[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Ultimate mistake when guarding Kobe.....
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
6/9/2004  8:21 AM
I don't know why most teams around the league continue to make the same mistake over and over again. Watching the game last night really proved my points. How in the world Detroit ended up having a 6'7" Hamilton on Kobe while Tayshon the 6'9" (7'2" WS) was on someone other than Kobe? The Pistons have themselves to blame for last night's lost. Kobe should have been double teamed in the last 10 seconds of the game. Out of all people, they should have knowned to double Kobe in the clutch. The strategy against him was perfect in the first game, why they changed it is beyond my understanding. I have watched Hamilton guarding Kobe all throughout the night, and I said to myself, if in the last 20 seconds of the game they don't switch that match up, they would have lost, and sure enough, what I have predicted happened.

If Detroit wants to win the next few games, they have to do a better job at defending Kobe. Let Shaq gets his points, but reduce Kobe's touches. They lost a perfect opportunity last night, and they know it.
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
6/9/2004  9:17 AM
forget that, the question is why coaches over and over and over don't foul when leading by three to send the other team to the line. how many 3 pointers at the buzzer did the nba see this year?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/9/2004  9:38 AM
Posted by diderotn:

I don't know why most teams around the league continue to make the same mistake over and over again. Watching the game last night really proved my points. How in the world Detroit ended up having a 6'7" Hamilton on Kobe while Tayshon the 6'9" (7'2" WS) was on someone other than Kobe? The Pistons have themselves to blame for last night's lost. Kobe should have been double teamed in the last 10 seconds of the game. Out of all people, they should have knowned to double Kobe in the clutch.

Talk to the Spurs about doubling Kobe.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/9/2004  9:38 AM
I think the real mistake was not fouling before the shot was launched. Or not fouling Shaq when he had the ball.

Detroit could have just lost the series with that game.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
djsunyc
6/9/2004  9:41 AM
Posted by martin:

I think the real mistake was not fouling before the shot was launched. Or not fouling Shaq when he had the ball.

Detroit could have just lost the series with that game.

detroit DID lose the series with that game...
diderotn
USA
6/9/2004  10:07 AM
Damn dude! It is only one game. You all should at least stop doubting this team by now. Remember, unlike the other teams, they are an excellent, well coached defensive team. To beat the Lakers is very simple: shut down everyone but Shaq and Kobe. Luke Walton and Fisher came up huge for them. They have to shut down everyone else, that is all. They already have a blue print, they just have to execute it better than they did last night.
djsunyc
6/9/2004  10:26 AM
i know it's only one game but i can't help but think that going 2-0 was the only real shot detroit had at winning the series. now they'll have to go back to los angeles. and the way they played in overtime...you could just see the whole momentum shift. they HAVE to win game 3 to stay in it.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/9/2004  10:37 AM
you guys never learn...the Lakers do this almost every year they've won a title...they go down by a game, or they're down by a seemingly impossible deficit late in a big game, or they're running out of time & they need a miracle shot to save the game for them, & they do it time after time after time...& all you ever hear is that they can be beaten by doing this or by doing that.

i'll believe it when i see it...i still say Lakers in 6...last night was just another crazy win that they had no business of winning but won anyway...it's pretty much par for the course for these guys.

& i hate them, i really do.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
diderotn
USA
6/9/2004  10:47 AM
As I have said before, Detroit already has the blue print to defit the Lakers, they just have to keep applying it to them. There is no reason to walk around with their heads down, they should be walking around with their heads up, because they have challenged the Lakers to the fullest in those last two games. Keep in mind, Larry Brown has been down this road once before with a less talented bunch. I am pretty sure he knows how to keep his boys motivated.

Even if the Lakers win a game in Detroit, I still believe that Detroit will pull this one out and become the well awaited Eastern NBA champion. I have a feeling that it is our year. The Lakers are doomed with the addition of Malone and Payton. Mark my words.
timmyTtop
Member: #680
6/9/2004  11:07 AM
Posted by TMS:

you guys never learn...the Lakers do this almost every year they've won a title...they go down by a game, or they're down by a seemingly impossible deficit late in a big game, or they're running out of time & they need a miracle shot to save the game for them, & they do it time after time after time...& all you ever hear is that they can be beaten by doing this or by doing that.

i'll believe it when i see it...i still say Lakers in 6...last night was just another crazy win that they had no business of winning but won anyway...it's pretty much par for the course for these guys.

& i hate them, i really do.

LETS GO LAKERS BABY! i got money on this series, kobe and shaq are tooo good, too damn good. i say lakers grab both games in detroit, i'm sure what larry brown said in the huddle before kobe's 3 sounded good until kobe defies u. these are world class coaches, they know what their doing, no defense can stop the kobe clutchness.... hopefully with the hellp of G-d and Isiah/messiah... we'll have his ass in the garden
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/9/2004  11:33 AM
I hate the lakers also, but lets be real, Great players beat good players all the time. This is why teams die to get these types of players. I really admire the pistons for giving the lakers all they can handle, but last nights game is what the pistons needed to steal this series. Now I don't think they will win more than 1 more game... I am not a fan of fouling a guy when up by 3, but I would have sent both prince and Rip at Kobe and make someone else beat me... Then again hindsight is 20/20...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/9/2004  11:48 AM
Detroit blew it because all LA does now is go into roboto mode and take Detroit apart.

Detroit is doing exactly the right things to beat LA. But like guys on here said you gotta run two guys at Kobe in the clutch. Kobe will hurt you everytime.

Detroit did it to themselves though cuz they had LA beat.....alot of stupid plays added up to Kobe's 3 pointer.

Ah hell......hopefully the Knicks will be there next year.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
raven
Member: #316
Canada
6/9/2004  12:08 PM
unlike the other teams, detroit appeared to be in control in game 1 and even a lot of game 2.

think about it. When the sixers won the first game, it was only by the clutch play of the devil iverson. they won that game with their guts, but watching it you knew they were toasted.

look at the lakers now. Are they confident ? not at all. they're still playing their usual role-playing game "they didn't win, we lost", which is aimed to restore a fake confidence as well as making the opponent doubt.

how did they reach the finals ? hard time against houston, I still don't know how they could do it. Miraculous shot against the spurs, from fisher. The timberwolves had neither cassel nor hudson. You could only dream of what these two guys would have made to the lakers pg, i can't remember his name.

did they crush all their opponents ? no. Do they seem invincible? no either.

what people tend to forget is that because of homecourt, the lakers are supposed to win these 2 games. They're more battle tested and they play at home. Yet, they lost the first and barely did the same with the second. they're still shaky, wondering how they could pull this one out.

Neither the spurs, nor the wolves nor the rockets did wht detroit did this time. Winning at thre staples center once, and frightening them for good.

I'd be more than surprised if they lost the series cause of that game. Ask the nets about their game 5 triple overtime victory, they have a lot to say about the pistons reacted.

[Edited by - raven on 06/09/2004 12:10:16]
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/9/2004  12:19 PM
the Kings seemed to have the series in their hands when they faced the Lakers in the Western Conference Finals until Robert Horry's shot killed their momentum...the Blazers had a 15 point lead in the 4th quarter of GAME 7 & let it slip away...the Spurs had the series in the bag it seemed until Derek Fisher's impossible shot went in...add Detroit to the list when it's all said & done.

Lakers do it again like they always do...GOD I HATE THEM!

[Edited by - TMS on 06/09/2004 12:19:40]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
6/10/2004  4:40 AM
at that time shaq was a better player. he has slowed, his stamina has droppped.

2 yrs ago, he would have scored 50 in game 1.

remember his 2 games in a roll of 40 points and 20 rebounds against the kings ?

lakers may win, but they're not so strong.
Ultimate mistake when guarding Kobe.....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy