love Mudiay--when you get past pick 1--as of right now--there is a little crap shoot going on. You know if Willie Stein was more of a complete player he would easily be pick 2 with a chance at 1. If Towns was an inch taller and 20 pounds heavier hed also be a guy who'd be in the running at the top. The shtty part is we will only see some guys who will go high "part time". IF we keep the pick if we make a selection it will be interesting. Its a long season and some guys can develop further. Remember when I said Vucevic would be be real good--he went 16 and really he was a top 3 pick. For this system of play a player like Kaminsky makes a lot of sense. For me he'd need another hard "athletic" 10 pounds--but that is easy to do. If he came in a tad over 7 feet in shoes and weighed 250--I'd be interested at 3 down. Some people might say 2 but this is a one player draft and then you can get a good player--and then you have the luck of the Irish that they develop well. 7 footers with skills are not in abundance and we also need a big athletic PG among other slots.
There are some athletic SF's and PFs that dont have enough of a look yet guys like Mcculough Johnson Lavert Daniel Hamilton etc.. who could easily nforce their way into the top 10 with their play---we'll wait and see. Hopefully a number of guys breakout.

RIP Crushalot😞
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

12/11/2014  11:35 PM
why are you so high on stein? great defensive player but allergic to offense...i dont even think he looks at the rim besides lobs. hes tyson 2.0. a lottery pick but not at #2
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
JrZyHuStLa
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1241

12/11/2014  11:38 PM
Okafor weighs 270 as a college player. I'm not taking a guy that heavy over Towns who's a far better rebounder and defensive player, not to mention more offensive upside.
callmened

12/11/2014  11:41 PM
kaminisky is a skilled big man. again, hell be a lottery pick but not that high

harrell is an undersized PF who simply scorers on dunks/putbacks...absolutely no offensive game

mudiay i cant comment on because ive never seen him play

i like russell...ALOT

McCullough of syracuse will be a lottery pick but hes not that good. super soft but i get the upside at 6-10 with perimeter skills

stanley johnson is a great defender ...nice transition game...i wish theyd call more plays for him so i can see him shoot

myles turner is a super soft big man with a nice shooting touch

lavert is a skinny streaky SF

okafor is a solid low past man with excellent footwork. towns ditto but more perimter skills

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/11/2014  11:55 PM
callmened wrote:kaminisky is a skilled big man. again, hell be a lottery pick but not that high

harrell is an undersized PF who simply scorers on dunks/putbacks...absolutely no offensive game

mudiay i cant comment on because ive never seen him play

i like russell...ALOT

McCullough of syracuse will be a lottery pick but hes not that good. super soft but i get the upside at 6-10 with perimeter skills

stanley johnson is a great defender ...nice transition game...i wish theyd call more plays for him so i can see him shoot

myles turner is a super soft big man with a nice shooting touch

lavert is a skinny streaky SF

okafor is a solid low past man with excellent footwork. towns ditto but more perimter skills

I think Lavert is overrated, but I think he's a first rounder. He's a case of guy being underrated, then being overrated as scouts/writers readjusted their reports on him. I agree with you on McCollough. I see a lot of Dontae Green in his game.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BRIGGS
12/11/2014  11:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/12/2014  12:36 AM
callmened wrote:why are you so high on stein? great defensive player but allergic to offense...i dont even think he looks at the rim besides lobs. hes tyson 2.0. a lottery pick but not at #2

Stein is very close to a consensus(for me) number 2 pick. He's the best defensive player in the draft--the best defensive guard is Delon Wright out of Utah. Stein CAN be a more advanced Rodman type and that would be a great pick. He's mobile enough to guard SG and SF's and do it well he's a PURE NBA rim protector. While he seems to stand upright way too much his body is lean yet powerful with quick jump ability. You can see flashes of offensive upside a soft jump hook an 8 footer that he literally shoots down at the basket. An easy alley oop guy. We have to watch Kentucky--its as simple as that. I think that if we go by mock drafts and we factor where we would pick--likely 3-6 than my choice at this point would be Stein. Now we have options to trade down trade out etc... but I think Id stay with Stein. There is little risk there--hes going to be a very good defensive player and he rebounds well. Now can he develop that offense more--I mean there is potential there. Coming out with a guy who is a 7-1 player on a great team with his athletic ability and POTENTIAL two way play is a high quality pick. Franchise changer--no piece that can be put in place for a great team--yes.

If I had to make an educated guess--the NY Knicks will get 1 of Towns Ok4 Stein OR Mudiay. I dont think we even have to talk about anyone else. Im personally not that high on Mudiay. I have watched a lot of video on him and he is nOT an explosive athlete not a great shooter and questionable decision maker. I think he is much more Tyreke Evans than anyone great. I put him 6 on my list but I would trade him in my slot in the top 4-5. I would easily take Russell over Mudiay even though I have Mudiay listed higher. My personal interest would be getting a big man and than seeing if I could pick up another 2 players down lower from the wing or PG

RIP Crushalot😞
smackeddog
Member: #883
12/12/2014  5:08 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
callmened wrote:why are you so high on stein? great defensive player but allergic to offense...i dont even think he looks at the rim besides lobs. hes tyson 2.0. a lottery pick but not at #2

Stein is very close to a consensus(for me) number 2 pick. He's the best defensive player in the draft--the best defensive guard is Delon Wright out of Utah. Stein CAN be a more advanced Rodman type and that would be a great pick. He's mobile enough to guard SG and SF's and do it well he's a PURE NBA rim protector. While he seems to stand upright way too much his body is lean yet powerful with quick jump ability. You can see flashes of offensive upside a soft jump hook an 8 footer that he literally shoots down at the basket. An easy alley oop guy. We have to watch Kentucky--its as simple as that. I think that if we go by mock drafts and we factor where we would pick--likely 3-6 than my choice at this point would be Stein. Now we have options to trade down trade out etc... but I think Id stay with Stein. There is little risk there--hes going to be a very good defensive player and he rebounds well. Now can he develop that offense more--I mean there is potential there. Coming out with a guy who is a 7-1 player on a great team with his athletic ability and POTENTIAL two way play is a high quality pick. Franchise changer--no piece that can be put in place for a great team--yes.

If I had to make an educated guess--the NY Knicks will get 1 of Towns Ok4 Stein OR Mudiay. I dont think we even have to talk about anyone else. Im personally not that high on Mudiay. I have watched a lot of video on him and he is nOT an explosive athlete not a great shooter and questionable decision maker. I think he is much more Tyreke Evans than anyone great. I put him 6 on my list but I would trade him in my slot in the top 4-5. I would easily take Russell over Mudiay even though I have Mudiay listed higher. My personal interest would be getting a big man and than seeing if I could pick up another 2 players down lower from the wing or PG

Just out of curiosity, what FA signing would make the mosts sense to put next to OK4? What about Stein and Mudaiy? I wonder if we should take free agency into account when deciding who to draft.

BRIGGS
12/13/2014  2:18 PM
Again stein is starting to look like a no brainer pick 2 for our needs.
RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/13/2014  3:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/13/2014  3:12 PM
As of 12-13-2014 this is where things stand 57 games to go. Of course it is a Lottery so who knows what the final positions will be.

1.  Sixers     .091   Jahill Okafor PF
2. Pistons .174 Willie Stein C
3. Knicks .200 Frank Kaminsky PF/C
4. TWolves .227 Montrezl Harrell PF
5. Jazz .261 Emmanuel Mudiay G/PG
6. Hornets .273 Karl Towns PF/C
7. Pacers .304 Deangelo Russell PG
8. Lakers .304 Jerian Grant PG
9. Celtics .333 Dakari Johnson C
10. Magic .390 Delon Wright PG

I'm assuming things will move around quite a bit as the season moves along. All of these teams are so close right now but it's a lock that the Sixers will likely stay at the bottom with the Pistons right behind. I don't think the Knicks will stay where they're at. Melo doesn't look like he will shut things down. Unless Phil really pulls a move to get rid of some players it appears he's not trying to tank either. We'll know at some point in the next month what Phil is thinking. I just wouldn't get my hopes up for an Okafor or Stein unless we have a really great stroke of luck.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/13/2014  3:29 PM
Why is Karl Towns behind Kaminsky? Why is Karl Towns so low?
http://www.nbadraft.net/
callmened

12/13/2014  5:36 PM
for OUR needs, cauley-stein or any defensive center would be great. i just dont see star potential in him. i see a solid defensive center who will be inthe nbafor a long time

i have no idea why towns is behind kaminsky...kaminsky is good, verstile but i think were seeing him peak ability.towns has a word of potential

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

12/13/2014  6:49 PM
nixluva wrote:As of 12-13-2014 this is where things stand 57 games to go. Of course it is a Lottery so who knows what the final positions will be.

1.  Sixers     .091   Jahill Okafor PF
2. Pistons .174 Willie Stein C
3. Knicks .200 Frank Kaminsky PF/C
4. TWolves .227 Montrezl Harrell PF
5. Jazz .261 Emmanuel Mudiay G/PG
6. Hornets .273 Karl Towns PF/C
7. Pacers .304 Deangelo Russell PG
8. Lakers .304 Jerian Grant PG
9. Celtics .333 Dakari Johnson C
10. Magic .390 Delon Wright PG

I'm assuming things will move around quite a bit as the season moves along. All of these teams are so close right now but it's a lock that the Sixers will likely stay at the bottom with the Pistons right behind. I don't think the Knicks will stay where they're at. Melo doesn't look like he will shut things down. Unless Phil really pulls a move to get rid of some players it appears he's not trying to tank either. We'll know at some point in the next month what Phil is thinking. I just wouldn't get my hopes up for an Okafor or Stein unless we have a really great stroke of luck.

No way do you pass up on Towns if he's available when we pick...He has the potential to be the best player in this draft when its all said and done!!!!!!!

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/13/2014  6:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/13/2014  6:58 PM
callmened wrote:for OUR needs, cauley-stein or any defensive center would be great. i just dont see star potential in him. i see a solid defensive center who will be inthe nbafor a long time

i have no idea why towns is behind kaminsky...kaminsky is good, verstile but i think were seeing him peak ability.towns has a word of potential

I would be very satisfied with Stein but only if Towns and Ok4 are off the board.

I think Stein can have a Tyson like career in a few years with more blocks and maybe slightly better offensive moves. Not just dunks like Tyson.
We could definitely use that kind of player if we are picking 3-7.

Towns and Ok4 have much bigger upside I think. Like 18-23pts, 8-12rebs

Towns may not be as polished offensively as Ok4 but he can potentially bring more to the table while Ok4 can top off as Al Jefferson

My persoanl updated top 10 picks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy