[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Deleting accounts
Author Thread
DrAlphaeus
Alba Posts: 10
Member: #1781

11/29/2014  5:43 PM
Is there a way that someone can self-ban themselves from UK? Blow up their account and have all their posts deleted?
Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
AUTOADVERT
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
12/2/2014  4:53 PM
DrAlphaeus wrote:Is there a way that someone can self-ban themselves from UK? Blow up their account and have all their posts deleted?

They just need to code it. I'll help.

DROP TABLE Users;

Wait... ooops!

BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
12/2/2014  9:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/2/2014  9:58 PM
Why would you want to ban yourself?
https:// It's not so hard.
Solace
USA
12/2/2014  10:09 PM
BasketballJones wrote:Why would you want to ban yourself?

Maybe he hacked someone else's account and wants to ban them under themselves.

DrAlphaeus

12/3/2014  12:32 PM
Even though I use an alias, it wouldn't be difficult to figure out my real identity. Paranoid about data miners, future employment, etc. and not sure I want Alba posts for instance following me around, and would rather not bring a bunch of old threads up to the front page in order to delete them.

TL,DR: call it the "right to be forgotten".

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/3/2014  1:10 PM
Dr A, the most interesting superhero in the world.
He uses an alias!
He has a real identify for us to figure out!

Stay paranoid, my friends!

Didn't you idiots all get together and get drunk at some Pelopenesian restaurant or something? With pic postings and everything?
Who seriously will care who you are, and that you came in near dead last in the Alba?

Wow, reading all this makes me want to ban myself. Please tell me when it's in beta, Solace

DrAlphaeus

12/4/2014  1:49 PM
I'm just a normal man who is somewhat embarrassed I've spent as much time in my life as I have engaging with the likes of you jrod, and would like to delete all evidence of it.

Martin, Andrew: would appreciate your response.

BasketballJones
USA
12/5/2014  1:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/5/2014  1:39 PM
I think that would present some challenges on a site like this. It should be easy to delete all your posts and your account, but take a look at the second post in this thread. Should Solace's post be deleted because it quotes your post (along with your name) or should it be updated to say "UnknownUser wrote:" So now, in addition to deleting your posts MA has to do a full-text search and replace on your name throughout the entire posts table. Maybe that's easy to do with SQL Server, IDK. I do think its possible for them to change your name. I seem to recall that being done before, but there'd still be all those posts quoting the old you.

I think if you need an answer soon on the feasibility of this, you might want to email info@ultimateknicks.com.

jrodmc
USA
12/5/2014  2:43 PM
Note to self: spend the next 5 months quoting all Dr. Alpha UK posts, taking screenshots of same and then saving them to the "cloud". And then hand out thumb drive copies as free Christmas gifts to all my friends and enemies and acquaintences.

I wish I had some friends. Normal friends.

DrAlphaeus

12/5/2014  5:13 PM
Yea Jones, I did think of that re: quotes in other peoples' posts. I see that this is probably technically prohibitive.

I was probably overreacting re: privacy, but you never know. I guess if 10 years from now if I get called out for objectifying Grant Hill's wife in a misogynistic off-season fantasy beauty contest, it is what it is.

jrodmc
USA
12/5/2014  10:51 PM
Don't worry, none of us would vote for you anyway.
Solace
USA
12/8/2014  10:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/8/2014  10:42 AM
UnknownUser wrote:Yea Jones, I did think of that re: quotes in other peoples' posts. I see that this is probably technically prohibitive.

I was probably overreacting re: privacy, but you never know. I guess if 10 years from now if I get called out for objectifying Grant Hill's wife in a misogynistic off-season fantasy beauty contest, it is what it is.

It's not that hard to replace all text in a database, but it is slightly time consuming, and they might want to take the site offline. But, I don't see why they'd want to provide this feature to that extent.

However, I did quote you correctly this time.

BasketballJones
USA
12/8/2014  11:55 AM
UnknownUser wrote:
UnknownUser wrote:Yea Jones, I did think of that re: quotes in other peoples' posts. I see that this is probably technically prohibitive.

It's not that hard to replace all text in a database, but it is slightly time consuming, and they might want to take the site offline. But, I don't see why they'd want to provide this feature to that extent.

Cool. It's working.

jrodmc
USA
12/8/2014  3:21 PM
DrAlphaeus wrote:Yea Jones, I did think of that re: quotes in other peoples' posts. I see that this is probably technically prohibitive.

Solace
USA
12/8/2014  4:43 PM
UnknownUser wrote:
UnknownUser wrote:

Cool. It's working.

Yes. Finally a working feature.

BasketballJones
USA
12/9/2014  12:28 PM
UnknownUser wrote:
UnknownUser wrote:
UnknownUser wrote:

Cool. It's working.

Yeah they must be doing continuous integration now.

Solace
USA
12/10/2014  2:58 PM
UnknownUser wrote:
UnknownUser wrote:
UnknownUser wrote:
UnknownUser wrote:

Cool. It's working.

So, you are saying that they are Agile?

BasketballJones
USA
12/10/2014  3:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/10/2014  3:02 PM
UnknownUser wrote:
UnknownUser wrote:
UnknownUser wrote:
UnknownUser wrote:
UnknownUser wrote:

Cool. It's working.

So, you are saying that they are Agile?

They are among the most agile of cut and paste programmers working today.

jrodmc
USA
12/29/2014  11:30 AM
jrodmc wrote:
UnknownUser Posting as DrAlphaeus wrote:Yea Jones, I did think of that re: quotes in other peoples' posts. I see that this is probably technically prohibitive.

Deleting accounts

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy