Game Thread Knicks @ Mavs
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/26/2014  11:05 PM
dk7th wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:I dont think anybody likes losing. However gaining a top draft puck and developing rookies will help this team next year. Lets face it realistic fans knew it would be tough this year

Irish, I wouldnt mind the Knicks getting a high pick, but these game threads have been traditionally for fans who want to see their team win. When most posters get upset that they are actually winning, even when they are short handed, then yes it does bother me. If you want to see the Knicks tank thats fine but out of respect for fans who actually want to see them win, you should keep it out of a game thread. Plenty of other threads for that.

how does that square with those fans that want the knicks to tank? do you feel the same about them?

I have no problem with posters who want the team to tank, but that POV should be kept to other threads. Game threads have been traditionally for fans who want to see their team win.

AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler

11/26/2014  11:06 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:I dont think anybody likes losing. However gaining a top draft puck and developing rookies will help this team next year. Lets face it realistic fans knew it would be tough this year

Irish, I wouldnt mind the Knicks getting a high pick, but these game threads have been traditionally for fans who want to see their team win. When most posters get upset that they are actually winning, even when they are short handed, then yes it does bother me. If you want to see the Knicks tank thats fine but out of respect for fans who actually want to see them win, you should keep it out of a game thread. Plenty of other threads for that.

so instead of cursing you call me a nationality. Im italian by the way. Anyway i never root for them to lose i go to 10 games every year

I was referring to your previous incarnation.

CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
11/26/2014  11:06 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:UGH FU JR!!!!!

No FU you whiny little beyotch. JR does something good and you're complaining? Get bent you are not a Knicks fan.

Fuck you and your emoticons. Who the **** complains about a buzzer beater? Go **** yourself

hey calm down no need to curse someone out

Blow it out your ass, anyone who complains about a Knick keeping us in the game gets what they deserve.

Its just a game man. There are more important things going on in the world

You are hoping the Knicks lose on a Knicks fan board, who the **** does that?

Gustav, the same thing happened during the rockets game thread. It is ridiculous and I was really disappointed with a lot of posters. Also, the reaction to Melos injury on a Knicks board caused me to leave the game thread.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

11/26/2014  11:07 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

No FU you whiny little beyotch. JR does something good and you're complaining? Get bent you are not a Knicks fan.

Fuck you and your emoticons. Who the **** complains about a buzzer beater? Go **** yourself

Blow it out your ass, anyone who complains about a Knick keeping us in the game gets what they deserve.

Me

No ****, thats why you should go kindly **** yourself.

really dude you are taking this too seriously. Its just a damn game

You're not helping by repeating that. If anything, it feeds the anger even though you don't intend it to.

well i made the mistake thinking gustav was rational and not mentally ill

Mentally ill is coming to a Knicks fan board and hoping the Knicks lose in a game thread.

i root for them to win but thats besides the point. The point is that you are attacking posters and being profane for no real reason

You have a twisted sense of what profanity means. I consider it profane to come to a site for Knicks fans and openly root in a game thread for them to fail.

We're all Knick fans and with exception to the tkf and dk7th club, none of us are wishing ill on the franchise. The dudes currently wearing Knick uniforms are little more than stand-in's, playing for a contract on a different team. And I for one have no interest in helping pad the wallets of Amare (who I still like as a person), Iman, Bargnani, JR (if he opts out) or Samuel Dalembert. Most of those guys have had an opportunity to prove their worth to this franchise and failed miserably.

That being said, losing IS in this franchise's best interest. How many times do we have to play our way out of drafting Chris Paul/Deron Williams, Stephen Curry, Kevin Love/Russell Westbrook, etc. before realizing that winning ball games isn't always a win for the team? We're at another juncture where we need to acknowledge that or be doomed to repeat the past. And right now, I don't think we have much room for error because Melo isn't going to be Melo for much longer and he desperately needs a star/superstar to play with...the kind of star/superstar that can only happen via the draft. No, it might not produce immediate wins BUT there needs to be a post-Melo talent in place anyway or else we'll be stuck in the same kind of 15 year rut after Patrick Ewing's career ended. So I'll be rooting we lose every game from now till the end of the season, so that we have a chance for that not to happen. Nothing personal or anti-Knick from doing that though; at least not from me.

TeamBall
Member: #4386

11/26/2014  11:07 PM
F500ONE wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Me

You're not helping by repeating that. If anything, it feeds the anger even though you don't intend it to.

Mentally ill is coming to a Knicks fan board and hoping the Knicks lose in a game thread.

i root for them to win but thats besides the point. The point is that you are attacking posters and being profane for no real reason

You have a twisted sense of what profanity means. I consider it profane to come to a site for Knicks fans and openly root in a game thread for them to fail.

It's a weird concept. Why watch a team and frequent a message board dedicated to them if you're going to root for them to lose?

Because we're rooting for the team's long term success

Why do parents discipline their kids

Possibly even giving them a spanking taking away privileges

When they know it will hurt them in the short term

Those parents still love their kids right

It's for the long term good of the situation

So your mind has twisted you into not understanding this

First off, your analogy doesn't exactly fit. The Knicks aren't your child, nor do they even know you're rooting against them on this message board. Second, my minds not twisted at all. I fully understand wanting a higher pick. We're not going anywhere this season because our team is trash. Fine. That's cool. It's the enjoyment you see from their losing - the same enjoyment that was had from their success - that seems weird to me.

Also, why don't you come off with a little less aggression. I didn't insult anyone or try to claim I knew what was going on in their minds. Show me the same courtesy.

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/26/2014  11:08 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

so instead of cursing you call me a nationality. Im italian by the way. Anyway i never root for them to lose i go to 10 games every year

I was referring to your previous incarnation.

ok.....anyway back to Reality i respect your passion as a fan just there is no need to curse anybody out who has a different opinion. Its just basketball there are more important things
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/26/2014  11:09 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
dk7th wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

how does that square with those fans that want the knicks to tank? do you feel the same about them?

I have no problem with posters who want the team to tank, but that POV should be kept to other threads. Game threads have been traditionally for fans who want to see their team win.

says who?

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/26/2014  11:09 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Me

We're all Knick fans and with exception to the tkf and dk7th club, none of us are wishing ill on the franchise. The dudes currently wearing Knick uniforms are little more than stand-in's, playing for a contract on a different team. And I for one have no interest in helping pad the wallets of Amare (who I still like as a person), Iman, Bargnani, JR (if he opts out) or Samuel Dalembert. Most of those guys have had an opportunity to prove their worth to this franchise and failed miserably.

That being said, losing IS in this franchise's best interest. How many times do we have to play our way out of drafting Chris Paul/Deron Williams, Stephen Curry, Kevin Love/Russell Westbrook, etc. before realizing that winning ball games isn't always a win for the team? We're at another juncture where we need to acknowledge that or be doomed to repeat the past. And right now, I don't think we have much room for error because Melo isn't going to be Melo for much longer and he desperately needs a star/superstar to play with...the kind of star/superstar that can only happen via the draft. No, it might not produce immediate wins BUT there needs to be a post-Melo talent in place anyway or else we'll be stuck in the same kind of 15 year rut after Patrick Ewing's career ended. So I'll be rooting we lose every game from now till the end of the season, so that we have a chance for that not to happen. Nothing personal or anti-Knick from doing that though; at least not from me.

excellent points
gunsnewing
USA
11/26/2014  11:10 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Gustav, the same thing happened during the rockets game thread. It is ridiculous and I was really disappointed with a lot of posters. Also, the reaction to Melos injury on a Knicks board caused me to leave the game thread.

What was the reaction to Melo's injury?

GustavBahler

11/26/2014  11:13 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
dk7th wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

says who?

Says someone who thinks you should have been banned a long time ago, and almost any other board you would have.

F500ONE
Member: #5844

11/26/2014  11:13 PM
TeamBall wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Me

It's a weird concept. Why watch a team and frequent a message board dedicated to them if you're going to root for them to lose?

First off, your analogy doesn't exactly fit. The Knicks aren't your child, nor do they even know you're rooting against them on this message board. Second, my minds not twisted at all. I fully understand wanting a higher pick. We're not going anywhere this season because our team is trash. Fine. That's cool. It's the enjoyment you see from their losing - the same enjoyment that was had from their success - that seems weird to me.

Also, why don't you come off with a little less aggression. I didn't insult anyone or try to claim I knew what was going on in their minds. Show me the same courtesy.

The analogy fits, this team is like a kid to many of us

Nobody is rooting in a salivating enjoying way as you describe

You'll see the same fan being critical of dumb play by this team

But ultimately we want a loss when we're already double digit

In the wrong column 15gms into a season

No need to go on and on about how a fan roots for a team

You are not a governing body

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
11/26/2014  11:15 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Me

where on earth do you get the notion that i wish ill on the franchise? doesn't dolan provide that function enough as it is?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
gunsnewing
USA
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
dk7th wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

says who?

Says someone who thinks you should have been banned a long time ago, and almost any other board you would have.

Really? I was around for the 1st ever game thread. Never has anyone expressed that rule to me

GustavBahler

NardDogNation wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Me

Like I said Nard Dog, I understand why some posters want to tank, but when you go into a game thread and keep spamming the thread hoping that the knicks lose, then you shouldnt be surprised if fans take offense.

TeamBall
Member: #4386

11/26/2014  11:16 PM
F500ONE wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Me

Heres what you don't seem to get: I'm not telling anyone how to root for the team. I was commenting to Gustav that I found it weird to root against the Knicks. That's it. I'm not pretending to be a governing body so there's no need to accuse me of such.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
GustavBahler

11/26/2014  11:18 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
dk7th wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

says who?

Really? I was around for the 1st ever game thread. Never has anyone expressed that rule to me

Never said it was a rule. On almost every other board, in any sport, it would be considered a bitch move.

gunsnewing
USA
11/26/2014  11:19 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
dk7th wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

says who?

Never said it was a rule. On almost every other board, in any sport, it would be considered a bitch move.

oh

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

11/26/2014  11:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/26/2014  11:21 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
dk7th wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

My bad. Just saw this. Truth be told, this is my first season posting in the Game Thread forum, incidentally, so I was unaware of its etiquette. I was just following the Jones' and just went with the flow. I could see though how actively rooting against the team could piss you off though. I'll refrain from doing that in the future.

And disregard my previous post; I didn't read your explanation that I quoted before prepping my response.

Splat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5862

11/26/2014  11:21 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
What was the reaction to Melo's injury?

Take your pick:

1. Let the tanking proceed

2. Resting him is good anyway. He's more important next year than this year

3. This was the gamble when you overpay and overcommit to a player with Melo's age and mileage

None of which are reveling in his pain. I saw no sadism expressed, just the same logic already expressed by myself and others.

What would be good now is if he conditions himself better, because if Melo doesn't build his core strength his career will be over in a blink of an eye. And you'll still have people upset over such a comment even if it is the truth (as I see it).

Instead of people crying a river over opinions and attacking other fans of different persuasions over it, maybe it would be better to have our own opinions and defend the right to have them. If they can't handle what people think, then that's their problem.

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
F500ONE
Member: #5844

11/26/2014  11:23 PM
TeamBall wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Me

Heres what you don't seem to get: I'm not telling anyone how to root for the team. I was commenting to Gustav that I found it weird to root against the Knicks. That's it. I'm not pretending to be a governing body so there's no need to accuse me of such.

There's nothing weird when you want a future

Hope is for a future

It's no different than a fan not wanting us

To make a trade eating up future cap space

In effort to get us to an 8th seed[which all things are unknowns of course]

We want a solid future and sacrifices have to be made

Gustav pulpit or anyone trying to co-sign Gustav is out of their gourd right now

Game Thread Knicks @ Mavs

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy