[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

what a devastating loss
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/9/2004  10:58 AM
how many people were screaming foul at their tv when LA in-bounded the ball? that is a devasting hit--they had that series won and now they are back to underdogs IMHO with the emergence of luke walton giving them some much needed quality depth. i was beginning to believe that while the pistons didnt have the star power, they just had to much depth and their rebounding appeared dominant
sheed looked better than i have seen him in 2 years in the paint. even though the guards rang up big numbers, i would play sheed more minutes and really concetrate going to him and keeping shaq out of the lane. sheed will either get a very high % shot or pass for a good look. on D they have to re-inforce help on kobe and take luke walton seriously because the guy can really playmake.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
timmyTtop
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #680
6/9/2004  11:03 AM
i have some big money on this series, so i am VERY happy with kobe's performance, GP and malone need to be more effective, after all they lost millions to get to this point, SHOW US U WANT IT! SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!!!
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
6/9/2004  12:44 PM
I always thought Walton was a great player and would adjust to the NBA nicely. I am glad he finally got some run and broke out in a Finals game. Detroit could have had that game, but think about the Lakers for a minute. Everytime they win a series it comes down to games like this - and they always triumph.

"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
6/9/2004  3:50 PM
This was a hard loss for Detroit, but splitting the first 2 games (and taking the loss into OT) is better than I expected.
If LA does win this...Detroit aint going out without a hell of a fight.
hDavis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #494
USA
6/9/2004  4:38 PM
what a rough loss- i felt like the knicks just lost i was so into it. GO EAST!
ANOTHER Knick turnover! -Marv Albert
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
6/9/2004  5:37 PM
Honestly I just don't understand why Detroit let that one slip. I blame Larry Brown a little bit for not telling his guys to foul (they could've fouled Shaq when he got the ball on the inbound). When you are facing a team as good as the Lakers and you have a three point lead, you cannot let them breathe at all. I was also suprised that Kobe wasn't doubled which in my mind was completely idiotic because everyone knew he would take the last shot. Games like these separate the great teams from the good teams and Detroit IMO is still not great. You just can't let that game slip away especially when you have a chance to go up 2-0 on the Lakers in the NBA Finals. Poor lack of execution by the Pistons.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/10/2004  1:07 AM
I guess the question is, do you want to stop the clock and put Shaq on the line where he might make one out of two and then you have to make your free throws or would you rather have someone who was 4 for 28 from 3 point range in the playoffs shoot a 3 with a hand in his face? I'm not saying I agree with the decision Detroit made, but I think people forget how easy it is to second-guess these decisions.
what a devastating loss

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy