[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jeremy Tyler Vs. Cole Aldrich or Jason Smith
Author Thread
Knicks1969
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5915

12/8/2014  11:44 AM
I know Tyler may not even be in the league at this point, but I believe he is a far better player than both Smith and Cole. He was a foul machine, but he sure as hell defended and rebounded the ball better then the aforementioned. He is a far better passer than the two and could have served a purpose if he were retained. We should have kept that dude on the roster instead of the two softies.
Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

12/8/2014  11:51 AM
hello fitzfarm
so here is what phil is thinking ....
Knicks1969

12/8/2014  11:52 AM
mreinman wrote:hello fitzfarm

Fitzfarm???

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/8/2014  4:12 PM
Tyler is a concept in a useless ramp to complain.
Tyler could not find another NBA job so not only is 1969 correct about tyler on the knicks, he knows better than 29 other teams and thier exec's!!!
Foul machines don't defend better. They are telling also of players not quick enough, smart enough or in good enough shape to stay on the floor.
Knicks1969

12/8/2014  4:39 PM
Nalod wrote:Tyler is a concept in a useless ramp to complain.
Tyler could not find another NBA job so not only is 1969 correct about tyler on the knicks, he knows better than 29 other teams and thier exec's!!!
Foul machines don't defend better. They are telling also of players not quick enough, smart enough or in good enough shape to stay on the floor.

Cole and Jayson Smith are no better

Nalod
USA
12/8/2014  4:43 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:

Tyler is in China. Your arguing the abstract.
Tyler is obviouly not to have shown enough interest by the knicks for this season or beyond. He was given a chance and was let go.
Cole and Smith are stop game short term players. Tyler if shown potential would have been kept. He can always come back can't he?
No harm.

Knicks1969

12/8/2014  4:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/8/2014  4:54 PM
Nalod wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:

Tyler is obviouly not to have shown enough interest by the knicks for this season or beyond. He was given a chance and was let go.
Cole and Smith are stop game short term players. Tyler if shown potential would have been kept. He can always come back can't he?
No harm.

I see where you are heading with your argument. What is done is already done. I was just voicing my displeasure with Jayson Smith and Cole. I simply think that Tyler gave a lot more the. The two combined

Nalod
USA
12/8/2014  4:59 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:

No harm.

I see where you are heading with your argument. What is done is already done. I was just voicing my displeasure with Jayson Smith and Cole. I simply think that Tyler gave a lot more the. The two combined

Cole and Smith are not good, and not expensive. Tyson is far better!!! This is part of the rebuilding. Calderone is here so Iman can get traded. Or JR.
Cleanthony Is not on the floor to justify the trade either way.
Root not for change, but for substansive moves to improve the future. Phil is using "not ruin the future". Short term patches is why we in the mess.
We even passed on Earl Clark for the 5 year in a row!
For most fans the frustration of losing with the muddy waters clouding any vision is not easy to blindly trust phils vision.

I have Faith. Its not much, but its all I got.

Knicks1969

12/8/2014  5:10 PM
Nalod, I did not mention Tyson's name.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
12/8/2014  6:30 PM
No point to compare non-NBA talent to non-NBA talent...
This all bunch of kind of bigs do not belong.
And at the time no NBA-talent is willing and available for the Knicks anything goes.
Same true about our guards.
This organization corner itself in such a hole that claiming back is no joke.
We will rip our nails off and fall back many times before getting out still stinky and shaky.
Patients bro... patience... and not for one season or 2, but much longer.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Nalod
USA
12/9/2014  8:39 AM
Knicks1969 wrote:Nalod, I did not mention Tyson's name.

Lamenting rant. You would have.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/11/2014  10:10 PM
Cole Aldrich--why doesnt he get 3-5 games with 35 minutes as a starter?
RIP Crushalot😞
tj23
Member: #3119

12/11/2014  10:49 PM
There are always bad decisions made throughout the sports world that baffle everyone. This one gets me. Tyler was a good pick and roll defender, weak side defender, and shot blocker. He had more of a post game than both of them and is a better passer. He couldn't defend anyone in the post any better and I believe Cole us a better per min rebounder but on a team sorely lacking defense I just don't get it. Tyler could be our starting center. Not a good one, but Sam has zero offensive game and Amare plays zero defense. He's be the most well rounded center on the roster. The only issue is minutes, because like you said, he picks up an insane number of fouls.
OldFan
Member: #446
12/12/2014  12:29 AM
Tyler has gotten multiple chances and not been able to stick here or anywhere else. Either his play has not impressed anyone who counts or he is a distraction off the court. In either case I don't think he would help this team.
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

12/31/2014  11:40 PM
Coletrain wins.
The Future is Bright!
RonRon
Member: #246
12/31/2014  11:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/31/2014  11:45 PM
He has the talent and abilties to play both PF/C on BOTH ends

However, when he didn't focus on developing his game prior to training camp/summer league and came in camp way out of shape, it was a sign that he wasn't taking it seriously
This was is 3rd stinct back and there are only so many chances one may have

With that said, I would still be willing to give him a chance with a non guaranteed deal with team option for 2nd year

Will Phil Jackson do the same with Bynum?
If he gave a chance for Odom, I cannot see why he wouldn't give Bynum a chance on a vet min deal with team option for 3rd that isn't guaranteed

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/1/2015  12:15 AM
RonRon wrote:He has the talent and abilties to play both PF/C on BOTH ends

However, when he didn't focus on developing his game prior to training camp/summer league and came in camp way out of shape, it was a sign that he wasn't taking it seriously
This was is 3rd stinct back and there are only so many chances one may have

With that said, I would still be willing to give him a chance with a non guaranteed deal with team option for 2nd year

Will Phil Jackson do the same with Bynum?
If he gave a chance for Odom, I cannot see why he wouldn't give Bynum a chance on a vet min deal with team option for 3rd that isn't guaranteed

Not sure. But I think giving Bynum a chance makes more sense then Tyler.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Jeremy Tyler Vs. Cole Aldrich or Jason Smith

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy