Splat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5862

11/29/2014  11:12 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/29/2014  11:19 AM
Stat is funny. Tee hee

As Knicks falls to 4-13, Stoudemire calls effort ‘unacceptable’
November 29th, 2014 8:47 am

Adam Zagoria, Team Reporter

Without Carmelo Anthony, the Knicks lost by 27 points at Oklahoma City on Friday night and are nowStat tied for the NBA’s fourth-worst record at 4-13.

Only Philadelphia (0-15), Detroit (3-13) and the Lakers (3-13) have worse records than the Knicks. Charlotte is also 4-13.

Amar’e Stoudemire, who went for 20 points and nine rebounds in a 105-78 loss at OKC, called the Knicks out for their lack of effort.

“They played like they wanted it more,’’ Stoudemire said, per the New York Post. “At this point, I don’t see how a team wants it more than we do. It’s unacceptable. We should be in desperation mode. We’re a team that’s fighting for a win. Right now we got to have a higher sense of urgency and more enthused and mentally involved.’’

After an 0-3 Southwest trip, the Knicks come home to face three potential playoff teams in Miami (8-7) on Sunday, Brooklyn (6-8) on Tuesday and LeBron James and Cleveland (7-7) on Thursday.

Anthony may not return from back spasms until the Nets game.

“It’s intensity level at this point,’’ Stoudemire said. “The learning process is there. We can’t keep saying we’re learning. We’re learning. Teams want it more than we do. We can’t say we’re still learning. We can’t say we had an off night shooting. That happens, but you can still win the ballgame with defense. We have to become students of the game and become masters of our craft.’’

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
AUTOADVERT
SwishAndDish13
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5700

11/29/2014  11:24 AM
I'm personally sick of crap like this from SHAT. He is the worst. This is fake leadership. You lead by example. He has been in the league for a long time and still relies on his athletic abitily to overcome his lack of understanding of the game. Guy is a horrific defender and makes comments like that. That's talking, not leading.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/29/2014  11:33 AM
SwishAndDish13 wrote:I'm personally sick of crap like this from SHAT. He is the worst. This is fake leadership. You lead by example. He has been in the league for a long time and still relies on his athletic abitily to overcome his lack of understanding of the game. Guy is a horrific defender and makes comments like that. That's talking, not leading.

Ah same stuff that was posted about Zach Randolph. Scks at D cant do this cant d that. Ends up we made a terrible trade removing him for essentially nothing. Any player with talent put in the right setting should do well. Amare is not a 40 minute player--hes a reserve and its impossible to throw bottles at Amare. His first year here he looked like a similar prime version of Patrick Ewing. He got hurt---hes played very well for what he is--a guy who has been devastated by injury and limited to 24 minutes.

Our backcourt is putrid we have no real C we have so many gaps that its impossible to blame one guy and certainly Amare is not reason 1 why we sck.

RIP Crushalot😞
Splat

11/29/2014  11:35 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
SwishAndDish13 wrote:I'm personally sick of crap like this from SHAT. He is the worst. This is fake leadership. You lead by example. He has been in the league for a long time and still relies on his athletic abitily to overcome his lack of understanding of the game. Guy is a horrific defender and makes comments like that. That's talking, not leading.

Ah same stuff that was posted about Zach Randolph. Scks at D cant do this cant d that. Ends up we made a terrible trade removing him for essentially nothing. Any player with talent put in the right setting should do well. Amare is not a 40 minute player--hes a reserve and its impossible to throw bottles at Amare. His first year here he looked like a similar prime version of Patrick Ewing. He got hurt---hes played very well for what he is--a guy who has been devastated by injury and limited to 24 minutes.

Our backcourt is putrid we have no real C we have so many gaps that its impossible to blame one guy and certainly Amare is not reason 1 why we sck.

..... but Amare is the reason Amare sucks.

Splat

11/29/2014  11:44 AM
The Knicks gave $100M to a guy who doesn't even understand the game of basketball. And they gave $124M to another one who isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. New York is where dumb stars go to get paid.
SwishAndDish13
Member: #5700

11/29/2014  11:57 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

Wasn't really going down the Amare argument road. Just a statement that I am sick of comments like this from him for 5 years when he was basically a nom-contributor for all but 3 months of his tenure here. But it's hard to not put him as a primary reason given his contract vs contribution in q capped league.

BRIGGS
11/29/2014  12:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/29/2014  12:05 PM
Splat wrote:The Knicks gave $100M to a guy who doesn't even understand the game of basketball. And they gave $124M to another one who isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. New York is where dumb stars go to get paid.

Curry 80mm Starbury 90mm. JR Smith what another 40 mm(and gave his brother a job) Jerome James 35mm Howard Eisley 46mm Shanden Andersen 45mm

Amare signing only bad because mds said he was going to fall apart and he did. His first year he played up to contract

RIP Crushalot😞
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
11/29/2014  12:09 PM
In a season that is lost I don't understand why the Knicks are playing it so safe with Amare. Personally Knicks should be thinking about ridding him into the ground. Some team will come knocking offering picks in exchange.
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

11/29/2014  12:10 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

I agree with Swish...Amara is too lazy on D to say shyte about effort. Phck that ish.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/29/2014  12:30 PM
Vmart wrote:In a season that is lost I don't understand why the Knicks are playing it so safe with Amare. Personally Knicks should be thinking about ridding him into the ground. Some team will come knocking offering picks in exchange.

But then u risk injury hurting his value.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knicks1969
Member: #5915

11/29/2014  2:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/29/2014  2:14 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

I disagree with the comparison. Zack's game evolved a lot, while STATs regressed. ZACK learned to share the ball, and defend his position. He was always a double double machine. Same can't be said for STAT

Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
MS
Member: #724
11/29/2014  2:51 PM
Zach played fine when he was here. Isiah unfortunately had to play him with curry which made no sense and was a detriment to the defense.

The problem with Amare is he always makes a point to say something ridiculous like he will be taking the weight of picking up the defense or he has to lead by example. He works hard to get in shape and takes care of his body so if you want to give him credit for that fine. But every time he forgets his man, blows a switch, forgets to box out he looks around for someone to blame. He speaks about ball movement and then goes to isolation. Publicly says no one ever taught him defense, etc. He worked out with Hakeem, I'm willing to be the wasn't focussing any energy on defensive principles.

F500ONE
Member: #5844

11/29/2014  2:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/29/2014  3:00 PM
J.R. Smith said Stat is our MULE

While Melo is out and the team will get on his back

F500ONE

11/29/2014  2:59 PM
Splat wrote:“It’s intensity level at this point,’’ Stoudemire said. “The learning process is there. We can’t keep saying we’re learning. We’re learning. Teams want it more than we do. We can’t say we’re still learning. We can’t say we had an off night shooting. That happens, but you can still win the ballgame with defense. We have to become students of the game and become masters of our craft.’’

Doesn't a student learn?

Splat

11/29/2014  3:21 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Splat wrote:The Knicks gave $100M to a guy who doesn't even understand the game of basketball. And they gave $124M to another one who isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. New York is where dumb stars go to get paid.

Curry 80mm Starbury 90mm. JR Smith what another 40 mm(and gave his brother a job) Jerome James 35mm Howard Eisley 46mm Shanden Andersen 45mm

Amare signing only bad because mds said he was going to fall apart and he did. His first year he played up to contract

You just worsened your argument by citing a string of signings, most of which were mental midgets and horrid contracts. If that is your logic, that BY COMPARISON Stat's contract was not so bad, then you'd probably jump off a bridge if James Dolan asked you to. Why the hell are you defending this franchise's mistakes? And before you tell us it is not Amare's fault he got hurt, it was this club's idiocy to hand him a whopper contract when Phoenix wouldn't go there because he was uninsurable and only a cavemen couldn't figure out he would break down physically. So much for getting value out of Stat. One year. You think that is an argument in defense of Stat when we're talking about the franchise and its repeated stupidity.

The point I made was this is the club that loves to sign INTELLECTUAL MIDGETS with poor BB IQs like Stat and hand them hefty contracts only we would give them. No one else but the New York Knicks gave those players their absurd contracts and that includes your list which only weakens your argument.

Splat

11/29/2014  3:22 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I disagree with the comparison. Zack's game evolved a lot, while STATs regressed. ZACK learned to share the ball, and defend his position. He was always a double double machine. Same can't be said for STAT

Zach is a good player. Its an absurd comparison. Zach can actually play within an offense or ISO, whatever is called for. He can pass the ball. He's a quality rebounder. He plays winning ball. He's consistent as hell.

BRIGGS
11/29/2014  3:34 PM
Splat wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Zach is a good player. Its an absurd comparison. Zach can actually play within an offense or ISO, whatever is called for. He can pass the ball. He's a quality rebounder. He plays winning ball. He's consistent as hell.

Not true--lets be real.

Amare at one point was a top 5-10 NBA player on a great Phoenix team. Unstoppable. His first year with the Knicks he avg 25 points 9 rebounds 3 assists 2 blocks. The contract was stupid because the md's told him what was going to happen. Since that time weve had a different Amare--still consistent but you look at his contract and then say well he scks on D hes stupid etc... hes limited in time and body. Would you be unhappy if he was giving us 25-9-3-2 right now? No because wed be 14-4 not 4-14. We took a 100mm $ risk with Amare--so stupid contract YES.

RIP Crushalot😞
F500ONE

11/29/2014  3:36 PM
Splat wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I think ZACH is best suited for system ball

Consistently getting numbers on his terms probably wasn't the best route to go

Too many wasted possessions here and as the video

Showed above he did this against the defensive stalwart in Bargnani of all players

In regards to Amar'e when he said this

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/32396/amare-ive-never-been-taught-defense

CLOSED CASKET on what kind of idiot we picked up

F500ONE

11/29/2014  3:38 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Splat wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Not true--lets be real.

Amare at one point was a top 5-10 NBA player on a great Phoenix team. Unstoppable. His first year with the Knicks he avg 25 points 9 rebounds 3 assists 2 blocks. The contract was stupid because the md's told him what was going to happen. Since that time weve had a different Amare--still consistent but you look at his contract and then say well he scks on D hes stupid etc... hes limited in time and body. Would you be unhappy if he was giving us 25-9-3-2 right now? No because wed be 14-4 not 4-14. We took a 100mm $ risk with Amare--so stupid contract YES.

Dude when Phx doctors talk you listen

All of his past accomplishments were really irrelevant

And no he was never a Top 5-10 player

He's been in the same neck of the woods as Melo career-wise

Splat

11/29/2014  3:42 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Splat wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Not true--lets be real.

Not true? You respond to my comments that Zach is a good player and you don't even talk about Zach. Amare is an idiot basketball player. And, yes, it was a stupid contract.

Those are my two key points, stupid player and stupid contract, yet you dance around the topic like a Mexican jumping bean. Would you focus please?

Hail Stat! Leadership At Last

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy