Larry Bird "NBA needs more White Stars"
Author Thread
MX25
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #555
USA
6/9/2004  6:35 PM
Read that.

(http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/2004-06-08-bird-interview_x.htm)

When Joe Morgan (Black Baseball Player) brings up the lack of Black Stars in MLB everyone says how it's true and how Black people need help. And they are making baseball camps in black communities. Yet when Bird comments on lack of White Stars in NBA he's labaled racist.

BIG DOUBLE STANDARD!!
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
6/9/2004  7:06 PM
I don't know how a white person can make comments regarding white people and be a racist. I'm white and I wasn't offended. It's 100% true, who cares? As Sean Bateman would say, Deal With It.
#Knickstaps
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/9/2004  8:48 PM
you can't call Larry a racist, but you can call him stupid for making these types of comments...why can't athletes & coaches just think before they make retarded comments like this to the media?

Bill Parcells is another one w/the stupid "No offense to the 'Orientals' but we call them 'Jap Plays'" comment the other day...i'm a diehard Giants fan & i will always respect Bill Parcells for what he did for our franchise, but man, can he just keep his mouth shut on these types of things & not show everyone just how ignorant he is? it's not that hard...all it requires is thinking about what you're about to say before you say it.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Larry Bird "NBA needs more White Stars"

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy