[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread Knicks @ Mavs
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/26/2014  11:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/26/2014  11:25 PM
Since I am rooting for losses I will continue to treat the game thread as a place to discuss the game in real time. I'm not a cheerleader. Sorry if it offends anyone. I encouraged you to put me on ignore. No hard feelings
AUTOADVERT
Splat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5862

11/26/2014  11:26 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
dk7th wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:I dont think anybody likes losing. However gaining a top draft puck and developing rookies will help this team next year. Lets face it realistic fans knew it would be tough this year

Irish, I wouldnt mind the Knicks getting a high pick, but these game threads have been traditionally for fans who want to see their team win. When most posters get upset that they are actually winning, even when they are short handed, then yes it does bother me. If you want to see the Knicks tank thats fine but out of respect for fans who actually want to see them win, you should keep it out of a game thread. Plenty of other threads for that.

how does that square with those fans that want the knicks to tank? do you feel the same about them?

I have no problem with posters who want the team to tank, but that POV should be kept to other threads. Game threads have been traditionally for fans who want to see their team win.

says who?

Says someone who thinks you should have been banned a long time ago, and almost any other board you would have.

That's your solution? Burn the infidels? Maybe you could extend some awareness to how your intolerance is never going to mesh with those who don't agree with you and knock off the fascist mindset. Banning people is not a valid answer to this discussion.

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

Splat wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
What was the reaction to Melo's injury?

Take your pick:

1. Let the tanking proceed

2. Resting him is good anyway. He's more important next year than this year

3. This was the gamble when you overpay and overcommit to a player with Melo's age and mileage

None of which are reveling in his pain. I saw no sadism expressed, just the same logic already expressed by myself and others.

What would be good now is if he conditions himself better, because if Melo doesn't build his core strength his career will be over in a blink of an eye. And you'll still have people upset over such a comment even if it is the truth (as I see it).

Instead of people crying a river over opinions and attacking other fans of different persuasions over it, maybe it would be better to have our own opinions and defend the right to have them. If they can't handle what people think, then that's their problem.

Everyone comments about Melo's proficiency in drawing contact and getting a quality shot off; be it at the rim or midrange. You don't do that with a lack of core strength. The man is a bull for a reason and that all emminates from his core.

TeamBall
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4386

F500ONE wrote:
TeamBall wrote:Heres what you don't seem to get: I'm not telling anyone how to root for the team. I was commenting to Gustav that I found it weird to root against the Knicks. That's it. I'm not pretending to be a governing body so there's no need to accuse me of such.

There's nothing weird when you want a future

Hope is for a future

It's no different than a fan not wanting us

To make a trade eating up future cap space

In effort to get us to an 8th seed[which all things are unknowns of course]

We want a solid future and sacrifices have to be made

Gustav pulpit or anyone trying to co-sign Gustav is out of their gourd right now

F5 clearly we have different opinions on this. The only difference is that I can express mind without trying to insult you or anyone else. There's no point in continuing this with you.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/26/2014  11:27 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
dk7th wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:I dont think anybody likes losing. However gaining a top draft puck and developing rookies will help this team next year. Lets face it realistic fans knew it would be tough this year

Irish, I wouldnt mind the Knicks getting a high pick, but these game threads have been traditionally for fans who want to see their team win. When most posters get upset that they are actually winning, even when they are short handed, then yes it does bother me. If you want to see the Knicks tank thats fine but out of respect for fans who actually want to see them win, you should keep it out of a game thread. Plenty of other threads for that.

how does that square with those fans that want the knicks to tank? do you feel the same about them?

I have no problem with posters who want the team to tank, but that POV should be kept to other threads. Game threads have been traditionally for fans who want to see their team win.

My bad. Just saw this. Truth be told, this is my first season posting in the Game Thread forum, incidentally, so I was unaware of its etiquette. I was just following the Jones' and just went with the flow. I could see though how actively rooting against the team could piss you off though. I'll refrain from doing that in the future.

I normally stay out of this kind of stuff, its just that there have been an influx of posters in the last couple of years, enabled by some long time posters, who have gone out of their way to dampen any positive feelings for this team. To the point where they spam every thread and mock those who feel otherwise.

Splat

11/26/2014  11:29 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
Splat wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Take your pick:

3. This was the gamble when you overpay and overcommit to a player with Melo's age and mileage

None of which are reveling in his pain. I saw no sadism expressed, just the same logic already expressed by myself and others.

What would be good now is if he conditions himself better, because if Melo doesn't build his core strength his career will be over in a blink of an eye. And you'll still have people upset over such a comment even if it is the truth (as I see it).

Instead of people crying a river over opinions and attacking other fans of different persuasions over it, maybe it would be better to have our own opinions and defend the right to have them. If they can't handle what people think, then that's their problem.

Everyone comments about Melo's proficiency in drawing contact and getting a quality shot off; be it at the rim or midrange. You don't do that with a lack of core strength. The man is a bull for a reason and that all emminates from his core.

The native strength he possesses is just what he inherited, not necessarily a reflection of his regimen. If he has disc issues now, tell me you disagree that he will have to strengthen his core. Citing his style of play to reference his physical conditioning is so besides the point.

NardDogNation

11/26/2014  11:33 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
dk7th wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

My bad. Just saw this. Truth be told, this is my first season posting in the Game Thread forum, incidentally, so I was unaware of its etiquette. I was just following the Jones' and just went with the flow. I could see though how actively rooting against the team could piss you off though. I'll refrain from doing that in the future.

I normally stay out of this kind of stuff, its just that there have been an influx of posters in the last couple of years, enabled by some long time posters, who have gone out of their way to dampen any positive feelings for this team. To the point where they spam every thread and mock those who feel otherwise.

Bro, I get it. I'm a neophyte here but this is the only board I've been associated with where I've encountered (two) guys that actively root against the team, draft pick or not. Associating myself with that kind of negative thinking is new to me but I've tried to get into college basketball to understand what it's all for. I'm just hoping that it leads to something worthwhile because I hate watching collegiate sports, lol.

GustavBahler

11/26/2014  11:34 PM
Splat wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
dk7th wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

says who?

Says someone who thinks you should have been banned a long time ago, and almost any other board you would have.

That's your solution? Burn the infidels? Maybe you could extend some awareness to how your intolerance is never going to mesh with those who don't agree with you and knock off the fascist mindset. Banning people is not a valid answer to this discussion.

Fascist is just joining a board and spamming the board with negativity in almost every fing thread. I can handle opposing views, my track record here proves that. What I cant handle is posters who cant handle it when the team they are supposed to be fans of, exceed their expectations.

NardDogNation

11/26/2014  11:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/26/2014  11:48 PM
Splat wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Splat wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Take your pick:

The native strength he possesses is just what he inherited, not necessarily a reflection of his regimen. If he has disc issues now, tell me you disagree that he will have to strengthen his core. Citing his style of play to reference his physical conditioning is so besides the point.

Melo trains in the offseason as a boxer. As someone who did the same (as well as Muy Thai), I can assure you that it is very core-intensive.

And this point IS on point. Melo wouldn't be playing 77+ games a season if his conditioning wasn't there to consistently finish over contact.

GustavBahler

11/26/2014  11:38 PM
F500ONE wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:UGH FU JR!!!!!

No FU you whiny little beyotch. JR does something good and you're complaining? Get bent you are not a Knicks fan.

Fuck you and your emoticons. Who the **** complains about a buzzer beater? Go **** yourself

hey calm down no need to curse someone out

Blow it out your ass, anyone who complains about a Knick keeping us in the game gets what they deserve.

Its just a game man. There are more important things going on in the world

You are hoping the Knicks lose on a Knicks fan board, who the **** does that?

Me

No ****, thats why you should go kindly **** yourself.

really dude you are taking this too seriously. Its just a damn game

You're not helping by repeating that. If anything, it feeds the anger even though you don't intend it to.

well i made the mistake thinking gustav was rational and not mentally ill

Mentally ill is coming to a Knicks fan board and hoping the Knicks lose in a game thread.

i root for them to win but thats besides the point. The point is that you are attacking posters and being profane for no real reason

You have a twisted sense of what profanity means. I consider it profane to come to a site for Knicks fans and openly root in a game thread for them to fail.

It's a weird concept. Why watch a team and frequent a message board dedicated to them if you're going to root for them to lose?

Because we're rooting for the team's long term success

Why do parents discipline their kids

Possibly even giving them a spanking taking away privileges

When they know it will hurt them in the short term

Those parents still love their kids right

It's for the long term good of the situation

So your mind has twisted you into not understanding this

First off, your analogy doesn't exactly fit. The Knicks aren't your child, nor do they even know you're rooting against them on this message board. Second, my minds not twisted at all. I fully understand wanting a higher pick. We're not going anywhere this season because our team is trash. Fine. That's cool. It's the enjoyment you see from their losing - the same enjoyment that was had from their success - that seems weird to me.

Also, why don't you come off with a little less aggression. I didn't insult anyone or try to claim I knew what was going on in their minds. Show me the same courtesy.

The analogy fits, this team is like a kid to many of us

Nobody is rooting in a salivating enjoying way as you describe

You'll see the same fan being critical of dumb play by this team

But ultimately we want a loss when we're already double digit

In the wrong column 15gms into a season

No need to go on and on about how a fan roots for a team

You are not a governing body

Heres what you don't seem to get: I'm not telling anyone how to root for the team. I was commenting to Gustav that I found it weird to root against the Knicks. That's it. I'm not pretending to be a governing body so there's no need to accuse me of such.

There's nothing weird when you want a future

Hope is for a future

It's no different than a fan not wanting us

To make a trade eating up future cap space

In effort to get us to an 8th seed[which all things are unknowns of course]

We want a solid future and sacrifices have to be made

Gustav pulpit or anyone trying to co-sign Gustav is out of their gourd right now

Says the guys who had to change his handle because he wore out his welcome.

Splat

11/26/2014  11:38 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Fascist is just joining a board and spamming the board with negativity in almost every fing thread. I can handle opposing views, my track record here proves that. What I cant handle is posters who cant handle it when the team they are supposed to be fans of, exceed their expectations.

Evidently you don't understand what fascism means. My opinions are not fascist in nature. I'm the one supporting your right to believe whatever you want to believe. You're one who said you'd ban someone you don't agree with. Big difference Einstein.

If you really want to keep spewing, then go for it man, it will look good on your resume. It is your right to be a jerk and keep telling us we're jerks.

And there's an opening in the police force in Ferguson if you need a job.

gunsnewing
USA
11/26/2014  11:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/26/2014  11:40 PM
Gustav I was enjoying the game. I was neutral since we ultimately benefit from losses. I loved the way they played tonight. I was mostly kidding about being mad at JR for trying to win the game. It wasn't serious. I am pissed the Rangers lost. Sorry if you were offended. I apologize my friend
gunsnewing
USA
11/26/2014  11:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/26/2014  11:46 PM
Splat wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Splat wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Take your pick:

yea I read the Post article where Amare said just that in reference to his back spasms in 2011. Amare had to get a lot of rest and put in an incredible amount of effort in conditioning to get back on the court. Especially his core. He's been pain free ever since

Splat

11/26/2014  11:46 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
Splat wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Splat wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Take your pick:

yea I read the Post article where Amare said just that in reference to his back spasms in 2011. Amare had to get a lot of rest and put in an incredible amount of effort in conditioning. Especially his core. He's been pain free ever since

Exactly. It is not like I'm saying it arbitrarily. When I say Melo's career will be over if he doesn't apply himself to his core conditioning, its not a joke whatsoever. And it has zero to do with bias. Its as serious as a heart attack. The club will be stuck with another non-producing contract if he doesn't get his chit together.

NardDogNation

11/26/2014  11:49 PM
Splat wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Splat wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Splat wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Take your pick:

yea I read the Post article where Amare said just that in reference to his back spasms in 2011. Amare had to get a lot of rest and put in an incredible amount of effort in conditioning. Especially his core. He's been pain free ever since

Exactly. It is not like I'm saying it arbitrarily. When I say Melo's career will be over if he doesn't apply himself to his core conditioning, its not a joke whatsoever. And it has zero to do with bias. Its as serious as a heart attack. The club will be stuck with another non-producing contract if he doesn't get his chit together.

You do realize that Carmelo plays 77+ NBA games a season, while consistently finishing on contact? You don't do that and simultaneously be a league leader in minutes if you lack core conditioning.

Splat

11/26/2014  11:50 PM
If you say so Nard. Happy Thanksgiving
gunsnewing
USA
11/26/2014  11:52 PM
Supposedly Melo hasn't had any tests done yet. They are waiting for their return to New York to determine if its just a muscle spasm or herniated disc. Herniated disc will shut him down for a while as it did Amare. So yes he needs to work as hard as Amare did on his core of he doesn't want it to be a re-occurring injury. Same way Kobe goes above and beyond in rehabilitating himself after a major injury to get back on the court without skipping a beat.
GustavBahler

11/26/2014  11:52 PM
Splat wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Evidently you don't understand what fascism means. My opinions are not fascist in nature. I'm the one supporting your right to believe whatever you want to believe. You're one who said you'd ban someone you don't agree with. Big difference Einstein.

If you really want to keep spewing, then go for it man, it will look good on your resume. It is your right to be a jerk and keep telling us we're jerks.

And there's an opening in the police force in Ferguson if you need a job.

I can handle opposing views. Ive been here long enough to prove that. You just joined, yet you post more than anyone else here. By the sheer volume of your posts you try to drown out anyone who shows any positive feelings for this team. I believe you are a knowledgeable poster even though I don't always agree with you. You just need to dial it back IMO. As fas as Guns, he has a hard on for melo that just wont quit. some of you spend way too much time putting Melo on the couch. I look at other boards and this ish just doesnt happen. This was a board that was good enough, and run well enough to get a mention in the NY Times. These days we look like a poor man's realgm.

GustavBahler

11/26/2014  11:59 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Gustav I was enjoying the game. I was neutral since we ultimately benefit from losses. I loved the way they played tonight. I was mostly kidding about being mad at JR for trying to win the game. It wasn't serious. I am pissed the Rangers lost. Sorry if you were offended. I apologize my friend

Im very sorry I flew off the handle Guns. I share some of your concerns, but there should be a place where we should all get together and root for the team, dont ya think? The Knicks have been a disappointment for a long time so I understand your frustration, but that doesnt mean we have to express it in every single thread. Im not telling you to fake it, just that we get that you arent a fan of melo's, sometimes I feel the same way. We all know where we stand when it comes to some players. No point in driving that into the ground.

F500ONE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5844

11/27/2014  12:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/27/2014  12:03 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Splat wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
dk7th wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

says who?

You mean this team has exceeded my expectation of a championship

Which season(s) has this team exceeded expectation

No let's call this for what it is

This team has underachieved according to your expectations

Thus you're lashing out like a stark raving lunatic

At those who knew this team wouldn't meet their expectations

Game Thread Knicks @ Mavs

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy